DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
woodysgrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 139

booking with multiple contracts

I have 3 contracts all the same member number and UY
Do I have to specify which contract to pull points from if I have to borrow ?
One of the contracts is small and I want to "hang on" to its points for an
every other year adults only trip if possible. I guess I am asking do you
have to use all current points before borrowing.
thanks
woodysgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodysgrl View Post
I have 3 contracts all the same member number and UY
Do I have to specify which contract to pull points from if I have to borrow ?
One of the contracts is small and I want to "hang on" to its points for an
every other year adults only trip if possible. I guess I am asking do you
have to use all current points before borrowing.
thanks
Yes, I do believe that you have to use all current UY points before you can borrow. But when you do need to borrow you can designate which points you wish for them to use.

If you are saving the points for next year you could go ahead and bank them before you make the reservation you don't want to use those points for (and you can designate how many and what points you want banked. Banking is not something that you have to do for every point and you can bank multiple times). Then you could borrow the points that you wish to use and still have the contract points you want to save.

Another thing would be to book a ressie with the points you want to save, then book the ressie you want to use the other points for and borrow what you need, then cancel the first ressie.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts: 3,689

can I just double check something!!

I have 100pts each at BLT & AKV (under same contract and UY). I was hoping to alternate trips - ie once every three years use all my AKV points for AKV & once every three years use all my BLT points for a BLT trip.

I see you say that you have to use all your current years points before you can borrow - but I won't want to do that as otherwise I will have points for different resorts that have different booking windows.

I am hoping I have misunderstood you, as otherwise this will really mess up my plans!!
__________________
Amy x

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts: 3,689

actually having re-read your post, I guess I would be ok if I banked say my AKV points before booking my BLT stay - then I wouldn't have the current AKV points for MS to use!!! Is that right??!!

Sorry new to all this and have yet to book my first DVC stay!!
__________________
Amy x

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,719
DISboards Moderator

Yes, if you banked your BLT points, that would work.

Of course, if you are booking within your home resort booking window, you won't have to worry as much as they won't be able to use the other resorts current UY points at that time.

It would only become a little sticky if you are booking/changing and are within the 7 month window of your vacation.

So, any time you go to book, for example, the AKV trip, just try to book within the home resort period and then they can only use the AKV points.
__________________
Sandi

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Yes, if you banked your BLT points, that would work.

Of course, if you are booking within your home resort booking window, you won't have to worry as much as they won't be able to use the other resorts current UY points at that time.

It would only become a little sticky if you are booking/changing and are within the 7 month window of your vacation.

So, any time you go to book, for example, the AKV trip, just try to book within the home resort period and then they can only use the AKV points.
Of course Sandi - I hadn't thought about the 11mth bit!! - we will always book at 11 months - so that will all be fine!! (I should have really worked that out in my head before I posted, but I just panicked when I read the first reply and even then I didn't read that one properly either!!)

Thanks again (I seem to always be thanking you don''t I!!)
__________________
Amy x

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,941

Occasionally someone really doesn't want to use points from a given contract and would prefer to borrow for various reasons (selling, later home resort reservation). IF DVC won't let you do this, simply make a reservation using those points, perform any activity including borrowing that you might want, then later cancel the reservation with the points you want to protect. Of course it's usually best to use current UY points rather than banking/borrowing but sometimes there may be reasons that you don't want to do so.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai&bump View Post
Of course Sandi - I hadn't thought about the 11mth bit!! - we will always book at 11 months - so that will all be fine!! (I should have really worked that out in my head before I posted, but I just panicked when I read the first reply and even then I didn't read that one properly either!!)

Thanks again (I seem to always be thanking you don''t I!!)
Glad you got that straightened out! And yes, my response was written as if you were in the 7 month window otherwise it shouldn't be a problem at 11 months.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Glad you got that straightened out! And yes, my response was written as if you were in the 7 month window otherwise it shouldn't be a problem at 11 months.
Thanks Kathy!! (It would have helped if I had actually read your post properly and also then thought about it BEFORE I responded!!)
__________________
Amy x

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
woodysgrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 139

That is a lot to think about. Makes me wish I hadn't split up resorts on the
contracts ! Thanks...
woodysgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia
 
Simba's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Harlingen, TX, USA
Posts: 25,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Yes, I do believe that you have to use all current UY points before you can borrow. But when you do need to borrow you can designate which points you wish for them to use.
Even if I'm trying to book at 11 months and don't have enough points? We bought 50 HHI points, planning to use them every other year, booking at 11 months. It takes us 100 points for what/when we want, so at 11 months can we borrow the other 50 from next year's HHI alotment, even though we have points in our other contracts.
__________________
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Even if I'm trying to book at 11 months and don't have enough points? We bought 50 HHI points, planning to use them every other year, booking at 11 months. It takes us 100 points for what/when we want, so at 11 months can we borrow the other 50 from next year's HHI alotment, even though we have points in our other contracts.
No, Home resort priority always remains in place and there is no way to override that. Because of that priority my response was only for booking within the 7 month window because what the OP was talking about wouldn't be able to happen 11-7 months out. I see now I should have put that information in my first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodysgrl View Post
That is a lot to think about. Makes me wish I hadn't split up resorts on the
contracts ! Thanks...
Please don't worry about it. Two home resorts (or more which is what we have) is a very nice option IMO. And, if you are able to book 11-7 months out you'll never run into this anyway. This is just some information to store away should you ever need to book 7 months or less and are wanting to "save" some specific points for later use.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia
 
Simba's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Harlingen, TX, USA
Posts: 25,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
No, Home resort priority always remains in place and there is no way to override that. Because of that priority my response was only for booking within the 7 month window because what the OP was talking about wouldn't be able to happen 11-7 months out. I see now I should have put that information in my first post!
Thanks so much for clarifying it for me. I'll admit I got kind of (very) panicky about whether we could do what we wanted to.
__________________
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autograph Book ??? Poohs#1fan Creative DISigns 70 04-15-2012 11:35 AM
National Contract ID for AmEx holders! SnackyStacky Transportation 11 08-05-2009 01:31 AM
Booking for 2010 wheelhorse Disney Resorts 6 08-02-2009 09:10 AM
Autograph Book Design? PrincessAndie Creative DISigns 1 08-01-2009 11:40 PM

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.