Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #151
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Another great Big Give!!!!

I can see how you guys can feel like Christmas. I don't think there was as many presents under my tree this last Christmas.

I have to make sure Liam doesn't see the picture of your DH's t-shirt, he will want one two. He is absolutly crazy about star Wars.

My husband had seen that shirt on another TR and loved it. He is huge Star Wars fan and has been since he was 10 years old. So he was so excited about it. This time has been so wonderful for my family. Just to see my DH act like a little boy has been such a blessing!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #152
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
Those pictures and stories made my day!

I LOVE, LOVE LOVE the picture of Lucas hugging his presents!

Too funny about the hubby wanting to wear his shirt!

Glad everyone liked everything!

Lynn
I wish I could of put the sound effects in. That would of made it even better. They are still enjoying everything. The boys slept with their stuff toys. I went to wake Lucas up this morning and he was already awake but he was still in bed playing with Buzz.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #153
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Oh my gosh, I've missed out on so much! I am loving all the pictures and commentary! Your boys are so sweet, and so are you! I love that your husband wanted to wear his Star Wars shirt to work! What a wonderful family you have!

Thank you so much! This trip has turned my DH into a little boy again. Which has been such a blessing. I guess Mickey still makes us all kids at heart!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #154
Terry718
Mouseketeer

I just saw the pics of the boys - don't know how I missed that! My goodness your boys are beautiful and they look so darn cute! Love, love, love the pictures!!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #155
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry718 View Post
I just saw the pics of the boys - don't know how I missed that! My goodness your boys are beautiful and they look so darn cute! Love, love, love the pictures!!
Thank you so much!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #156
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Another great Big Give!!!!

I have to make sure Liam doesn't see the picture of your DH's t-shirt, he will want one two. He is absolutly crazy about star Wars.
No worries Corrine!...He may be getting one too!!

It will hopefully be like Christmas at your house next week...just waiting for a few things.

Lynn
Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #157
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Love the new stuff and photos and seeing and hearing about DH's and the boys excitement!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 08-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #158
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Love the new stuff and photos and seeing and hearing about DH's and the boys excitement!
It ease my DH and tell everyone I have " My Three Sons". It is somtimes like having 3 little boys. But my DH has sure earned it.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #159
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to see how you and the family were doing! Hope everyone is doing ok and staying out of the heat. If you are having the heat problems we are here in Cincinnati, I feel so bad for you all! Keep Cool!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #160
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
Just checking in to see how you and the family were doing! Hope everyone is doing ok and staying out of the heat. If you are having the heat problems we are here in Cincinnati, I feel so bad for you all! Keep Cool!
You just made my night! Your post really lifted my spirits. It has been one of those days everything that could go wrong has went wrong. So it was nice to know someone was thinking of us! Believe it or not the heat has not been to bad around here. The boys are back in school so we are adjusting to that schedule. Stay cool!!!! Hopefully the heat will lift soon.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #161
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Big give

We received another Big Give yesterday. I was not able to post it last night because we had a bad storm roll through last night and we were without power for a few hours. Since the ice storm it does not take much these days for us to lose our power.

Thank you so much tricia. The boys loved their shirts. They were so cute. I am just amazed at all of the talentof the Big Givers. My youngest really kpet rubbing his Mickey and saying feels so soft. He just loved that part. They boys are wanting to wear their shirts to school to show them offf and it is getting very hard to convince them to wait and keep them nice for Disney. I was telling them just think all of the new shirts that you will have when you come back and you can share with everyone the wonderful people who made these shirts for you.But thank you again they were wonderful and they agree they will be wonderful to wear at Animal Kingdom.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #162
tricia
Goes to show you that even lurkers get tagged!!

You are very welcome. This is my first time participating in a Big Give and I was very nervous. (what if the shirts don't get there in time? what if they don't fit? what if the kids don't like them? etc.) Thank you so much for posting and letting me know that they got there OK and that the boys liked them.

Oh, and don't you hate being without power with kids in the house. It is like the end of the world to them sometimes. My boys were home alone the other day and i got a call from my oldest. "Mom, we have a situation" I'm thinking OMG, what is wrong? He says "The power is out, how do I get it back on?" I told them to go outside and play, as the weather was nice. By the time they came back in it was back up.

AKL - September 2009 Universal RPR - March 2009
ASSp - March 2007 ASSp - March 2006
Pop - March 2004 ASSp- May 2003
ASMo- Sept 2000 ASSp- April 1996
WL- July 1994 CBR- 1998
ME DH DS15 DS11
Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #163
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia View Post
You are very welcome. This is my first time participating in a Big Give and I was very nervous. (what if the shirts don't get there in time? what if they don't fit? what if the kids don't like them? etc.) Thank you so much for posting and letting me know that they got there OK and that the boys liked them.

Oh, and don't you hate being without power with kids in the house. It is like the end of the world to them sometimes. My boys were home alone the other day and i got a call from my oldest. "Mom, we have a situation" I'm thinking OMG, what is wrong? He says "The power is out, how do I get it back on?" I told them to go outside and play, as the weather was nice. By the time they came back in it was back up.
Your shirts were wonderful!!!!! They were just perfect for the boys. You did a great job.

Oh the power thing is big around our house. We had a major ice storm to hit us the end of January and our entire town was without power for I believe 6 days. I mean nothing in our town. We had to drive at least 45 minutes to get gas for generators and food. The towns that were that far away were running out of batteries, gas, and supplies because everyone from our town was heading there to get supplies. We were without power for 10 days. So when the power goes out my children (and to be honest me too) get very nervous. Our infra structure is still weak in our area because of the ice storm and they are still working to repair the system.

Thank you again.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #164
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
You just made my night! Your post really lifted my spirits. It has been one of those days everything that could go wrong has went wrong. So it was nice to know someone was thinking of us! Believe it or not the heat has not been to bad around here. The boys are back in school so we are adjusting to that schedule. Stay cool!!!! Hopefully the heat will lift soon.
I understand having those days. I am glad the heat isn't too bad there. It is supposed to storm here sometime today. So hopefully it will cool off soon around here too! Your trip is coming up soon! I am so excited for you guys! I arrive the night before you guys leave So sad we wouldn't be able to meet up!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #165
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I understand having those days. I am glad the heat isn't too bad there. It is supposed to storm here sometime today. So hopefully it will cool off soon around here too! Your trip is coming up soon! I am so excited for you guys! I arrive the night before you guys leave So sad we wouldn't be able to meet up!
I agree it would of been great to be able to meet up with you. There is another family that is arriving right after we leave. So it would of been great to meet some of the families that we have talked to on the boards!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: