Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #10
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

Thanks again for all the responses guys. I'm now suitably terrified at the idea of leaving food in our car at YS. I wasn't intending to do so anyways, but now it's a certainty.

Through our online investigation DH found out about "canyoneering" and now wants to try this at Zion. Personally, I'm not all that enthralled with the idea, but hey, it's his trip. I want to try the Angel's Landing trail, but it's not for the acrophobic (like DH).

I really can't wait. I've been slowly buying items we'll need over the past few weeks and making more and more plans as we go along. I know DH wanted this to be an 'unplanned' trip but...well...I post on the DIS...trip planning is sort of my thing.

So here's some update questions:

1. Anyone ever been to "The Wave"? We'd love to do this but figure we'll never get permits.

2. Anyone familiar with canyoneering...specifically with taking cameras through an adventure? I'm terrified of my beatiful baby (my new DSLR) getting injured or wet. I already posted a question on the photo boards, but have not got much of a response.

3. Restaurants. DH and I do NOT want to eat at any place with golden arches or that rhymes with Mapplebees during this trip. We're looking for 'local color'. Any excellent finds?

4. We'll be spending at least 2.5 days in the Bryce/Zion/Cedar Breaks area during the peak of the 'fall colors'. Where should we go if we have a few free hours?

5. For those who are Yellowstone experts, I want to see wolves. DH wants to see grizzlies. We've acknowledged the fact that we very well may see neither, but we'd like to increase our chances. Any suggestions?

Thanks again, and I hope this helps others in their road trip planning as well!

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: