Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #2056
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
No, but she did get to meet Stepmother and her girls, and those are the ones we really wanted to get to for her this time. They were awesome, and we've got the cutest picture of her with them in a sassy little pose.

We want to get Capt. Hook sometime, though, but were happy to get the 'Steps' and Tink and friends this time.

I like to people watch, too.

Whoah, that is far away. You'll have to do some Disney nights at home here and there as you're waiting. Does Disney on Ice come near you? That's always a good dose of the magic.
Can't wait to see Brooklynn with the stepsisters. I thought they were great to meet last year, glad she enjoyed them and Tink too... is that not something else!

MeMom, I think June sounds good when you figured you were for sure not going to get a trip 0n 2010 (although you DISers might not count my trip).

We are seeing Disney on Ice in Sept. Then I hope to catch Mary Poppins on our Broadway tour in April. See the new Princess and the Frog in December. See I have some Disney fun planned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07 View Post
I'm so sad to see your TR end!
All your pictures are great!!! Your kids are adorable
Thanks for your kind words!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #2057
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I plan to get the update done today, I got distracted yesterday with a trip to school... which turned into a night of school work. Life is just getting in the way of DIS, which is why I have to get this done, it would be one less thing to do on the ever growing to do list! I did not plan for Luke to have a double ear infection, hence my DISing at 3:40.

Did everyone see that park hours are coming back out at 180 days along with dining reservations starting October 27th- now that is exciting news!
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #2058
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Can't wait to see Brooklynn with the stepsisters. I thought they were great to meet last year, glad she enjoyed them and Tink too... is that not something else!

MeMom, I think June sounds good when you figured you were for sure not going to get a trip 0n 2010 (although you DISers might not count my trip).

We are seeing Disney on Ice in Sept. Then I hope to catch Mary Poppins on our Broadway tour in April. See the new Princess and the Frog in December. See I have some Disney fun planned...

Yay for Disney on Ice! We're going to see Celebrations in October, so if we don't get to go to Disney World as we are hoping, then at least we have that to look forward to.

Definitely looking forward to The Princess and the Frog here, as well. No Mary Poppins for us, but that would be awesome and will be for you!

I hope Luke feels better very soon for his sake and yours. You are way lucky that this is your first time with ear infections. Mine all had them - Drew the worst (constantly) until he had adenoids removed, bone cut out of his nose that was obstructing breathing, and tubes in ears. After that, he did so much better. I hope Luke's meds work very quickly so he can get comfort and rest and so that Mommy can, too!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #2059
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope Luke begins to feel better soon -- being up at 3:40 in the morning (even if you are DISing) is not any fun!

I am very excited about the return to 180 days! I liked having my ADRs six months in advance so much better!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #2060
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Poor Luke. I hope he feels better fast!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #2061
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Yay for Disney on Ice! We're going to see Celebrations in October, so if we don't get to go to Disney World as we are hoping, then at least we have that to look forward to.

Definitely looking forward to The Princess and the Frog here, as well. No Mary Poppins for us, but that would be awesome and will be for you!

I hope Luke feels better very soon for his sake and yours. You are way lucky that this is your first time with ear infections. Mine all had them - Drew the worst (constantly) until he had adenoids removed, bone cut out of his nose that was obstructing breathing, and tubes in ears. After that, he did so much better. I hope Luke's meds work very quickly so he can get comfort and rest and so that Mommy can, too!
The problem is Luke sleeps the morning away now, but his sisters don't

And those back to school thoughts that swirl around your head are filling me currently.... next Friday comes too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hope Luke begins to feel better soon -- being up at 3:40 in the morning (even if you are DISing) is not any fun!

I am very excited about the return to 180 days! I liked having my ADRs six months in advance so much better!

The only good thing about the 90 days was I was more firm about where I wanted to eat and go, at 180 it is more of a guess. Although the 180 benefits the switchers and planners a bit more, both things I like to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Poor Luke. I hope he feels better fast!
He seems fine, I had no idea, he just looked yucky. He has the same energy, and well since he has never slept good I figured oh boy!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #2062
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I hope that Luke feels better soon and that you're able to get some rest.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #2063
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Photopass pictures from earlier-- oops!

We arrived at the Castle a bit early, we had princesses to dress. The girls wanted to put on their princess gowns, and we did it. We had an Ariel and Cinderella, two new princesses for us (Hannah has always worn Snow White). We changed in the restroom in the lobby of the restaurant again- a great location, and cool!

We had our picture with Cinderella. Since we were a party of seven we got two "free" photos....

Can you see the mice in the picture below... something I did not notice last year!

Headed up the stairs. My dad had never ate at the castle, my mom had but over twenty years ago.... this was fun for them to see!

We were far from the windows, in the upper bowl of the restaurant, but that was okay. We had lots of room, and Luke had room to see around. I was thrilled we had a table big enough, they do not guarantee that for big parties here!
We ordered, Salmon for my mom and I, DH got the pork, my dad the sandwich. We enjoyed the platter before hand, and appreciated the pasta (buttered noodles) they brought for Luke!

They began announcing the princesses, and we saw them pretty quickly! First out....

I really felt that the princesses were not in a hurry this time again. They were super sweet!

Then...

Remember I was disappointed with Snow White at EPCOT, she seemed hurried and did not give the girls the attention the others did that day. This one was fantastic!

and even our little prince got some love!

Time for wishes....

But what we had been most excited about was this girl...

We have never seen Ariel outside of the grotto, and we had missed her this morning! I was shocked when they announced her, I expected Jasmine!
Hannah was thrilled she decided to be Ariel this day, she had debated a lot... and of course Emily was thrilled to see her Ariel!

and Belle!

Dessert was again fantastic here, I think my favorite by far!

We enjoyed the nice air conditioning and headed back out to do a few last rides: Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, It's A Small World, Big Thunder... and we left, saying goodbye to MK. We had decided not to risk or battle the night buses at MK again. My dad was soured to say the least on attempting a night bus again with the kids, and so we decided to swim, start the terrible task of packing and have dinner at CSR. Looking back I am sad we only had one MK night, but I know there will be more! At the time I remember not really being that bothered, I was tired and still wrestling with DVC decisions. We knew we could sign and seal the deal that next morning before flying out, we just had to decide that night-

On the way out I had my CRT pics added to our photopass (it took forever!... don't do this in MK if you can avoid it)

and my tired princesses....

We headed back via bus to CSR, swam, packed and decided no DVC- ha ha! I just did not want to make a rash decision and figure out everything and spend our last morning signing papers. We had dinner at the Pepper Market late. This is where I saw why some people are not fans... I waited forever, literally for my dinner. I decided on the hot wing special at the grille. By the time I got my food my kids, parents and husband were done eating- I have no idea why it took forever!

We packed a lot, watched our last night of Disney tv and slept our last disney dreams....and I was somewhat ready to come home. It was a lot to travel with an infant AND two other kids, and seven park days in a row like we did is exhausting!

Last edited by IluvXU; 08-22-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #2064
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh you have some great pictures of the kids with the princesses! I loved Luke's kiss from Snow White, I remember Em's from last year, do you have one of Hannah?

The picture of both girls with Ariel was fantastic!
I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to spend your last morning signing paperwork. Just packing is enough, especially when you have three children!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #2065
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Another wonderful update, Laura! My favorite pictures from this one are Em holding Tinker Bell, Hannah wishing on her star, and Luke's kiss from Snow White! All are just precious!

I don't blame you for waiting until you got home to make the DVC decision (and I am so glad you decided to buy)!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:53 AM   #2066
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

I think this will be the cutest thing I see all day!

Poor, tired little princesses. They look wiped out!

Another great set of pictures.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #2067
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Awww, the girls look so cute all dressed up for CRT. How awesome that you were able to see Ariel too!

Luke looks so freaking cute with his lipstick kiss.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #2068
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

What a sweet update! Your girls are so cute in their princess dresses and I so love the pictures of Luke with Snow White and the lipstick kiss. The one of he and Belle is awfully sweet also. He looks like he's enjoying the princess attention.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #2069
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So glad that this princess experience was much better, the pictures are adorable. I love when the princesses give the little boys a kiss and leave their mark on them, priceless!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #2070
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

That is so ridiculously cute of Luke with the big kiss on his head!
Looks like your girls loved eating at CRT. We are trying Akershus on our next trip - maybe we'll splurge on CRT another time. I had never heard of Ariel being at CRT - how lucky that you guys got her!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: