Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #61
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndloewen View Post
Hugs Stacy,

Just happened to stumble across your thread today. I didn't even realize this part of the board even existed. I am so very sorry for your loss.

4 weeks ago today I lost my son too. He would have been 4 next month. He struggled with many health issues all his life, but his death was still so sudden and unexpected. He developed pneumonia and kidney failure. After an intense 2 day battle in PICU, Noah's brain was no longer functioning and we had to make the very painful decision to let him go. I feel your pain. To bury a child is just so very, very wrong. I struggle to make it through each day...and to somehow try to help my other kids through this all. But sometimes I can barely even breathe. It's so tough on our marriage too. Noah was my world. I hate that this is my new reality.

Stacy, you made it through 15 weeks. That gives me hope. For now all we can do is just take one day, one hour, one minute or even just one breath at a time, and we will make it through another day.
Oh my goodness.. I am so sorry for your loss Thank you for sharing your story with me..

It's very hard and we have good days and bad days and we do take it one hour at a time.. Some days I'm fine and then out of nowhere I'm crying my eyes out.

Tonight my husband says he is not all that thrilled we are going on our cruise in 2 weeks.. This is the 1st he has said anything to me.. I'm hoping he is just having a down day and I'll help try and perk him up

I Love You
pfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #62
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Look at you Stacy - giving words of wisdom to other people dealing with the same thing you are. I'm sure others will appreciate hearing your story that are going through it as well. You are strong!!!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #63
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Hi Dear Niece Stacy.
The best thing to do with DH is to talk and talk.
Uncle Bud's best friend lost his son at age 19 in a boating accident at LBI.
The Mom Charlene went into such a depression that she did not want to get out of bed. Her other kids 14, 12 and 6 had to fend for themselves for at least a year before she got help. Her husband was a dear, but he left for work at 6:30AM. We think about you and Andy and Damien every day.
Even the cruise next week for me will be a little weepy. Remember, I was with you and your family including Damien last September. We have great memories. Damien went from the chicken fingers kid to ordering snails for the appitizer. We all had a great smile over that.
Aunt Michele

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #64
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
Hi Dear Niece Stacy.
The best thing to do with DH is to talk and talk.
Uncle Bud's best friend lost his son at age 19 in a boating accident at LBI.
The Mom Charlene went into such a depression that she did not want to get out of bed. Her other kids 14, 12 and 6 had to fend for themselves for at least a year before she got help. Her husband was a dear, but he left for work at 6:30AM. We think about you and Andy and Damien every day.
Even the cruise next week for me will be a little weepy. Remember, I was with you and your family including Damien last September. We have great memories. Damien went from the chicken fingers kid to ordering snails for the appitizer. We all had a great smile over that.
Aunt Michele
He had snails AND chicken fingers and we had Palo's. He was so excited to have Palo's finally after waiting and waiting til he was 18

and yes, I was assuming it may bit a weepy for you as well. I'm so glad you have the Veggie Car races and Happy memories to hold on to with Damien

and Thank You... but, you know as much as me that Andy is a stubborn one, they all are.. But I do talk to him.. He just holds things back that I wish he didn't..

I Love You
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #65
IceSk8ersMom
DIS Veteran

Stacy, I am sailing with you in December 2010. I admire your strength and your courage. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I hope this Dis board gives you some comfort. I am sending you a cyber-hug
Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #66
shoes99
DIS Veteran

I have permission from my niece Stacy to post some pics from Damien's High School Graduation party/brunch.
Aunt Michele
Four generations of family:

Damien and his cousins:
shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #67
5 'LIL *TWINKERS*
The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God, is the heart of a mother.

Im so very sorry for your loss......prayers and hugs to you and your dh.

Life may change us, but we start and end with family.....
5 'LIL *TWINKERS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #68
pfishgirl

I Miss Him So Much........................

I Love You
Old 09-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #69
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
I Miss Him So Much........................

Old 09-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #70
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hold tight to every memory.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #71
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Just here to give a
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #72
DanceRC28
Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gracie and Chey. RIP Katie mommy will miss you always! <3

So sorry for your loss, sending my thoughts and prayers out to you and your family!

DanceRC28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #73
ibelieveinmagic
Mouseketeer

so sorry

oh sweetheart, i am so very very sorry! I'ts ok to cry as much as you need to- hugs to you!
ibelieveinmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #74
kathyseb
Dole Whips are the best

Stacey,
I have lost two nephews, both in their 20s. I know how my heart aches at not having them with us anymore, but to even begin to imagine what life is for my two sisters. There are bad days and good days.

Looks like you have a trip coming up.
Two years ago, I lost my mom on November 12. On the 27th that year we took off for WDW. The last place in the world I wanted to be.
The trip was like a blur to me. I did a lot of crying as we walked around the World. But also a lot of memoires flooded into my mind from the trip my mom took with DH and myself.

I set out to buy something from there that would remind me of my mom everytime I looked at it. I searched high and low for the right thing. I finally got a ornament of Minnie dressed like an angel holding a candle.

Sounds like at least your aunt and uncle are going with you. Take the time on the trip to celebrate your son's life. Relive your memories.

My heart goes out to you. Take each day one step at a time.

Jason 9-21-81 to 3-21-05 You are forever in our hearts

Nathan 2-17-80 to 6-23-02 Lost but never forgotten

Thanks to Dan Murphy for my Donor Awareness & Alzheimer Ribbons
kathyseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #75
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyseb View Post
Stacey,
I have lost two nephews, both in their 20s. I know how my heart aches at not having them with us anymore, but to even begin to imagine what life is for my two sisters. There are bad days and good days.

Looks like you have a trip coming up.
Two years ago, I lost my mom on November 12. On the 27th that year we took off for WDW. The last place in the world I wanted to be.
The trip was like a blur to me. I did a lot of crying as we walked around the World. But also a lot of memoires flooded into my mind from the trip my mom took with DH and myself.

I set out to buy something from there that would remind me of my mom everytime I looked at it. I searched high and low for the right thing. I finally got a ornament of Minnie dressed like an angel holding a candle.

Sounds like at least your aunt and uncle are going with you. Take the time on the trip to celebrate your son's life. Relive your memories.

My heart goes out to you. Take each day one step at a time.
Thank You for your thoughts and sharing your story..

We are going with friends of ours and Their family.. Aunt Michele won't be with us this time. But she was with us last year when our son was with us as well.

I Love You

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: