Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #91
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

It was fun when Kevin joined your table, I really didn't care much about the educational part of the presentation anyways. I don't think it was that loud, but some are more sensitive than others.
I was proud that Shanan wasn't the giggly drunk during the presentation that I thought she'd be

Durn it, I forgot to quote Jen (DVCSince02) when replying... that's what I get for rarely posting anymore

Last edited by aaronmckie; 07-30-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: because I didn't think before I posted
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #92
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I laughed out loud when I read about you shouting out "WHEN IS MY BIRTHDAY?" Oh that is so funny! I would have busted up laughing in person if I had been there and probably gotten the disapproving look as well.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #93
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

Todd helps me finish it!

( I don't know if that is a look of "wow that drink is strong", or a look of "come on why can't you finish it!")
It was the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Wine Tasting

4:00 pm (I think it was 4)
Well at least I wasn't the only one to have about the same recollections....I sat with Jeff and Val (OKWLover & OKWLover2) and Kim (TickledTink33) and some other folks....but my memory is hazy as well. This was less fun than the martini tasting in my opinion. And all of the speakers seemed to be whispering. I did find out that I am not a big fan of wine though. I felt rather embarrassed after talking with Kevin after the tasting. At least looking back at the pictures, I feel embarrassed.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #94
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
It was the latter.

Well at least I wasn't the only one to have about the same recollections....I sat with Jeff and Val (OKWLover & OKWLover2) and Kim (TickledTink33) and some other folks....but my memory is hazy as well. This was less fun than the martini tasting in my opinion. And all of the speakers seemed to be whispering. I did find out that I am not a big fan of wine though. I felt rather embarrassed after talking with Kevin after the tasting. At least looking back at the pictures, I feel embarrassed.
I think it would have been better if they would have done the wine tasting first. There was more to learn with that and once you all were drunk no one wanted to learn. On my notes for next time.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #95
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
It was Kevin's fault. We were very quiet until he showed up.
Yep, that's right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
It was fun when Kevin joined your table, I really didn't care much about the educational part of the presentation anyways. I don't think it was that loud, but some are more sensitive than others.
I was proud that Shanan wasn't the giggly drunk during the presentation that I thought she'd be

Durn it, I forgot to quote Jen (DVCSince02) when replying... that's what I get for rarely posting anymore
You really do need to post more!! Durn World of Warcraft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I laughed out loud when I read about you shouting out "WHEN IS MY BIRTHDAY?" Oh that is so funny! I would have busted up laughing in person if I had been there and probably gotten the disapproving look as well.
I am glad that someone got amusement out of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
It was the latter.

I knew I had to pace myself with the drinking, I did not want to miss anything on the cruise! I am glad you didn't let the liquor go to waste though! There was more than one speaker? Where was I? Ooooo where are the pictures of you after the wine tasting talking to Kevin?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
I think it would have been better if they would have done the wine tasting first. There was more to learn with that and once you all were drunk no one wanted to learn. On my notes for next time.
Oh yes! That would be wonderful if they could do the wine tasting first! I even tried to take notes during the wine tasting....but I wasn't able to comprehend what I wrote!

On another note, I hope Bill's surgery goes wonderful! I have been thinking about you!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #96
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

My good friend Jaime lost her mother today.....
Old 08-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #97
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Wonderquest!

Spolier Alert! If you don't want to know what goes on with this game....go to the next chapter!

What time is it?!? Time to play Wonderquest. We are split into teams, and each team has to have at least one guy and one girl. Our team number is 8 and consists of Val (OKWLOVER2), Robin, Jaime, Jason, Myself, and Todd's roommate Chris.

At first the scavenger hunt is pretty tame......

Tissa says....show me a credit card...and you have to run up with the item and the team number. Show me some money.....show me 4 left shoes, we all whipped off our shoes and threw them at Jason! Show me a woman wearing men shoes, I run up with Jason's shoes on. Show me a man wearing women shoes, Jason runs up in my high heels! (That was fun!) Show me two men hand in hand skipping across the floor. Jason grabs Chris's hand and they are off! LOL!!!

Tissa asked for a sock with a hole in it, Jason says "I have a sock on with a hole in it!" But remembering back I swear that he didn't have a hole, and he had his sock in his mouth and he was tearing a hole in his sock with his teeth? Was this my imagination? I sure hope so!!

The very next item she wanted to see were ice cubes in the mouth, so Jason reaches across the table without asking and grabs ice out of Jaime's drink using the hand he just took his sock off with! Jaime turns to me and says is that the hand he just took his sock off with? I say Yes! And Jaime says oh well, the Alcohol will kill any bacteria and takes a drink!

Sometimes we didn't have an item that was called and Yvette was kind enough to share with us!

But before too long the items get a little risque!

Tissa asked for two belts, and Jason and Chris jump up and whip their belts off in 0.5 seconds! It was like a scene from a club after dark and we are on a Disney ship people! This is when I knew where the game was headed!

Show me...a man wearing women lipstick...and Jaime whips out her lipstick and I can't remember if Jason applied it himself....(which would be hilarious) or if Jaime put it on him (which would have still been hilarious)...maybe I just put it on him, but I really don't remember.

Show me a woman wearing a man's shirt...so Jason had a button down on and it was hard getting the buttons off, at one point he actually ripped his shirt off! At least the rip is at the bottom so it is tucked into his pants!

Show me a man wearing a woman's bra! I thought for a half second..then I jumped up and started trying to shimmy my bra off my body.....this was a hard task to do....I got it around my hips and then....

(Jason came in for the kill!)

Too funny! I really didn't know that Jason and I are so competitive!

I blame us sitting too far away for not winning!

Soon the cowboy hats came out and it was time to country line dance....

Contrary to popular belief... Jason and I left because we don't care for country music....not for another reason!

When we got back to the room we are greeted by this

I decide to finish handing out our fish extender gifts...Jason promises me that if I do the fish extender gifts by myself while he relaxes, I will get a foot rub when I get back to the room! When I find Todd's door I was a little sad that he wasn't at Wonderquest, so I write..."Shanan was here, where were you!?!" It took me an hour and a half to finish handing out the gifts! I wonder how long it will take on PCC 2.0?!?!

Before bed I find the cards to order room service breakfast that you just hang on your door. We order for the next morning. And we set the alarm for 8 am! We want to be the first ones off the ship, tomorrow is Castaway Cay day!!!

Night Night..it is now close to 1 am

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-02-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #98
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

I love how people remember things differently - or remember things other people don't. I forgot about the 2 men skipping. Yes, Jason already had the hole in his sock. My lipstick was like a lip gloss and I swabbed his face with it. And I forgot he ripped his shirt!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #99
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
I love how people remember things differently - or remember things other people don't. I forgot about the 2 men skipping. Yes, Jason already had the hole in his sock. My lipstick was like a lip gloss and I swabbed his face with it. And I forgot he ripped his shirt!
Hi Jaime! I hope that chapter brought a smile to your face! That sure was a GREAT night! It is funny what other people remember .....

I am here for you if you need anything at all! ((HUGS))
Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #100
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You had me ROLLING with this update!!

I can just picture the frenzy of everyone getting into the game and doing whatever it takes, including eating socks, and undressing!

Did everyone applaud Jason for actually wearing the bra??!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #101
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Designer

Intermission......
Ok....so besides my hobbies of writing TR and cross stitching, I also like to work with photoshop and make neat designs for the creative design forum! I have been slacking lately with that...because I am really enjoying writing this TR, sorry Lori! I promise that this week I will get to your other two requests!

I helped Jen with this:

And this was one of our fish extender gifts that I personalized for each person on the cruise, they didn't print out as great as I wanted them to:

I made this magnet for our door:

....So today I made some shirts for us to wear (this is why I wanted to tell you all about the design aspect) (I like to make shirts for our trips to Disney World it started with our trip in September of 08 (one day when I am bored, I may get around to writing that TR) Jason is just wearing his DISUnplugged shirt from a question he asked that got answered on the show, but I just photoshopped this pic to have our names on the chairs:
Before:

After:

...and from here on out...if I have a design on my shirt I will post the design I am wearing ....just in case it isn't too clear in the pictures (see I am wearing this design in the pic in my signature).

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-02-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #102
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Serenity Bay and Cookie's BBQ

We eat our breakfast rather quickly and head out to see Disney's private island, Castaway Cay!

There it is!!

(my hair is still wet from the shower)

They start letting people off the ship at 8:30 AM and we are one of the first ones of the boat!

Look where Jason is...can you read the sign?!?

Pretty cool picture of the Wonder and small excursion boats in front of it....

(the boat is pretty large!)

The Flying Dutchman?!? (Sorry I have yet to see any PIC movie )

Look how far we walked...

So we didn't get on the 1st tram, but the 2nd tram that takes you to serenity bay...is pretty much a must do. The only scenery on the 2nd tram walk are some plant life on either side of the road. So we hop on the 2nd tram...and in a few minutes we arrive at Serenity Bay!

Hang on...I gotta go put my toes in the water!!

We walk down the full length of the beach so we can get the very last lounge chairs, hopefully we will have this area to ourselves. (not that we don't like who we are sailing with...we just wanted a little couple time)

Ok...I think we found our spot!

We put our stuff down and decide to go rent some floats. We trudge back down the beach and decide on renting one float and one tube for a total of 12.00. We were going to do the whole package of the bike, the tubes, and the snorkel equip, but I am glad we decided against it we wouldn't have had enough time. At this point I think we ran into Tracy and she asks Jason "Did you get all the lipstick off?" We also ran into Michelle (exwdwcm) and she also made a comment about wonderquest...and later Jason (menshacorp) does too! (HOW MANY PEOPLE, EXACTLY, WERE AT WONDERQUEST?!? )

Then we trudged back down the beach with our floats and lounge out in the water.....oh wait Jason has to get sunscreen on first.

(ummm..you are suppose to rub it in...doesn't this picture look fake...like he is standing in front of a blue screen?)

Here I am on the float.....

See the white bouy out there we swam all the way out to it! It was very hard to swim back to shore, I don't know if there were currents or it is just a heck of a ways out there!

We saw a lot of sea life for not renting snorkel equipment....we saw some sand dollars, fish, sea urchins and a crab walking sideways with his pincers up. When we were a ways out in the water we saw something dark in the water, at first I thought it was a log or something, but as we kept trying to get closer to it....it kept moving away from us!

We lounged a bit in the sun and I worked on my Nemo cross stitch just so I can look at it and remember Castaway Cay!

By this time it is close to 1 pm and we haven't eaten lunch yet! The Podcastaway Party is at 3 pm so we start trudging out floats back to the rental stand. The first person we pass asks us if we are done with our floats....um yeah! So they take our floats and tell us they will return them for us...they get free floats and we don't have to lug them back, sounds good to me!

On our way back to the tram we run across, Jaime, Robin, Todd, Chris, Rob, Lori, and Rick. I hope I am not missing anyone! I remember chatting with them for a little while and then Rob mentions something about Free Pins! My ears PERK up! Rob is wearing a red DVC hat and he tells me that if you go over to that guy over there and he sees you wearing this hat, he will give you two free pins. I ask if I can wear his hat and he happily obliges and I get two free pins for trading!! Thanks Rob!

This same day Aaron (our son) and Nana (Jason's Mom) are arriving at Walt Disney World! We have not had contact with them since May 10th and it is now the 12th! Ok, it has only been two days but it feels like an eternity! When we get to Cookie's BBQ I turn on my cell phone for a minute and receive the text from Nana. Their plane landed safely and Aaron cuddled and slept the whole way! Oh I feel so much better!!

Cookie's BBQ was very good, I don't know why I didn't take a picture, probably because Jason was against my picture taking, next time I go somewhere I promise to get more than enough!!! It was basically cookout food, they had soft serve ice cream machines too!

I thought the flowers were pretty...this was taken from right where we were eating.

Now it is time to go to the Podcastaway Party!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-04-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #103
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You had me ROLLING with this update!!

I can just picture the frenzy of everyone getting into the game and doing whatever it takes, including eating socks, and undressing!

Did everyone applaud Jason for actually wearing the bra??!!!
It would have been very cool to be a non-player seeing all the different teams going crazy! We were really focused on our team, I really didn't even know that other DISer's were playing the game, besides Yvette. And as for Jason wearing the bra.. I think that everyone was laughing too hard to applaud Jason for actually wearing the bra!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #104
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Thank you SO much for your updates!!

We are doing the same 4 day cruise on the Wonder, so this is all even more fun to read! ....... and we are travelling with another group of "Disneymaniacs" as well!

By the way, I LOVE your shirt design and hope you don't mind if we "borrow" the original design - not for T-shirts though!

Can't wait for the next chapter! - it is so much fun to read both, your's and Jamie's trip reports back to back!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 08-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #105
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Oh My Gosh - I could not stop laughing reading about you two! Look who's not shy now!! (well I'm guessing it was the drinks but you guys are alot of fun )

Love the pics of Castaway Cay - how great that you guys got some private beach time. The water is SO beautiful and blue

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: