Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #31
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
I love the segway tour, but if you only have 4 days at the parks so (my opinion) I wouldn't do a tour and you will have more time in the parks. We have done shorter trips and I know we like to squeeze as much park time as we can.
That is what I was thinking too but being that my family has been to WDW 5 or 6 times in the last year and 1/2 I think this might be the time to fit in Segway. Dm has already expressed she'd rather go to the spa again or just sit at the pool and sip on a fruity drink hehe We shall see!!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #32
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

My WDW Lesson Plan!

Hi Dis!!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

I wanted to throw this out here. From time to time I will post asking if you crafty moms/girls have any ideas for my lesson plan of the week!

Next week, I'm doing my lessons on FL. I have a day of space (Kennedy Space Center), a day on beaches, a day on FL animals, and 2 days of Disney!

I have all the other days covered but sadly I feel like I'm needing more things for my 2 days of Disney. Keep in mind the kids are 4 and 5 and we have 24 kids total.

The things I have so far:
-Art project of the day: making my own castle
-Disney pictionary
-Disney Yahtzee

I plan on showing the kids Wishes from You Tube (I've already pre-screened one) and I have the planning DVD but not sure if they will be bored? I also have the old school singalong videos and was thinking about showing one of those.

I was also thinking about cutting out huge circles and make a mickey head and have the kids tell me what or who they would want to see at WDW.

I guess what I need help with is maybe a better art project and I need 2 or 3 different books.

I was planning on passing around photo albums and my mickey ears.

Any advice or fun ideas would be great! Thanks!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #33
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Hi! I found you on another TR and since you are another holiday vacation planner, I thought I'd sub! Read all the way through and ready for more!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #34
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Hi! I found you on another TR and since you are another holiday vacation planner, I thought I'd sub! Read all the way through and ready for more!

!!!!

I love your TR as well!!! I wish my family would eat at 3 TS a day!!

My cousin is doing ur trip in a sense but in Sept instead. She just like you got a great AAA rate and is staying at POR w/DxDP!

Thanks for reading!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi Dis!!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

I wanted to throw this out here. From time to time I will post asking if you crafty moms/girls have any ideas for my lesson plan of the week!

Next week, I'm doing my lessons on FL. I have a day of space (Kennedy Space Center), a day on beaches, a day on FL animals, and 2 days of Disney!

I have all the other days covered but sadly I feel like I'm needing more things for my 2 days of Disney. Keep in mind the kids are 4 and 5 and we have 24 kids total.

The things I have so far:
-Art project of the day: making my own castle
-Disney pictionary
-Disney Yahtzee

I plan on showing the kids Wishes from You Tube (I've already pre-screened one) and I have the planning DVD but not sure if they will be bored? I also have the old school singalong videos and was thinking about showing one of those.

I was also thinking about cutting out huge circles and make a mickey head and have the kids tell me what or who they would want to see at WDW.

I guess what I need help with is maybe a better art project and I need 2 or 3 different books.

I was planning on passing around photo albums and my mickey ears.

Any advice or fun ideas would be great! Thanks!!!

I'm joining in

I'm going to live bicuriously through you! I always wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher and work at Disney World! I did neither of the two though I love your ideas for Florida week at school! Have you played the Disney DVD Bingo game? I remember in my DD's 4K class, they played Bingo a lot to help the kids recognize numbers, letters, etc. You could play this game? We have it at home and still play it once a week and DD is going into 1st grade! We just recently bought that Disney Yahtzee game, LOVE it!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
I'm joining in

I'm going to live bicuriously through you! I always wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher and work at Disney World! I did neither of the two though I love your ideas for Florida week at school! Have you played the Disney DVD Bingo game? I remember in my DD's 4K class, they played Bingo a lot to help the kids recognize numbers, letters, etc. You could play this game? We have it at home and still play it once a week and DD is going into 1st grade! We just recently bought that Disney Yahtzee game, LOVE it!

Thanks for all of the ideas!! I do not have Disney Bingo. I'm assuming you can find it at Walmart or Target?

Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #37
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for all of the ideas!! I do not have Disney Bingo. I'm assuming you can find it at Walmart or Target?
I think we bought ours at Kmart...for some reason I don't think Target carried it when we bought it! But check there anyway...and I think Walmart would have it also!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #38
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

The Horrid Weekend!!!

HI DIS!!!!

I figured since we're going to WDW at Christmas that I should start writing in green or red

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine, not so great

The HORRID Weekend:

As I stated in an earlier post, I've been planning this weekend for over a month now. The plan: Dm and Dbro drive to Cincinnati from Pittsburgh and Ddad and I meet up with them for a Kings Island/Tennis Tournament weekend adventure!!

I had looked for hotels for over a month because with it being the last weekend before school for locals and the national tennis tournament going on close by, hotels were booked.

We were lucky to score a suite at the Marriott Renaissance which was great because Dbro likes to sleep with the TV on and the rest do not so he had his own little living room pull out and we had a bedroom with 2 queen beds.

Well..as Friday approached, I was PSYCHED! Not as great as WDW but close! I had my weekend bag packed and ready to go for the next day when I woke up at midnight (fri morning) with a horrible sore throat and burning up and took my temperature and it was 101.5 I quickly took tylenol which did not help and it kept going up so I took motrin which brought it down to the low 100s. I called work the next morning, keep in mind, I work with 4 year olds which will catch anything in the air and was told from my boss, can you Please come in, another teacher called off with food poisoning and 2 girls are on vacation so with my 100 degree fever I went to work from 8:30-10:30. Still feeling horrible at 10:30 when I left, I went back to Urgent Care and was there for an hour or so to find out:
STREP THROAT!!!!!!!!

So in the car I went off to Walmart to get meds. I called school to tell them of my condition so they could let parents know what was going on. Called Dm and Ddad who quickly said well you can't meet us for the dinner reservation at 8 so you'll have to stay in the apt for the night until you see how you are tomorrow.

Well, I felt horrible, couldn't eat, hard to drink and to top it all off my nose started getting yucky sick and I gained a cough as well

Ddad, Dmom, and Dbro stopped at the apt at 10:30pm to check up on me and to bring me soup and more motrin for my fevers.

I ended up falling asleep after they left and woke up at 10 the next day. Felling kinda/sorta better but still contagious, Dm, Ddad, and Dbro headed off to ride the coasters at Kings Island. Around 11 I got a txt from Dm and Dbro, "Ddad lost his cell phone on Firehawk (on your stomach flying ride) and we're heading to L&F to see if they have it." A little while later, still no phone and the 3 of them headed to the Tennis Tournament down the road..me, still stuck at home in bed with no fevers!!
By 4:30 I was feeling better, and wanted to eat so I called Dm and Ddad who said I could walk around Kings Island with them so I did. I attempted one coaster and well that did it for me. I was better off getting the fresh air and exercise and eating non solid food lol. By 10 when the park closed, Ddad STILL did not have his beloved cell phone so we got in the car and drove back to the hotel.

Sadly I did not get any pics of the hotel for I pretty much took my meds and passed out. I think Ddad shook me 4 or 5 times throughout the night saying I was breathing too loud In the morning we all got up and got ready and went down for the free breakfast. Now most places that have free breakfast it's standard, not this place! They had EVERYTHING under the sun. The only thing missing was a man to cook omelets!

Around noon, I got a call from Ddad saying he had driven to KI and he got his cell phone back and it worked which is hard to believe bc it had rained for a good 20 mins late afternoon!! He is now happy although his precious touch screen phone has a few scratches on it, I think he'll survive lol!

Needless to say, the weekend did not go as planned. Ddad says this is a horrid trend I'm starting bc when they came to visit me at WDW last Dec, I got food poisoning on 2nd to last day and was stuck in my AKL bed for 2 days

As far as WDW news, we have none I did not bring anything up although with Free Dining going on, the ADRs worry me so we need to decide soon to avoid double booking I told Dm today about checking AAA about us getting free dining although I think DDad would rather stay at AKL than stay at a moderate with free dining We'll see!

Hope everyone had a better weekend than we did!!!!

Stay tuned!

Old 08-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #39
DVC'96
Mouseketeer

Wow, that really was a terrible weekend! You all really made the best of it. Hopefully you are feeling better by now. Let's hope the trend of getting sick at amusement parks end here.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #40
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Hey there

I decided to come check out your pre trip, since you are now on mine

How exciting you did the CP at Disney and was able to stay seasonal for awhile.

That is so awesome that you have tried out almost all the resorts.

My husband and I worked at Disney for one year to try it out, but could not survive with pay rate. But it sure was fun. My husband drove the monorail and I worked in toontown. This was in 99 and 2000.

Glad your ankle was okay and how awful you were so sick this weekend

Hope you are feeling better

Oh, how cool you are doing a disney lesson
Old 08-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
I think we bought ours at Kmart...for some reason I don't think Target carried it when we bought it! But check there anyway...and I think Walmart would have it also!
Thanks so much! My kids love playing games although they also have huge 4 and 5 yr old egos and DO NOT like to lose and I don't mean they pout, some throw actual fits, it's crazy, sometimes we just sit and laugh at them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC'96 View Post
Wow, that really was a terrible weekend! You all really made the best of it. Hopefully you are feeling better by now. Let's hope the trend of getting sick at amusement parks end here.
Thanks! I woke up this morning and was sick (throwing up) most likely from all the coughing because it hasn't happened since. I'm laying low enjoying toast and tea that was from England in WS so hopefully I'll be okay go go to school tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Hey there

I decided to come check out your pre trip, since you are now on mine

How exciting you did the CP at Disney and was able to stay seasonal for awhile.

That is so awesome that you have tried out almost all the resorts.

My husband and I worked at Disney for one year to try it out, but could not survive with pay rate. But it sure was fun. My husband drove the monorail and I worked in toontown. This was in 99 and 2000.

Glad your ankle was okay and how awful you were so sick this weekend

Hope you are feeling better

Oh, how cool you are doing a disney lesson

Thanks for reading!!!!! I can imagine it's hard to live off of the money. I was lucky and had tons of roommates my whole time there. Even if I was FT, it would be hard for me to live without roommates, cost of living is sooo much--how crazy right?!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #42
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Sorry your weekend wasn't so great. Unfortunately, it was probably the kids that gave it to you! I know the first week of school (which is next week for us) my kids always get me sick every year! Hoping this year that won't be the case! We'll see!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #43
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Sorry your weekend wasn't so great. Unfortunately, it was probably the kids that gave it to you! I know the first week of school (which is next week for us) my kids always get me sick every year! Hoping this year that won't be the case! We'll see!!!
Thanks

It's crazy what you can catch from little monsters!!! I need to find a good, decent priced vitamin to hopefully keep from getting sick! I always get a flu shot every year and have not gotten the flu so I'll continue to get those!

It's funny how when I was in FL, I got sick only 4 times that being: sinus infection after the 1st month I was there, food poisoning (sadly from either Boma, Caseys, or LTT), pink eye from a princess at BBB I'm sure!, and bronchitis which was misdiagnosed in FL as a sinus infection and was diagnosed as bronchitis when I went home for a visit in early Jan. Crazy!!!

I'd gladly go back to FL to keep from getting sick like I do in the north!!!

Thanks for the well wishes I'm starting to feel a little bit better. I don't get any sick days from the school as it is a private childcare center so I'll have to go back tomorrow since I'll begin paying apt. rent starting Friday

Old 08-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #44
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

Hey I just thought I would pop out and say hi and that i'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope that you get better soon.

I'm glad to hear that you found another job but it is sad when you have to leave the most happiest place on Earth. That's all my oldest 2 daughters talk about is trying to get into the Disney program. I told them they still have a few years to go before they can even try to get in.

Anyways...love to trip report...

Hubby Me DD14 DD12 and DD5
Old 08-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #45
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, haha. Dad is not paying for anything on the apt as far as rent or utilities. He had bought my bed set but that's it!!
He had the same doubts when I moved to FL. I'm pretty sure it's a classic case of daddy not wanting to let got because he did the same thing before I left in FL and 2 more times when I moved in FL to different places so I pretty much know how to deal with it by now haha. He is just a concerned father who always would tell me "when are you getting a job and moving out" and then when it happens he's always against it haha.

He's much more at ease now that my insurance was approved for a VERY cheap but good rate and I will have to budget like I did in FL but I should be fine because I don't have those FL/WDW temptations in Cincinnati!!

Thanks for reading!!!!!
Sounds great and you are so right. Fathers never want their daughters to grow up!!

Hope you are feeling better!! What a disappointing weekend! Man your ankle, your bother getting hit with a golf cart and strep throat, ouch! Hope your DB is better also.

Looking forward to more!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: