Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #616
luvillians
Earning My Ears

Awesome, wonderful, fantastic trip report!!! Another lurker here eagerly looking forward to more from the Panic Attack Family someday, hopefully another trip is planned soon! Thanks for the laughs!!

Contemporary~04/2002
Grand Floridian~04/2003
Contemporary~04/2005
Pop Century~09/2005
Riverside~05/2007
Contemporary~05/2008
Boardwalk Inn~04/2009
AKL/Bay Lake Tower~04/2010
Old 08-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #617
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl View Post
That was an awesome trip report! Thanks so much for sharing. We too lost our Pal Mickey last year. I called everyday but we never did find him again...i was sooo upset about it....at least I am not alone
It must be a conspiracy - or an underground kidnapping ring. We just returned from an 8 day trip and I only saw one Pal Mickey the whole time we were there. I was on the look-out for them because when we were in Nashville the first night on the road I realized that our Pal Mickey was still at home sleeping on the couch with his little suitcase packed and in the confusion of leaving nobody remembered to wake him up. I kept thinking he would use his influence and fly down to meet up with us, and when I saw the one lonely little Pal Mickey going through Epcot in his Pirate costume (just like he was sleeping in) I thought it was him. When I caught up to him I was terribly embarrassed to find out I was mistaken. Boy did we get an earful when we got home! Secretly I'm glad he stayed behind, I think he would have been terribly disappointed to see that none of his other Pal Mickey brethren are returning to the motherland. Then again, maybe they are returning but are being spirited away by gangs of marauding lizards

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #618
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl View Post
We too lost our Pal Mickey last year. I called everyday but we never did find him again...i was sooo upset about it....at least I am not alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
<snip> what's going on with this rash of Pal Mickey thefts? It's an epidemic! If they could only see the pain they leave behind.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
It must be a conspiracy - or an underground kidnapping ring. We just returned from an 8 day trip and I only saw one Pal Mickey the whole time we were there. I was on the look-out for them because when we were in Nashville the first night on the road I realized that our Pal Mickey was still at home sleeping on the couch with his little suitcase packed and in the confusion of leaving nobody remembered to wake him up. I kept thinking he would use his influence and fly down to meet up with us, and when I saw the one lonely little Pal Mickey going through Epcot in his Pirate costume (just like he was sleeping in) I thought it was him. When I caught up to him I was terribly embarrassed to find out I was mistaken. Boy did we get an earful when we got home! Secretly I'm glad he stayed behind, I think he would have been terribly disappointed to see that none of his other Pal Mickey brethren are returning to the motherland. Then again, maybe they are returning but are being spirited away by gangs of marauding lizards
Let's start a conspiracy theory then...the Pal Mickeys are all escaping their owners to move to a solar-powered (no cold-handed, generic-battery replacements) desert (no water hazards) gated (no lizards) community...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #619
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Epilogue:

Ok….so we have now moved ahead to November 2008. Wait a tick……isn’t November 2008 in the past? How does one move ahead…..to the past? Well, you raise a valid question…..but I think if you just go out and rent Back to the Future…..starring a young Michael J Fox as the hot-headed, hard-rocking Marty McFly…..it’ll address most of your concerns. If that doesn’t work….I would suggest that you don’t worry about those kinds of things….and just sit back and enjoy yourself.

Anyway, it’s November 2008…..and I’m starting to see all the signs that we will be taking another WDW Christmas trip in 2009. I realize that many of you have just done the math…. and are horrified to discover that that means we would have only 13 months until the vacation. How can anyone properly plan a WDW experience in that pathetically inadequate amount of time? Well, it won’t be easy….but it has been done before....once. Obviously, certain sacrifices will have to be made……like sleeping…..but if we really put our backs into it…..we should be fine. Besides the critical time constraints…..there was also the itsy-bitsy problem that our country’s economy was currently in the crapper......and if I book a vacation that I can’t afford…..I’m going to end up looking like a moron of epic proportions….which I detest. But, you know what.....sometimes in life you’ve just got to have faith. Luckily, Tinkershell has faith enough for the both of us.

As we all know, the first order of business… after making the decision to take a WDW vacation....is to head for the Disboards. Sadly, none of our friends or family members share our degree of obsession with WDW.....but to be fair.....few people do. Thankfully…the Disboards is like a teeming petri dish of Disney addicts. As I was skimming through the various threads.....one in particular caught my eye. It was a thread about Pal Mickeys......and how Disney had decided to discontinue them in their parks. Obviously, I was flabbergasted. According to this thread….Pal Mickey had already been pulled from the stores…..so the only place you could buy one was on-line.

I spent the next couple of weeks searching for a Pal Mickey....but my heart wasn't really in it. To be honest…..I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to buy one….because it just didn’t feel right…..kind of like an act of betrayal. Luckily….the price for Pal Mickeys had gone through the roof.....so, for the most part....the decision was made for me. To be honest…it was the first time I had ever seen a body organ listed under "minimum bid".

I’m not sure why I decided to check that one last time.....but I suspect it was divine intervention. Anyway, I pulled up a Pal Mickey that was going for a song. Apparently, the owner was anxious to sell. As I scrolled down the page.....it described the Pal Mickey as a moderately used 2005 model......dressed in a santa suit.....who was driving this poor guy’s red-headed wife crazy. It also indicated that shipping would cost a little extra…..because this particular Pal Mickey had an unreasonable fear which required a special water-proof packaging. Obviously, I bought him on the spot.

The hardest part was keeping it a secret from the rest of the family...but Christmas Eve finally arrived…..and I wrapped Pal Mickey up and stuck him under the tree.....way in the back…..after poking a couple of air holes in the paper of course...because he didn't want to spend the holidays dead. Anyway, after all the other presents had been opened....Pal Mickey made his triumphant return. If you could have seen the looks on everyone's faces....it was amazing. But...then again....Pal Mickey always did know how to make an entrance. Later...after the kids had scampered off to bed in anticipation of the arrival of jolly old Saint Nick, Tinkershell and Pal Mickey just snuggled up by the fire…..sharing a glass of wine.....while I hung up his stocking on the fireplace with the rest.

I know what you’re thinking…..but Pal Mickey never told us what happened on that fateful day in December 2007.....he said he couldn’t remember. I guess sometimes your brain just suppresses things to help you cope.....even when your brain is computer-ish…. and runs on batteries. I didn’t push it.......I was just thankful to have him back. Besides that.....we had a new trip to plan......Pal Mickey and I.....and time was a wastin'.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #620
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Bravo Bravo! Pal Mickey is back! I'm sitting here at work t-1 hour and 32 minutes before I leave for our trip and you finished! Well done sir, well done! Nothing like some very good news right before we leave on vacation.

Just a thought for your next trip, a collar and leash for Pal Mickey so he doesn't run away or get lost again? Or maybe one of those backpack things thats disguised as a cute puppy, but lets you jerk the little ones back in case they wander too far?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #621
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Me and about 625 million or so other people who will be at all the parks it will seem this coming week. By the way, I never exaggerate
I should hope not! If there's one thing I can't abide......it's people who stretch the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvillians View Post
Awesome, wonderful, fantastic trip report!!! Another lurker here eagerly looking forward to more from the Panic Attack Family someday, hopefully another trip is planned soon! Thanks for the laughs!!
Thanks so much. You are in luck.....we are going back in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I bet you did get an earful.....it must have been awful to be left home alone. Maybe your Pal Mickey can ask Macaulay Culkin for some advice on the best way to recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
Let's start a conspiracy theory then...the Pal Mickeys are all escaping their owners to move to a solar-powered (no cold-handed, generic-battery replacements) desert (no water hazards) gated (no lizards) community...
It's sounds like a wonderful place......someday we should all retire there.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #622
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Bravo Bravo! Pal Mickey is back! I'm sitting here at work t-1 hour and 32 minutes before I leave for our trip and you finished! Well done sir, well done! Nothing like some very good news right before we leave on vacation.

Just a thought for your next trip, a collar and leash for Pal Mickey so he doesn't run away or get lost again? Or maybe one of those backpack things thats disguised as a cute puppy, but lets you jerk the little ones back in case they wander too far?
I did it tlenzendorf. I just couldn't let you go on your vacation without knowing the rest of the story.

Obviously, we have to do something different on our next trip. Sometimes in life...you do get second chances.....but third chances? I don't thinks so.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #623
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Yippee! Mickey's back!

I guess what happened to him will have to remain a mystery for all of time. We can only speculate what might have happened to him. (My guess is some sort of amnesia similar to Kermit in The Muppets take Manhattan. Maybe someday it will all come flooding back to him and we will get to hear his heroic tale.)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #624
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad Pal Mickey found his way back home! Yea!

I'm also excited that you have another trip to plan...looking forward to another wonderful TR from you.

We have a quick weekend trip coming up in October -- booked as a spur of the moment kind of thing (yeah, two months ahead of time is about as spur of the moment as I get!) and we'll only be there two months...not much to plan for an OCD planner like me...but hey, at least it's WDW!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 08-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #625
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Thanks. I appreciate it. For the next 47 minutes I have left hear at work I will wonder what exactly he did and where he was. Little rascal! It makes me sad that I was too much of a cheapskate to buy a Pal Mickey from the Pal Mickey black market they call Ebay. Oh well. As I sit hear aimlessly watching the clock I'm thinking of making a Flat Mickey to enjoy our time with. The nice thing about him is that he can't talk back.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #626
LexisAuntieLala
Mouseketeer

Such a Disney ending to the Pal Mickey story...I laughed, I cried, I cursed the unfairness of it all....yet in the end everything turns out okay (as it should) and you all live happily ever after (unless Tinkershell does not see Wishes this time)....We will be in Disney in December this year right after you...I look forward to all of the stories and gossip around the Magic Kingdom when I get there about "the family that was here last week clutching their Pal Mickey"!!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #627
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
Epilogue:

I spent the next couple of weeks searching for a Pal Mickey....but my heart wasn't really in it. To be honest…..I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to buy one….because it just didn’t feel right…..kind of like an act of betrayal. Luckily….the price for Pal Mickeys had gone through the roof.....so, for the most part....the decision was made for me. To be honest…it was the first time I had ever seen a body organ listed under "minimum bid".

I’m not sure why I decided to check that one last time.....but I suspect it was divine intervention. Anyway, I pulled up a Pal Mickey that was going for a song. Apparently, the owner was anxious to sell. As I scrolled down the page.....it described the Pal Mickey as a moderately used 2005 model......dressed in a santa suit.....who was driving this poor guy’s red-headed wife crazy. It also indicated that shipping would cost a little extra…..because this particular Pal Mickey had an unreasonable fear which required a special water-proof packaging. Obviously, I bought him on the spot.

The hardest part was keeping it a secret from the rest of the family...but Christmas Eve finally arrived…..and I wrapped Pal Mickey up and stuck him under the tree.....way in the back…..after poking a couple of air holes in the paper of course...because he didn't want to spend the holidays dead. Anyway, after all the other presents had been opened....Pal Mickey made his triumphant return. If you could have seen the looks on everyone's faces....it was amazing. But...then again....Pal Mickey always did know how to make an entrance. Later...after the kids had scampered off to bed in anticipation of the arrival of jolly old Saint Nick, Tinkershell and Pal Mickey just snuggled up by the fire…..sharing a glass of wine.....while I hung up his stocking on the fireplace with the rest.

I know what you’re thinking…..but Pal Mickey never told us what happened on that fateful day in December 2007.....he said he couldn’t remember. I guess sometimes your brain just suppresses things to help you cope.....even when your brain is computer-ish…. and runs on batteries. I didn’t push it.......I was just thankful to have him back. Besides that.....we had a new trip to plan......Pal Mickey and I.....and time was a wastin'.
So glad that Pal Mickey has returned.

Thank you for an awesome trip report and I hope that you will do another one after your next trip. While my life has been going through a lot of downers lately your report has lifted my spirits and made me laugh out loud. It is a wonderful gift to be able express yourself in written word and I am very envious of that talent.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Last edited by anut4disney; 08-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #628
Must C Mickey
Mouseketeer

BRAVO BRAVO...I am so happy to see that Pal Mickey made his way back home. Great trip report, now we just have to wait for your dec wdw trip for the next trip report. One question? did u ever see Divine???

1/1995 Offsite, 1/2008 Pop Century, 3/2009 Pop Century, 1/2010 CBR, 1/2011 AS Sports, 2/2012 AS Sports, AofA 12/2013-1/2014.

Around 'The World' in 7 Days - A 2 Family Vaca! (A Jan 2010 TR)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437043
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #629
MineMail
DIS Veteran

An outstanding wrapup to a wonderful TR! Thanks so very much PPA!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #630
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Yippee! Mickey's back!

I guess what happened to him will have to remain a mystery for all of time. We can only speculate what might have happened to him. (My guess is some sort of amnesia similar to Kermit in The Muppets take Manhattan. Maybe someday it will all come flooding back to him and we will get to hear his heroic tale.)
Not a bad theory...I must say. If he ever remembers, I'll let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
I'm so glad Pal Mickey found his way back home! Yea!

I'm also excited that you have another trip to plan...looking forward to another wonderful TR from you.

We have a quick weekend trip coming up in October -- booked as a spur of the moment kind of thing (yeah, two months ahead of time is about as spur of the moment as I get!) and we'll only be there two months...not much to plan for an OCD planner like me...but hey, at least it's WDW!
Yup....I've got my trip planning wing man back again. Hope you have a blast on your weekend trip....even if you don't have time for 18 months of preparation.

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate it. For the next 47 minutes I have left hear at work I will wonder what exactly he did and where he was. Little rascal! It makes me sad that I was too much of a cheapskate to buy a Pal Mickey from the Pal Mickey black market they call Ebay. Oh well. As I sit hear aimlessly watching the clock I'm thinking of making a Flat Mickey to enjoy our time with. The nice thing about him is that he can't talk back.
I'm going to reply even though you're long gone for your WDW trip. You can read this when you get back.....so I hope you had a good trip.....and decided to take along a Flat Mute Mickey with ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexisAuntieLala View Post
Such a Disney ending to the Pal Mickey story...I laughed, I cried, I cursed the unfairness of it all....yet in the end everything turns out okay (as it should) and you all live happily ever after (unless Tinkershell does not see Wishes this time)....We will be in Disney in December this year right after you...I look forward to all of the stories and gossip around the Magic Kingdom when I get there about "the family that was here last week clutching their Pal Mickey"!!
How could a story starring Pal Mickey not have a happy ending? Hopefully, there will be no scandalous stories about the Panic Attacks when you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
So glad that Pal Mickey has returned.

Thank you for an awesome trip report and I hope that you will do another one after your next trip. While my life has been going through a lot of downers lately your report has lifted my spirits and made me laugh out loud. It is a wonderful gift to be able express yourself in written word and I am very envious of that talent.
Thanks so much......and I hope things start looking up for you quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Must C Mickey View Post
BRAVO BRAVO...I am so happy to see that Pal Mickey made his way back home. Great trip report, now we just have to wait for your dec wdw trip for the next trip report. One question? did u ever see Divine???
Thank you....all of a sudden I feel like taking a bow. Let me tell you....I had better see that leafy lady this time......or else.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: