Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #136
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

KerrrrrrrrrrrTggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.... yes ... a mindful act to be happy. Safe travels to You and come back sooN.

So i've been in the kitchen making allll kinds of wonderfuL things to take to my mother and father in law's this weekend. The house smells so yummmmmmY!! I made homemade spaghetti sauce and it's slow baking to get extra rich and thick. I have a smoked green chili and pork soup simmering. Also made some hummus. Tomorrow I will bake cookies and the next day some cupcakes for them.
My mom is so sweet she's going to go with us to help them pack, as they are moving.
I'm anticipating it will be hard with my mother in law's alzheimer's. So we leave on thursday and come home on monday night. I'm cooking and freezing so when I get there, meals will be easy to prepare for 5.

Katie.. if anyone deserved a really super great weekend, You did! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Wow.. a waterfall.. how magical.

Last edited by fairykin; 08-10-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #137
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hola!
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #138
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
KerrrrrrrrrrrTggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.... yes ... a mindful act to be happy. Safe travels to You and come back sooN.

So i've been in the kitchen making allll kinds of wonderfuL things to take to my mother and father in law's this weekend. The house smells so yummmmmmY!! I made homemade spaghetti sauce and it's slow baking to get extra rich and thick. I have a smoked green chili and pork soup simmering. Also made some hummus. Tomorrow I will bake cookies and the next day some cupcakes for them.
My mom is so sweet she's going to go with us to help them pack, as they are moving.
I'm anticipating it will be hard with my mother in law's alzheimer's. So we leave on thursday and come home on monday night. I'm cooking and freezing so when I get there, meals will be easy to prepare for 5.

Katie.. if anyone deserved a really super great weekend, You did! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Wow.. a waterfall.. how magical.
Dawn, you are just the bestest!

And I love the pic in your avetar.

Off to make Sloppy Joe's for dinner. We had lobster last night. We just eat what we like, DH & I are like two peas in a pod that way. Speaking of, Anderson's Pea Soup - YUMMO! Glad you had a nice trip, Katie welcome back.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #139
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandmattsmom View Post
Hi everybody! Well my surgery isn't until tomorrow at 6am. As my family says I will be having a full remodel! Haven't been able to get on the board lately been tooo busy! Trying to get everything done before I can't lift more than 10 lbs for 3 months. We are going school shopping today and getting pedicures. I am on a lovely clear liquid diet today (ok I snuck 1 diet coke in this morning) and get to do all that lower prep stuff tonight. Will try to jump on again before bed. My daughter isn't handling it to well, she's 15 and a little emotional. Well I'm hoping to have more time on the boards after I get home from the hospital!

Patty
I will be praying for a safe and quick recovery for you. I hope your DD will do OK tomorrow. Take care, and look forward to hearing how everythinkg went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Eek!!! A life without bread is no life at all.
That is the absolute truth. I love bread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Today is the first day of school for DD14. And her first day of high school!! That's scary and fun all at the same time. She was nervous, but so excited!! Then she spilled a whole can of Slim Fast on her bedroom carpet! What a mess, I still haven't gotten it all cleaned up!!
Aw..............I hope she had fun, and wasn't too worried about everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Just a few quick highlights from our trip:

-Wine tasting at some winery in Napa??? (can't remember the name)
-Sierra Nevada brewery in Chico. Boy beer really stinks when they are making it. It made me & DS sick .
-Burney Falls (what a beautiful waterfall). It was a large waterfall with a bunch of smaller waterfalls (I'll try to post a picture).
-I got eaten by mosquitos while camping.
-Jelly Belly factory tour (love me some jelly bellies).
-Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (it was fun, but definitely not Disney). But I did love that it was a mix between themepark & animals. We got to pet an elephant, feed giraffes, sea lions & dolphins, see white tigers & ride some rides.
-California Science Academy museum in San Francisco. This gots to be the BEST museum ever. It was so cool & I could have spent a few days there.
-Bubba Gumps & Ghiradella on Pier 39. I had a gift card for Bubbas or else we would have ate somewhere else.
-Pea Soup Andersons on the way home. My kids saw this on the food network and were excited to eat her. It was cute & the pea soup was good.
-Solvang for some danishes.

Well that was the jist was our trip. My grandma had a wonderful birthday & was so happy to have all of her kids, grandkids & great-grandkids there.
What a grand vacation!! I have been to that museum quite a few times with my kids for their 8th grade trips. It is alot of fun! Thanks for your well wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post

Happy Bday to Mel and Courtney.
Thanks Tracey, and just to let you know.............you are coming on this trip. No excuses lady!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Last year, she wasn't having anything for breakfast so this is better than nothing. And it's got protein in it, which will hold her until lunch time. We're trying to figure out something for her for breakfast and this was the first thing to do. She doesn't like the Carnation Instant Breakfast stuff too much, but she will eat yogurt (like mom) so that may work as well. It just needs to be something quick, and a drink is easier because she can drink it on the way to school.

Onto a different topic, I found a Toy Story Midway Mania strategy guide on YouTube, just for you, Donna!!
Stacie, I undetstand completely about Alyson. When kids, especiallly girls are trying to get ready for school, time is of the essence. Last year, in the winter, Kaitlyn had hot chocolate for alot of her breakfasts. Not the best, but at least she got some milk into her. I used to always skip breakfast in HS, so I am not a good example to look up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post

I love the yogurt smoothies you can buy for a quick breakfast. They are not cheap though. Nothing beats a granola bar in my book. I eat one around 6 am and it holds me until I eat lunch around 12:30 (on a good day).
My favorite breakfast is yogurt and homemade granola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
No one, and I mean no one, is as bad as I am.
Well, I am right there with you. I stink at Buzz and Midway, but I still think they are a blast.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #140
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
WOW! It seems like schools are starting earlier & earlier every year!
They are they are! It seems like summers are so short now. Kaitlyn starts on Thursday. And my oldest grandson starts too. It is so sad, to see myn babies growing up so fast.

Quote:

Hmmm!! I can almost smell the cooking. Yum!!

I pray for a good weekend with your in law's move. I know it will be hard. You are one smart lady, to work now, so you can rest better when you will need it later.
(Did you understand that gibberish?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hola!
Hola back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post

Off to make Sloppy Joe's for dinner. We had lobster last night. We just eat what we like, DH & I are like two peas in a pod that way. Speaking of, Anderson's Pea Soup - YUMMO! Glad you had a nice trip, Katie welcome back.
Wow! You go from lobster to sloppy joes. Gotta love the life of almost empty nesters..............Aye? (That was for Theresa and BC lover, Sorry I forgot your name. I'm going to go look it up again).
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #141
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
My favorite breakfast is yogurt and homemade granola.
That's mine, too! Just ask the Vegas ladies... they laughed at me, but I love it!!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #142
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

I like to add fresh blueberies and/or strawberries to my yogurt parfaits. Best. Breakfast. Ever.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #143
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I like to add fresh blueberies and/or strawberries to my yogurt parfaits. Best. Breakfast. Ever.
The yogurt I buy has a little cup of fruit on the top that you mix in; it's sweetened with honey, it's Nancy's yogurt. There's strawberry, blueberry & raspberry. They are SO good!!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #144
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Hmmm!! I can almost smell the cooking. Yum!!

I can totally see up your nose!!!!

Wow! You go from lobster to sloppy joes. Gotta love the life of almost empty nesters..............Aye? (That was for Theresa and BC lover, Sorry I forgot your name. I'm going to go look it up again).

Hey, that's eh, I'll have you know - pronounced A as in Hay, hmpff! And it's Angie..... Remember, Theresa and Angie are the cool Canadians with the same b-day!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #145
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hola!
Hey Miss Sarah.

Quote:
Off to make Sloppy Joe's for dinner. We had lobster last night. We just eat what we like, DH & I are like two peas in a pod that way.
That's cool. I'm a simple gal. I'd love the sloppy joes and pass on the lobster. I've never tried lobster and don't think I ever will. It's nice you and your DH have the same varied tastes.

Quote:
That is hard. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Quote:
Well, I am right there with you. I stink at Buzz and Midway, but I still think they are a blast.
I stink at them too!! But I love them, especially Midway.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #146
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Hi everyone!

Dawn you are a busy woman...mind if I stop by for some yummy food??? (insert begging smilie and drooling one as well). I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and hoping for a quick, easy move.

My surgery is scheduled for Sept 10th. I'm still worried about what the growth is but there's nothing I can do until then so I'm trying to keep my mind off of it.

I hope you all had a nice day today. I can't believe that my kids' school starts next Monday. Tomorrow is Selena's 8th Birthday. I really don't know where time goes. We celebrated her birthday this evening because I was supposed to be leaving for a conference tomorrow, but it was cancelled ). So then we thought we'd celebrate her birthday on her birthday shocking I know but it seems that quite often I have to be out of town during their birthdays (so we celebrate them earlier or later than they really are). But instead I was told about a day after the conference was cancelled that I was selected (along with 24 other military members) to go on the Veteran's Day Price Is Right that will be filmed tomorrow. Sorry for rambling. Kind of weird that they film the show 2 months before it will be aired.

Selena didn't mind having her party tonight. She picked out dinner and what kind of cake she wanted me to make, triple chocolate. And of course she loved getting her birthday present early. We're taking her to see Disney Princesses on Ice in October, making a short weekend out of it. We're going to go out for dinner, go to the show, and stay at a hotel in that city.

I hope you all have a nice night. I'll report back about the Price is Right and whether I get selected or win anything.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #147
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I love your daughters name, we have a Keira too!
Sweet! We had a hard time deciding on the spelling but finally decided on K-I-E-R-A...we pronounce it key ERa. My dad keeps trying to call her KEYra. Drives me nuts!

Sarah

PS....guess where I am....hee hee hee.... Double today that is almost done and another double tomorrow. DH said that while my ds was in toes up time he was crying and calling out for me I feel so bad. Haven't seen him since sunday at 3pm.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #148
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hi Again! Steph, that is cool about Price is Right! I went to the cheesy Vegas one at Bally's once. Hi Dawn, hope your move goes okay. Alzheimers is a tough one. You are such a good cook. I made goulash today, which for me is basically browning some stew meat, throwing in some seasoning, covering with water or broth, adding whatever vegis I have on hand, in cans, fresh or frozen, tomato sauce barley, and then eat it 6 hours later. Major easy, but always good.
I babysat my friends 3 year old today because she had a follow up series of appointments to her 5 year old diabetes diagnosis at the local Children's hospital. Her husband would not go and he expected her to manage the appointments with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and then the 5 year old patient. I don't know what is the matter with some men. Anyhow, he dropped her off to me (who took a day off basically to take care of her??) with nothing. Then I am so distracted right now that I never changed her pants until 6 hours later, and then they were overflowing with pea and poop. I don't know what the heck is the matter with me. Additional sad news was that her little guy also has Celiac disease in addition to the diabetes. I can't believe it. It is manageable, but geesh, trying to control the diabetes is hard enough. He has to have some carbs, and now that will be limited to gluten free carbs only. I just feel so bad for them.
Honestly between them, my Mom (who has been diagnosed with anxiety after several trips to the ER and a ton of testing), and my nephew losing his Dad all in the last 30 days, I just feel weighted down with the impossibility of adequately supporting each of them. I know that the lord does not give you more than you can handle, but I am digging deep right now.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #149
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy to be on the internet again! At least I snagged a bf while I was away!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #150
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Bridgette (BB Bear! ) and I had a great time at dinner. She is such a doll. I can't wait til we hang out again. She's feeling a bit better and I told her all the well wishes everyone sent her. She's been so busy with school and being sick. Poor thing.
OMG I totally forgot about the BBear thing!!! I'm so glad we went out to dinner it was so great and I hope your anniversary was awesome

Quote:
Bridgette - is your internet fixed yet? I miss you on the boards, girl!

No! I miss you all too. I'm not going to lie. I've been snagged by an awesomely sweet guy from school (very cute too) who took care of me when I was sick. His internet is good so that's where I am now.

Hopefully my internet situation at home will resolve itself shortly because I try to get my DisDiva fix almost every night and fail. B!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: