Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #391
thecapells
Disney Dad

Sorry you had a rainy last day.
I know those are tough when trying to enjoy a vacation.

And too bad the Mara wasn't good.
We hit that as our last meal on a recent visit and were pleasantly surprised.
I really enjoyed the falafel and the kids liked their mac and cheese.
And the zebra domes were yummy!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #392
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Sorry you had a rainy last day.
I know those are tough when trying to enjoy a vacation.

And too bad the Mara wasn't good.
We hit that as our last meal on a recent visit and were pleasantly surprised.
I really enjoyed the falafel and the kids liked their mac and cheese.
And the zebra domes were yummy!
We were lucky it only rained one evening, since it rained almost daily after we left,I just regret putting off Wishes til the end. But there's always Sept and Hallowishes!

I was suprised they didn' like the Mara. Caitlin had read only good things about it but Dale found the stew oddly sweet and Cait's flatbread just looked gross!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #393
WrightFamily06
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that your last day was not magical at all The rain makes it so miserable , when we went in 07 I thought it would never stop raining on our trip , it made you feel so dirty and like you just didn't want to do anything ! On a plus note though the photo pass pictures w/ Donald were adorable !
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #394
minnie4eva
Earning My Ears

lucky duck im like a huuuuuuge fan of hsm and Corbin especially .btw lovin ptr
Old 07-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #395
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that your trip ended "unmagically". I am glad you got one of your favorite pictures though. I can't believe that mother had her son so that in front of everyone. You are right about remembering the good things at Disney more than the bad. Maybe if I could remember some of the bad things, I would always wish I was there.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-31-2009, 03:19 PM   #396
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightFamily06 View Post
Sorry to hear that your last day was not magical at all The rain makes it so miserable , when we went in 07 I thought it would never stop raining on our trip , it made you feel so dirty and like you just didn't want to do anything ! On a plus note though the photo pass pictures w/ Donald were adorable !
Well I guess compared to all the rain you had in 07 we were lucky it was just one evening! I lovethe Donald pics! All the Donalds seem to be the most characters we meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie4eva View Post
lucky duck im like a huuuuuuge fan of hsm and Corbin especially .btw lovin ptr
Oh I know there isn't an hsm without him he is soo good looking I have seen him in concert twice and I hope he comes back to MI this summer so I can see him again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Sorry to hear that your trip ended "unmagically". I am glad you got one of your favorite pictures though. I can't believe that mother had her son so that in front of everyone. You are right about remembering the good things at Disney more than the bad. Maybe if I could remember some of the bad things, I would always wish I was there.
That mom having that boy use the cup was very odd indeed! People seemed to have something against taking their kids in the bathrooms! We saw countless people changing their kids diapers on park benches rather than taking them into the restroom I couldn't figure that out! At Disney though the good ALWAYS out weighs the bad! It was just that last day all the bad happended consecutively!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #397
MEK
DIS Veteran

Dawn:

OMGYour last day sounds ridicously bad. First of all, all that running around would have put me over the edge. I find that using the disney transportation system gets on my nerves as the week goes on, That's why I like having a car.

I think you had a nice time at MK, but I can't believe the torture you endured going to AK. Here's my question.....if that little boy was peeing in one cup, what was in the other cup? And I shudder to think what would happen if the lady got the two cups confused? Thank goodness for texting.....way to go Caitlin! Being oblivious can be incredibly useful.

Sorry you guys did not like the Mara. We ate lunch there twice and really liked it, but I ordered different sandwiches both times.

Boo for all the rain.

anyway ....sorry your TR is coming to a close. I really enjoyed it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #398
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Dawn:

OMGYour last day sounds ridicously bad. First of all, all that running around would have put me over the edge. I find that using the disney transportation system gets on my nerves as the week goes on, That's why I like having a car.

I think you had a nice time at MK, but I can't believe the torture you endured going to AK. Here's my question.....if that little boy was peeing in one cup, what was in the other cup? And I shudder to think what would happen if the lady got the two cups confused? Thank goodness for texting.....way to go Caitlin! Being oblivious can be incredibly useful.

Sorry you guys did not like the Mara. We ate lunch there twice and really liked it, but I ordered different sandwiches both times.

Boo for all the rain.

anyway ....sorry your TR is coming to a close. I really enjoyed it!
Yes that was a crazy day! I do prefer having a rental car and we wish had gotten one! The bus rides can be torturous!
As for the boy and the cup...Dale kept saying the same thing "what if she mixes those cups up!" And I kid you not, the other one looked like it had lemonade...unless they'd used that one earlier

I think maybe the Mara was a fluke? I've heard nothing but good things about it so maybe it was just an off night? Or my family just finally found something they don't like?

Thank you! I feel the same way about your TR!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #399
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

awww, i'm sorry your last day wasn't that great! I think that happens with us all the time too. Our last day on our past 2 trips was crappy!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #400
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
awww, i'm sorry your last day wasn't that great! I think that happens with us all the time too. Our last day on our past 2 trips was crappy!
Thank you! Well here's hoping we both have great last days in Sept!

Well this TR is finished but tomorrow Caitlin and I will be posting our final thoughts about the trip!

SEPT UPDATE....

I'm happy to report our trip is paid off 10 days early!
I that feeling when it's all paid off and all there's left to do is enjoy it!

And in the ongoing adr updates....I GOT OHANA! Thanks to a disser posting an adr she was going to cancel, I got it for our first night there So this time we will make it to the Poly to watch Wishes from the beach and then have a late dinner at Ohana! I can't wait! I'm thinking of checking out Jelly Rolls after our dinner so I'm looking forward to a great night
Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #401
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yeah for Ohana's. I hope you love it! I think the food is very good there and I can certainly understand why people like it so much. I gave up trying for Ohana's.

Can't wait to hear your final thoughts! for paying off the Sept trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #402
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am sad that your trip report is ending, but I am looking forward to your final thoughts.

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #403
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Final thoughts....

Well the time has come for us to end this report so we thought we'd do one last post with our final thoughts....First off I have to say I loved the 4/3 deal! We were able to go for a week this year for what 5 nights cost us the year before. I loved being there a week! That is not only enough time to see and do everything but to also have downtime too! I really hope they offer it again next year and I would go back in May again even though our week was unseasonably warm.

POFQ-
I liked French Quarter but I didn't love it. I have high standards at Disney and with the chipped up furniture and the exterior needing paint FQ wasn't quite up to par. I do love its small size and Elliot Dison in the lounge! As for the bus system....it was awful! I would not stay at either PO resort again without a rental car.

French quarter was nice. The hot tub was lot of fun and I liked that it was located in the shade and not out in the sun. The best part would have to have been Ellliot Dison and he alone would be worth going back for.

Favorite Meal-
My favorite meals were of course Narcossee's and Ohana. Steak and lobster has been one of my favorite meals since I was a teenager and this was a great meal! I cannot wait to have it again,along with the crab cakes, next month! As for Ohana...I was not expecting to like that meal. I have simple tastes and the menu just didn't sound good to me. I was so glad I was wrong! It is a very good and fun meal and I'm so glad to be ging there next month too!

My favorite meal was also Narcossee's and I miss that lobster!!!

Worst Meal-
CS in Germany. The bratwurst meal needs to come with fries or chips or something. It was not worth a cs credit!

Definitely the Mara. I did not expect a vegetable flatbread to taste that horrible! The spices were way to sweet for my taste

Best MK Moment-
No question for me...riding down Main Street in the trolley! I felt like a Disney princess!

Finding a hidden mickey on Snow White's Scary Adventure. I don't know why but that moment stood out for me since I hadn't seen a pic of it on the disboards before and now I am dedicated to finding more hidden mickeys next time we go!

Best DHS Moment-

Toss up between seeing Caitlin drool over Prince Caspian and having a blast on TSM 8times!

Two words: Prince Caspian

Best AK Moment-
I enjoyed just chilling with my family on the trails. We really enjoyed taking it slow and easy and it was a great way to start our trip!

The Jammin Jungla parade. We had never seen it before and I was looking forward to it throughout our planning process and it didn't disappoint.

Best Epcot Moment-
Dancing with Dale as we waited for our early adr at Akershus

Doing all of the Kim Possible missions in one day! I love how interactive it is and it really made us see things we wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Thanks to all of you who followed along! You guys made writing this PTR and TR a lot of fun!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #404
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

great TR guys! so sad it's over can't wait to read about the upcoming trip!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #405
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Wink

Ahhh....the journey ends! But whatta ride!

What a nice TR with mother & daughter.It gave a cool magical vibe.

But there will be another one for the next trip, right?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: