Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #1726
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

You are the awesome mom making those for Lacey.

Teachers. Enough said. I know they have bad days just like everyone else but they need to hold off till school is over to do their tantrums.

Lucky Ashton.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #1727
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks! no rush. I will send mine out today!!!

Sorry, again about Hunter. But, I agree it was probably Friday when he was not there she should have a list of who she handed one out to and didn't (sounds lack she is not very organized and overwhelmed in her postion)! Hope this coming week is a much better start for him!!!
Have a great weekend!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #1728
hhockman
DIS Veteran

It's when I hear stories like this that I think: Why does this person have a job and I can't find one? Granted, I don't live in Louisanna.

I'll bet she did hand them out on Friday. She should have kept a list. I would think she would have been required to.

I hope the rest of the year is better for poor Hunter!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #1729
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

First, kudos to you and Hunter for taking the high road with that teacher - she should be ashamed of herself!

What a lovely idea for the rice crispie treats - one day I'll grow up and get domesticated enough to do things like that

I'm sorry for my absence, it's nutso here!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 08-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #1730
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
You are the awesome mom making those for Lacey.

Teachers. Enough said. I know they have bad days just like everyone else but they need to hold off till school is over to do their tantrums.

Lucky Ashton.
I just hated for Lacey to pay almost $11.00 for the Mickey rice crispy treats. That's why I told her that I'd made 'em. Much cheaper for me to make them than for her to buy them. Yes, I had to pay for shipping but I always send "care packages" to the Mission kids anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Thanks! no rush. I will send mine out today!!!

Sorry, again about Hunter. But, I agree it was probably Friday when he was not there she should have a list of who she handed one out to and didn't (sounds lack she is not very organized and overwhelmed in her postion)! Hope this coming week is a much better start for him!!!
Have a great weekend!!
I really really think that the teacher handed out the workbooks on Friday. Hunter can be absentminded sometimes but I don't think he would have totally forgotten a book if the teacher had just handed them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
It's when I hear stories like this that I think: Why does this person have a job and I can't find one? Granted, I don't live in Louisanna.

I'll bet she did hand them out on Friday. She should have kept a list. I would think she would have been required to.

I hope the rest of the year is better for poor Hunter!
I understand your frustration. It took years for my cousin to get a full time teaching position.

I am sure she was "supposed" to keep a list of the students she handed the books out to but I doubt that she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
First, kudos to you and Hunter for taking the high road with that teacher - she should be ashamed of herself!

What a lovely idea for the rice crispie treats - one day I'll grow up and get domesticated enough to do things like that

I'm sorry for my absence, it's nutso here!
The way I look at it is this.....if we tick the teacher off in just the first week of school, can you imagine how she'll treat him the rest of the year? I don't want to even think about it.

I used to make all kinds of homemade goodies all the time. Used to be that you'd never walk into my house and there not be some kind of homemade dessert. Nowadays, not so much. I finally realized that I was working myself to death cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, etc. I could either be tired all the time and my house be spotless OR I could keep my house clean, watch a little television and not be so tired. I chose the later. The house is not a mess. We aren't going hungry or naked. And, I feel a lot better.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #1731
tink1957
DIS Veteran

I just spent the last few days reading your novel...uh...trip report and have been thoroughly entertained. I'm only on page 42 and I can't stop laughing. This report has everything laughter, suspense & drama...keep up the good work. Now I'm off to read the rest.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #1732
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh Jen, I am so sorry. I know that surgery isn't something that anyone looks forward to but it sounds like this is going to help him out a lot.

My niece had been going to the same doctor for years and years. She was greatly overweight so she went to a doctor who specialized in stomach stapling. He requested her records from her old doctor. Come to find out, she was diabetic. How did he know? Because her old doctor ran tests three years ago and the results came back that she had diabetes. Did the doctor tell her? No. That kinda stuff pisses me off to the nnnnth degree.

Will you have to get someone to help you around the farm? Or do you have enough help already?

I'm saying a prayer for your entire family right now.

Lisa
thanks! We will manage. But I'm sure things won't run perfectly. And as I have said before, DH's brother gets in panic mood whenever DH isn;t there working.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #1733
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
I just spent the last few days reading your novel...uh...trip report and have been thoroughly entertained. I'm only on page 42 and I can't stop laughing. This report has everything laughter, suspense & drama...keep up the good work. Now I'm off to read the rest.
I'm so glad that you are getting a laugh or two from my trip report. We did have some wacko things happen to us.

I've started my 2009 trip report. The link is in the signature. Hope you'll come over for a read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
thanks! We will manage. But I'm sure things won't run perfectly. And as I have said before, DH's brother gets in panic mood whenever DH isn;t there working.
I remember the brother-in-law calling repeatedly while ya'll were on vacation. I swear some people just try to disrupt vacations.

I hope that everything goes okay. Please keep us updated.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #1734
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

Just stopping in to say hi and to read your trip report. I thought that I better start off with this one before I read your next.

Also thanks for stopping by and checking out my pre trippie. I'm sure you will get a laugh or two also.

Okay time to go read some 116 pages of this thread.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #1735
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1st-timers View Post
Just stopping in to say hi and to read your trip report. I thought that I better start off with this one before I read your next.

Also thanks for stopping by and checking out my pre trippie. I'm sure you will get a laugh or two also.

Okay time to go read some 116 pages of this thread.
Hey!!!!! Once you get finished with this report, be sure to head over to the other one.

You'll find that we have all become fast friends while I tell my tale. I look forward to counting you as one of them.

Lisa

Old 08-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #1736
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey all! I need to go back through the thread and find this out myself but I need help. I hid the treasure for my reader who had an upcoming trip to the CBR. Now, I need to get the information to the reader. So...reader, reader, come out, come out wherever you are!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #1737
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I was just reading the net news(BO on busses) and ran across this and it made me think of how we had discussed this same thing here...
GO HAWAII!!

http://news.aol.com/article/honolulu...dy-odor/651049

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 09-02-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #1738
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey all! I need to go back through the thread and find this out myself but I need help. I hid the treasure for my reader who had an upcoming trip to the CBR. Now, I need to get the information to the reader. So...reader, reader, come out, come out wherever you are!
Anyone out there?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: