Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #1996
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hannah is cracking me up with her heart ring....
Old 08-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #1997
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Lovin Luke with his little Mickey ears! Don't blame you for not wanting to fight the crowds. I hate fighting them with a single stroller, let alone a double AND a single. Just too close for comfort for me.
I wonder what tour you'll be taking???

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #1998
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice meal at LeCelier. Yummy steak!

I love Luke's Mickey t-shirt and ears. What a cute little Mouseketeer.

Ahh..relaxing resort days. Hmm.. wonder which tour you're refering to.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #1999
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
BTW - my DH is a big Star Wars fan and I showed him your DH's Fabbie 'Luke I am your Father!' T-shirt! Brilliant!
The shirt is a big hit here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
What a fantastic night!!! I love LeCellier........and will miss it this year, but know that I will be back again another time to feast on all its' goodness!!!

SO enjoyed our conversation today!!!! Enjoy this sunshine....I hope it isn't chased away by clouds and rain tomorrow!!!!
Ahh... the rain today drove me to school. I am getting things done though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Yum!! We love LeCellier!

One day you will be footloose and fancy free...then long for the days when the kids were young.

Can't wait to hear about your free day and the TOUR!
I really just don't want multiple big bags. I am excited to travel without bottles, baby food and formula. Soon, very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Le Cellier....just saying it puts a smile on my face one of our favorite restaurants, I love how it feels like we're home when we're there. Last year the young man that brought our food to our table lived 2 streets away from us at home....small world

I too, longed for the days of no strollers, diaper bags, missing soothers and on and on....now I worry because she drives and has a boyfriend.. I remember an elderly neighbour saying to me "Little people little problems, big people bigger problems" how right she was. You don't sleep when there little cause they don't and you don't sleep when there older cause their never home

Another great review, I am really enjoying your report
I am in no hurry for that either! Just less stuff to tour with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh Le Cellier.

Yummmmmmmmmm.

I could totally go for some of their mashed potatoes right now!

I love the Luke pictures with his mousears, very cute!
Those mash potatoes are spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Once again the girls look adorable in their dresses, and Luke is a cutie in his Mickey ears and shirt. The picture of Hannah and her hand pose in front of the EPCOT ball was great. The hands were posed differently this time more Snow White.

I am glad to hear that you can sub. mash potatoes at Le Cellier, that sounds great with the filet. I was wondering if I could sub.
I like that picture it shows the smile minus the tooth... the smile now is crazy- she has no top teeth now!

[QUOTE=wigdoutdismom;33006705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]We were off to EPCOT and LeCellier, can it get any better.

I took some pics while everyone finished getting ready.

This picture is sooooo cute! Hannah just looks adorable! Luke seems intent on checking out those ears....

Glad to hear you had such great luck at Le Cellier, we just love it there! I'm having mashed with my filet next time!
My mom made the mistake and got some other type of potato- she must not have gotten the filet, they were good but not as good as our mashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
No, someday they will all be running around, beating on each other, and hard to keep in one spot...well, that's been my experience anyway. You will find yourself missing the days when you could just strap them into the stroller.

I laughed at the photos of Hannah trying to get Luke's ears on, and then the picture of DH holding Luke's arm to keep him from taking them off. Luke is so handsome in his first Mickey ears!

Once he forgets about hats he is okay... but if he remembers or knows he is insists on taking them off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hannah is cracking me up with her heart ring....
The ring was well worn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Lovin Luke with his little Mickey ears! Don't blame you for not wanting to fight the crowds. I hate fighting them with a single stroller, let alone a double AND a single. Just too close for comfort for me.
I wonder what tour you'll be taking???
I keep warning Hannah in two years she is kicked from the stroller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Glad you had a nice meal at LeCelier. Yummy steak!

I love Luke's Mickey t-shirt and ears. What a cute little Mouseketeer.

Ahh..relaxing resort days. Hmm.. wonder which tour you're refering to.
It took up quite a bit of our day, but worth it in the end.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #2000
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

My older DS had the same issue Em had on our 2007 trip - he kept falling asleep at dinner! We have a great pic of Donald trying to wake him up at Chef Mickey's (what an expression on his face when he woke up to Donald two inches from his nose!!) and he even slept through most of the entertainment at 'Ohanas! They just go until they can't anymore, I guess!

Great Epcot day - lots of fun. We will have to try the Donald boat ride in Mexico next summer. I think the kids will like it. We ran out of time last fall. Can't wait to hear about the tour!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #2001
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Seriously...it THUNDERSTORMED from early this morning until dinner time tonight!!!!! CONSTANT THUNDERSTORMS!!!!! It was an INSANE day!!!! Is there more tomorrow???

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 08-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #2002
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Tuesday, June 23rd

We awoke early to hear/see downpours. Tons of rain... glad we were not headed anywhere early. My parents had decided to go to EPCOT, the rain had ended as the got there, and the got some great rides on Soarin', Test Track, and just enjoyed exploring WS (saw The Voices of Liberty again- three times this trip--- they would adore an EPCOT area resort for just going over to hang out there).

We got up and I dropped the big question- do you want to go and take the DVC tour? DH was game for it, I explained the girls could go to their kid center and I called the extension on the phone. I had watched way too much DVC tv friends--- I was ready to see it all. Remember though I could have done all this at BLT earlier in the week. We called and were connected to the DVC guide in the lobby of CSR. He got us set up for a 10:15 tour, and said to head to the lobby and the van would take us over. They provided carseats for the kids if anyone wonders.

We got over there, checked in the girls, who were excited to have the space to play with toys and probably have a break from us too

We had to keep Luke... he was pretty happy just being held, we did take a stroller though for him. They have drinks, small snacks etc as you wait.

Disclaimer--- they were extremely busy this am, probably due to the early morning rain... and so we waited a bit for a guide. And then they actually sent us on the tour of the two samples with a DVC intern. There was another couple and a couple with three older teenage kids, so we were a party of 10 on this tour. This is not normal, remember this. I cannot remember her name, sorry! We saw AKL and BLT, they are right beside each other at SSR... weird huh. They were fantastic, DH loves the modern touches of BLT, and I loved those rooms too. What really stood out was the size, wow. We then saw a grand villa at SSR. I did not explore upstairs.. I stayed with Luke. Plus it will never happen I would have that amount of points!

We then went back a waited a bit more... again I don't think this is normal. Then they took the 10 of us over to another SSR building, and we went in a big conference room. We were getting the presentation, compact, all together. This was not that impressive to me, and I think looking back I would have been hesitant to do this. However to be honest it did not make or break it for us. We got some numbers, some paper and then Luke had to eat, and well filled his pants, so I had to go and change him--- again another walk to a restroom. The couple with teens stuck around, they were really serious, had lots of questions and wanted to talk one on one. At this point we really were running out of time. Luke would need a nap, the girls had been playing long enough and we wanted to go and swim. Roland, our guide answered a few quick questions and we were off to get our girls, have a quick cone and go back to CSR. The other couple rode back with us to CSR, they had two kids with our girls, and were hoping to do DVC down the road perhaps. We did get FPs for five of us that could be used three times that would give FPs with immediate entry times (however FPs still had to be available... this comes up later)

I don't at all regret the time, I do wish we had met one on one, it would have been nice to talk over our personal information and questions. DH learned a lot, me not so much since I DIS. I also wanted to ask other people about their experiences.... and did this later! We left with the current deals in place through the end of the trip, and told Roland we would be in contact with him later. We wanted to talk and think and think and think......

I did not take my camera, it was enough keeping Luke happy! Soon we were back at CSR, it was closer to one at this point. So I took the girls to the pool, got some lunch there, yes they accept DDP credits, and we ate poolside--- the food stayed hot because it was so hot!

My parents joined us not too much later at the pool... and we swam for about forty five minutes, and then we were off to DHS!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:26 AM   #2003
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

The tour sounds very interesting. How fun to see different DVC resort room mock ups all in one place!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #2004
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an interesting tour. I would love to see the rooms at BLT. That might be one way to get DH interested...however, its a LONG, LONG way in the future for us! Can't wait to see it!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #2005
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

I think the tour sounds fun, though I don't know that DVC is in our future. I'd love to look at the rooms, though. We stayed at OKW with my parents pre-kids (and thought about doing it for our trip in June, but it's not going to work) and the space was wonderful!! I'd love to have the extra room with five people, though, definitely!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 08-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #2006
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Marc & I want to take the tour next time we go down. It's weird that they did in a big group together but like you said I am sure it was the rainy weather.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #2007
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
My older DS had the same issue Em had on our 2007 trip - he kept falling asleep at dinner! We have a great pic of Donald trying to wake him up at Chef Mickey's (what an expression on his face when he woke up to Donald two inches from his nose!!) and he even slept through most of the entertainment at 'Ohanas! They just go until they can't anymore, I guess!

Great Epcot day - lots of fun. We will have to try the Donald boat ride in Mexico next summer. I think the kids will like it. We ran out of time last fall. Can't wait to hear about the tour!
Em has one more dinner to sleep through. That is her sleep time, she has slept a bunch this summer around 4ish.

Donald is fun, not the thrilling ride, but fun. Plus I have never seen a real line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Seriously...it THUNDERSTORMED from early this morning until dinner time tonight!!!!! CONSTANT THUNDERSTORMS!!!!! It was an INSANE day!!!! Is there more tomorrow???
I want some sun... I did get a ton done at school though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
The tour sounds very interesting. How fun to see different DVC resort room mock ups all in one place!
It was fun, I would love to know their percentage that actually buy after touring. I think it was good for DH to hear the information straight from the source, we did do a bunch of reading, talked to friends, etc before committing. I wish we had toured before our DHS day... we could have rode TSM a ton that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Sounds like an interesting tour. I would love to see the rooms at BLT. That might be one way to get DH interested...however, its a LONG, LONG way in the future for us! Can't wait to see it!

DH wanted to buy at BLT... in fact he is still "mad" about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I think the tour sounds fun, though I don't know that DVC is in our future. I'd love to look at the rooms, though. We stayed at OKW with my parents pre-kids (and thought about doing it for our trip in June, but it's not going to work) and the space was wonderful!! I'd love to have the extra room with five people, though, definitely!
We like down time, resorts and I know eventually I will be thrilled we did it. I think I need to have a DVC vacation though... next year is a long way away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Marc & I want to take the tour next time we go down. It's weird that they did in a big group together but like you said I am sure it was the rainy weather.

I wish we had been more outspoken about wanting one on one. I am sure they would have accomodated us. It was hard with Luke and others, we could have just done it quicker if it was the three of us. If you do the tour, go early in your trip to best use your FPs... the tour and decisions loomed over my head the next two days....
Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #2008
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

We never did the DVC tour - we bought sight unseen last year, no regrets! (except I didn't get any FP"S...). Two of our neighbors are DVC, we talked to them a bunch, did a ton of online research (this is how I discovered the Dis!), spoke to our guide on the phone, watched the DVD at least 3 times, read the Dream book...etc etc. Anyhow - Welcome Home!!! We love it so far, only regret is not doing it sooner.

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
Old 08-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #2009
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We bought sight unseen at Beach Club, then went down and did the tour, and bought Kidani. I really wanted those fast passes...
Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #2010
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Trying to get caught up with all I missed while we were gone. I love seeing the great pictures of your smiling kids! All the matching dresses are cute!

Ariel is a favorite of Brooklynn, and we happened to be first in line to see her this trip. It was about ten till 9, and no one was in line yet, so we started a line.

We've done two Crystal Palace dinners, but not a breakfast yet. We will, though!

Glad to hear Hannah has a new love for an old Disney classic.

Back to the room for swimming and naps was pretty much a daily occurrence on this trip for the girls. You lose a lot of park time, but the relaxing is good for everyone. You just have to change you touring style with little ones or it'll be miserable for the whole group. Relaxing wasn't hard to do, either, when we were at the Wilderness Lodge!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: