|08-01-2009, 05:53 PM||#10|
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination
Join Date: Feb 2007
Thanks again for all the responses guys. I'm now suitably terrified at the idea of leaving food in our car at YS. I wasn't intending to do so anyways, but now it's a certainty.
Through our online investigation DH found out about "canyoneering" and now wants to try this at Zion. Personally, I'm not all that enthralled with the idea, but hey, it's his trip. I want to try the Angel's Landing trail, but it's not for the acrophobic (like DH).
I really can't wait. I've been slowly buying items we'll need over the past few weeks and making more and more plans as we go along. I know DH wanted this to be an 'unplanned' trip but...well...I post on the DIS...trip planning is sort of my thing.
So here's some update questions:
1. Anyone ever been to "The Wave"? We'd love to do this but figure we'll never get permits.
2. Anyone familiar with canyoneering...specifically with taking cameras through an adventure? I'm terrified of my beatiful baby (my new DSLR) getting injured or wet. I already posted a question on the photo boards, but have not got much of a response.
3. Restaurants. DH and I do NOT want to eat at any place with golden arches or that rhymes with Mapplebees during this trip. We're looking for 'local color'. Any excellent finds?
4. We'll be spending at least 2.5 days in the Bryce/Zion/Cedar Breaks area during the peak of the 'fall colors'. Where should we go if we have a few free hours?
5. For those who are Yellowstone experts, I want to see wolves. DH wants to see grizzlies. We've acknowledged the fact that we very well may see neither, but we'd like to increase our chances. Any suggestions?
Thanks again, and I hope this helps others in their road trip planning as well!
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a rabbit"
~ Unofficial Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Fanclub member
Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza - Fantasy/Villas at Wilderness Lodge (coming Dec 2015)
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How EMH saved our trip-Doing the World on West Coast Time! Completed. Stop by my PTR!||eandesmom||Completed Trip Reports||421||09-21-2009 02:21 PM|
|*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD||mommaU4||Disneyland (California)||3678||08-08-2009 09:30 AM|
|The 'Dont know who is coming on this trip' Report||A Small World||Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board||16||08-01-2009 11:32 AM|
|Thinking for our trip maybe in 2011.||buzz1fan||Countdowns and Live Reports||5||07-12-2009 11:25 AM|