Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

The flights to MCO were filling fast so we went ahead and booked. No travel insurance yet, I have decided wether to get it or not.

Pressed pennies is a great idea!! I had completely forgot about them! Both the kids will love them! Thank you!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #17
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! I got was able to find a 8:10 reservation at Chef Mickey's!!! Woohoo!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

Pressed pennies were a big hit the year we took all of my cousins (6 kids on one trip!). They're cheap, fun, and a nice distraction in gift shops. "Where's the penny machine??" instead of "I WANT POOH BEAAAAAAAR!"

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #19
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Started our countdown today. Ethan helped me make it using Mickey heads from home depot. He has no idea what the "big surprise" is at the end of the countdown even with all the Disney themed stuff going on in our house right now.

Oh to be young and not have a clue! He has however picked up on my excitement, he has been bouncing off the walls for days. Everytime I'm online he is standing beside me pointing at which ever Disney character pops up on the screen. He gets so excited on the ADR page he loves all the pictures on there.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #20
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

It's been a couple days since the last update so let me fill ya in.
BTW, what's a girl gotta do to get some posters up in here?

So last we left we started our countdown...... Not sure what DD and DS are more excited about the countdown or the mickey heads they get every night.

This weekend was a light weekend on Disney merch. since we are preparing for DH's surgery tomorrow. I picked up a off brand Misty Mate, it was HORRIBLE and is sitting on my counter waiting to be returned. I learned my lesson and ordered a package deal on Ebay of two Misty Mates and 4 arctic ties. Gosh I love Ebay. Headed to Dollar Store yesterday and picked up some ponchos and saw they had Aurora and Cars child umbrellas. Thought hard about getting them, but in my kids' they would be weapons!

So on to the exciting part:

For the last week and a half I have been drivin' DH Disney CRAZY, talking ADR's and fireworks and transportation and rides and the list goes on... and on... and on.... Ya get the picture! I was SOOOOO excited that I got nearly EVERY ADR that I was hoping for. I had my schedule ready and knew when and where we were going.

Details had been planned. I have been reading everything I can online, books, trip reports, tips, anything I could find. I had a outline of our days in and out of parks..... adr's ready for each park. Anyone know what I am forgetting? I didn't until Friday night at around 3am I woke up with the sudden thought that I hadn't even LOOKED at park hours!

Let me tell you as a first time planner to DW I am a little over my head. I plan to be better informed than the MANY parents who I have talked to at the gym who hated *gasp* DW because of the lines, lack of sit down dining and nearly every one of them had no pictures of their children with characters. I listen with closed ears to them since after lurking on the Dis for years and longing for my own dream vacation I have learned some of the secrets. Or so I thought!

How simple an oversight. I just assumed Disney would be open when I wanted it to!

Do this weekend has been filled with no lack of pouring over schedules and figuring out how much I will have to change around! So far I have been able to keep much of it how I originally planned. Biggest mistake is my ADR for CRT. I was so excited to get the ADR even if it was at 9:35pm that I didn't ever imagine I would miss Wishes or Spectromagic parade.

So of course my first heartbreak came when learning that Spectormagic is at 9pm and Wishes is at 10pm. HEARTBREAK I tell you!!!

Now along with snagging an ADR to Ohana, I am checking the ADR's constantly for an earlier ADR to CRT. I was lucky enough to move it to 8:40pm and we might make Wishes. But Spectromagic is only on 2days of our trip and I don't want to miss it!!!

On top of this I had resigned myself to the fact that we might pass on Fantasmic since all the packages are booked, the line to get in is a little long for a 2yo and 4yo. I don't know why they only plan ONE showing every 7 days! But after watching it on YouTube with the kiddos they were so excited and I loved it.

Any opinions on waiting for it? Is it worth the wait? Do they often add shows? If they do is it always on the same day or do they add a day?

So tomorrow is DH's surgery and I am terrified out of my mind. Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated VERY much!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #21
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quick update since it has been a very long day!

DH had extensive ( and I mean extensive) dental surgery today so he has been out of it all day. Before he went in he reminded me to call the ADR booking and see if Fantasmic was available, lol. Boy I love that man! In fact it was one of the first things he "ask" me when he got out of surgery. And by ask I mean wrote down on a pad of paper.

So about 15 mins into his surgery and I called and amazingly got an ADR for the only Fantasmic show during our stay! Of course it is at the Brown Derby and that is a 2credit meal but that is fine since I had decided to cancel our ADR for CRT because not missing Wishes and Spectromagic is more important to me than CRT. We have an ADR for Akershus so I am not worried about lack of Princesses. Plus DD wouldn't get the wishing star or wand like DS and she would notice. So we will hold off on CRT till our next trip.

I was so preoccupied today that I put the kiddos to bed without letting them pull off a Mickey head. DS ran out of their room yelling "MOMMY WE HAVE DO THE COUNTDOWN!!!!" He told my mom all about it today when she came to watch them. He has no idea what the "big surprise" is but he can't wait.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #22
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

i'm taking it everything went well with DH's surgery? I love all the surprises you picked up.. that's a lot of things!!!

Your ADR"S look great..congrats on getting ADR's for the Fantasmic show.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #23
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
i'm taking it everything went well with DH's surgery? I love all the surprises you picked up.. that's a lot of things!!!

Your ADR"S look great..congrats on getting ADR's for the Fantasmic show.
Thank you! DH is doing good, sore still but he is recovering fast. Says he wishes Disney was tomorrow. Don't we all!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #24
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Update:

So I am waiting for our Disney packet to arrive.... not sure when to expect it since we booked so late before our trip. Question... Since this is our first trip I have no idea what to expect. What all comes in your package that you get in the mail. We aren't doing ME, do we still get luggage tags?

Went shopping today for new sneakers for DH without him since he is still recovering. Got him a pair of Skechers and of course had to look for some for me. I am NOT a sneaker wearer, I have exactly ONE pair that I use when I work out. I work at a gym and I wear flip flops every day. I am would live year round in flip flops if the weather allowed me to. But alas I live in the Windy City and winters here FREEZE. Still you will catch me wearing flip flops if there is no snow on the ground.

But I digress.... as I was saying I picked up both of us a pair of sneakers. I didn't try mine on as I am a firm believer in trying on at home and returning. Don't know why, it takes more time and energy. But I don't like pressure of sales people, and they seem to single me out. Case and point...... So I am paying for my shoes and the sales guy asks me if I want socks. No thanks..... I ended up buying socks. Granted they were moisture wicking socks that I needed anyway, I just had no intention on buying them. Turns out that is the only thing I will be keeping from my trip. Both mine and DH's shoes are tight in the toes, so back I go tomorrow. Maybe I will try them on tomorrow.

I have also moved around some ADR's so that we are going to EPCOT our first day since they have EMH's and that gives us a full day off in the middle of our trip to lounge and go to DD to shop!! I added a early dinner at Raglan Road since DH is a huge Irish Beer lover!

DS has been told no less than 10 times about our trip from different sources and he still is clueless. Again... don't we all wish we were that carefree. They are on a huge Little Einsteins kick right now, which is weird since they weren't big on them before. Thank goodness I booked a character meal at H&V! They will love it!

On another front I was examining our movie collection and noticed a few important movies they kiddos need to see were missing. So I went on Ebay to get them since Disney is FANTASTIC about pulling movies of the shelf before I get them. So I choose one..... then two... then three... then four... and before I know it I am at $100. And there are still more I want. Don't be fooled we are huge DVD collectors(see photo in first post) and have dozens of Disney movies but not all of them... that's what I want. LOL So I come across a Disney Collectors set of movies. 174 of them to be exact.... and it included all of the ones I wanted... and everything we already owned. So that was purchased a couple of days ago from a wholesaler, why pay a middle man. And all of our current DVD's will be sold on Ebay or Disc Replay to eat about half the cost or so. It doesn't come with individual cases for the movies but we keep the kid's movies in a cd book so that isn't a problem for us.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR!!! Everything looks GREAT! You're doing an excellent job.

I wanted to mention that I think your DS would LOVE pin trading. When I took my DD to Disneyland last year she was 2 1/2 and enjoyed it. When we take her to WDW in March she'll be 2 weeks shy of her 4th birthday, so I know she'll understand and enjoy it even more.

I'm also up in the air about the autograph books?!?! I didn't do it for our trip last year because she was terrifed of all the costumed characters and wouldn't go anywhere near them, so obviously she didn't care for their autographs. I'm hoping she will have grown out of her fear for our upcoming trip since she'll be 1 1/2 years older?!?!? I might still get one for the princesses though since I know she'll be into meeting all of them.

I understand your love of flip flops.... i wear the same black pair every single day... I cry when the snow comes and I have to wear closed toe shoes.

Well, you've gotten me in the mood to do some Disney shopping... think I'm going to go hit the mall!!

I look foward to hearing about your trip!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #26
gingerfeathers
Mouseketeer

Love your report so far! Looks like you're going to have a fabulous time!

We're arriving the day after you. Very excited!!

9/08 - Honeymoon at the Poly and on the Disney Wonder, 9/09 - Anniversary trip to the POFQ, 9/11 - Wilderness Lodge, 9/13 - Back to Wilderness Lodge!

Me (29) and DH (39)
Our furkids
Old 08-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #27
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

I live on the coast of Washington where it rains all the time and I still wear flip flops, even in the winter

You are going to get a booklet with the terms and conditions of your package, as well as vouchers for 30 mins at a resort arcade, $15 off at Planet Hollywood, etc. Along with this, you will get the commemorative luggage tags. Don't worry. The tags that come with the ME booklet are yellow sticky ones so that the ME people can identify it. They're not real luggage tags.

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
Old 08-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #28
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL View Post

You are going to get a booklet with the terms and conditions of your package, as well as vouchers for 30 mins at a resort arcade, $15 off at Planet Hollywood, etc. Along with this, you will get the commemorative luggage tags. Don't worry. The tags that come with the ME booklet are yellow sticky ones so that the ME people can identify it. They're not real luggage tags.
Great! Thank you!

I have almost gave in and thought about making a signature album. I was also thinking about cutting up some of the fabric I bought to make new curtains for their room and making character squares for signatures and backing them for curtains. Thought that would make their curtains "special". Guess it all comes down to time......

I printed all of our mousekeeping and server envelopes today. We are eating at alot of buffets so tips are a little simpler. I have got our days 75% finalized but I haven't even started our touring plans. My plan is to try and follow a touring plan for MK since there is SO much that I want the kids to do, focusing on the mornings and evening and relaxing during the afternoons.

FINALLY got some mail today. I have been ordering and ordering online and nothing had come yet. I received the Misty Mates and Arctic ties today and although it was freezing here today I can see how the Misty Mates work. Also got the the Shanrene bracelets in the mail today, VERY FAST!! I ordered them Wednesday evening, that is some fast service. They are fantastic and the kids will love them. Orange for DS and pink for DD, w/ their names and "if lost call *********". Great products!!!

Ethan was in a very lovey mood today and sat on my lap while I was online. He is all about Disney and we watched some of the rides on YouTube, he is a little iffy about going too fast, but when I told him I would hold his hand he became very "cool" and said he could do it all on his own.

Since we are flying for the first time we are trying to teach him about it. So today I ask him where Disney World was and he said "far far away". So I told him we had to fly to get there and he ask if the plane would turn sideways and we would fall out. It was too cute. So we showed him a few videos on YouTube of planes taking off, from the outside and out of the window of planes. He was so excited about how high they were above the ground. So we will see how he takes flying when it comes down to it.

I am addicted to The Dis more than ever! DH is amazed that I can find so much to read on here! I am amazed he hasn't researched at all! LOL
Old 08-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
MomTo4+more
Mouseketeer

Hello from a fellow Chicagoan! We are in the city. I am taking my kids to Disney for the first time in November thanks to Make-A-Wish! It's been so ery fun planning and preparing for it!

What are the Mickey Heads at Home Depot? What section of Home Depot are they found in? I still don't have a countdown calendar, and I need to make one!

An option for the autograph book is taking unlined notecards with you. You could gather signatures and then add stickers and decorations when you get home. Put them in a small photo albomu. Voila! You have an autograph book. Then you haven't spent much of anything if it turns out your kids just aren't into it.

You have lots of fun ADRs planned! Have you checked out the Disney outlet at Gurnee Mills yet? They had super deals there several weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!
"Sulley" (5)
Follow Deyki's Wish Trip here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32472981
Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #30
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo4+more View Post
Hello from a fellow Chicagoan! We are in the city. I am taking my kids to Disney for the first time in November thanks to Make-A-Wish! It's been so ery fun planning and preparing for it!

What are the Mickey Heads at Home Depot? What section of Home Depot are they found in? I still don't have a countdown calendar, and I need to make one!

An option for the autograph book is taking unlined notecards with you. You could gather signatures and then add stickers and decorations when you get home. Put them in a small photo albomu. Voila! You have an autograph book. Then you haven't spent much of anything if it turns out your kids just aren't into it.

You have lots of fun ADRs planned! Have you checked out the Disney outlet at Gurnee Mills yet? They had super deals there several weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!
Don't ya just love the weather here this year? We have taken the kids swimming only a handful of times this year! I was thinking today (as I froze) that I could not wait to be sitting in the sun at the pool!!

The Mickey heads are in the paint section. They are actually paint chips for disney colors. They are great to decorate with! Don't forget to pick up extra lime green ones for the Dis!!

I cannot believe that I didn't think about driving up to Gurnee!!! We went to the Aurora outlet mall today but they don't have a Disney outlet. FANTASTIC sale at the Children's Place. Nearly everything was $2.99! Too bad I couldn't find many clothes to fit DS, 3T and 4T seems to go fast there.

Congratulations on your trip! I hope that you have a magical time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: