Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Talking CAN'T A GIRL GET SOME READERS? Pic Heavy PTR: 2 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE!!! Update (9/9)

Woooohooo!! We're going to Disney World!!!!! Can you believe it? I can't! Not until next week when I book and pay for it. Then my teddy bear of a hubby can't change his mind! This trip has been put off MANY times so I am in shock!!

This is my first pre-trip report and my first trip to Disney World! Sorry I can't stop saying it!! We're going to Disney World!!! I bring it up in nearly every conversation I have. "Yes I would love a refill, by the way we're going to Disney World!" "Yes I faxed all the paperwork this morning boss, don't forget I'm going to Disney World." I am pretty sure my DH is already tired of the words, but I keep reminding him that if we had made the plans months ahead then it would have been ALOT more. LOL

Needless to say I am excited!!!!!!! The kiddos don't know yet, and we aren't sure if we are going to tell them. DD(2) wouldn't really understand. DS(4) might but since he has never been he wouldn't really understand the excitement. I think little surprises at a time might be best. We're going on a plane, the resort, the pool and Disney World. Have I mentioned we're going to Disney World?!?!?

First let me introduce you to our little cast o' characters....

Meet: Me aka Mommy aka Sara. I am 26 and I love Disney!!! Always have always will! I run the child care at a health club so Disney is always on in one form or another. Give me old Disney movies or shows and I will happily sit and watch them for hours. When I was little I would sneak out of bed at night and turn on the Disney Channel and watch black and white reruns of MMC. Give me NEARLY any Disney Movie and I am hooked. I love me some Princess Aurora, Belle, Buzz and Mickey Mouse!!

I have never been to Disney World or on a plane so this is an adventure as well as a lifetime dream! Closest I have ever come is taking DS to Disney on Ice last year. LOL I am a little OCD about planning for Disney, but am WAY behind since the trip had been canceled and postponed. Now I have a month!

Meet: DH aka Grumpy aka Erik (37). He is not the Disney fan that I am but in our family not sure there would be room or money enough for that! LOL He loves making me and the kiddos happy and will do almost anything for us. This includes packing up and heading to Disney. Honestly I think the YouTube video I showed him w/ the family singing the Cars song did it. Brought tears to his eyes the big teddy bear! He has been to Disney once w/ his ex-wife but they did it as a day thing and he rode Small World 5 times and Space Mt. once.He doesn't remember anything else. Just for proof later on I need to add that it was HIS idea to stay at WL! I had already priced POP and he said if we are doing it do it right. LOL Don't have to tell me twice!!

Meet: DS(4) aka Little Chief aka Ethan. He is a ball of energy and the light of my life! He's a Disney Child! His first Disney love was Toy Story which he watched over and over for months it seemed. He talks along w/ the characters in Toy Story 1 &2, Wall-E, Cars, Bolt and Aladdin. He sleeps every night w/ his Woody doll and his Bolt plush. He loves Donald Duck!! He is a fantastic kid and a great big brother!

Meet: DD(2) aka Princess aka TERROR aka Lorelai, lol. She has been called Princess for so long that she literally thinks she has two names. LOL She is the only girl and knows it. She walked very early to keep up with her brother! She is a princess to the bone, very independent and very loving! She hates being reined in and is ready to go go go all the time. She is tiny so I know she is too small for some rides Ethan will ride, not sure how well that will go over. She loves any of the princess or fairies. She is gonna LOVE meeting the Princesses and be terrified of the the non-face characters most likely.

So that's the crew... a little crazy and wacky but ready to go to DISNEY!!!

The Plan (Hopefully)
ADR WishList!!!
Shopping and Waiting!
I BOOKED and ADR's
Only I Could Have Done It
FANTASMIC
Sneakers and More
YouTube and Mail
Package Arrived!
House of the Undecided
TIE-DYIN' THE KIDS
Dining Options

Last edited by PrncessA; 09-09-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: