Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #766
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you minnie56. I am trying, but it is so hard. Every little thing makes me cry. I try to think of Ron being with me but he seems so far away. I still can't accept that he is gone. Maybe in time it will be easier. I know this sounds horrible, but sometimes I try not to think of him at all. If I don't think of him then the pain is easier. It doesn't work very often and not for very long. It's just one moment at a time. One hour at a time. One morning or afternoon at a time. I am so glad when it's time for bed. I made it through. I say goodnight to him. When I finally fall asleep I can't remember my dreams except for that one which I cherish.

My family and my DIS family helps me more than you can imagine. I can say things here that I can't even say to family. Thank you all.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #767
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Oh Angelrose you know what it is? I am like that with my Mum's passing..when I think about her I can sit and weep in a second..the tears just fall...so when she comes to mind--which is often--I almost say to myself 'No-I can't go there right now' because I know to this day I fall apart. We just have to keep the memories and thoughts tucked away until we can allow ourselves those times to let them just be. It is still early days..it is expected that there will still be times that your broken heart presents itself..it's part of the process. There will come a time, not all the times, that you will remember Ron or something he said or did and suddenly become aware that there is a smile on your face ..that kind of peace will come and settle upon you. Truly.
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #768
Mouse Maineac
Mouseketeer

My family sends you our prayers. Your dearest husband will live forever in your heart and in those you love.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #769
Banshee
Bip & Bop
I was named after a horse!
ENJOY LIFE!!! It is tooo short!!

Prayers for you to be strong your DH would want that. I have to share with you something my dad said when he was dying. "More then anything if I could have one last wish I would wish that your mother will go on and enjoy the rest of her life." He said I know thats asking a lot because I know how I would be if I lost her but I want her to be happy I want her to enjoy the things she always enjoyed I don't want her to worry or be sad I want her to be happy when she thinks of me. My parent's were married for 54 years when he passed. I know your precious husband would want the same thing for you. Please be strong I know it's hard but it's what he would want.
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jq1f09w9ej4yspj9.png[/img] Rest In Peace Daddy 11/14/36 to 7/27/06 We love you and will never forget you! Rest In Peace Mommy 7/1/1937 to 11/25/07 We know you missed daddy.....but WOW I MISS YOU!!

Last edited by Banshee; 08-26-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #770
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #771
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

That was a beautiful thought Banshee. I know my Ron would want me to be happy too. I just can't do that right now.

minnie56, that is exactly the way I felt. I'm hoping in time I will be able to enjoy the memory of our wonderful life together. We did have so many great times. So many laughs. So many huggies and kisses. So many "I love yous". I know I am truly blessed to have had him for almost 44 years.

Thanks for the hug Liberty Belle. And thanks for the prayers Mouse Maineac. I can see him in our Jesse. He does have Ron's stubborness. LOL
Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #772
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

You will see it, you will be able to remember all the good soon enough. It just takes a while. Right now it still feels like a ton of bricks on your chest, but each day a brick is removed even if you can't feel it yet.

Minnie56 - You are never butting in! Join in all the time please!!!

Mary, I'm sorry to hear about all those spots and the fact you can't swim. Reading about the spot that wouldn't stop bleeding made me hurt for you. Yes, you are bad for not going to the gyno for so long! Have you been seen yet or is your appointment coming up? Remember your health is VERY important.

Does your doctor think that by removing the spots that is all the treatment you need? One of my friends had to have a few spots removed and they did all hers at once. One place they removed on her back was about twice the size of a pencil eraser and they didn't stitch it or anything. When she wears some dresses you can see the scar and it still freaks me out that they didn't stitch it. I almost went to that doctor to have some moles checked but then I remember that and get scared of him.

Jesse sounds so adorable! Are you going to order him a cake or anything when you go to Disney? I'm thinking of ordering one for the boys, but haven't decided for certain yet.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #773
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Prayers for you to be strong your DH would want that. I have to share with you something my dad said when he was dying. "More then anything if I could have one last wish I would wish that your mother will go on and enjoy the rest of her life." He said I know thats asking a lot because I know how I would be if I lost her but I want her to be happy I want her to enjoy the things she always enjoyed I don't want her to worry or be sad I want her to be happy when she thinks of me. My parent's were married for 54 years when he passed. I know your precious husband would want the same thing for you. Please be strong I know it's hard but it's what he would want.
This was so beautiful, thank you for sharing. From everything AngelRose has said about her Ron I'm certain he feels the same way about her!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #774
Angelrose

It all depends on what the biopsy shows. If it is just basal cells, then just removing it will be all that's necessary. The spot has stopped oozing now. I keep some ointment on it and a bandaid. I got the two prescriptions and of course there was no generic for them. Cost $85! Just for two tubes of cream. DANG! I've put on the two coats today. So far I don't have any redness of anything. I'm just doing my chest first for a few days to see how it goes. Then I'll do my forehead. I'm going to Walmart and Kohls tomorrow to see if I can find a couple of button down blouses. All I have are tanks for the summer and if I start to look like raw meat, I don't want anyone else to have to look at it. The cream directions said to wash your hands thoroughly even if wearing gloves to apply it. EEEEK I did wear gloves. Not taking any chances on that.

I didn't get to make the appointment for the gyno yet. I will do it for sure next week. I don't want to take any chances on that either.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #775
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Hello ladies...

How was your day today?
I hope it was a good one..Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and am happy to stop by if you'll have me
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #776
Angelrose

Today wasn't too bad at all minnie56. And we'd all love to have you drop by anytime. I need all the help I can get.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #777
chell

**tapping my foot with a stern look on my face** My friend Karen gets this look and the tapping of the foot every single time she is supposed to make a doctors appointment and she hasn't yet. You better make that appointment Little Lady! (Imagine the Little Lady part in a John Wayne type voice.) Don't make me come up there!!! I will and I'll MAKE you go to the doctor too!

Wow, that must be some super strong cream! I hope it is a larger tube that some I've seen before. I had one tube of medicine one time that was about $30 for .25 ounce. It is sad what they charge for medicine.

Speaking of medicine prices. Do you ever get any meds at WalMart? Do you know about the $4 prescriptions? I absolutely HATE shopping at our WalMart. The store feels evil when you walk in there. I don't know why, but I honestly can't stand walking in this store. They don't have a drive up window for prescriptions either. Anyway, I get the meds there that are on this list. Well I get the 90 day supply for $10. We do have some other WalMarts a little ways away that I will shop at but I forget to go there for the meds. Keep that in mind for generic medicine. When I worked in a doctor's office I would tell patients about it if I knew they were on something that was on the $4 list. The doctor wouldn't have been happy to know I was printing out the list to give to the patients

Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #778
chell

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie56 View Post
Hello ladies...

How was your day today?
I hope it was a good one..Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and am happy to stop by if you'll have me
Hello! Please join in! Sorry I talk so much. Would you believe I'm really the shy one?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #779
minnie56
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Today wasn't too bad at all minnie56. And we'd all love to have you drop by anytime. I need all the help I can get.
Oh Angelrose..I am glad it was an okay day! That's always nice to know..
I was driving through New Jersey on our way home this weekend from moving our daughter into an apt and school in NYC. No idea what route we took...I switch between napping and singing and not shutting up Wonder if we passed nearby you? I think at one point we were in Genesee County? Familiar? If I even have that right!

Chell..you better not come here then..I too am pretty bad about Dr's appts that are out of the routine anyways! Beside procrastinator in the dictionary? MY picture

Only that way with me mind you..typical I think for a Mom?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #780
Angelrose

OH YES MA'AM! I will make the appointment next week. I promise! But I would love to have you come up here to say HI. LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: