Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am here, too!!! So far so FUN!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hi Finally back to catch up.

Yay!! for an upgrade!!! How cool is that? I have to admit, even though we loved staying in the 80's/90's like you. It was so awesome to stay closer to everything this trip in a preferred room!! Great victory pose!!

Love all the scavenger hunt pictures!!! for the girls!!! I keep telling my boys that girls rule and boys drool. They obviously don't agree.

Great idea on the favorite/not so favorite things!! Can't wait to read more!!!

It sounds like you had sooooo much fun your first day!!! I'm excited to read more.

(oh..and I'm hoping to get my TR started sometime next week...hopefully)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #33
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Can't wait to read the rest when I get home - what a great start the trip!!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #34
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
I'm joining in!! What a great start to your trip - I love the scavenger hunt idea, that sounds fun

Can't wait for more - especially the favourite/not so favourite everyday, its always interesting to get the kids' perspective since as you say its often not what you expect!
We had a LOT of fun with the scavenger hunt and it was so easy to put together! I loved asking them their favorites every day! Watching them think it over always brought a smile to my face even before they answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay, I am here, too!!! So far so FUN!!!!
Yay! I loved your TR! I will be watching for your Christmas PTR too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Finally back to catch up.

Yay!! for an upgrade!!! How cool is that? I have to admit, even though we loved staying in the 80's/90's like you. It was so awesome to stay closer to everything this trip in a preferred room!! Great victory pose!!

I had been so worried that Alex was too 'old' now for Disney and wouldn't enjoy himself. I needn't have worried! His victory pose was par for the course this trip!
Love all the scavenger hunt pictures!!! for the girls!!! I keep telling my boys that girls rule and boys drool. They obviously don't agree.

Great idea on the favorite/not so favorite things!! Can't wait to read more!!!

It sounds like you had sooooo much fun your first day!!! I'm excited to read more.

(oh..and I'm hoping to get my TR started sometime next week...hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Can't wait to read the rest when I get home - what a great start the trip!!
Hello!!! I got thru your entire PTR in time to say have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to your TR too!
Old 08-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #35
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm back and have caught up!! Sounds like you guys had a great first day!!! Can't wait to read more!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #36
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Ok, I'm back and have caught up!! Sounds like you guys had a great first day!!! Can't wait to read more!!!
Thanks, it was a fabulous first day. If at all possible, I highly recommend your first day be a travel day / chill out at the resort and relax day.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #37
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh, I love that scavenger hunt! Especially the kids names spelled on the computer keys. What a creative mommy you are!

The kids favorite and less than favorite moments are so fun. Isn't it funny what resonates with kids?

Great, great first day. Can't wait to hear more, more, more!!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great day!! The scavenger seemed like a big hit with the kids and allowed for a really great way to explore the resort!! So glad you found out you wouldn't have to move rooms!!!!

Swimming...got to love being able to swim!!!!

Loved the boys adventure to Wal-Mart...both times LOL!!!! You are always bound to forget something every trip to Wally World...well at least I do LOL!!!!

I can't wait to find out more about your trip!!

YAY for Day 1

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #39
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh, I love that scavenger hunt! Especially the kids names spelled on the computer keys. What a creative mommy you are!

Isn't that cool how it looks with the pictures tiny and put together like that? But credit where credit is due... it was MelanieC here on the boards that put that together earlier this year!

The kids favorite and less than favorite moments are so fun. Isn't it funny what resonates with kids?

When Alex told me the favorite part of his first day was running back and forth on the conveyor belts with Demetri, I laughed my butt off!

Great, great first day. Can't wait to hear more, more, more!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great day!! The scavenger seemed like a big hit with the kids and allowed for a really great way to explore the resort!! So glad you found out you wouldn't have to move rooms!!!!

Oh I was sooo glad to stay put. The first CM I spoke to earlier in the day told me I'd probably not have to move but I wouldn't find out for sure until the morning. Ummm, no can you tell me now please so I can unpack? Thanks so much!

Swimming...got to love being able to swim!!!!

Loved the boys adventure to Wal-Mart...both times LOL!!!! You are always bound to forget something every trip to Wally World...well at least I do LOL!!!!

Honestly, they still 'gator speak' to this day. I'm not really sure what that entirely entails ? I just let them have their own secret joke.

I can't wait to find out more about your trip!!

YAY for Day 1
Update coming up!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #40
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

A Royal Invitation

Today was the day that Ariana and I were doing something together, just the two of us. The boys were sleeping in and taking care of the rental car and the twice forgotten stroller, while we quietly got ready for our special breakfast. Ariana is so very much a girlie-girl. She loves to wear skirts and dresses, loves to wear high heels, loves to wear pink and loves to wear makeup. Ok, maybe not makeup so much as shiny lipgloss. Anyway, she loves to be a princess and be around princesses, and her favorite place to be was Cinderella’s Castle, so it was only fitting that on this particular morning, we would be dining with the princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table.

First however, we had to run down to the registration to check in for our ‘second’ reservation. I’d only left myself 30 minutes to do this before we had to leave for CRT and remembering yesterday’s check in I thought that would be way more than enough time. When we stepped into the lobby however, I was met with such a crowd of people that my heart stopped. A bus must have just arrived before we did, maybe even two buses because the lines were all the way around the roped off area and stretching towards the Everything Pop area. Crap. I momentarily decided to try the concierge line to try and by-pass everyone else, I mean we were already there, shouldn’t it just be easy enough for them to hand us our new KTTW cards and be off? Alright, alright, I knew that wasn’t going to work and the line wasn’t getting any smaller, so I gritted my teeth and stood in the monster line checking my watch every thirty seconds. Then lo and behold, did I not look up to see a much smaller line in what I learned afterwards was the express on-line check in area? They really do need to do a much better job of identifying this line, the signs were all hidden! So we hopped in this line and I struck up a conversation with the lady in front of me who was staying the exact dates we were and was just re-checking in herself. There are 2880 rooms at the Pop Century and the woman had been told that 1000 people were doing the same thing we were doing - checking in for one night only on the day before the free dining, and then re-checking in with a ‘second’ reservation. Man! We got to the front of the line in no time and got our new KTTW cards. I stopped back into the room to leave the boys their new cards (they were still sleeping! ) and within my 30 minute window we headed over to the bus stops at 9:30am.

Woo-hoo was I looking forward to this. Those that followed my PTR might remember the first year we went to a CRT breakfast, our camera failed just as Snow White was approaching our table. Snow White is the princess my daughter adores the most. She has several Snow White dolls given to her as gifts from knowing friends and family and she has several costumes in various sizes because she dresses up as Snow White for Halloween every year. George had run down the stairs of the castle, and down Main Street USA to the Kodak store to buy a disposable camera, then back up Main Street USA and back up the stairs of the castle as we were finishing breakfast. The gentleman CM that was keeping track of the princesses to ensure they’d visited everyone had each princess come back to our table one by one with a special visit just for her. Snow White was last and we let her know she was Ariana’s very favorite princess. She decided to sit down with us at our table and talk with her for a while. Then she left momentarily to come back with a cup full of ‘pixie dust’, just for Ariana. I am not ashamed in the slightest to say I cried like a baby when we took that first picture with Ariana and Snow White that day. I even saw George surreptitiously wipe his eyes and I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen him cry in twenty years!

Our second visit to CRT was for a dinner reservation and was a completely different experience unfortunately. There were no princesses, just the Fairy Godmother who sang a ten minute song and I can’t even remember if she visited the tables…? I hadn’t known then the character side of the reservation changed throughout the day. The food was not so great and barely touched and my kids had a pretty cruddy time.

So this time, I was well prepared and we arrived at the Magic Kingdom twenty-five minutes ahead of our reservation.

Ariana spotted someone in a shop window she wanted to investigate closer.

And then we turned the corner to walk down Main Street USA. It was official.

Up came the horse drawn trolley and Ariana held out her hand for the horsey.

Casey called us over for a quick picture,

And then who did we run into but the Mayor! We hadn’t met him before and he was gracious enough to pose for us too.

I made it a point to walk slowly and look all around me this time. Usually I would have just looked straight ahead and wove my way around people on my way to the castle but nope, not this time!

We enjoyed this view for a bit and asked the ducky to come a little closer.

I wanted another picture of Ariana with the castle but there was a large group of people that would have been in the picture too. So I had Ariana step up onto an empty park bench and I liked the perspective of the shot it gave me.

We walked closer to the castle and I snapped a quick shot of one of my very favorite things in all the parks.

It was stll pretty empty at this point around the castle itself so I had Ariana stand in front with her arms in an “I’m here!” pose.

They had the front walkways roped off so we went around the side of the castle to get in from the back. We were still early so again we stopped to admire the view.

Time for one more photo

....and then it was about time to check in.

I love this area just inside the castle and I took lots of pictures. Here’s just a few while we waited five short minutes for our turn to meet Cinderella.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 08-31-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #41
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

One of my favorite photos of the trip.

A few more pictures while we waited for our Royal Call to go upstairs.

Another short five minute wait and we heard our names called.

I really like this window halfway up and I’d let the other parties go up first so I could hang back and take more pictures.

We got to the top of the first landing and I turned around to get one last shot of Cinderella in the background of the chandelier.

We were seated right away in what seemed like the dead centre of the room and was immediately served yummy orange juice and pastries and fruit. I didn’t realize how thirsty I was until I started drinking my juice and Ariana must have been the same because we both finished our glasses at once. They were instantly refilled and then we drank those too!

A scenery shot of the room. I want this style in my dining room.

Our breakfast arrived and all was quite tasty except for the ball of potato something. I especially enjoyed the blueberry topping and I’m not usually a blueberry fan. I really liked how it was a varied selection of the menu all at once so you could nibble away at everything at your leisure. The kiwi in particular was delish.

More orange juice fillups and it was around this point that Ariana’s photo with Cinderella arrived. It was one of the best pictures of her I’ve ever seen. I started to tear up because I’d not expected such a beautiful photo. When asked to smile, Ariana usually bares her teeth to the point where it becomes a frown and throws her chin in the air. Last year I used the thumbs up request to get her to relax her face, but I didn’t really want another vacations worth of thumbs up pictures, so I hadn’t yet found the magic request to have her just take ‘normal’ photos. For whatever reason, she smiled beautifully for the photographer and had her hands nicely down at her sides. Another thing usually captured in photos of her are her hands up and fingers curled in oddly shaped directions – otherwise known as stimming. Stimming looks like she’s putting on a finger puppet show, minus the puppets. Her arms go up and down with elbows bent and fingers contorted. Sometimes she pulls her hands right to her face and other times she does it quietly in her lap. But this picture was just beautiful. I proudly propped it up on our table and positioned it with our Royal Invitation in an attempt to go for an artsy put together look.

A quick picture of Ariana while she was sitting so patiently waiting for the princesses to visit. I had to remind her several times to eat her breakfast!

About ten minutes later, the princesses started to arrive at our table. Being in the centre of the room I think we were literally the last table they visited before going back to their respective castles. We were definitely spoiled on our first trip here because our visits seemed so very short this time. We stalled them a bit with our autograph book but unfortunately they couldn’t stay too long with us.

Snow White was first.

Then Sleeping Beauty came by to admire her pose on Ariana’s shirt.

Belle stopped over and Ariana was impressed to the point that she was looking so very angelic.

And then Jasmine came by for a visit. We hadn’t seen Jasmine our first time, it had been the Fairy Godmother instead, so it was a treat to meet with her.

A CM came over to give Ariana a wishing star to go with her wand and it was time to make our wishes. (Can you guess what I wished for? )

Not too much longer after that we waved goodbye to all the princesses and wrapped up our breakfast. We made our way to the bathrooms where Ariana made a quick switcheroo from glamour girl to ready for the heat sensible girl and it was time to leave the castle. We’d had a most wonderful time which was a good thing considering what we were going to be doing for the next hour and a half was definitely NOT what we’d planned.

Next Up: A Magic Kingdom Aggravation and Quick Recovery!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #42
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm caught up!

You are off to great start for your trip! Sounds like your Cinderella Breakfast was well worth it. The picture of Ariana with Cinderella is beautiful.

I can't believe the stroller was forgotten twice.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #43
mirandag819
DIS Veteran

Looks like you and Ariana had a lovely meal together. She looks so happy in the castle, and very beautiful posing with the princesses.

I had already looked through all your pictures and read your account, when it clicked to me that you were there on the same day as us.... so just for fun I looked for my family in the background....and I found us! That is so cool... I will have to relook at my own pictures and see if you all are in the background of any of them.
I see me in the blue shirt and my sister in the pink in between Ariana and Aurora on the upper level, oh and the back of my DHs black shirt:Then Sleeping Beauty came by to admire her pose on Ariana’s shirt.

My daughter Taylor is dressed as Cinderella and sitting just to the right of Belle's head
Belle stopped over and Ariana was impressed to the point that she was looking so very angelic.

My daugher waving her want over Jasmine's shoulder
And then Jasmine came by for a visit. We hadn’t seen Jasmine our first time, it had been the Fairy Godmother instead, so it was a treat to meet with her.

A CM came over to give Ariana a wishing star to go with her wand and it was time to make our wishes. (Can you guess what I wished for? )

Not too much longer after that we waved goodbye to all the princesses and wrapped up our breakfast. We made our way to the bathrooms where Ariana made a quick switcheroo from glamour girl to ready for the heat sensible girl and it was time to leave the castle. We’d had a most wonderful time which was a good thing considering what we were going to be doing for the next hour and a half was definitely NOT what we’d planned.

Next Up: A Magic Kingdom Aggravation and Quick Recovery!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am so easily amused, but I just thought that was cool, and what a small world, now off to search my pictures to see if I can spot you all!

Etsy ID: MirandaG819
Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #44
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here! I'm caught up!

You are off to great start for your trip! Sounds like your Cinderella Breakfast was well worth it. The picture of Ariana with Cinderella is beautiful.

I can't believe the stroller was forgotten twice.
Hi LL!!! I'm so glad your here! Stir craziness ebbed any? Now if I could just get Cinderella to pose with Ariana for school pictures, we'd be all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
I am so easily amused, but I just thought that was cool, and what a small world, now off to search my pictures to see if I can spot you all!
No way! That is awesome! I looked at the few other pics I have and I did spot your DH and your daughter one more time behind another Snow White picture. I kinda remember commenting to Ariana on a beautiful little Cinderella in the bathrooms when we were done. Was that you?!?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #45
mirandag819
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi LL!!! I'm so glad your here! Stir craziness ebbed any? Now if I could just get Cinderella to pose with Ariana for school pictures, we'd be all set.

No way! That is awesome! I looked at the few other pics I have and I did spot your DH and your daughter one more time behind another Snow White picture. I kinda remember commenting to Ariana on a beautiful little Cinderella in the bathrooms when we were done. Was that you?!?
That is too funny.... it might have been... my mom took her to the bathroom (my mom's a redhead) here is a picture of Taylor at CRT that day...

Unless of course she was misbehaving in the bathroom, in which case I don't know this little girl

I just skimmed all my CRT pictures (all 200 of them)....put on my camera they were pointed mostly towards the window....I'm gonna look through my mom's and my sisters now since they were sitting on the other end, they may have shot some pictures your direction.

Etsy ID: MirandaG819

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: