Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #826
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl001 View Post
ok Im back again disney previously sent me the voucher packet and luggage tags for our upcomming stay(we were upgraded from pop to okw), the stuff all said pop century on it but I know now that it goes by the
res # ok so taday disney sent me another voucher (arcade, sea racer ect.) and it all says okw. so should I expect new ME tags to be on the way next???
Not neccesarily. DME is really a completely different entity. You got the package that goes along with booking a resort package. I wouldn't expect you to get anything new from DME. You may, but I wouldn't expect it. As long as the reservation number is the same, you should be just fine.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #827
DisneyNutinNJ
Mouseketeer

OK, here's one I am sure was asked (and I hate asking again, but 56 pages of reading isn't feasible right now)...

Got my Disney documents today and there were only 2 luggage tags for ME in there, one for me and one for my wife. We need 4 total. We did request 2 more from ME, but what is the turnaround on getting them out to us?

I suppose I am worried that we are a little over 2 weeks out and would be waiting and clock watching right before we left for these tags. I am hoping for a faster delivery since it's just the tags and not the whole travel packet?

TIA
DisneyNutinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #828
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

When did you request the extra tags? I know that others have gotten the requested extra tags in time for their trips. You should have time yet....I've made my DME reservation 4 days before heading out, but having only carryon, wasn't concerned about the tags. When I returned home, a week later, the packet was there, waiting for me. I would think DME would need 10 days to get out extra tags.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #829
DisneyNutinNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
When did you request the extra tags? I know that others have gotten the requested extra tags in time for their trips. You should have time yet....I've made my DME reservation 4 days before heading out, but having only carryon, wasn't concerned about the tags. When I returned home, a week later, the packet was there, waiting for me. I would think DME would need 10 days to get out extra tags.
I requested them today, as soon as I found out we were short.

We're 17 days out from our trip (leaving early am on the 21st) so even if it takes 10 days, even business days, we might be OK. I am probably getting nervous over nothing, but I would like to be safe. I didn't even think to ask about the number of tags being sent, since we only went last November and were automatically sent 2 each.
DisneyNutinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #830
Pleakleyfan
Hold it! Hold Everything! Earth is a protected wildlife preserve. Yeah, we've been using it to rebuild the mosquito population, which need I remind you is an endangered species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEEP View Post
Someone wrote that the tags should arrive about 3-6 weeks before your check-in date. Is this correct? because we check into THV in 18 days and I have not seen anything yet. Should I wait a little longer or should I call Disney up right away. And if so, who do I call?
I would call Disney. I also had not received our tags and I called today. (the number I made reservations with) They connected me to ME department and the associate went over my flight info and sent me out tags. I hope they come in time because we leave in two weeks.

I asked if there was a reason we did not get them, and she said she just re-entered our information. We have a less than competent mail carrier so I am not sure where the snafu happened.

Me , DH , DD : 26, DD 22

Pleakleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #831
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

A little PSA for everyone.......

We are seeing more and more reports of the DME info packets, with luggage tags and vouchers, not being sent out. This is somewhat disturbing to hear. I have always gotten mine, right at the 4-5 week mark..but I have friends who didn't get theirs at all. If you have made your DMEreservations more than 2 months before you are due to travel, you should get them 4-5 weeks before your departure date. If you booked through a travel agent, then the packet will be sent to them, and they in turn will have to get that packet on to you..which will add about a week to your time..so expect the packet 3 weeks before you travel.
If you do not get your packet a month before you are due to travel, I would call DME directly. Find out if you are in the system...that is what would bother me the most, not knowing if I even had a reservation. You don't want to walk up to the checkin counter and find that you have no reservation!!! So...give them a call, just to be sure. And then, if you are already in the system, ask them to please resend the packet.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #832
gr8tdame
Enchanted

DME luggage tags

Hi,
I call Disney today and requested 6 DME tags. The cast member told me that they would only send out 1 tag PP total 3. She said this was a new policy.
We are checking 6 bags....so what's up?
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:06 AM   #833
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame View Post
Hi,
I call Disney today and requested 6 DME tags. The cast member told me that they would only send out 1 tag PP total 3. She said this was a new policy.
We are checking 6 bags....so what's up?
Two thoughts:

I'll bet you called the main Disney number (407-W-DISNEY) rather than DME itself (866-599-0951). DME cast members are the only ones who really know the DME policies and procedures. It IS is relatively new policy that they send out only one tag per person, but you truly can get as many as you need.

My second thought is that, for whatever reason, the request for additional tags is better made after you've already received your DME packet. Under normal circumstances, this should still get you ALL the tags you need weeks beforfe your trip.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #834
Va-bear
Dream World=we get to sit home and drink hot cocoa!
They need to offer speed reading classes to bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNutinNJ View Post
I requested them today, as soon as I found out we were short.

We're 17 days out from our trip (leaving early am on the 21st) so even if it takes 10 days, even business days, we might be OK. I am probably getting nervous over nothing, but I would like to be safe. I didn't even think to ask about the number of tags being sent, since we only went last November and were automatically sent 2 each.
If this helps you feel a bit less worried, I ordered out tags late in the day on a Monday and they arrived at our home on that Thursday. So, they seem to be moving pretty quickly - goodluck!

2014-Pop 2012 Pop 2011-POFQ/Disney Dream Cruise 2009-Pop 2008-AK 2007-POP/POR 2006-Wilderness Lodge 2005-Celebration Radisson 2001-Wyndham Palace 1993-offsite 1975-Fort Wilderness
Va-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #835
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

This happened to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
A little PSA for everyone.......

We are seeing more and more reports of the DME info packets, with luggage tags and vouchers, not being sent out. This is somewhat disturbing to hear. I have always gotten mine, right at the 4-5 week mark..but I have friends who didn't get theirs at all. If you have made your DMEreservations more than 2 months before you are due to travel, you should get them 4-5 weeks before your departure date. If you booked through a travel agent, then the packet will be sent to them, and they in turn will have to get that packet on to you..which will add about a week to your time..so expect the packet 3 weeks before you travel.
If you do not get your packet a month before you are due to travel, I would call DME directly. Find out if you are in the system...that is what would bother me the most, not knowing if I even had a reservation. You don't want to walk up to the checkin counter and find that you have no reservation!!! So...give them a call, just to be sure. And then, if you are already in the system, ask them to please resend the packet.
We got DME packet and vouchers but NO luggage tags. Thanks to this thread () I just called and they are sending them out.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #836
Pleakleyfan
Hold it! Hold Everything! Earth is a protected wildlife preserve. Yeah, we've been using it to rebuild the mosquito population, which need I remind you is an endangered species.

Well I finally got my luggage tags and ME certificates in the mail today (Aug 7th).
In fact I got two sets of tags, in two separate envelopes.

I called ME on Aug 4th and both envelopes have a postal stamp of Aug 5th.
Two luggage tags and the ME booklet were in one, and in the other were two luggage tags and a pre-printed flyer saying enclosed are the extra tags you ordered.

So, I am not sure if the agent I talked to sent both out or if the ME finally did get around to sending the tags and I just happened to call them the day before.
Either way, bottom line I got four tags and I can rest easier.

Me , DH , DD : 26, DD 22

Pleakleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #837
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

We are arriving on a 9:30 p.m. flight and staying at POP century. Would it be best just to claim our own luggage and bypass Disney handling it. Or with it being that late at night would they bring it to us during the middle of the night? I am trying to decide best way to do this. And, if we do claim our own luggage, how much longer will that add once we arrive at MCO?
Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #838
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

The BEST way to do it is to pack whatever items you'll need for the first 24 hours at your destination in your carry-on luggage. That way (a) if the airline misdirects your luggage you'll still be comfortable and (b) while a 9:30 arrival means DME should deliver your luggage, you won't have to wait up for it.

If you tag your luggage and end up arriving at MCO after 10 due to flight delays/changes, no problem. It'll still first go on the baggage carousel since there are no DME CMs on duty behind the scenes to pull it. You can swing by there and get it.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #839
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Ok I have a problem, I booked DME RT BUT since then I booked a Limo for the family TO the resort. DME had it all wrong on my return resie, time and flight number, what is the best way to fix this?
MarkinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:42 AM   #840
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNM View Post
Ok I have a problem, I booked DME RT BUT since then I booked a Limo for the family TO the resort. DME had it all wrong on my return resie, time and flight number, what is the best way to fix this?
So you plan on using DME only one way, from your resort to the airport? Very easy answer, then ... you can wait until you are there in WDW. At least 2 days from your last day, go to your resort's front desk and request a DME reservation for the ride back to the airport; they'll even print you out your bus vouchers. It's really that simple.

But if you want to sew it up in advance, call DME directly at 866-599-0951.

But just remember, if you are going only one-way from resort to airport, there's no need for DME luggage tags or anything like that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: