Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #166
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Me neither. They need a good bit of magic to get any of it ready by then.
too bad Magic is Disney's business eh? ( JUST KIDDING!! Really!... I like both parks.... don't hurt me... )
Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #167
SNylund
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if HP will feature a boat ride? Maybe like the boat that went through the bank to get Harry's cash in the first movie/book? There would be tell tell signs of trenches with a steel track that would give this away, if they were constructing a boat ride. I would say if there is nothing like this by now, there is not going to be a boat ride, but just a guess. Thanks for the inside info if anyone has any.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #168
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

subscriping-planning on going dec 2010, but if it opens next april i bet we might have to make an emergency trip to Florida!

Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #169
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNylund View Post
Does anyone know if HP will feature a boat ride? Maybe like the boat that went through the bank to get Harry's cash in the first movie/book? There would be tell tell signs of trenches with a steel track that would give this away, if they were constructing a boat ride. I would say if there is nothing like this by now, there is not going to be a boat ride, but just a guess. Thanks for the inside info if anyone has any.
No one really knows what is going to be in HP Land...Universal isn't saying anything about the possible attractions. We'll all have to wait and see.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #170
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
too bad Magic is Disney's business eh? ( JUST KIDDING!! Really!... I like both parks.... don't hurt me... )
I was thinking more in the terms of Harry Potter magic. That's got to be more powerful, doncha think? I mean, he took out Voldemort and really all Disney's got is a little bit of bibbity bobbity boo!!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #171
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNylund View Post
Actually it was a cart, not a boat that went through Gringotts. I do agree that sequence would make a great dark coaster- that is if I liked coasters. My kids would love it though!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #172
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for HP Island to open

We will make our first trip to Universal property for this purpose

Need to start researching the "other side". I would imagine we should stay onsite. We are definitely not into coasters or simulators so I'm not sure how long to plan to stay on Universal property
Old 08-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #173
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Need to start researching the "other side". I would imagine we should stay onsite. We are definitely not into coasters or simulators so I'm not sure how long to plan to stay on Universal property
One night onsite will get you two days of unlimited Express access...just something to think about.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #174
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel

Fog and robots to be part of Universal's Harry Potter world?

Universal Orlando has filed another couple of interesting construction notices tied to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

One is for a Finnish company, FogScreen Inc., to provide fog special effects. As the name suggests, the company specializes in creating nebulous, walk-through fog banks -- made out of ultrasonic waves and tap water -- on which images and videos can be projected. (Think the Davy Jones effect near the beginning of Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean ride.)

The second is an updated notice for work from Orlando-based theme-park-design company Austin 2 Paris Inc. The notice says the work is for "automata" -- the plural of automaton, which is a type of robot.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #175
The COH
Earning My Ears

^
that sounds interesting. The only thing i could picture fog for is voldemort and the death eaters.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #176
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pacho View Post
One is for a Finnish company, FogScreen Inc., to provide fog special effects. As the name suggests, the company specializes in creating nebulous, walk-through fog banks -- made out of ultrasonic waves and tap water -- on which images and videos can be projected. (Think the Davy Jones effect near the beginning of Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean ride.)
If this works well, I can definately see Universal trying this at HHN one year and it would be GREAT!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #177
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The COH View Post
^
that sounds interesting. The only thing i could picture fog for is voldemort and the death eaters.
maybe dementors?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #178
ma2jr
DIS Veteran

I can't wait.. I bet it will be something to see.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #179
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
If this works well, I can definately see Universal trying this at HHN one year and it would be GREAT!
That would be too kewl-if only tho!!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #180
The COH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
maybe dementors?
Oh yeah that would work too!
How could i forget about the dementors? Especially since i watched Prisoner of Azkaban today.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: