Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 03:15 AM   #16
Reiana
Earning My Ears

Can`t wait to read more
DLRP Aug. 96 Sequoia Lodge DLRP New Year 96/97 Cheyenne WDW Aug./Sept 97 All Star Sports DLRP New Year 97/98 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2001 New Port Bay DLRP June 2002 New Port Bay DLRP June 2003 New Port Bay DLRP Sept 2007 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Jan 2008 Disneyland Hotel DLRP Nov 2008 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2009 Santa Fe DLRP Nov 2009 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Sept 2010 Santa Fe DLRP June 2011 New York Santa Fe Nov 2011DLRPJune 2012
Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiana View Post
Can`t wait to read more
Glad you're joining in!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 08-29-2009 at 04:02 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Boys vs Girls Scavenger Hunt

Our plan while George was taking the rental car to Wal-Mart for some room snackies, souvenirs and a stroller, was to have a picture scavenger hunt. I’d found one here on the DIS and selected 20 items from it I thought would be fun and easy enough for us to find and I put a map of the resort on the back of each list. We broke into partners, boys versus girls, and the rules were simple. Each team had a list and a camera and you had to find and take pictures of each partner with as many items as you could. The team back to the room in one hour with the most items found, wins!

With my hand on the door handle and the boys poised to run, I threw open the door and let them out first. Had to give them a small advantage didn’t I? George says I'm very competitive, bah! Just before they’d whispered to themselves where they were going first and when the door opened they shot right out without hesitation. Ariana and I, on the other hand, decided once we approached the stairs to stay on the third level and just boot around to the other side of the building where the bowling pin pool was. We took a lot of pics right from there and crossed off a whole lot of items right off the bat! I’d promised the boys I would take two pictures of everything, with and without Ariana, since she wasn’t going to be able to take pictures of me.

7. Each pool from an upper level balcony!

8. How many icon pictures can you get ?

From there we decided to hit the lobby where I knew at least three more items were located and we took a bunch more pictures in there.

12. How many shadow boxes in the lobby are there ?

2. What is Everything Pop ?

11. Find the refillable mugs !

Then we scooted out one of the back doors of the main building to more areas around the different sections.

6. Find Goofy and his red car !

3. Play a game of Twister 1

We hit the mother lode of icons to take pictures of in the 70's section.

And we ran into squirrels and bunnies, but no duckies.

14. Find a Bunny, Duck and Squirrel !

At this point, we were about half way thru our allotted time and we ran into Alex and Demetri. Alex said he didn’t have very many items crossed off and Demetri was wilting a bit in the sun. Demetri then officially became a member of the girls team so Alex could speed up his game and we continued on. Next item we ran into?

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 08-29-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

This was such a neat idea, great way to keep the kids entertained. I'll have to use that idea on future trips when my kids get a little older. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. What a fun resort.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 08-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #20
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww...I love the scavenger hunt idea...what fun!! I can't wait to see which team comes out on top!!!!! I'm going to have search on here for those, I know a couple of families who would love those to try!!!!

Don't you just love the theming at POP! It is so much fun and a beautiful resort...by far my favorite value!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Do you remember your imagination?
Where Neverland was a destination?
Your magical adventure isn't over yet
Just hold on tight and don't forget

Every wish, every dream you ever had
Close your eyes
And it will all come rushing back
Fly away
All you need is to believe and remember when

You never know where your dreams might take you
So keep them safe and sound don't let reality break you
Feel your sweetest memories come and carry you away
Just get lost in yesterday

Surrender to the innocence
You thought you left behind
And reach the child that lives inside

Fly away
All you need is to believe and remember when

Remember when

--Richard Marx (Written for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary)
Ohhh, I love that song!

Here to join in on all the fun. I'm jealous you were there for 10 nights. Can't wait to see if we ran into each other!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #23
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

These two snazzy spuds.

17. Find Mr. Potato Head!

We then hightailed it to the 80s/90s section to take the computer keyboard spelling of our names. I now had two names to spell out so I had to kick it into overdrive if I wanted to get back in time!

16. Spell your name on the keyboard ! (hint: Computer Pool)

We took care of the computer icon and pool picture while we were there,

and moved to the next section to get a bunch more items crossed off.

4. What is Petals ?

18. Find the Play-doh !

Wed just finished with the Play-doh picture when our hour was up. Luckily enough wed finished in the 60s section so it was only a minute until we were back in the room. Alex had made it back first and while he didnt get everything, he got a lot of what Id missed so we had a lot of fun with, You found the ping pong table?! Where was it? and I didnt find the secret red button either! Here's a few of Alex and Demetri's pics:

1. Find the sign of your birth year !

10. Can you find a vending machine with a castle on it ?

Alex said this was about the time Demetri started wilting and asking for something to drink.... can you tell, lol ?

Demetri took some pretty good pictures for a four year old!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 08-29-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #24
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

So who was the winner? Well, let’s just say that girls RULE and boys DROOL ! Bwahaha! I'm not competitive at all! Not at all!

Right as we’d finished up, George called the room checking to see if anyone wanted to go to Wal-Mart with him. Seems he’d been held up whilst we’d been Magically Expressing and scavenger hunting so he hadn’t even gone yet. Alex decided to go with him and the rest of us headed to the bowling pin pool for a cool down. We’d forgotten Demetri’s swim jacket at home but they had lots there readily available to use and it was just fine. The water was nice to swim in but a little too hot for my taste. It felt like a hot tub at times as opposed to the refreshing swim I was looking forward to. We had lots of fun playing with the small little bowling ball size pool toys they had there and I enjoyed how less busy it was than the main 60’s pool. I could safely watch them both while still relaxing myself. I didn’t bring my camera for this particular swim but I did get some shots later on in the trip.

Oh! I forgot to mention the room we walked past as we were heading towards the pool! In the same building as us, building number one, on the main floor right on the corner facing the bowling pin pool there was a door covered in Mickey Heads. I couldn’t investigate it too closely because Ariana and Demetri were chomping the bit to go swimming, but there was a sign on the door that said it was an Un-birthday celebration and to sign a Mickey Head with the mini sharpie pen hanging by a string. I saw a head that had a DIS reference in it but I couldn’t find anything that indicated a DIS name. Anyways, I signed one of the heads as Mickey_Mom and as we walked past their window there were several more Mickey Heads hanging by strings on little suction cups! I loved it! My first day and I’d found fellow DISers! I hope I can find who they were, it be fun!

So back to the pool. We’d not eaten since our Timmy’s jaunt that morning (unless you count the peanuts on the flight and I certainly don’t!) so by now as it was approaching 7pm and George and Alex weren’t back yet, we were getting mighty hungry. Our first night we had a room only reservation so another use for our rental car was to grab a quick bite for dinner. We headed back to our room and within a few minutes our luggage arrived. Yay! More great timing! Ariana and Demetri curled up on the bed and watched Stacey list her ten must-do’s

while I unpacked and checked with the front desk that we were staying in the same room with our ‘second’ reservation. Yes!

Soon after that George and Alex returned. They had some weird story about getting lost and faulty directions and taxi drivers and gators. I don’t know. Whatever it was, they’d had so much fun they couldn’t stop laughing while trying to tell the story. Who knew a trip to Wal-Mart would result in one of the running jokes for the rest of the trip? They proudly unpacked all the souvenirs, room snackies and juice boxes they’d purchased, and then off we went in search of dinner. (Notice anything missing from their purchases? ) We knew there was a McDonalds down the street so we headed on over and filled our tummies. George and I swapped stories about the scavenger hunt and the Wal-Mart gator excursion and then talked about our plans for the next day. The boys could sleep in while Ariana and I headed off to our girls only breakfast but they had to take the rental car back before meeting us…. and they had to go back to Wal-Mart to get the stroller they’d forgotten to buy. Doh!

As we made it back to the room and packed it in for the night after watching a bit more of Stacey’s must-do’s, I was still in awe of the fact that we were here.

We. Were. Here.

Next Up: Favorite and Not-So-Favorite Things for Day 1

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 08-29-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #25
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Awwww... great start to your journey.... Walmart trips and getting lost, my kind of journey, I always get lost, not as much now that we have a GPS thank goodness. What great memories you've started and haven't even gotten to a park
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 08-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #26
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm in! I have to come back later and read your posts because I have to sign off for now! But I love the pictures of you & your family!!! Can't wait to read all about it
Old 08-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #27
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
This was such a neat idea, great way to keep the kids entertained. I'll have to use that idea on future trips when my kids get a little older. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. What a fun resort.
I'm so glad we did it! Each trip we've always regretted not exploring the resorts more, even last year when we had a rest day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww...I love the scavenger hunt idea...what fun!! I can't wait to see which team comes out on top!!!!! I'm going to have search on here for those, I know a couple of families who would love those to try!!!!

Don't you just love the theming at POP! It is so much fun and a beautiful resort...by far my favorite value!
Was there any doubt the girls would win? This was a great way to spend a room only day that we had tons of fun doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ohhh, I love that song!

Here to join in on all the fun. I'm jealous you were there for 10 nights. Can't wait to see if we ran into each other!
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Oh Hurray! You started your Trip Report-I can't wait to see what you did...I'm settling in...
Hi there Thanks for joining in, yours has been fun so far too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Awwww... great start to your journey.... Walmart trips and getting lost, my kind of journey, I always get lost, not as much now that we have a GPS thank goodness. What great memories you've started and haven't even gotten to a park
The funny thing is, they actually stopped and asked directions several times (men? asking directions? ) but were sent different ways each time they asked!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #28
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm in! I have to come back later and read your posts because I have to sign off for now! But I love the pictures of you & your family!!! Can't wait to read all about it
Oh hi! You snuck in there right before my reply post!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 08-29-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Favorite Things from Day 1 (Aug 15th)

Whoops!! I forgot to add to the end of our first day one of the things I was most looking forward to on this trip!

Before we left, I'd put together a Walt Disney World Travel Journal so that I could take notes to remember for my Trip Report. Part of the journal asked for your favorite thing of the day and the not so favorite thing of the day. So each night before we turned in for the night, I downloaded that days pictures to my laptop and asked each of the kids those questions. I knew they'd surprise me with some of the answers I got and I was right. They put a lot of thought into it every day and sometimes I had to give them ten minutes or so to think about it. Soliciting responses from Ariana was sometimes a challenge and we tried very hard not to put words in her mouth, but she did a fabulous job.

So today's Favorite and Not-So-Favorite Things were:

ALEX
: Running with Demetri on the conveyor belts at the airport. (and) Road trip with daddy to the Wal-Mart.
: Arriving extra early at the airport.

ARIANA
: Swimming in the bowling pool.
: Nothing!

DEMETRI
: Going to the airport and going on the plane.
: Wilting while scavenger hunting.

Next Up: A Royal Invitation
Old 08-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in!! What a great start to your trip - I love the scavenger hunt idea, that sounds fun

Can't wait for more - especially the favourite/not so favourite everyday, its always interesting to get the kids' perspective since as you say its often not what you expect!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: