Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #106
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

It was funny how many comments I got about WonderQuest on Castaway Cay (pronounced key), I thought I was only entertaining our own table

While I love love love the people we were traveling with, having a day just with my wife relaxing for a good part of the day was absolutely amazing Ask Shanan, it was very hard to get me out of the water to get something to eat, and we didn't eat anything all day up until that point!

Last edited by aaronmckie; 08-03-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #107
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thank you SO much for your updates!!

We are doing the same 4 day cruise on the Wonder, so this is all even more fun to read! ....... and we are travelling with another group of "Disneymaniacs" as well!

By the way, I LOVE your shirt design and hope you don't mind if we "borrow" the original design - not for T-shirts though!

Can't wait for the next chapter! - it is so much fun to read both, your's and Jamie's trip reports back to back!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
No problem! Anyone can use my designs, or pictures I post, no problem!! Have a blast on your cruise, when are you going?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Oh My Gosh - I could not stop laughing reading about you two! Look who's not shy now!! (well I'm guessing it was the drinks but you guys are alot of fun )

Love the pics of Castaway Cay - how great that you guys got some private beach time. The water is SO beautiful and blue
Actually, I was completely sober by the time we started playing Wonderquest...it had been almost 7 hours by the time I had my last drink! Can you believe it?? I guess, I really am just super competitive!

Yes Castaway Cay is AMAZING!! That right there is worth going on a Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
It was funny how many comments I got about WonderQuest on Castaway Cay (pronounced key), I thought I was only entertaining our own table

While I love love love the people we were traveling with, having a day just with my wife relaxing for a good part of the day was absolutely amazing Ask Shanan, it was very hard to get me out of the water to get something to eat, and we didn't eat anything all day up until that point!
We did eat a little for breakfast remember? It was delivered to our room.....I think you may have gotten toast, but ya we really didn't eat much up to that point!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #108
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Podcastaway Party and Disney's Earth

On our way to the Podcastaway party who should we run into again but Dave Parfait and his family! I think this must have been the 4th or 5th time we randomly ran into him. They had done the Stingray excursion and were telling us about it. Maggie (Dave's daughter) asks me again where I got my fun meter pin and I tell her it was a fish extender gift, but you can have mine! You should have seen her face light up! It was soo awesome!

Further down we run into Susan (merriepoppins) and she introduces herself to Jason and I and she makes a comment about Wonderquest, something about a good view.

Upon arriving at the party John and Kevin are greeting guests and handing out drink coupons. Jason and I immediately go up to the bar and get a Conch Cooler. Pete is standing close to the bar! Oh my goodness! I don't even remember if I said Hi to him or what, I think I was starstruck! I did chat with Julie again while waiting to be served. The bar was ridiculously busy! Then it was time to go find Jaime!

We find her and chat for a while.....Todd is running around getting his picture taken with everyone at the party.

John was making the rounds and he stops at our group to chat. Basically he says he is so happy with the turn out and how wonderful/nice and diverse all the people are that are on the PCC! Jaime heads back to her room, and Jason and I run into btrim...(not sure of their actual name) and family. We strike up a conversation with someone related to btrim because he has a Chicago Bears shirt on. We talk football.

We head back to the ship, I think it is close to 4? I head into the gift shops, because I saw Nicole's (maddie01) shirt at the Podcastaway party and I thought it was really cool! It was lime green! I spot it in the gift shop and it is only 11.00! There is also the same shirt in DIS orange! So Jason gets that shirt, and it is duty free! So we purchase two Castaway Cay shirts for 22.00!

On our way back to the ship, I actually stop and tap some random person on the shoulder and ask if they would take our picture! ( I never do this!)

Now I have to stop and take some pictures for clip art....when I was looking for pictures of the Disney ships I never could find a good picture to make clip art from...

Woo hoo! I finally got the smoke coming out of the stack! (I think this is my favorite picture from our entire cruise!)

I didn't know that there are faces on the Flying Dutchmen!

(pretty creepy!)

While waiting in line to get back on the ship, we run into Ann and her family again! Her kids are soo freaking cute...they make me miss Aaron immensely! Captain Hook is walking around and he comes up to me and points to the fairy pin on my lanyard and kind of hits it and shakes his head. Then he tries to take my loot! He almost took off with our new shirts!

Back on the ship we took showers and took a nap woke up and we get ready for dinner it is pirate night.

I found this picture and made a shirt for Jason, I thought it might start a few conversations, but no one ever noticed it.

(this is a murloc [Jason's favorite character] from World of Warcraft)

I made this design for myself for pirate night:

(I am a huge Piglet fan)

But first there is a showing of Disney's Earth at 5:45 in the Walt Disney Theater. We head up to the Theater and sit back and relax and watch the movie. When it was over, I have to say I was rather disappointed in this movie. I thought it felt like just an extended version of a Discovery channel/Animal Planet show. The story could have been a lot better!

Up next Pirates IN the Caribbean party!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-06-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #109
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

But first there is a showing of Disney's Earth at 5:45 in the Walt Disney Theater. We head up to the Theater and sit back and relax and watch the movie. When it was over, I have to say I was rather disappointed in this movie. I thought it felt like just an extended version of a Discovery channel/Animal Planet show. The story could have been a lot better!
At least you stayed awake, I kept falling asleep during Earth. It was interesting but not as good as I had hoped it would be.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 08-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #110
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Pirates and Krazy Karaoke

7:15 PM
Ok...so before we get to the food we go and play Double Up Pirate Bingo! I wanted to play Bingo sometime on the ship, and since we have a little free time before dinner we jump on that idea!
It was a lot of fun, the castmembers were all dressed up as pirates and they were also talking like pirates! Between each card they would do a random pull of a name from the group of people playing and Jason ended up winning a Disney DVD of Sing-A-Long Songs.

We never did get Bingo and after we were done, I realized that we forgot to watch the sunset! What was I thinking!! I wasn't....the night before I wasn't either, I was still trying to function after all the tastings! That means we only have one more night on the ship to see the sunset! I best see it tomorrow!

8:00 PM
We are back at Parrot Cay tonight for the Pirates IN the Caribbean menu. I thought this is the perfect setting for the Pirate party. I really couldn't imagine having the pirate party in any other restaurant, it would just be weird! But Animator's Palate, and Triton's are also serving the Pirate food to the other rotations.

Rick and Lori had on the full Pirate garb! I wish I would have taken their picture! They looked great!

We were handed the menu, as if it is a treasure map....all rolled up with a piece of string.

Appetizers:
Jason orders:
The Buccaneer’s Sun-Ripened Pineapple fresh island Pineapple with a Coconut-crusted Banana and Orange Glaze

I order:
Black Beard’s Jumbo Crab Cakes with a Golden Raisin Carrot and Coconut Slaw served with a spicy Calypso Dressing

(I really enjoyed this)

Soup & Salads:
Jason orders:
Chilled-to-the-Bone Honeydew Melon and Watermelon Soup

I order:
Caribbean-Style Conch Chowder with Sherry, Sweet Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Thyme and garnished with diced Potatoes and crispy Bacon bits

(this was my first time having Conch and I really liked it!!)

Main course:
Jason orders:
Jack Sparrow’s Musked Smoked Pork Ribs Rubbed Spare Ribs with Guava Barbecue Sauce served with Red Onion Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes and Plantain Chip

I order:
The Dutchmen’s Roasted Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef Thick cut of Beef with roasted Sweet Potatoes and a Black Spot Tomato with a deep Red Wine Glaze

(this wasn't that great...next time on the cruise I am going to stay away from the red meats)

Time for Dessert:
We all get:
Pirates of the Caribbean’s Sweet Temptations A trio of Shiver-me-Timbers White Chocolate Cheesecake, Rum Barbossa, Walk the Triple Layered Chocolate Gangplank Cake (sounds wonderful, right?!?!)

(looks decent, right? It was the most disgusting dessert ever! The only thing I ate was the lil rice krispy between the chocolate cake and the rum barbossa!...hopefully we won't be tempted by the Sweet Temptations again!)
Before leaving, Rick and Lori (TheBeadPirate) gave us some beads!

9:45 PM
Dinner is over and it is time for the Pirates IN the Caribbean Party, "All you Buccaneers! Join Goofy and his pirate friends as you shake your bones all night long. There be surprises; just don't invite Captain Hook (weather permitting)"

So we head up to Deck 10 and watch the party. It was cute, but I am not a huge pirate fan or anything.
Here we are at the party!

(I got the cool DIS green bandana at the target when we were getting Jason his dress shoes)

(I think I already am a pirate, either that or a ghost!!)

Before long look who decides to drop in!

Then the fireworks!

(that was pretty neat, seeing the fireworks being shot off of the boat!!)

We never did get to the dessert bar that was set up somewhere for the Pirate party, hopefully it was better than the sweet temptations!!

11:00 pm
Time for some Krazy Karaoke at Wavebands!
By this night, I think every DISer had heard that Wavebands is the place to be! We had one whole side of Wavebands jam packed full of DISers! Kevin, Julie and Corey were even there!

I really wanted to sing Baby Got Back by Sir-Mix-A-Lot....but I didn't have anything to drink tonight, and by the time I got up the courage...a not so great wedding group completely wrecked the song!

Kevin, Yvette, Mindy and.....?? went up and sang Mamma Mia. That was too funny! A DISer, not sure who...sang A Whole New World, and another song. Aaron (ADP) sang Shout he was awesome!! Chris (Todd's roommate sang) Mack the Knife he was really great too! I am sure some others probably went up to sing, but those are the ones I remember....and of course our group.....

I wanted to sing Love Shack by the B-52's I mentioned it to Todd, and he said come up and join our group, we are singing it! Ok....I sit nervously waiting...then its our turn (I know there is a video of this somewhere, but I have yet to see it....)

from left to right....Chris (crazydisneyman), Todd, Kim (kimstarr), Don (SFbaydon), myself, and Tommy?? Was I the only one singing..oh wait it looks like Tommy?? was too! LOL! Gosh I was really nervous, but I was trying to get involved as much as I possibly could.

Later on in the night a random couple went to sing a duet..I think it was Endless Love? They were really bad so we were all laughing at them, and then they knew we were all laughing at them. So they came over to our side of the room and just started singing right to us. On the way over to our side of the room the husband was standing on the mic cord and the wife turns around and screams into the mic "Get off the CORD!!" It was soo funny!

Later Todd actually danced with the wife from the duet team! It was rather amusing! I think we converted her to becoming a DISer!

2:00 AM
We came back to our room and were greeted by:

We order room service again since we have to wake up at 8:30 for the live podcast taping! Yum....more Mickey Bars for delivery!!

Before our room service came....I walked up to the 24 hour beverage station and saw how bright the moon was, the wind was really whipping this night too! I came back to the room to tell Jason that we should try to dance tonight.
(See before the cruise, I had a thought of us slow dancing in a quiet corner of the ship to some songs on our IPod Touch)
So...after we were done eating our room service we went out to Deck 5 to slow dance in the moonlight. It was very romantic! I think it was around 3:30 by then!
See windy I tell ya!

Good night!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-10-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #111
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

That was too funny about the Endless Love couple

I would love to meet you and Todd on a Podcast cruise or Dismeet sometime! I'm hopefully going to join everyone on the Dec 2010 cruise but scrimping for the downpayment right now (after I get that paid, then I have a whole year to save!)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #112
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would love to meet you and Todd on a Podcast cruise or Dismeet sometime! I'm hopefully going to join everyone on the Dec 2010 cruise but scrimping for the downpayment right now (after I get that paid, then I have a whole year to save!)

So should Jason and I be worried???
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #113
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Aw! Dancing under the moonlight! Very sweet.

The karoke sounds like a BLAST! I don't know if I would ever have the guts to do it - my dog used to literally howl at me when I would sing. I'm THAT bad.

The pictures at Castaway Cay look AMAZING. So beautiful. I can't wait!

And note taken between your and Jaime's reports, no Sweet Temptations.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #114
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

The mystery singer that was with Kevin, Yvette and Mindy was yours truly. And I SOOOO sang during Love Shack. It was just at the other microphone.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #115
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
omg - I meant her and Jason! I'm such a ditz - I was reading something about Todd and it stuck in my brain

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Last edited by heaven2dc; 08-07-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #116
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
omg - I meant her and Jason! I'm such a ditz - I was reading something about Todd and it stuck in my brain
It happens. I'm Famous.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #117
MomlvsGoofy
Mouseketeer

Red face

I found this picture and made a shirt for Jason, I thought it might start a few conversations, but no one ever noticed it.

(this is a murloc [Jason's favorite character] from World of Warcraft)

I made this design for myself for pirate night:

(I am a huge Piglet fan)

Nice, I noticed it was a murloc from WOW! Very cool. My DGS loved it when I showed him. We play WOW too. Loving your TR and your pics are so nice of CC.

1987 offsite/1990 offsite/1996 Fort Wilderness/2008 Pop Century/2010 Pop Century/Podcast cruise 2.0 2010
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #118
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
At least you stayed awake, I kept falling asleep during Earth. It was interesting but not as good as I had hoped it would be.
It must have been the nap that we had just woke up from, that helped me stay awake! I think I saw you dozing, you were sitting in the last row of the section right in front of us!

Quote:

I would love to meet you too! I love meeting new DISers! I am sure Todd would be happy to meet you too!
Yeah, I am trying to scrimp and save myself! My Dad told me....I have to get out of credit card debt before I go on another vacation! I know this is what I want too, but it is hard passing up DAP! So this means I am working really hard so I can be on that boat with 600+ DISers!! As a matter of fact tomorrow I am working to get in some overtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
:rotfl2: Well, according to Jason you should be! I get a little too friendly with Todd when I have the bubbly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Aw! Dancing under the moonlight! Very sweet.

The karoke sounds like a BLAST! I don't know if I would ever have the guts to do it - my dog used to literally howl at me when I would sing. I'm THAT bad.

The pictures at Castaway Cay look AMAZING. So beautiful. I can't wait!

And note taken between your and Jaime's reports, no Sweet Temptations.
Yes...as tempting as they are do not give in!
You are going to love Castaway Cay! I hope one day when the DIS charters the ship we can just park the boat there and stay all 4 days!
It was fun! You don't have to sing, just watch all the other crazies! The wedding party that sang Baby Got Back was a hoot in itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
The mystery singer that was with Kevin, Yvette and Mindy was yours truly. And I SOOOO sang during Love Shack. It was just at the other microphone.
Oh my! I don't know how I could have missed this?!?! I think it may have something to do with Yvette jumping on Kevin's back...that was very distracting!!!
Quote:
Todd being stuck in your brain is a good thing! No worries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomlvsGoofy View Post
Nice, I noticed it was a murloc from WOW! Very cool. My DGS loved it when I showed him. We play WOW too. Loving your TR and your pics are so nice of CC.
Hi! I found that picture somewhere on the internet! I was thrilled when I saw it! A Murloc dressed as a pirate! Perfect!! I am just happy that people are reading, and not getting bored! YAY!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #119
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

^^^ See Above^^

Someone sure likes these ---> !!!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #120
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
It must have been the nap that we had just woke up from, that helped me stay awake! I think I saw you dozing, you were sitting in the last row of the section right in front of us!

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: