Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #61
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmkenn0 View Post
I LOVED your trip report. I have been thinking about an ABD trip for my family in 2011 and really wanted some of those "spoiler" details to help me decide if it is really worth the $- this has definitely helped my research! We are thinking Alaska in 2011 with our then 6 year old and will be choosing between ABD and a cruisetour on Royal Caribbean so thanks!
Glad I could help. We were very pleased with the vacation as you could tell. If you have any other questions just ask!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #62
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Wonderful trip report! I loved following your adventures, and your pictures were wonderful. If those were taken with your "spare" camera, I can't imagine what the ones with your Canon would have looked like! (Sorry! Not meaning to rub it in. Just your pics are great!)

Don't forget to post a link to this in the Sticky!!!!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #63
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

It was nice reliving my 2007 ABD Wyoming trip by reading your report.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #64
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Wonderful trip report! I loved following your adventures, and your pictures were wonderful. If those were taken with your "spare" camera, I can't imagine what the ones with your Canon would have looked like! (Sorry! Not meaning to rub it in. Just your pics are great!)

Don't forget to post a link to this in the Sticky!!!!

Sayhello
Thanks Sayhello! I was at a wedding tonight and missed my Canon there too. I was so lucky to have my spare with me in Wyoming. I now have an extra battery for that one too. "Don't leave home without it". Counting the days till your trip. Isn't it the first part of September? Off to do the sticky thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Magic View Post
It was nice reliving my 2007 ABD Wyoming trip by reading your report.
Hi Computer Magic. Glad I could bring back fond memories! Has the trip changed at all since you went? Have you done any other ABD trips? Thanks for reading!

TK
Old 08-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #65
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thanks Sayhello! I was at a wedding tonight and missed my Canon there too. I was so lucky to have my spare with me in Wyoming. I now have an extra battery for that one too. "Don't leave home without it". Counting the days till your trip. Isn't it the first part of September? Off to do the sticky thing
I'm glad you had the spare, too! I'm definitely taking my older Canon... It uses AA's so I'll make sure I have some, & the rechargeables... And I leave Sep 1st. Tour starts the 2nd. DEFINITELY counting the days!

Sayhello
Old 08-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #66
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I really enjoyed reading your trip report! I have never gone on an ABD, but I'm hopeful it will be in our future in the next few years!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #67
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I really enjoyed reading your trip report! I have never gone on an ABD, but I'm hopeful it will be in our future in the next few years!
Hello,
I'm glad you enjoyed it. You'd love an ABD trip. We are already planning/dreaming of our next adventure.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #68
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Glad I could bring back fond memories! Has the trip changed at all since you went? Have you done any other ABD trips? Thanks for reading!

TK
The breakfast at the Wort Hotel changed. We received a voucher for breakfast each day and sit in restraurant. We could order anything we wanted. You now seem to sit in a banquet hall with banquet style breakfast.

That is the only thing that stood out.

PuggyMom on here has a great trip report where you could compare. We were on the same tour.

I haven't been on others, the price is a little high. Wyoming was the best value at the time.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #69
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Thanks for this report. We just got back from Southwest Splendors, which we all enjoyed very much. One of our guides, Courtney, had done the Wyoming trip many times, and got me interested - your trip seems similar in a lot of ways to the Southwest one, just with different beautiful sights to see (and not as hot!)
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #70
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Thanks!

Thanks tksbaskets for the great trip report and awesome photos!

Reading through your posts makes me realize why ABD has appealed so much to me and I think the #1 reason are the guides. They are there for you 24/7 or 8 or 9 . They are so personable and sincere. They go the extra effort to try and make the trip enjoyable for each and every adventurer.

Again thanks for taking the time and posting your pics. The slide show you saw at the farewell dinner will not be for sale via photpass but you'll see it again.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #71
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Thanks tksbaskets for the great trip report and awesome photos!

Reading through your posts makes me realize why ABD has appealed so much to me and I think the #1 reason are the guides. They are there for you 24/7 or 8 or 9 . They are so personable and sincere. They go the extra effort to try and make the trip enjoyable for each and every adventurer.

Again thanks for taking the time and posting your pics. The slide show you saw at the farewell dinner will not be for sale via photpass but you'll see it again.
Thanks for the kind words redzinner! How long did it take for your photopass info to arrive (and how much should I set aside to purchase the CD?) Now I'm excited that there may be a link to the slideshow

Ireland is what I'm dreaming of next! I loved your trip report!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #72
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The slide show you saw at the farewell dinner will not be for sale via photpass but you'll see it again.
Spoilsport!

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 08-25-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #73
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words redzinner! How long did it take for your photopass info to arrive (and how much should I set aside to purchase the CD?) Now I'm excited that there may be a link to the slideshow
Teresa, if I remember correctly the photopass letter with the code on it came about 2-3 weeks after our trip. Sooner than I expected. The whole package (CD) was about $150 dollars.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #74
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Teresa, if I remember correctly the photopass letter with the code on it came about 2-3 weeks after our trip. Sooner than I expected. The whole package (CD) was about $150 dollars.
Thanks! I'll be looking for that in the mail anytime now
Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #75
Turtlemom
Mouseketeer

Tksbaskets--just got our DVD and photopass info from Disney last night. Had a great time watching the slide show and re-living all of the fun.

Speaking of re-living the fun--you really should add your trip report to the "Sticky" thread at the top! It is a terrific report--and I'm sure others would love to read it! I would hate for it to get burried in all the other threads!

(I'd add it, but not sure how to do that!)

Cheers!

Turtlemom
Turtlemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: