Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #601
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe how empty DHS was on the 4th of July!!! Apparently that is the park to go to instead of MK or Epcot!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #602
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 14 continued!

Eric and I enjoyed our meals!

After we ate we went back out to the Streets of America and again it was DESERTED!!

We then decide it was time to go...

This was the times board, look at the wait times!!

Remember, this was about 12:15 on the 4th of July, I was SHOCKED!!

We stopped for soem Photopass pictures and they are some of my favorites of the entire trip!!

Bryan and Matthew had walked into Epcot for lunch that day and here are some of their photopass pictures...

Eric and I took a few more pictures on our way out of DHS!

We walked to the Boardwalk! Lesley had text me the day before to check in our lobby gift shop because they had sent something over for the boys! So we went to the giftshop when we got back to pick up our gifts and the R2 D2!

Eric being silly!

Lesley and Tim and the kids had bought the boys each a pin and they were SO EXCITED!!! It was SO GENEROUS of them to do that! (Thanks again guys!)

Eric with his!

Matthew with his!

The prized R2 D2!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #603
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is a good MGM day so far. I really enjoyed AI too. What a fun morning you two had.

So what is up with your job-- I could use a week more of summer, enjoy!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #604
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 14 continued!

Bryan's birthday was the next day on the 5th but we wanted to give him his presents on this day because #1 one of them was patriotic and #2 I didn't want to have to pack them the next morning!

Here he is opening them!

This next gift was funny! It was wrapped in this cardboard stuff and he kept acting like the cardboard was the gift and saying thank you and how nice it was and the boys were getting SO FRUSTRATED with him trying to explain that it wasn't the gift! TOO FUNNY!!

the real gift!

After soem relaxing and gift opening, it was time to shower and get ready for our dinner at Spoodles! Our plan was to meet up with Lesley and Tim afterwards to swim and watch fireworks! As we were getting ready I noticed on Lesley's facebook status that they were trying for ESPN instead of Spoodles so I text her about it and they asked us to join them so we hurried and got ready and went over to try and get in line when we knew they were pulling into the Boardwalk bus stop!

Getting in was NO PROBLEM!! We had LOTS of fun!

Once again Tim and Lesley showered us in generosity as they gave Bryan a birthday gift too!!

Some fun dinner pictures!

Matthew finally got to meet Flat Tyson and Flat Shae and wanted to pose with them!

Manly men eating wings!

Tim and Lesley VERY focused on something!

After dinner we all walked back to the Boardwalk and went up to our room so the kids could all change into their swimsuits!

Then we all went down to the pool and the kids had a BLAST swimming!

Eric on the slide...

Lauren posing EVEN on the slide!

Luke's turn!

Then Matthew!

Some more pool fun!

After awhile we decide we better have the kids change and head out to the Boardwalk in time for the fireworks!!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #605
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 14 the end!

So once we all changed we made our way outside and there was a PARTY GOING ON!! There was a DJ and the kids had fun dancing!

I had brought ALOT of glow stick stuff so the kids had fun putting that on and playing!!

Lauren is holding a stuffed dog that Matthew had won the night before and gave to her, he thought she would like it more than he did, turns out she LOVES it and I was SO proud of him!!

At this point it was getting late and I had a TERRIBLE headache and Luke started to feel pretty yucky so we had to end our fun a little short and Tim and lesley went back to SSR and we went up to our room and watched the fireworks from up there on the balcony!

The pictures do not do it justice, they were AMAZING!!

We were all SO TIRED and quickly went to sleep! Tommorrow it was time to go home!!! We had an AMAZING day with our friends and low crowds at DHS!

Coming up!

Happy Birthday!

Who is it?

Goodbye!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #606
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a fun day! It would be so nice to meet up with friends throughout the trip. It is nice to have the kids entertained by others sometimes.

The fireworks looked amazing! Your trip has been amazing!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #607
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

what a great update

I can not believe how deserted DHS. That must have been awesome

That is so nice you and bryan both got to spend one on one time with the boys....they must really enjoy that

How fun that you and Lesley family got to hang out again that night.

What a sweet boy Matthew is giving the dog to Lauren

so sad that your TR is almost over. It really has been so much fun reading

I am hoping you do a TR for your November trip
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #608
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

ok, I'm all caught up after our trip. Looks like you had such a great time. Who would have believed HS could be so quiet on July 4? Good thing you decided to go! Way to go to talk to a manager for R2D2, I probably would have skulked away consoling my crying daughters. Just goes to show you there's never any harm in asking, all they can say is no, or yes in your case! Hope you had fun in Aruba. Can't believe your trip is coming to a close, makes me sad just thinking about it. Sure looks like you had a great time though and really enjoyed yourselves

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #609
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Wow I'm shocked at the low crowds. I love the idea of one on one time with your kids. Those always make special memories. I'm so jealous ya'll got into ESPN. We waited forever on our New Years trip and finally gave up and went to DTD. Your 4th celebration looks great. How nice to have friends to share it with.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #610
DisBride2009
Dog The Bounty Hunter Fan

Hey

Hey,
Great report. Wow 15 days was a long time . At least you had a great time (besides the heat, rain, and occasionally crowds). When you took pics of DHS on the 4th of July.....I was shocked to see the crowd level. (I think its because they mostly head to either the MK or EPCOT). Great photos and great Photopass pics. Im sorry Eric got sick one night. ****Important: the following sentences is not for those who have weak stomachs**** I had kinda the same problem. I woke up at like 2 a.m with a stomach ache....then decided to take a hot bath then.....puked all over the bathroom floor and tub (Yea pretty disgusting since I was in there the same time) I jumped out of the tub and dryed off. My mom cleaned it out then I sat on the bed a few min later I tried to get to the toilet but then I puked on the carpet and a little on my mothers bed. Later I felt better (at least it was the morning we were leaving Disney) I know I got to much in detail but thats how it happend. So Eric isn't the only one who had that problem. Anyways.....You have a great husband and wonderful kids. Hope to hear more soon

!!!!KEEP ON POSTING DISER :-)!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #611
DisBride2009
Dog The Bounty Hunter Fan

Hey

Hey,
Great report. Wow 15 days was a long time . At least you had a great time (besides the heat, rain, and occasionally crowds). When you took pics of DHS on the 4th of July.....I was shocked to see the crowd level. (I think its because they mostly head to either the MK or EPCOT). Great photos and great Photopass pics. Im sorry Eric got sick one night. ****Important: the following sentences is not for those who have weak stomachs**** I had kinda the same problem. This was at ASMo---I woke up at like 2 a.m with a stomach ache....then decided to take a hot bath then.....puked all over the bathroom floor and tub (Yea pretty disgusting since I was in there the same time) I jumped out of the tub and dryed off. My mom cleaned it out then I sat on the bed a few min later I tried to get to the toilet but then I puked on the carpet and a little on my mothers bed. Later I felt better (at least it was the morning we were leaving Disney) I know I got to much in detail but thats how it happend. So Eric isn't the only one who had that problem. Anyways.....You have a great husband and wonderful kids. Hope to hear more soon

!!!!KEEP ON POSTING DISER :-)!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #612
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

DHS just looks so peaceful and empty! I love it!

That picture of Eric and Mickey on the sidewalk is too cute!!!

Looks like you had an absolute blast celebrating the Fourth with Tim, Lesley, and the gang!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #613
jojo0612
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report and so sad it's coming to an end!

I can only imagine what memories you and your boys will have of the 4th watching fireworks from your room. Just awesome.

Can't wait till your next TR!
Me DH DS (12) DD (9) Sammy our rescued dog/1994 18 and fancy free - trip with friends - offsite 9/2007 First Family Trip - POR 9/2008 Going back for seconds with free Dining - POR Sept 09 Bounceback at POP 9/11 Free dining at Saratoga Springs

Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #614
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Great installment!!! Loved the slide pics. Those were too cute!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #615
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a truly great trip you had! Loved the Photopass pics

I'm not sure if I picked up on this but was this your first stay at BWV? Don't you just love the boardwalk view? We lucked into staying in a 1-bedroom BW view last December and loved sitting out on the balcony. We had the small balcony too. I requested upper floor, large balcony & close to elevator and what I got first was room 2001 way down by Jellyrolls so I asked to be moved the next morning (I was wearing a footbrace and hoped to be closer to the elevator plus the noise from people standing outside Jellyrolls at 2 a.m.). They moved us to a third floor room between Screendoor and Thimbles & Threads and loved the closeness to the elevator plus the view.

The boat ride you guys took looks like so much fun! Isn't it neat to cruise down to DHS? I'm sad your TR is almost over - it has been so much fun joining you on this trip!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: