Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #106
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Oooh the Arch, the Arch! I am SOOOO hoping that my kids really don't realize until that point!

What a welcome sight after what you just went through.

Can't wait to hear their reactions!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #107
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add my for what you witnessed. We came upon an accident on our Disney trip last year. Thank the Lord above (And I was doing just that!) that nobody was injured.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #108
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I am so glad I found your new report . I have been MIA for the past few days. I hate to hear about the wreck. I am always so stressed about the drive down and back home, that is the one thing I dread soooooo much.

I am, again, loving your TR . I am 33 days and 11 hours out . This will be our first long trip without, at least, one of the big kids. We have taken the shorter trips without them so this will also be an adventure for me.

Looking forward to the next post .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #109
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

I am so sorry that you guys had to witness such a horrific tragedy.

That aside, it seems like your trip is off to a good start. I am looking forward to reading more.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #110
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa, I was missing this afternoon. I just read your last two reports. How sad for that family and for you guys to witness it. I am glad Hunter did not see. There are some things you just want to protect your children from. Hugs to your family for having to witness that incident. The world continues to spin and all you can do is what you did. Pray for that family and be sorrowful. Then pick yourself up because there is nothing more you could do.

I so love that arch. I can't wait till Hunter and Lacey find out about the resort change. You are very close.

I see Jay has signed in. I can see where you two would get along. She is very detail oriented.

Have a great evening.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #111
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Cartwheels!!!
you and your family has been truly been blessed with one another...
I love the games and the fart sound machine too funny...

Lisa, I am so sorry that ya'll had to see such a terrible tragedy! I am so happy that ya'll were able to keep Hunter occupied from the whole situation. and HE protected ya'll from the situations!! If you remember I made the comment on my report I hate interstate travel; well, that is why, one of my greatest fears. But, mine has more to do with trucks that have tire shreds.

We do not have one of those 20 question games but we have all played they are so much fun. Every year for Christmas I say I'm going to get them as stocking stuffers think I will have to get at least one this year!!!

I'm got so excited when I seen the signs you would think I was in the car with ya'll (well in spirit, right). I can't wait to start planning our next one!!! Looking forward to more... and how Hunter & Lacey reacted with the resort surprise!!!!

have a great day , tomorrow!!!!
P.S. you should get your envelope around Tue or Wed!!! and Ashton says "Thank you so very much!!!"

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 08-23-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #112
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Great report! I'm so sorry you had such a scary thing happen on your trip! I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about that kind of thing as we're driving instead of flying next year to save some $$$ (five people just get too expensive to ticket!).

We're staying at CBR next June, so I'm excited to see more of your pictures (I have already checked many of them out on the CBR pictures thread)! Can't wait for more!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #113
Cynthiagayle01
Mouseketeer

Lisa,
I'm so glad you and your family are alright after that horrible tragedy. Mom's always quite worried about that kind of thing when we travel. My prayers are with that family. But I hope you were able to have some fun at disney anyway. I can't wait to read more.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #114
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Great Update Lisa! So sorry that you & your family had to see such a horrible accident. (((HUGS))) Hope you were able to put it behind you & have some fun in Disney!!!! Can't wait to hear about the reveal!!! However, I prob will have some catching up to do later in the week since I'm leaving for vacation in NC tomorrow morning!! Won't be back till Thursday. Have a great week!

BTW, today we washed the car before our road trip!!! I thought you would appreciate that!

Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #115
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Ohhh the reveal! I can hardly wait!!! There is going to be another "pee-my-pants" moment - I can feel it!

Kudos to Lacey for keeping Hunter occupied as you drove by the accident. Hugs all around!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #116
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip even though you aren't coming to see me.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #117
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I don't know how I get so far behind, but I always do! 7 pages to read!!!
The report is goinggreat. Sorry about witnessing the accident. I wittnessed two accidents and in one the guy was alive at the scene, but I knew he wouldn't be much good if he lived. I heard later on the news he didn;t make it. the other one, I just saw, and I was not in my home town. I was wokring driving a delivery van and I can't remember if I ever heard the outcome on that one.
My older kids used to have a 20 question game too. I could never figure out how that dang thing could figure out what we were thinking! LOL!
Yay! you are there. Take your time posting...LOL! I am so behind on all my readings.

On a side note, I did find two great and legitimate ways to make some cash online. Not great money, but I have made about $300 in a months time. It can be time consuming though. But I want to pay off some stuff and then eventually save some!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:24 AM   #118
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

So sorry to hear about the horrific accident that you witnessed. At least Hunter didn't have to see it.
Love seeing all of the WDW signs, reminds me that I should take more pictures of them on the next trip.
Can't wait to hear all about the big reveal!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #119
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

What an awful thing to witness. I'm so sorry to hear that! I would have been so shaken up and unable to drive!!!

Love the pictures on world drive. I always wanted to get pictures of those but I live in CT...the drive would just kill me, all down 95 (aka the worst highway...)..

Can't wait to hear more about your stay!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #120
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Sorry you had to see that accident- that is a traumatic thing to witness.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: