Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #151
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

[

I like the lower dolphin better lol! JK - what a great picture! You must be a very fun mommy!

And I'm NO celebrity! I haven't been 'discovered' in a non Dis-meet. I'll let you know if it happens.

-nat
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #152
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafitty View Post
hi Shanan! i followed you here from Jaime's report, and just wanted to say "hi" and i'm really enjoying your view of things! It's so awesome that you got to come out of your shell on PCC 1.0...i want to go SOOOO bad on 2.0 but i don't know if it's going to happen.

i'm not gonna go through and comment on everything, but i have to say, i was laughing pretty hard at the whole schrod debacle at the Celebration Town Tavern. i'm a New Englander, and i HATE white fish in general, but i will forever associate baked schrod with old folks, because of waiting tables around here for so many years. We always used to be like, "What the heck is 'schrod'?" cause it usually is just cod... i never knew it was an acronym for something, so thanks for your research on that!!

i'll be back to read more!
Hi!! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will be able to join us on 2.0! It is going to be all fun times 2 . Yeah that fish was the most awful thing I have ever ate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
I don't know which is funnier, Jason with the "gun" or your b00b in the dolphin head? LOL!
LOL! Yeah and they were both unintentionally too! I would have to go with the "gun"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
I didn't even know there was anything weird about that pic until my brother commented on it Completely unintentional... I think Shanan's was, too, but she's not as innocent as I am
That is what you think!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
[

I like the lower dolphin better lol! JK - what a great picture! You must be a very fun mommy!

And I'm NO celebrity! I haven't been 'discovered' in a non Dis-meet. I'll let you know if it happens.

-nat
I would like to think I am a fun mom, at least when Aaron is paying attention to me! It must be the age! He is usually in his own little world.

I haven't been 'discovered' at a non Dis-meet yet either....don't worry I think you will be soon enough!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #153
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Will we see Aaron, or go to Le Celliar?

Our Pre-Trip Plans:
Thursday May 14th
Slowly work ourselves....or shall I say roll ourselves off the boat.
After 4 days of eating everything we have ever wanted!

We will be taking DCL transport over to Pop century, and we will check-in.

Today we get to see our son Aaron!!

I know we will miss him like crazy after being away from him for 6 days!

Aaron is coming down with Nana (Jason's mom) on May 12th. This will be their third day at Disney. I am not sure what park they will be in. But we plan on surprising Aaron sometime during the afternoon/evening. (another reason why we might get park hoppers in case he will not be at Epcot.)

Epcot is the park of choice for today as we finally got a DINNER reservation at Le Celliar!!!! We have tried so many times in the past to get a DINNER reservation here and they were always booked so we had to resort to lunch. It didn't disappoint, but we are so looking forward to dinner here.....we have an 8:20 pm ADR. We booked this ressie for 3 people, so in case we make any friends on the cruise that want to join us for dinner we most likely will be sitting at a 4 top and could accommodate.

We wake up at 7am and zoom out of our cabin! We want to go see our son Aaron!

Tracy told us that we can start lining up at 7:30am and as soon as the 1st bus is full it will go to WDW! So we get out to the bus area and who do we see....just Tracy and Bill! We are the first ones out to the buses! We really want to see Aaron!!

Karen snaps this pic of Jason and I waiting for the buses:

The bus ride back flew by! We sat in the back of the bus with Ann and her family! It was fun chatting up a storm with them!! Before we knew it we were back at the Dolphin! We took a cab ride over to Pop and were checked in by 10:30 AM.

Aaron and Nana are already in the Magic Kingdom:

In our room we are deciding what to do? We really don't want to spend 100 dollars to get a park hopper and we really want to see Aaron! So we could go see Aaron at MK and buy 100 dollar park hopper add on so we can make it for diner at Le Celliar. Or we could go to Epcot and see Aaron later by the pool. Or we could go to Magic Kingdom and see Aaron right away and not eat at Le Celliar and save the 100 for DATW! (Drinking around the world)

We decide on option number 3! We are surprising Aaron in the Magic Kingdom!!

We hop on a bus to the MK and we are off!

We had to stop for some Photopass pics first. Jason was giving Nana and I a hard time before the trip about getting as many Photopass pictures as possible, so I made us stop!

Jason calls Nana and they are having a Dole Whip! What a perfect spot to surprise Aaron!!! We head right over there! I spot Aaron in the stroller! Oh my goodness! I forgot how BIG he is!! I run up to him and at first he doesn't realize who we are. I am just bawling! I missed him soooo much! A week is too long to be apart from your child .

We head right over to it's a small world. I really like this ride and I knew how much Aaron enjoyed it on our last trip!
Waiting in the cue:

While on the ride Aaron got scared by the pink elephant and also by the masks in the Polynesian room. It could be the combination of the drums and the masks. By the end of the ride though, he was back singing away. When we were walking off the ride Aaron said, "Bye Bye" and waved to the ride, but as we were walking away he said, "Again, Again!"

...So what does any good parent do.....

When we get off this time he actually started to cry a little!

See the tear?

Here is a video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_G8Huw9ak

and we are back on the ride:

Now it is time for lunch at Colombia Harbor House! Jason finally gets his fix of Disney Chicken Nuggets! I guess the chicken they had on the cruise line isn't the same as Disney Chicken. He said it wasn't up to par. I don't know I am not the Disney Chicken connoisseur!
We added the DDP so we get our entree, large drink, and dessert. This is alot of food! Sorry, no pictures...I will be better next time .

We head upstairs to our spot.

And Aaron chows down!

At the time Aaron has an obsession with throwing things in the garbage can. (Once, I couldn't find my cell phone and I found it in the trash!) After our meal Aaron is going back and forth to the table and trash throwing our garbage away and having the best time doing it!

We head downstairs

(Aaron was just starting to get the hang of stairs)

and out to the restrooms
Aaron rests his head on the rock and says Cold!

We head over to Buzz. Aaron hadn't rode this ride yet, and he really liked it back in Sept of 08. This time not so much! The Buzz in the cue scares him and as we get closer to Buzz he is holding on to me like a monkey:

and the whole ride he was covering his face.

Next we head right over to the Carousel of Progress. Aaron is scared until about halfway through the show and then he relaxes and by the end he is clapping to the music! I think he remembered the show from September. He really enjoyed this one in September too!

We then head up to Main Street and a cast member is blowing bubbles outside Tony's. Aaron was having a blast popping them.

I think she got alot of enjoyment out of watching him and she gave him a long strip of stickers!

We head out to the bus stop so we can give Aaron his afternoon nap. On the way to Pop Aaron was pointing out all the exit signs. When we got back to Pop Aaron had to take a break on the silver bench and poke his fingers through the holes. (I guess this is what he has been doing every time he got off the bus)

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-27-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #154
natale1980

sometimes I cry when I get off it's a small world too! But for different reasons. I've too found myself going on that ride with my kids over and over again!!

-nat
Old 08-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #155
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Loved the video of Aaron - what a cutie! You have been having the best vacation ever - what a way to end your trip at WDW seeing your little one after being gone a week.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #156
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That pic of you and Aaron made me start to cry!!!! I would have been bawling as well, missing your baby so so much!!!

I love that you went on Small World so many times for Aaron, so cute! Him sticking his fingers in the holes of the benches is so something Henry would do too...aren't kids so funny? :
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #157
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
sometimes I cry when I get off it's a small world too! But for different reasons. I've too found myself going on that ride with my kids over and over again!!

-nat
Ha ha!! I think I get that song stuck in my head every day, still! Aaron demands that he watch the video at least once a day! But I don't mind too much, it was my all time fave ride when I was a kid and I drug my grandparents on it over and over and over again!! Like mother like son .

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Loved the video of Aaron - what a cutie! You have been having the best vacation ever - what a way to end your trip at WDW seeing your little one after being gone a week.
It sure is!! But I still have one whole week in Disney World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That pic of you and Aaron made me start to cry!!!! I would have been bawling as well, missing your baby so so much!!!

I love that you went on Small World so many times for Aaron, so cute! Him sticking his fingers in the holes of the benches is so something Henry would do too...aren't kids so funny? :
Awww, sorry that I made you cry . Just wait our count is only up to 3 total rides of it's a small world . Hey, Henry on this trip will be just about the same exact age as Aaron was on our last trip. Aaron was just one month older . I can't wait to read your TR!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #158
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Pop Food Court/ Here comes the rain!

Ok so we just got back to Pop and we head to our rooms, but I have missed Aaron so much that I go with Nana over to their room (Aaron is staying with Nana...I mean she did bring him and all). We had to pick up snacks, our order from Garden Grocer came.

Wow! Nana sure ordered some chips!! This means each one of us has to eat two bags of chips per day. I don't think this will be possible!

I played with Aaron while he was getting ready to take a nap we were watching Stacey and he was acting crazy! He was yelling at the ToT part when they all scream and during the American Idol part Aaron turns to me and says, "Popcorn!" (You can see how we get ready for American Idol.)

Aaron unwinding for his nap....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAV6Ntd9PPY

Aaron wakes up about an hour later and we head down to the Pop Century food court for dinner....(yes, we gave up Le Celliar dinner reservation for time with Aaron in the Pop food court)

Jason had a meatball sandwich that he didn't care for and I had Chili Cheese Fries. (I got these same fries in Sept of 08 and back then they were a snack credit, not any longer.) So I had his meatball sandwich too.

Aaron has an obsession with feeding people. Open up like this....

Relaxing... We didn't let him stay with his foot on the table, I just must have snapped this picture at the right time...

Back on the bus to the MK...

And the rain, rain, rain came down down down...it begins...

We headed to ride Pooh we had a fastpass from earlier, Aaron was terrified of this ride! I have no idea why?? It is strange how he loved this ride in September and now just a little over a half a year later be terrified! Children are funny!

After the ride we head over to Pooh's playful spot...we have the place to ourselves! I like to get pictures of Aaron here as he is growing up.

Tunnel, Tunnel...

Hmmm...what to do now...we really don't want to scare Aaron anymore, he was scared of Buzz (which he loved in Sept) and scared of Pooh (which he loved in Sept). What does he love still? You guessed it!

So we head over to id a doo dah! I need to find my video of Aaron singing it's a small world.
I love this picture!

We ride id a doo dah 3 more times, yes in a row!
I still have a hidden mickey to find in there! Does anyone know where the hidden mickey is in the South Pacific room?

The sun is starting to set...

The Dole Whip machine was broken earlier, so we head over to Aloha Isle for a refreshing treat, or shall I say...they head over to Aloha Isle for a refreshing treat. I don't like Pineapple floats! Can I still be a DISer?

Aaron even likes them! (Funny story: Aaron's 1st trip Sept 08, we let Aaron try a Pineapple Float fully expecting to make the funny sourish face, but instead he smacked his lips together and said ahhh! That was his first time he had ever done that after taking a drink of anything...I really think I am going to have to write a TR of that trip after this one!)

Gotta stop to get our picture taken in our family spot!

Wishes isn't until 10 and we are all wet and tired. (we were the 1st ones of the boat waiting for the buses, remember?) It is now 9 pm and we decide to not stay so we can get back to Pop before the huddled masses! We have a busy day tomorrow, it is Epcot, DATW and Jason's 34th Bday!

Back at Pop I give Aaron a bath, brush his teeth and read him a few bedtime stories. Man did that feel good! I do this for him every night and not doing it for the past week I really missed it.

Jason and I head to the Pop food court to get Jason some.....do I even have to say? DISNEY CHICKEN NUGGETS! LOL! Since he really didn't eat much of his meatball sandwich earlier, and being a great husband that he is he let his dessert be a Mickey Bar and guess who got to eat it?

Day 1 at Walt Disney World is at a close and it's a small world score: 7

Last edited by A.Mickey; 09-01-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #159
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

Jason and I head to the Pop food court to get Jason some.....do I even have to say? DISNEY CHICKEN NUGGETS! LOL!

I don't know why it is, but I really, REALLY like them! I don't really eat chicken nuggets outside WDW, too. The ones on the cruise were good, but not the same you can get on property.
It's kind of odd, I can crave Victoria and Albert's or the nuggets, talk about a swing in appetites
Old 09-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #160
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Epcot and Teppan Edo

Our Pre-Trip Plans:
We will probably do whatever we didn't do the first day in Epcot.....
and repeat some...(Soarin', Turtle Talk, Nemo Ride, Spaceship Earth)

I still have yet to see the new show in Canada, and I have never watched the films in China and France. I have a mission to finally see the candy lady too in Japan! And I definitely have to see Lonnie at AA Pavilion he is the best CM! And of course watch AA.

One of our Epcot days we are also going to be trying the Kim Possible mission. Sounds like a lot of fun! I love watching Amazing Race....so I will see if I can handle it on a much smaller scale. Ha ha..well maybe not.

We will be eating at 12:00 pm at Teppen Edo. We have yet to eat here....we almost ate here when it was the old place can't remember the name...but they were remodeling it, so we got VIP seating for Illuminations. Lots of people say it is very good so I am looking forward to trying this.....PLUS I have never had Hibachi style food before, like Beinihana.

At 5:30 we will be meeting up with podcasters for the drink around the world event! The last time they did this I guess it took them 5 hours So that will be the end of Day 2 at Disney World......

Today our park is Epcot and it is Jason's 34th birthday!

We get to the park it's around 9:20 and head right for Soarin' to get a fast pass. Then we head over to ride Nemo. Gotta get my picture taken with Pearl!

Here is my pic with her back on our honeymoon in 2006

We wanted to get the fast passes for Soarin' so we would be sure to have some. Now we head back up to the front of the park so Jason can get his Birthday fun card! We grab his fun card and Aaron and Nana aren't at the park yet so we get in line for Spaceship Earth.

Nana and Aaron are finally in the park so we head over to the Land Pavilion to meet them. Nana and I use the fast passes and ride Soarin' while Dada takes Aaron over to ride Nemo.

We all meet up to ride living with the land. Can you beleive there is a 20 minute wait for this! I never saw it this crowded! Aaron in the cue...

Aaron really enjoyed this ride and was pointing out all the corn and the tomatoes.

We split up Aaron and Nana go to eat at Sunshine Seasons and Jason and I have an ADR for Teppan Edo.

We were the 1st seating.

We used 2 table service credits on this meal...and I paid for the Sushi out of pocket with our $500 gift card.

I order the Sushi Sampler - Tuna, Yellowtail, and Shrimp with 2 pieces of California Roll. - $8.00

(not a fan of the raw fish pieces...I did eat it all though. I did really enjoy the green stuff...and the california rolls

Hidden Mickey

Nemo even made an appearance (one of the shrimp)
It was a really great show the chef put on!

Volcano!

Our noodles and vegetables....with my cheating chopsticks

I ordered:Asakusa - Sirloin steak and large shrimp with seasonal vegetables, Udon noodles, and steamed rice. - $29.00
Jason ordered: Nihonbashi - Sirloin steak and chicken breast with seasonal vegetables, Udon noodles, and steamed rice. - $28.00

Sorry no pictures of these....I forgot to take pictures and we were too busy eating!

Now it was dessert time and Jason gets to be embarrassed! He is finally wearing his Birthday button. Green Tea Pudding - Green tea pudding. - $5.50

YUM! This cake is awesome!!
Chocolate Ginger Cake - Chocolate ginger cake. - $5.50

I am sooo glad that I waited to eat at a Habachi style restaurant until Disney! I haven't yet ate at a Habachi style around here. But when I do, I am sure it won't be able to stack up against Disney . This was a fantastic time! We will definitely be going back again and again!

Jason's birthday hat is really cool! They drew Mickey Mouse on the back kinda Japanese style and they wrote Happy Birthday Jason on the side in Japanese!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 09-11-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #161
natale1980

That's awesome! I want one of those hats for Dexter! He would love it!!!
Tepen Edo is a 'MUST DO' on every Disney Vacation! Glad you had fun!

-nat
Old 09-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #162
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you got to experience Teppan Edo - my fav restaurant! I just love the DDP when you order a $30 dinner off the menu and don't have to bat an eye at the price

Loved the birthday boy's hat

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #163
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Jaime's Trip to Indy the drive down.

Ok...so I decided to post this here. Until I get back from Indy to continue with my TR. Jason and I currently in Indy and as some of you are probably aware Jaime is in WDW (can't wait for her next TR to begin)! I am sure she is having a grand time, but she is also having a grand time with mu-ah!

Flattie Jaime's adventures in Indy
I get up and say to myself...I am going to Indy!! I cannot wait to see all of my old friends and meet new ones!!

Jason and Shanan are still puttsin around their apartment packing things up. I decide to go drink my coffee.

I get dressed

Ok, so they finally have their bags packed! Ooohh I like the choice of bags

Aaron isn't here so I will sit in his seat for the ride.

Shanan decided that she wants to take us to her old stomping ground. So we drive down to Kankakee...I guess this is close to where the Chicago Bears have their summer camp. So we do a mall tour, come on everybody let's go to the mall.

Wow! This mall must have really been hurt by the recession...anybody wanna check out a book at the mall?

We stop for gas and are back on the road...now we are taking back roads to get from Kankakee to I-65
What do we see on the way there.....
lots and lots of
CORN!

Shanan and I goofing off...

Jason was so excited taking the previous pictures of me that he somehow lost the Ipod touch! This has all of our directions for the next two days! So we actually had to pull over and stop. Luckily Jason found it and it was all the way underneath the seat.

I got amusement out of that one!

Now we are on I-65 and we see a HUGE wind farm! I don't know if you can see them off in the distance, but that was pretty neat!

We stop in West Lafayette because Shanan was on the website Roadfood.com and found an interesting little place to go to.

I have to say this was a pretty awesome find!
http://www.triplexxxfamilyrestaurant.com/index.html

This rootbeer was delish! There is a whole history behind it here:http://www.triplexxxfamilyrestaurant.com/rootbeer.html

It uses only 100 percent unfrozen sirloin, ground on site and grilled with real cheese.

YUM!

This waitress was very fond of me. She asked me alot of questions and was wondering why I was 2-D. I had to let her know that while I am here in 2-D my friends (in 3-D) are at the World in 2-D. She thought that was really nifty and wanted to take a pic with me!

Jason decided that he wanted to go check out Perdue's campus.

Oh look! Round table discussion?

Tippecanoe Battlefield is near here so we decide to pay it a visit.

Shanan doesn't really care for this land (she felt it was sad that the Native Americans lost the midwest land here) Maybe we should take some more time to explore it next time. It was close to 4 by now and the D&B meet is at 7:30, we still have an hour more to drive!

We did want to stop in to see Prophetstown but it was six dollars are car and like I said it was getting late.

So we hopped back on the road on our way to Indy!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 09-04-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #164
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Arriving in Indy

So we make it to Indy a little before 5 and the hotel we booked was a Raddison but it must have been bought out because when we showed up it is a Four Points by Sheraton.

The room is really nice and spacious, it reminds us alot of the room at the Dolphin. Free internet and free bottles of water!

Gotta slip into my evening attire

Ohhh...we are ready to go to another mall before the D&B meet!

No one told me there would be a photo-op with Mickey here!

Hmmmm.....

I think they might herd cattle into this mall? I never saw doors this BIG before!

We had some more time to spare before the meet so we decide what better place to burn off some time then!

Jason made me wait in the car...I think Shanan was having to much fun taking pictures of me in the Disney Store.

7:15 time to meet some DISers for D&B

We were greeted by Aaron, Kim and Anna! And soon Shanan got her hug from Brandie! The rest of the gang congregated from the bar on over and hugs were received and given. Then we waited as our tables were getting set up! We had a private room!! At first they had the 6 tables set up all separated, but then they decided to move 3 of them (since that was all that was needed for our group) into an L shape. This worked out very well! Although, it is pretty hard to converse with 13 people at the same time!

Yum a ummy peachy drink.

Chicken dish.....forgot the name...too busy talking! Tonya ordered it, it sounded good so I followed!

Jason ordered the Teriyaki Steak

Now it was time to play some games!

We had to leave pretty quick, Jason had been up for 45 of the last 48 hours.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Old 09-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #165
natale1980

you are hilarious!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: