Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #526
pmama
DIS Veteran

Does sound like you had the perfect Disney day!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #527
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Your boys are so cute! I love your updates!! it seems like this is such a great vacation!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #528
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
GREAT update Diane! So glad you had a better Coral Reef experience than us. You are too sweet saying those things : ) Thank you, such a good friend! Glad you guys had a good day too, such fun reading about it. We had such fun this day too!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! I didn't say anything that wasn't true! It was a fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3stitch626 View Post
great update
so excited to hear about the boardwalk!!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Sounds like a wonderful day.

Glad u had a great experience at Coral Reef. Yay for turtle being okay

Glad Tim spoke up so your boys could play games, too

I can't stand when parents do that, when they know there are other kids waiting..one of my pet peeves

That is so nice that your family and Lesley family have become such great friends

Bummer on having to leave your new friends, but yay on Boardwalk

Can't wait to see some pics of there
Thanks Kelly! Yes, Tim was our hero that night! I was so happy to have a good experience at Coral reef too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
What a fun day taking in the hidden gems of EPCOT. You showed so many things we don't get to, but should enjoy as my kids get bigger.

What a fun night at the pool.... and dinner.
Thanks Laura, the hidden games was what made the day so much fun! We did have a fun day that day! How did your DVC ressies go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
We really need to give Innoventions another try. We went once on our first trip and I wasn't feeling well. I don't remember any of those games so it must be in the other building.

You've really had some wonderful days! Oh - and the whole turtle thing...

Whenever we go to the aquarium here in VA Beach, there are sea turtles in this one tank. And there's always one turtle who is on the bottom - not moving. Must just be a turtle thing.
Carissa, you would LOVE innoventions now...alot of the games are new but so much fun and very educational in a kid friendly way! We were very scared for that turtle...but after your story, you are probably right, it's just a turtle thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
Hi Diane. Great update! Sounds like it was a very relaxing no worries type of day at Disney. Someday I hope to be able to do something like that.
Thanks so much, it was a no worry type of day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great update Diane ! Loved all the pics of your and Lesley's families. So cute to the kids playing together. Have a great time in Aruba !
Thanks so much! We had a GREAT time with Tim, Lesley and the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post
That velcro game looks SO much fun! We are definitely going to have to try to fit that in!

Loving your TR, BTW. Your family is gorgeous!
You are too sweet, thank you so much! Glad you are liking the TR and posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
That's what you get for running past all those buildings in FutureWorld...I never knew that they had so many games in there.
I LOL'd at your comment...we used to run by all the buildings too..finally stopped to smell the roses on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Im lov'n your TR so far it's great. Im doing my best to catch up . (I've been reading 2 weeks so far and still not done. It must be great to go to Disney for 15 days. Wish I could but DH would NEVER EVER allow it.
Thanks so much for trying trying to catch up and posting! I LOVE writing these TR's so I am glad when people enjoy them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
That sounds like an absolutely perfect, no-rush kind of day. Those are my favorites.
They are great aren't they! Your trip is soon right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Great update - innoventions looks like a blast! So fun the kids got to be in the velcro show. Pool time looked fun too, you guys will have a great time next year together. How fun for the kids to have vacation buddies!
Thanks so much! The velcro show is so fun! It was GREAT having vacation buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Looks like a great Epcot day, love the pics too as always . Glad you didn't get Rico at Coral reef and on the tank side table. Seriously that turtle always looks dead. Your update looks a lot like Lesley's . That is funny that Eric's likes the Mets, does Bryan like them also? Tommy is a Mets fan and my dad is Yankess fan. As long as it's a NY/NJ team I'm good
Your sweet Nichole thanks! I am a Mets fan and so is my mom and my grandmother was too! Bryan is not so much into baseball but LOVES the NY GIANTS! Glad I am not the only one who thinks that turtle looked dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Does sound like you had the perfect Disney day!
Thanks so much, it truly was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Your boys are so cute! I love your updates!! it seems like this is such a great vacation!!
Thanks for the sweet comments about the boys! It was a great vacation!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #529
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

great update-- I am really enjoying your happy family photos
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #530
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a fun day! We won't be able to enjoy those parts of Epcot for a few years, so it is nice to read about all the fun activities.

It looks like you guys had so much fun with Tim and Lesley.

I'm excited to hear about the Boardwalk. I have always wanted to stay there.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #531
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a fun day! We won't be able to enjoy those parts of Epcot for a few years, so it is nice to read about all the fun activities.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #532
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
great update-- I am really enjoying your happy family photos
Thanks so much Shannon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post

We really did have a great time with Tim and Lesley! The Innovention activities are a lot of fun!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #533
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you all were having a great time. I didn't even know all that stuff you did was in Epcot. We don't usually slow down and take time for the small stuff. I am glad you had a perfect Disney day.

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #534
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 12

So this is the day that we were moving over to the Boardwalk! It was quite a huge task packing up after being at SSR for 12 days! I woke up before everyone else and started packing...NOT FUN! This was the last day for us to use our deluxe dining credits and we had breakfast scheduled at the Cape May Cafe over at the Beach Club at 10:00am! About 8:15 Bryan called Bell Services to come and get our luggage and then we headed over to the Carriage House to check out and call for a taxi! I finally took some pictures of the lobby....

The hallway leading to the Artist Palette...

My boys...

The last few pictures of SSR...

We waited quite a bit for our taxi! Tim had given us the number of the guy they had used but unfortunately, he didn't start working until 10am! So finally a taxi pulls up and we all get in. The kids and I are in the back and Bryan sits up front! I knew immediately that this ride was going to be a disaster when the driver said where are you headed and we replied "Boardwalk Resort", he got a confused look on his face and plugged Boardwalk into his Tom Tom GPS device! I had a good idea of how to get there but I just sat back and watched! WELL....the guy had NO CLUE where he was going! The Tom Tom was malfunctioning and kept telling him "make a u turn" over and over and over again! We ended up heading towards the Animal Kingdom...so finally I spoke up and said "this is not the right way" so I took out my i phone (thank god for i phone) and started up the gps and I had to tell the taxi driver how to get to the Boardwalk!!!!! Too funny, we in the middle of an intersection nowhere near the Boardwalk and the Tom Tom says "you have arrived at your destination" OK....YEAH! So finally we pull up to the Boardwalk and we all breathed a HUGE sigh of relief until I saw the taxi fare.....the meter said $46!!! WHAT!!! The driver said "just give me what you think is fair" We knew it would be about $12 bucks so that is what we gave him and he was THRILLED, I think he was expecting nothing!! So with that mess behind us, we walked into the beautiful Boardwalk! We had a Boardwalk view reserved aand I knew there was NO WAY our room was going to be ready. So imagine my surprise when we check in and the woman says "well, you have received some pixie dust" our room was ready and we were on a high floor just like I had requested!!! We went up to our room to check it out!

Entry way!

Random room pictures, we were in a studio!

We LOVED our room! It was very clean but i couldn't help but notice that the rooms really need some TLC, so glad they are now under a refurb!! We were starving at this point so we made our way over to the Cape May Cafe!

The boys waiting!

We had never been here before and were excited to give it a try!

the food was VERY GOOD and the atmosphere was a lot of fun! We had great service too, all around a GREAT meal!

Eric and Donald were discussing something...

Whatever it was cracked Donald up!

Goofy came by next!

After our yummy breakfast, we walked back over to the Boardwalk and just took in the sights......

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST.....

Last edited by dddisrunner; 08-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #535
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 12 continued...

We walked back over towards the Boardwalk and took some pictures along the way!

That was are balcony, the one to the left!

We decided to head upstairs and put our suits on and swim!

The boys waiting for the elevator....

Hidden Mickeys!

Beautiful decor near the elevators...

A disser had this sign on their door!

Entry to what we think was a grand villa....

The views from our balcony! Ahhh!

Matthew on the balcony!

We finally got ourselves together and made our way to the pool only to find out that it was CLOSED due to lightening strikes in the area....BUMMER! So we took a seat and waited!

I took a few pictures of the pool while it was closed!

The slide!

Leaping Libations, the pool bar!

Decor around the pool...

Playground and kiddie pool!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST...

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #536
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 12 continued again!

The pool finally opened back up and everyone RAN to claim some chairs! The boys were chomping at the bit to go on the slide!

Matthew sliding down!

Bryan's turn!

Eric heading up!

YEAH Eric!

The pool bar let you refill your mugs, but they wouldn't fill the mugs, they gave you what you wanted in plastic cups! The boys had a blast being able to run over to the bar and ask for refills all by themselves!

This picture was taken right before Eric got yelled at for drinking too close to the pool! They were VERY strict about this!

The skies started looking ominous....

Bryan had just started to relax!

The boys started to get hungry and we had 4 CS credits that we needed to use up so Bryan walked over to the Boardwalk Bakery and used 2 CS credits for us all to share and then used 2 CS credits for breakfast items that we would save for tomorrow morning! After our lunch, the pool CM's started preparing for some games! Bingo was first! Bryan went up and bought 8 cards at $1.00 each. Bryan and Eric were going to play together and Matthew and I were going to play together!

The boards were color coded and yellow was first! You had to get one line vertical and one line horizontal to win!

The boys waiting to play!

Well to our surprise Matthew WON! He was so excited and had all the prizes to choose from and there were some GREAT prizes! He ended up choosing Electronic Battleship!

Things sort of went downhill from here.....During the 2nd game, you had to get all the numbers around the outside of your card to make it look like a picture frame! Well they called all the numbers but 4 and nobody had won yet so of course when she called the next number there were about 6 winners. One of the winners was Eric! When we yelled Bingo, this snotty mom yelled "AGAIN"! I ignored her and Bryan walked up with Eric to claim his prize! Well, Eric was 2nd in line and Bryan handed the CM the bingo card and she put it to the side! She then took care of the 4 other winners and then Bryan said "we won too" the CM then said well where is your card. Bryan explained that he had already given it to her and she put it to the side. She then had the nerve to ask Bryan if he was telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT! Bryan was getting really MAD! It takes a TON to make him mad! Well the CM says "I guess I am just going to have to take your word for it!" Well of course now that all the other kids chose their prizes already there wasn't much left for Eric to pick from so he ended up with some Play Doh, which he actually was happy with! I realized that Matthew had already won but we paid for all of our boards JUST LIKE everyone else! That CM was rude beyond belief and by this point we were all FED UP! We had 4 boards left and had NO desire to play anymore so we gave the remaining boards to a very nice family that had 2 children that were sitting near us! They thanked us and as I walked away I heard the mom say "that was very nice of them to do that" in the end that made me feel good but the whole experience left such a sour feeling in my stomach and put a damper on our afternoon!

We left the pool and went upstairs to shower and relax!

Matthew LOVING the balcony!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST....

Last edited by dddisrunner; 08-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #537
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

More of day 12

After about an hour or 2 of cooling off both mentally and physically, it was time to get ready for our dinner at the Flying Fish! I had read MANY wonderful reviews and we were excited to try it for ourselves!

So nice just walking right downstairs to eat! We left our room 15 minutes before our ADR time!

This restaurant is beautiful! It is smaller then I thought it would be but beautiful none the less!

Matthew enjoying his mickey mouse (aka shirley temple)

Eric peaking around his soda!

I had a fresh mozzarella and tomato appetizer and it was YUMMY!

Bryan had the gulf shrimp cocktail which he liked...

Me and my boys!

I don't remember what Bryan had, mine was the NY strip...

Here is Bryan's...

It was a DELICIOUS meal! We were too full for dessert!

A family portrait!

We stepped outside and saw this guy setting up!

People getting onto the Friendship boat!

We decided to walk on the Boardwalk a bit, taking some pictures along the way!

We decided to head over to Epcot to see if we could catch Illuminations! For some reason I looked in my bag and could not find my little change purse that had my credit card, license and cash in it...I FREAKED OUT! Bryan remembered seeing it on the bed so he ran back upstairs to check and not 1 minute after he left I found it in my bag, it was in the back compartment that doesn't zip, this happened A LOT!!! I send Matthew running after Bryan and he caught him at the elevator!

This is what we were looking for!

We then made our way around the boardwalk into Epcot!

LOVE these decorations!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #538
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 12 the end!

Once we got into Epcot, Bryan and Eric stayed on the bridge between the United kingdom and France while Matthew and I went on a search for some popcorn and drinks to enjoy during Illuminations! Finally in Canada we found a popcorn stand! With no time to spare we came back and found Bryan and Eric!

Some firework pics. sorry for the poor quality!

After Illuminations we headed back towards the International Gateway! It was such a relief knowing that we didn't have to fight the crowds for busses and could just walk back to our resort!!!

We stopped in the gift shop by the Gateway first!

Bryan posing with his favorite character...NOT!

Bryan being Goofy!

A happy Eric, this would soon change!

Some pictures on the way out!

Some more Boardwalk hallway pictures!

Eric posing with his pressed penny he made on the way to Epcot!

So, after a roller coaster of a day we were all EXHAUSTED and got ready for bed! Around 11:45 Eric woke up and he was moaning and coughing and all of the sudden he PUKES all over the sofa bed!!! I jumped up and brought him to the bathroom but he didn't puke anymore. I cleaned him up while Bryan called housekeeping. They were at our room with a full change of linens and pillows within 5 minutes! We quickly changed the bed and the housekeeper took the soiled linens away and we all fell back asleep. I ended up sleeping on the couch with Eric because I wanted to be close by and Matthew slept with Bryan in the bed! THANKFULLY Eric did not get sick again!

Coming up next:

A unique trip around Crescent Lake

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Who knew!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #539
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Aw that stinks Eric got sick

What a rude pool CM! I would have gotten the supervisor after that interaction! After spending so much $$$ I don't stand for that! My parents had a rude CM check them in at AKL, and when I heard this we went back and spoke to a manager, I have zero tolerance for that sort of thing to GUESTS.

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #540
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
They are great aren't they! Your trip is soon right?

Yes, 9/20.
THen again on 12/18.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: