Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #151
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Hi Again! Steph, that is cool about Price is Right! I went to the cheesy Vegas one at Bally's once. Hi Dawn, hope your move goes okay. Alzheimers is a tough one. You are such a good cook. I made goulash today, which for me is basically browning some stew meat, throwing in some seasoning, covering with water or broth, adding whatever vegis I have on hand, in cans, fresh or frozen, tomato sauce barley, and then eat it 6 hours later. Major easy, but always good.
I babysat my friends 3 year old today because she had a follow up series of appointments to her 5 year old diabetes diagnosis at the local Children's hospital. Her husband would not go and he expected her to manage the appointments with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and then the 5 year old patient. I don't know what is the matter with some men. Anyhow, he dropped her off to me (who took a day off basically to take care of her??) with nothing. Then I am so distracted right now that I never changed her pants until 6 hours later, and then they were overflowing with pea and poop. I don't know what the heck is the matter with me. Additional sad news was that her little guy also has Celiac disease in addition to the diabetes. I can't believe it. It is manageable, but geesh, trying to control the diabetes is hard enough. He has to have some carbs, and now that will be limited to gluten free carbs only. I just feel so bad for them.
Honestly between them, my Mom (who has been diagnosed with anxiety after several trips to the ER and a ton of testing), and my nephew losing his Dad all in the last 30 days, I just feel weighted down with the impossibility of adequately supporting each of them. I know that the lord does not give you more than you can handle, but I am digging deep right now.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #152
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Morning Chicas!!!!!

Quote:
Hi Again! Steph, that is cool about Price is Right! I went to the cheesy Vegas one at Bally's once. Hi Dawn, hope your move goes okay. Alzheimers is a tough one. You are such a good cook. I made goulash today, which for me is basically browning some stew meat, throwing in some seasoning, covering with water or broth, adding whatever vegis I have on hand, in cans, fresh or frozen, tomato sauce barley, and then eat it 6 hours later. Major easy, but always good.
I babysat my friends 3 year old today because she had a follow up series of appointments to her 5 year old diabetes diagnosis at the local Children's hospital. Her husband would not go and he expected her to manage the appointments with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and then the 5 year old patient. I don't know what is the matter with some men. Anyhow, he dropped her off to me (who took a day off basically to take care of her??) with nothing. Then I am so distracted right now that I never changed her pants until 6 hours later, and then they were overflowing with pea and poop. I don't know what the heck is the matter with me. Additional sad news was that her little guy also has Celiac disease in addition to the diabetes. I can't believe it. It is manageable, but geesh, trying to control the diabetes is hard enough. He has to have some carbs, and now that will be limited to gluten free carbs only. I just feel so bad for them.
Honestly between them, my Mom (who has been diagnosed with anxiety after several trips to the ER and a ton of testing), and my nephew losing his Dad all in the last 30 days, I just feel weighted down with the impossibility of adequately supporting each of them. I know that the lord does not give you more than you can handle, but I am digging deep right now.
Oh big hugs, Tracey. You're a very strong woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I'm so happy to be on the internet again! At least I snagged a bf while I was away!!!

Quote:
OMG I totally forgot about the BBear thing!!! I'm so glad we went out to dinner it was so great and I hope your anniversary was awesome
Yes! We went to Black Angus and I ate my little heart out! And I drank a whole 32 oz margarita by myself! I couldn't believe it.

I had fun with chu!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #153
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Big hugs Tracey, I know you must feel overwhelmed. You are one tough cookie though, and your faith will see yo through.

Quote:
I'm so happy to be on the internet again! At least I snagged a bf while I was away!!!
WTG!

Quote:
No! I miss you all too. I'm not going to lie. I've been snagged by an awesomely sweet guy from school (very cute too) who took care of me when I was sick. His internet is good so that's where I am now.

Hopefully my internet situation at home will resolve itself shortly because I try to get my DisDiva fix almost every night and fail. B!
How sweet! My BFF met her DH on the first day of college when we all moved into the dorms. Maybe he'll be a keeper!?!

Steph!!!! Good luck on the Price is Right! My mother went to a taping years ago. Do you have your I *heart* Drew shirt ready to wear? Did you take a gift for Drew? Jump around and act like a fool so that you can win a car (or a lovely dinette set )

Not much happening here. Nathan had an 'autistic' day yesterday-toe walking, repetitive language, lining things up, moving stuff from one box to another while 'in the zone'. I hope he has a better day today. The video I sent to the autism center last night was awful, but that might be good. Maybe they will have suggestions to help me help him. (I upload 3 videos a week, and they help me come up with strategies to make things better and help him talk more. It's part of the research project, and I will be doing it for 3 months.)

Nolan has discovered that if he climbs on top of the table, he can turn the lights on and off. I told Stacie on FB yesterday, that I'm going to end up in the ER many times with him. He's 'all boy' as they say.

I made another pampered chef recipe for dinner last night. It was the taco ring (Stacie says it's her DS18's favorite). It was so yummy! DH had 3rds!

I hope everyone has a great day. Talk with you all later.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #154
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Good morning, Divas!!

Steph, that is so cool about the Price is Right

Quote:
Tracey, hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I made another pampered chef recipe for dinner last night. It was the taco ring (Stacie says it's her DS18's favorite). It was so yummy! DH had 3rds!
Oooh, what's a taco ring???

Bridgette - yay for sweet boys
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #155
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Tracey.. ..be kind to you.

Heather.. Taco Ring Tease! Share the recipe, Please Ma'aM. You are right in showing the reality of the situation.. It might not be pretty but they need to see that and can help you better. Hey..you should write a book about this experience!

Steph... i am going to call my Daddy right now and tell him you are going to the price is right.. he always tells me..why don't you go when you visit california..he will be so proud of you! i've shown him all the pictures of my diva friends..because he always hears me talking about ya'll and my mom talks about you all too. So he will be happy! Win a car, Steph! OOhh wear Your military uniform..they like that!

Bridgette... woooOOooHoo..a new boyfriend!

Courtney... you are a funnY monKeY! Hey sometimes a girl just needs a reaLLy super big very cold margariTa!

Sarah...you are a strong woman and so loving to your family.. *big hugs*

Theresa... bought any red lipstick lately? it would look soooo great on you with your hair colour! Try..Iman..red!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #156
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...p?recipe=87383

I made it with 1.5 pounds beef, and 2 cups of cheese with 1/4 cup of cheese on top.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #157
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Good morning my favorite Divas!

I found you! I haven't had a chance to read back but I'll try to catch up tonight. Hope everyone is well and that you all had a great weekend!

We got back from Seattle/Victoria last night and all I have to say is I LOVED Victoria. Such a beautiful city, flowers everywhere, very friendly people, and would be great for a romantic getaway. We did and saw a lot and we are all very tired this morning. It might take most of the week to catch up but it was so worth it to visit Victoria!

I'll post pictures later on my FB account later.

Have a great Tuesday!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #158
Queenbillabong
Just like melted butter

Quote:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...p?recipe=87383

I made it with 1.5 pounds beef, and 2 cups of cheese with 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
Oooh, that looks really good!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #159
Queenbillabong
Just like melted butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Good morning my favorite Divas!

I found you! I haven't had a chance to read back but I'll try to catch up tonight. Hope everyone is well and that you all had a great weekend!

We got back from Seattle/Victoria last night and all I have to say is I LOVED Victoria. Such a beautiful city, flowers everywhere, very friendly people, and would be great for a romantic getaway. We did and saw a lot and we are all very tired this morning. It might take most of the week to catch up but it was so worth it to visit Victoria!

I'll post pictures later on my FB account later.

Have a great Tuesday!

Yay for Canadian vacations We actually had our honeymoon 18 years ago in Victoria, so it has a special place in my heart. It is very beautiful there - especially in the summer when the flowers are all in bloom. Glad you had a nice time!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #160
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
WTG!!!

I'm being a lazy bunny right now. Could not get up this morning. so have been working at home (although right now Ms. Sally is plowing my farm). Now I have to put on makeup and get dressed for work.

Tracey: that was so sweet of you to take your friend's child so she could go to the appt. I often ask myself what are men thinking (don't answer that)

Steph: good luck on the Price is Right and great job on the birthday!

Dawn: my friend, you never cease to amaze me.

Everyone else--hope you're having a great Tuesday.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #161
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
I hope you all have a nice night. I'll report back about the Price is Right and whether I get selected or win anything.

steph
Hi Steph! First off, happy, happy birthday to Selena!
Second, I am sorry you are having to go through that surgery. I hope things go smoothly, and the recovery isn't too bad.
And finally, good luck on the Price is Right. How fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
DH said that while my ds was in toes up time he was crying and calling out for me I feel so bad. Haven't seen him since sunday at 3pm.

Quote:
Oh Tracey, hang in there hon.

Quote:
Nice!

Quote:

I hope everyone has a great day. Talk with you all later.
Yum! That pic looks so good.
I hope your day is better today.

Quote:

We got back from Seattle/Victoria last night and all I have to say is I LOVED Victoria.
Welcome back! Glad to hear you loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

I'm being a lazy bunny right now. Could not get up this morning.
I posted on FB this morning how much I hate getting up early. It bites.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #162
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Morning ladies!! I hope you all have a good day. Talk to you later.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #163
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Good morning!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #164
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Hi ladies,

Steph - Ooooh, good luck on the Price is Right!!!

Tracey - Babe, you're a trooper!

Bridgette - got a new boyyyyyyfriend! (singing)

Heather - I think it's amazing all that you're doing with Nathan. You are an inspiration to me!

Lots of hugs for all my other Divas. I love you all!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #165
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
My favorite breakfast is yogurt and homemade granola.
Homemade granola?!?! Do you have a recipe? I love granola, but so hard to get good ones without nuts in the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
My surgery is scheduled for Sept 10th. I'm still worried about what the growth is but there's nothing I can do until then so I'm trying to keep my mind off of it.

Tomorrow is Selena's 8th Birthday. I really don't know where time goes... But instead I was told about a day after the conference was cancelled that I was selected (along with 24 other military members) to go on the Veteran's Day Price Is Right that will be filmed tomorrow. Sorry for rambling. Kind of weird that they film the show 2 months before it will be aired.
and Happy Birthday to Selena!

Good luck on the Price is Right! My coach back in HS went on & won a car. But she didn't get it & couldn't tell anyone about it until the show aired.

Quote:
I babysat my friends 3 year old today because she had a follow up series of appointments to her 5 year old diabetes diagnosis at the local Children's hospital. Her husband would not go and he expected her to manage the appointments with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and then the 5 year old patient. I don't know what is the matter with some men. Additional sad news was that her little guy also has Celiac disease in addition to the diabetes. I can't believe it. It is manageable, but geesh, trying to control the diabetes is hard enough. He has to have some carbs, and now that will be limited to gluten free carbs only. I just feel so bad for them.

Tracey - you are so nice for babysitting!!! I don't know about some men either, it seems like some just don't get the "dad" thing - esp when they are baby/toddler age.

Quote:
I'm not going to lie. I've been snagged by an awesomely sweet guy from school (very cute too) who took care of me when I was sick. His internet is good so that's where I am now.

Hopefully my internet situation at home will resolve itself shortly because I try to get my DisDiva fix almost every night and fail. B!
OOOOOOhhhhhh! Exciting.

Quote:
Fun. How was the weather?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: