Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #151
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Oh my gosh Lisa, what a tragedy to witness on your trip down. Years and years ago (1969 to be exact) my family drove to Florida from Texas and witnessed the aftermath of a fatal accident. I was only four years old but I can still remember all these years later. I am so glad Hunter didn't see the extent of that accident. Thank God you guys were all safe and avoided the collision.

Okay on to happier things. I am loving your report. I think the guy at McDonald's in Vicksburg was working at the McDonald's here in Colorado that dd and I went to a couple of weeks ago!

I love the pictures and love Lacey's cartwheels. We don't have that brand of hotel out here, they look nice!

Can't wait to read more and nobody deserves an upgrade more than you so that is awesome you got it!

Old 08-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #152
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontasgal87 View Post
LOL UR SILLY
I'm afraid I am.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #153
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
DITTO on the awesome parent part!

WL has a beach, but it doesn't really have that "beachy" feeling, if that makes sense. Still love WL, though! I'm liking the looks of CBR, though, I'll admit it...
yaaa i see what ur saying,i love the theme of CBR, it looks sooo kool,tho i want to stay at WL tooo!!!! gahhhhh so many goood choices, lol, but im hoping like my dad saids, we stay at AKL in May, that place is in my top 5!!

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Carrinbean Beach Resort!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #154
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Because you are an amazing person you made an amazing mother. Congrats.

Daughter Sandi and I are figuring out ways to surprise Sheri next Tuesday on our trip to Kansas City for her BD. Sheri is already complaining to me that she invited Sandi and she couldn't come. Couldn't come for mine, now can't come for hers. Too funny
You're so sweet!

Don't you just love planning surprises! I love 'em. We once surprised my mother with a surprise 70th birthday party. I took her shopping while my sisters turned my house into a birthday fest. We had over 100 people show up.

Quote:
Hi! me subbing, i love reading trip reports, urs seeem very interesting:D After reading about the accident, made me teary eye, i hate when bad things happen Glad u guys felt better and enjoy the thought u r going to disney!

Cannot wait to read more, i have popcorn in hand lol
Thanks for joining us. I love reading trip reports too. They keep me sane.

Quote:
Lisa, I can't resist. Does John know Pocahontasgal87? Hope that all went well for him this trip.
Quote:
Pocahontas gal87: I couldn't resist my statement to Lisa. I hope I wasn't offensive to you in any way.

Did you like CSR? We did.
Pocahontasgall87: I can't remember if you read my last report but John grabbed Pocahontas on her hind end without thinking. That's what Ginny is referring to.

Quote:
lol ohhh not at all! CSR WAS AWESOME AND VERY BEAUTIFUL! i would love to stay there again, we might stay at AK Lodge in May, our first deluxe resort!!!!!!!! woooopie!!!!
We are still pondering where to stay in 2010. Have you done a trip report? If so, give me the link, I'd like to read it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #155
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Great reveal!!!! and how wonderful that everyone in the family had a surprise witht he resort...Hunter's favoirte place in all of WDW , Lacey's bike w/ the bell , and a FREE upgrade!!!! how awesome!!!!

so far so great!!!
have a great one!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #156
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
How rude of your boss to interrupt your DISsing and you can tell him I said so!

What a great update - LOVED the reveal!!! Seeing your childrens' excitement and pure joy is such a privilege to witness and share, thank you for sharing with us

What a lovely resort! We booked that initially, then changed to ASMu (yeah, we're cheap LOL). Maybe next time if I can convince my dh that it's OK to go somewhere for the third time

I am going to do the online check-in - just love the idea of our folder possibly being ready when we check in (we should be there by about 10-10:30am).

Woooohoooo for an awesome free upgrade!!! Now, THAT is a great way to start a WDW vacation!!
I'll pass that message along right now.

My kids were very excited to see the CBR again. Lacey loved it even more the further we got into the trip. She'd go down to the courtyard or the beach every night and call her Mission friends.

Maybe Disney will put a really good promo and you can convince your hubby to stay at the CBR. It's a beautiful resort.

Online check-in was fantastic and super fast.

Quote:
I am so glad. Sometimes I have been known to just blurt stuff out and think later. We did love CSR. We were in Cabanas 8B. So close to the dig site. The boys loved it. We loved the quietness of it all. I think if I were lucky to do deluxe I would do Poly or Beach Club. Couldn't do the Boardwalk due to the clowns.
I do the same thing. I say it then think...ummmm, maybe I shouldn't have.

Quote:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i wanna stay at a resort with a beach! (attempts to jump in picture!) owwwwww lol, thats an awesome surprise for ur kids, u guys r AWESOME PARENTS!
The beach and the hammocks are two of the things that keep drawing us back to the CBR. There's nothing like swinging in a hammock and just watching the clouds roll by.

Thanks fo rhte "awesome parent" remark.

Quote:
LOL UR SILLY
Isn't she though!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #157
hhockman
DIS Veteran

I love Hunter's reaction! I hope I get one just as good! I feel like I have to keep the camcorder on just in case the whole time once we get into Florida. The good thing is, Will is still pretty naive. If we pass a sign and he says "Are we going to Disney World?" and we say "Of course not." he'll leave it at that. So we should be able to surprise them.

Lisa, we are staying at POR. I'll be sure to get lots of pictures just for you (as if I wouldn't take a million!) I'm trying to decide whether to request Alligator Bayou. I think I'd like it better. I'm pretty sure we've stayed on both sides in the past, but it's been a LONG time. We were guaranteed AB when Cole was coming, but now it could go either way. I think I'm going to request it (and I'm deviously thinking of requesting the Mansions for my mom. I just think she would like them better.)

Can't wait to see your room!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #158
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DITTO on the awesome parent part!

WL has a beach, but it doesn't really have that "beachy" feeling, if that makes sense. Still love WL, though! I'm liking the looks of CBR, though, I'll admit it...
Ya'll are going to make me blush.

We've visited the WL twice and we just can't make ourselves fall in love with it. It's pretty and it's certainly in the deluxe category but we weren't awestruck. I think it's because we live in a log house. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Oh my gosh Lisa, what a tragedy to witness on your trip down. Years and years ago (1969 to be exact) my family drove to Florida from Texas and witnessed the aftermath of a fatal accident. I was only four years old but I can still remember all these years later. I am so glad Hunter didn't see the extent of that accident. Thank God you guys were all safe and avoided the collision.

Okay on to happier things. I am loving your report. I think the guy at McDonald's in Vicksburg was working at the McDonald's here in Colorado that dd and I went to a couple of weeks ago!

I love the pictures and love Lacey's cartwheels. We don't have that brand of hotel out here, they look nice!

Can't wait to read more and nobody deserves an upgrade more than you so that is awesome you got it!
Isn't it hard to put something so tragic behind you. It's just horrible. I do say a thank you prayer every day for it not being us who got hurt.

Shontrell just couldn't get our order right no matter how slowly I placed the order. That's why we made sure we double checked the order before we left. Poor Shontrell, I have a feelling that the girl working the second window gave him heck after we left. Heck, she gave him heck while we were still at the window.

Lacey does not do a perfect cartwheel by any means but we were just having fun. Jameson Inns are really nice hotels. They are always in a good location and we haven't found one that's not super clean yet. We have them in Louisiana.

We were happy to receive the upgrade. I didn't have any idea that our building would be so close to Old Port Royale. It was just a short walk there.

Quote:
yaaa i see what ur saying,i love the theme of CBR, it looks sooo kool,tho i want to stay at WL tooo!!!! gahhhhh so many goood choices, lol, but im hoping like my dad saids, we stay at AKL in May, that place is in my top 5!!
The CBR is a beautiful resort. We fell in love with it on our first trip and couldn't make ourselves want to stay anywhere else.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #159
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
WL is the perfect place for the fall and winter, it just feels all cozy and home-like. I ADORE IT! I stayed there in the spring, too, and it was just as nice, but when we went at the end of November, they had all of their Christmas stuff up and it felt so FESTIVE!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #160
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're so sweet!

Don't you just love planning surprises! I love 'em. We once surprised my mother with a surprise 70th birthday party. I took her shopping while my sisters turned my house into a birthday fest. We had over 100 people show up.

Thanks for joining us. I love reading trip reports too. They keep me sane.

Pocahontasgall87: I can't remember if you read my last report but John grabbed Pocahontas on her hind end without thinking. That's what Ginny is referring to.

We are still pondering where to stay in 2010. Have you done a trip report? If so, give me the link, I'd like to read it.

THANKS FOR HAVING ME!!! I FEEL SOOO HONOUR TO BE IN A GROUP WITH PPL WHO LOVE DISNEY AS MUCH AS I DO, u must be very lucky, ur ther first trip report i i subb in for a long time, lol

does john love Pocahontas b/c his name after john smith!?! lol well he should check out my NEW TATTOO I GOT last monday

:D i cant wait to show it to pocahontas next time im there!!! lol

I love hammocks, i should buy one!!

I see that u sub into my trip report im writing bout my last sept trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2265827
woooooooooooooooop!!!!! i was litterly jumping on my bed........ooookk maybe not but i had a smileon my face when u first comment, lmao

Ok enough of my blabbering, i cant wait to read moreeeee, and see more pics of ur beautiful fam:D

oh and Ginny, I am gonna read ur report too!!!, teehee, I saw the beggining part and u have a big fam and very cute one:D

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)

Old 08-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #161
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I love Shontrell

If that can't put you in a fun mood, then nothing can.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Great reveal!!!! and how wonderful that everyone in the family had a surprise witht he resort...Hunter's favoirte place in all of WDW , Lacey's bike w/ the bell , and a FREE upgrade!!!! how awesome!!!!

so far so great!!!
have a great one!!
I mentioned to Hunter that we'd probably stay somewhere else next year. His reaction? "Why in the world would we do that?" Every time I look at our vacation pictures, I start to ask myself that same question. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking of booking a pirate room at the CBR. We'd have something different but still be at the CBR. I hate making decisions.

Just wait until I post the day that we stick around the CBR and rent a surrey bike. Lacey and her bell! It's hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
I love Hunter's reaction! I hope I get one just as good! I feel like I have to keep the camcorder on just in case the whole time once we get into Florida. The good thing is, Will is still pretty naive. If we pass a sign and he says "Are we going to Disney World?" and we say "Of course not." he'll leave it at that. So we should be able to surprise them.

Lisa, we are staying at POR. I'll be sure to get lots of pictures just for you (as if I wouldn't take a million!) I'm trying to decide whether to request Alligator Bayou. I think I'd like it better. I'm pretty sure we've stayed on both sides in the past, but it's been a LONG time. We were guaranteed AB when Cole was coming, but now it could go either way. I think I'm going to request it (and I'm deviously thinking of requesting the Mansions for my mom. I just think she would like them better.)

Can't wait to see your room!
Every time Hunter asked if we could go to Disney World, we'd tell him it was too far and too much money. Thank goodness, we had the PSP and portable DVD player in the car. Otherwise, I think he'd have been pestering us to death.

Make sure that your camcorder batteries are all charged up and ready to go. I bet I checked our's a dozen times.

The only thing that I'm afraid of if we book Port Orleans is that it will look too much like Louisiana and I won't enjoy it. It has me a bit worried.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #163
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Great update! Glad the big reveal went as well as it did. Looking forward to more and hopefully that pesky boss won't interrupt you anymore!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #164
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WL is the perfect place for the fall and winter, it just feels all cozy and home-like. I ADORE IT! I stayed there in the spring, too, and it was just as nice, but when we went at the end of November, they had all of their Christmas stuff up and it felt so FESTIVE!
Now, I could probably get into the WL if it was all fixed up for Christmas. I'd love any Disney resort during Christmas!

Quote:
THANKS FOR HAVING ME!!! I FEEL SOOO HONOUR TO BE IN A GROUP WITH PPL WHO LOVE DISNEY AS MUCH AS I DO, u must be very lucky, ur ther first trip report i i subb in for a long time, lol

does john love Pocahontas b/c his name after john smith!?! lol well he should check out my NEW TATTOO I GOT last monday

:D i cant wait to show it to pocahontas next time im there!!! lol

I love hammocks, i should buy one!!

I see that u sub into my trip report im writing bout my last sept trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2265827
woooooooooooooooop!!!!! i was litterly jumping on my bed........ooookk maybe not but i had a smileon my face when u first comment, lmao

Ok enough of my blabbering, i cant wait to read moreeeee, and see more pics of ur beautiful fam:D

oh and Ginny, I am gonna read ur report too!!!, teehee, I saw the beggining part and u have a big fam and very cute one:D
What a cool tattoo! John and I are talking about buying a hammock to take with us when we go camping. We see a lot of people with them and it makes us jealous.

Quote:
I love Shontrell

We laughed about Shontrell all vacation long. From out of nowhere, we'd say "Shontrell you a beep!".

Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #165
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

Quote:
I love Shontrell

what kind of name is Shontrell?? lol i never heard of that name be4,lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: