Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #16
jharrowell
Disney Phreak

Hi, love the posts so far.

How about the new Epcot Segway tour that includes backstage elements?

You get some backstage stuff for DBro and you get to play on the Segways, which is always a bonus...

Follow my twitters for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at:
http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen
Old 08-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #17
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrowell View Post
Hi, love the posts so far.

How about the new Epcot Segway tour that includes backstage elements?

You get some backstage stuff for DBro and you get to play on the Segways, which is always a bonus...

Thanks! I'll have to check into that further. Do you know how new it is? I checked 3 different sites including the official WDW , Dis, and another and the only ones listed are Simply Segway and WS Segway.

KTTK would be nice for Db but seeing as I have already done the tour and used the tunnels for work, I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it so maybe I'll push for Segway but would do either of course lol!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #18
jharrowell
Disney Phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Thanks! I'll have to check into that further. Do you know how new it is? I checked 3 different sites including the official WDW , Dis, and another and the only ones listed are Simply Segway and WS Segway.
It's very new, I only found out about it about a month ago on another site known for it's news and rumours.

I don't remember the name but it's something like "Epcot behind the scenes with Segway".

I believe it's a 3 hour tour...

Follow my twitters for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at:
http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen
Old 08-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #19
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrowell View Post
It's very new, I only found out about it about a month ago on another site known for it's news and rumours.

I don't remember the name but it's something like "Epcot behind the scenes with Segway".

I believe it's a 3 hour tour...
Wow, thanks!! I'll have to look into that. I've been backstage before at Epcot for some of my AK training and when I did Dolphins, not as thrilling as MK I must say but still interesting to see what others can't!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #20
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the job and the apartment!! Just curious, is Dad helping subsidize the apartment and that is why he is against it? If that is too personal a question, please ignore it!!

Loving your Disney memories and looking forward to more of your plans!!

Ohhh, and Caden is beautiful!!!!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #21
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

333 trip A or 4 months trip B

HEY DIS!!!!!!

Since I had updated yesterday, I was not sure if I would update so soon or not but when I saw my ticker's at 333 (months, weeks, days) and trip B as 4 months I figured WOW, I have to post, that is wayyy too cool!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I got alll my hair chopped off yesterday but still able to put it up and got baby corn row braids on the top. I always tell my hair dresser, "Man, if Disney did this in addition to hair wraps, they could make a fortune!!." too bad you have to have a license
I saw Time Travelers Wife and note to self: read the book after the movie to be less surprised and bored haha. Dm loved it though which was good since I had to drag her to see it!

We also went up to our local small fair and I won a fish for my kids at school aka nemo. Not sure if he is living or not because when he went into his cool whip bowl of water, he did not like my water temperature and jumped out of the bowl onto the kitchen floor. I guess I'll check on him in a bit!!

DISNEY NEWS:

Well just randomly yesterday, I asked DM if she knew when Db was going to schedule his classes for the fall of which she quickly replied, "HE ALREADY DID!!!!! and said Db has classes on:Tues, Wed, and Thurs which means WE MIGHTTTT pull off trip A!!!

...assuming his prof. doesn't mind him missing his class on Thurs and if he does not have a final the following Monday, if so it will be trip B.

DM said it will be the beginning of Sept until we know what that Thurs class is going to be like and to see what the schedule is like. In the meantime we will begin to plan "What If" ADRs just in case.

NO CAR????

It occurred to DM and I last night that we for the first time since our horrid bus adventures in 2007 that we will not have a car. Prior to 2007 we had always had a rental car but in '07 the prices were horrid so we went with buses which was a pain: our DME driver to WL got lost 4x and we passed the ent. 4x and this was a late morning arrival time. We waited 30-45 for each bus to and from parks Ddad does not have bus patience and was grateful when I had my car for my CP/PI/Seasonal experience at WDW. He did say something to the front desk not wanting anything in return but was given a $75 gift card. Same issues happened to my Uncle's family in Feb 2008 and he said something to POP and was issued 4/4day park hopper tickets and a letter of apology from the staff at POP!!

When discussing ADRs for example: I REALLY want to go to Ohana's for breakfast (maybe our last morning at WDW), I quickly realized how could we easily get there without a car We came up with boat if early enough and then monorail or bus to MK and monorail or boat to Poly if staying at WL and AKL bus to MK and monorail or boat to Poly. We have used taxi's before but man are those getting pricey too!!

Any advice??!!!

Well that is it for now. My Ddad, Dm, Db and I are all going to Kings Island next weekend so I'm sure some Disney talk will be brought up. After all, we are 333 away or 4 months away so we need to start planning like NOW!!!!!!!

Can someone please explain the Passporter book to me and if it would be of value to my family??

Have a great SUNDAY!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #22
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Congratulations on the job and the apartment!! Just curious, is Dad helping subsidize the apartment and that is why he is against it? If that is too personal a question, please ignore it!!

Loving your Disney memories and looking forward to more of your plans!!

Ohhh, and Caden is beautiful!!!!!
No, haha. Dad is not paying for anything on the apt as far as rent or utilities. He had bought my bed set but that's it!!
He had the same doubts when I moved to FL. I'm pretty sure it's a classic case of daddy not wanting to let got because he did the same thing before I left in FL and 2 more times when I moved in FL to different places so I pretty much know how to deal with it by now haha. He is just a concerned father who always would tell me "when are you getting a job and moving out" and then when it happens he's always against it haha.

He's much more at ease now that my insurance was approved for a VERY cheap but good rate and I will have to budget like I did in FL but I should be fine because I don't have those FL/WDW temptations in Cincinnati!!

Thanks for reading!!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #23
DVC'96
Mouseketeer

Hi,
I just found your TR today and I remember you from your CP and PI. I followed those for a while and then lost track. I'm glad you're able to squeeze in a trip this December with your new job.
I would love to do a tour someday. I would probably choose KTTK, but I realize you've already seen so much of the MK behind the scenes. Your brother would probably like a Segway tour. I can't wait to hear about whatever you choose.
My DD is starting college next week. I would love it if she did the CP someday. I think she loves WDW as much as I do.
Thanks for keeping us updated on your plans.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC'96 View Post
Hi,
I just found your TR today and I remember you from your CP and PI. I followed those for a while and then lost track. I'm glad you're able to squeeze in a trip this December with your new job.
I would love to do a tour someday. I would probably choose KTTK, but I realize you've already seen so much of the MK behind the scenes. Your brother would probably like a Segway tour. I can't wait to hear about whatever you choose.
My DD is starting college next week. I would love it if she did the CP someday. I think she loves WDW as much as I do.
Thanks for keeping us updated on your plans.

Thanks for reading!!!!

I think we will end up doing Segway if he has a huge desire to. Since in the year and 1/2 that I worked at WDW, my family has been down 5 times so my mom is kind of on the mind set that we will take it easy this trip and see the holiday goodies but not kill ourselves to get everything done. I suggested to Dm that we should all sit down and make a list of MUST DO rides/attractions and then a secondary list of would like to do if have time.

DD would love the CP I'm sure. I tell everyone who is interested to do it! Dbro is considering it after he's done with his masters. I keep in very good contact with my roomies and some co-workers from all over the US so I would tell her to def. look into it!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #25
4forWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
HEY DIS!!!!!!

Can someone please explain the Passporter book to me and if it would be of value to my family??

Have a great SUNDAY!!!

Hi Megan!
I followed your previous TR (about AK) and don't think I finished it all - can you still give the link? I'm pretty sure I finished the one about BBB. They were 2 different TR's weren't they?
I wanted to mention this when we got back from our trip in Dec 08 - but forgot all about it.
It was probably Thurs - Dec 11 and we went to AK. I am positive I saw you with an animal/bug near the enterance but you were talking to a couple of guests and my DS and DD were running to get to EE so I didn't get a chance to say hello. Then it starting pouring when we came out of Festival of the Lion King. I didn't see you when we left the park. We went resort hopping to YC & BC and had lunch at Beaches and Cream until the rain slacked off. I'm sorry we got that close to being able to say hi and weren't able.
Anyway - I'm not sure about the Passporter for you and your family. It is very detailed with descriptions of the resorts, parks and restaurants. Since you are a CM and your family are seasoned guests it might be info you already know. However, I enjoy going back through mine just to read about a different resort etc. My best advice would be for you to go to a Borders etc and just skim through one to see if you think you would like it or not.
I live appx 3 hours from Cincinnati and my cousin's DD goes to University of Cincinnati. I love visiting and going to Kings Island and Great Wolf Lodge. Hope you enjoy yourself in your new town.
Thanks for the TR and have a great day!
Amy
Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #26
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forWDW View Post
Hi Megan!
I followed your previous TR (about AK) and don't think I finished it all - can you still give the link? I'm pretty sure I finished the one about BBB. They were 2 different TR's weren't they?
I wanted to mention this when we got back from our trip in Dec 08 - but forgot all about it.
It was probably Thurs - Dec 11 and we went to AK. I am positive I saw you with an animal/bug near the enterance but you were talking to a couple of guests and my DS and DD were running to get to EE so I didn't get a chance to say hello. Then it starting pouring when we came out of Festival of the Lion King. I didn't see you when we left the park. We went resort hopping to YC & BC and had lunch at Beaches and Cream until the rain slacked off. I'm sorry we got that close to being able to say hi and weren't able.
Anyway - I'm not sure about the Passporter for you and your family. It is very detailed with descriptions of the resorts, parks and restaurants. Since you are a CM and your family are seasoned guests it might be info you already know. However, I enjoy going back through mine just to read about a different resort etc. My best advice would be for you to go to a Borders etc and just skim through one to see if you think you would like it or not.
I live appx 3 hours from Cincinnati and my cousin's DD goes to University of Cincinnati. I love visiting and going to Kings Island and Great Wolf Lodge. Hope you enjoy yourself in your new town.
Amy

I did meet seveal people from Dis when I was at AK. It was so much easier with me being in guest areas rather than at MK inside the Castle.

I might check out the passporter. It could be something for me to start for myself and future visits when I would start to bring my own family to WDW. I'm also interested in history type Disney books so maybe I can check those out too!

We're actually going to Kings Island this weekend, hopefully...I'll be posting about that next! I tried getting into GWL but they only had the "kid" camping rooms left and we do love Bunk Beds at WL/AKL we were not sure if these would fit big kids like my brother and I so we're staying at Marriott suite instead.

Thanks for reading!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Troubled Times!!!

Hello Dis!!

I still had some time left on my lunch break so I thought I would post real quick!

We still do not have trip A or B picked out yet. I still have a feeling B will be it because by the time we get to trip B (Wed Dec 16-Monday Dec 21) Db will be done with finals. I thought about looking to go Jan 1-Jan 6 since my ID will expire Jan 7 but I forgot my main gate pass (free tickets for family) expires 12/31 so that will not work

So my title: Troubled Times

Yesterday I was at school filling in the school age (grade 1-grade 6) and one of the little boys has a physical handicap as well as other health conditions and needs to be watched pretty carefully. I was on the playground with the kids and looked out of the corner of my eye and the little boy ran for the door to go inside so I ran after him and fell on a ditch and messed up my ankle I did not go to a walk-in center in the area but just went home. It's still sore today so I'm debating if I should go see a Dr. or not?!

Last night I also got a call that Db had been in an accident while working Steeler Camp in PA. He dropped his water bottle on the road and went out to get it and got hit by a golf cart when two were racing and not watching the road. He suffered a busted up nose and contusions (sp?) on his head and face and was rushed to the ER and was released at 12am today. Dad had rushed home from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh late last night to be with Db. Db is much better today, thank goodness and it could have been a lot worse!

Between that and myself, it was a pretty rough night for my family!

We're supposed to have our Kings Island weekend starting Friday but who knows now between Db and I!! Maybe that means we'll have more time to plan WDW?!

I'll update soon!!!!

~Thanks for reading!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 08-18-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #28
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forWDW View Post
Hi Megan!
Amy

~Amy,
Sorry I did not post on this. I actually never finished my TR for AK. I had lost track with it for 2 reasons really: 1-I had a NASTY computer "back door" virus late summer last year and had to have my computer reformatted and lost a lot of online things: my fb, myspace, email accounts, you name it and it was gone. By the time I had gotten everything back up and running again it was into the holidays and with friends and family visiting, I didn't have time it seemed like. Thankfully my friends had saved pictures on CDs and flash drives because I lost everything So I'm sorry I don't have the report!!

I will say that the holidays at WDW as a CM were awesome! I went to MNSSHP 3x, and saw the cast preview of castle lighting and parade and went to MVMCP 3x. My family visited the week before xmas and we stayed at AKL and I got food poisoning (from Boma we think) and I was sick as a dog for the last day 1/2 of their trip That's pretty much the end of the internship in a nutshell!! We did take a nice picture of my AK team in front of the TOL (in between africa/asia) so I'm going to try and take a pic of it and post it!!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #29
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Well, it's not broken!!!

Well, as you can see from my title, my ankle/foot is not broken!!

I decided to go to the Urgent Care by my apt just for peace of mind and I still have insurance so it was a $20 copay.

I had been to Centra Care in FL plenty of times for this and that and always find them no matter what location, it always seemed sooo busy not matter what time of day! The UC was empty when I walked in I filled out all my papers and was taken back right away.

The dr came in right away and decided to have the nurse do xrays and so she did. He came back then right away and said no broken bones no fractures but he would send it to a radiologist to double check and said it was a bad sprain and would need a brace.

The nurse came back in with a beloved air cast which made it feel oh so much better! So for the next few days I'm to air cast it, take my prescript. pain killers and ice it!!

I would just like to add, "you know you're not in wdw" when at the Urgent Care it is not colorful, kid friendly, and showing WDW movies on the TV like Centra Care lol.

Well that is it for now, I guess I'll have a lot of down time to plan for the trip!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #30
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

I love the segway tour, but if you only have 4 days at the parks so (my opinion) I wouldn't do a tour and you will have more time in the parks. We have done shorter trips and I know we like to squeeze as much park time as we can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: