Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #136
lidlfish
Earning My Ears

My cover page

Saw simular DISign by Kellybell and thought that I'd see what I could come up with. I used a desktop wallpaper that I had downloaded during a sweepstakes in Feb.

Previous Trips: 7-14 Jun 2014 Fantasy (7 Night Western) ~ 15-24 Jun 2012 WDW & 4 Night Dream ~ 15-20 May 2010: 1st Family WDW Trip, Offsite-Orange Lake Resort ~ Mar 1988 - Solo WDW Day Trip - Navy Bootcamp Graduation
lidlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #137
erinmomof2
Mouseketeer

Love this!

I've actually just started my binder for our last minute (for me) trip in August. For those of you near a Meijer, I found a binder similar to the red one pictured earlier with a snap closer instead of a zipper and it was on clearance for $5.99. It's bright "Disney" red and I love it. It already has over 50 pages in it!! My kids love flipping through it too. Thanks for the great ideas, I can't wait to add more to my book!
My blog: http://changingplates.blogspot.com/
A blog about changing to a whole foods diet.
erinmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #138
scmileyfan
Miley's biggest SC fan

I was just getting ready to toss out last years school calendar, and realized i could turn it into one of these organizers with a little scrapbook paper and some stickers! Yeah! I am too excited about this! Anyone else have photos of theirs to share???
scmileyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #139
Dismom55
DIS Veteran

I start a new binder for each new trip, I am glad I did this years ago as it makes for a great history reference. Often the question comes up why didn't we do this or that, and usually the answer is lets go to that binder and we discover it was not available for that visit. Or sometimes cost comparisons for then and now and of course park hours for that trip. I also use full size binders with top load sheet protectors for all my information and have a spread sheet that was shared with me for daily activities and ADR's that I print out, not only for myself, but I also supply the information to the rest of our group, especially handy since we are in more than one room this time and my kids will be 17 and 21 yrs old, so they do not stay with mom while in the parks and can figure out where to meet mom in an instant.

I also put daily information on index cards, they fit quite nicely in my fanny pack (yes, I wear one no matter how silly I look when at Disney). Easy reference when I forget the ADR time or just incase when I arrive for my ADR, I have my # handy!

So many good ideas on this thread!

Dismom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #140
Shannalee724
Mouseketeer

I'm still working on mine, but I promise to post pics when I am done.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #141
tinks_1989
need a like button

wow all of your ideas are just amasing puts my small notebook to shame
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:43 AM   #142
3dfan
Earning My Ears

Kat73 your idea with scrapbooking is just brilliant thanks for the tip - me and my children are going to Disneyland in Orlando this summer so it would be great to use a scrapbook!

Last edited by 3dfan; 07-13-2009 at 12:10 PM.
3dfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #143
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Great idea

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #144
hellosunshinee
Earning My Ears

I love this!! I am one for scrapbooking and planning also, so I might have to try this! I love how you have EVERYTHING written out, EMH, parades, etc. and also have your google maps already printed! Genius!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #145
mgjmom615
Mouseketeer

Love this idea!! You are so crafty! I am going to WDW in Sept this is my sons first trip. I want it to be a memorable trip. I think I will make a binder like this. This will be something to look back at and enjoy. I love to scrapbook but seems like I never have the time.

Off to Walmart I go...............

WDW 20th anniversary 2008

WDW birthday trip for my 11 year old son Sept 2009

surprise trip Sept 18,2010

Just a 3 moms and 3 13 yr old sons trip in May 2011.

First Cruise Sept 12,2013 Disney Dream
mgjmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #146
kmartin555
Mouseketeer

Finally Finished!

Here is my Disney Trip Binder! My family thinks I am crazy, so it is good to know that there are people like you guys on the DIS that understand!

I couldn't remember whose binders I looked at (I looked at about a million!) but I wanted to find this post since I got so many ideas from it, and wanted to say THANKS!

Here's the front:

I have it separated into a million categories, since we are staying in more than one city/hotel:

Travel - Flight & rental car info

Hotels - Info on the Daytona hotel as well as lots of info about Pop! Plus all of my confirmations

Budget - A basic budget breakdown, plus a clear pocket insert for receipts

Dining - ADR Info, Conf #s, menus, etc.

Plans - Day by day detailed itinerary. Yes, I know it's too structured. I am totally willing to go with the flow, and I promise not to freak out if things don't go as planned. Well, not too bad anyway. I just figure it's better to have an idea of what we're gonna be doing and when.

MNSSHP - Info about the party! Tips, etc. plus a credit card pocket thing that is holding our tickets

Maps - Disney park maps, plus Google Map directions to the hotel from the airport, to WalMart, etc.

Parks - A page for each park, with tips and other info

Mousellaneous - Other random info

Then I have a clear pocket in the back to hold other random odds and ends. And of course a to-do list and shopping list at the end.

OK! When I list it out like that it's a lot! And yes, I do have a life. My DD7 is also a little planner and loves art, so this is something we have worked on together over a few weekends. Also, I am the type who will totally put 100% into planning something, but once it's over, it's over! I intend to do a trip report, but I will never get around to actually scrapbooking or anything after the trip, so this will serve as a memory book also. I will just insert some photopass pics in here and there and call it an album!

One of the plan days:

My dividers (this is the front of the travel page):

One of these is in every one of my park info sections. I totally stole this idea from someone and I can't remember who. Thank you, whoever you are, fellow DISer!

One of my park info sections:

OK, that's it! Thanks for checking out my trip binder!

kmartin555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #147
Kat73
Mouseketeer

OMG your book is way super cute!!! Good job!

I need to post pictures of mine but it's not half as cute as that!

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #148
kmartin555
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
OMG your book is way super cute!!! Good job!

I need to post pictures of mine but it's not half as cute as that!
You should post it! All binders are different, and it's super fun to look at how everyone puts theirs together.
kmartin555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #149
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Love the binder. I want to start mine at least the art work. If you can recall where you got the grids/pages to plug in my info, that would be great.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #150
Shannalee724
Mouseketeer

Finally had time to take pictures

I was sooooooo inspired by this thread. I got to work on my binder. I pulled ideas from here, clipart from the creative disign forum, google and more. I recreated just about everything, but def have to thank my fellow DISers for all of their creativity and hard work. I am happy to share ANYTHING I have.

Here is what I came up with and I am sure I will add to it. I am more concerned about my ADRs right now to worry about anything else!!

Using the small 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 binder.

I will break this down into two posts. The first will be the spreadsheets I created, then the dividers.

Last edited by Shannalee724; 08-31-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Shannalee724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: