Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #1951
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I really want to try Wolfgang Pucks. It's on my list for the Fall, it sounds so yummy.

So glad you were able to make it to the fountains.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #1952
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEeyore View Post
That photo of your DH and Luke is priceless!!! I love your DH's shirt too.
You are an inspiration - getting so much done with 3 young kids in tow! We have our first 2 kid trip coming up and I am starting to get nervous!

Two was much easier IMO. I am not sure we would have survived without my parents... but someday we will try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Love your DHS day!!! I really love the picture of Luke with his daddy...what great smiles and got to love the shirt your DH is wearing LOL!!!!

You guys looked like you had so much fun!!!!!!

I can't wait to read more!
My husband has a zillion great daddy and kid pics from the trip... next time he needs to take some for me with me and the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing Luke in his ears, I'm sure he's adorable. The kids look like they're having a ball in the fountain. We let ours frolick this trip due to the pictures from your last TR. So what did Em have for dinner?
Em ate some of Hannah's leftovers... we then had her credit to use later... I had a hard time figuring out the odd meal left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Those fountains are great - it was the first thing we did on our first trip in 2005. It was completely unexpected, and exactly what my kids needed after a long day of delayed travels. I remember reading how much your kids loved them in your last report, too!

I really want to try Wolfgang Puck's on our June trip. My SIL and BIL went a month ago (they had the CS plan), and raved about it. I think they ended up going back during the week they were there!

Can't wait to see CP - hope you got some great shots on your own on Main Street!
We had a great dinner for sure. I would recommend it to anyone.

We had some good pics... some were awfully dark from the Photopass guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww...I love the picture of the girls playing in the water it looks like they were having a blast!!!

I can't wait to see a picture of Luke's ornament!! I bet its really awesome!!!!
I will dig it out this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Looks like fun times in the fountains! I remember the girls playing there last summer. I"m glad Em woke up in time to get wet!
Did you get a picture of Luke in his new ears?
I could see Hannah's ring flashing in that picture while she was waiting to eat.
Luke's ears are coming up. I was ordering prints today and saw them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
That looks like a perfect relaxing evening at DTD! I love it when I can get shopping accomplished and have time to relax!
I love to people watch... and at times parent watch or lack of parent watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I hear such good things about Wolfgang Puck's -- we must remember to do it the next time we are on the dining plan!

I always love the pictures of your girls in the fountains -- I even think of them when we actually pass the fountains because your girls always have such a great time there!

Can't wait to see Luke in his first set of ears!
I think there are things that remind me of people from DIS too. AK parade certainly MeMom... and as I saw her shopping picture stuff I would chuckle- Bo your sweet Chelsea, and of course TSM made me think of Connor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I can't wait to see the latest pair of Mickey Ears!!! And the fountain looks like a great way to cool off! I can't wait to see your Crystal Palace photos!!!

YAY for WPE!!!! I loved the frozen yogurt there!
I did not even get a bite... my children ate it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I really want to try Wolfgang Pucks. It's on my list for the Fall, it sounds so yummy.

So glad you were able to make it to the fountains.
For sure put it on your list... I doubt it will disappoint!
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #1953
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Believe it or not he is my skinny baby---
I love baby chub! It's so sweet! Were your girls all round and roly poly? Henry has always been a BIG boy, but lean. He had one little roll on his thigh as a baby.

What a relaxing evening you had! I treasure those slow paced nights where you kick back and enjoy. It's one of the best kinds of magic on the trip! WPE is a favorite of ours too, delicious! I think I might try that quesadilla this time around, I have read many positive reviews of it.

I look forward to the pics of Luke in his ears!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #1954
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So glad we got back to the fountains for fun... next time Luke can join in!

... we were hoping to get to bed early- we had a big breakfast date with Pooh and Friends at 8:20!

Breakfast with Pooh!! I won't miss it!! I love WPE, too, it's just always so crowded!

Loved the fountain fun... how strange that parents would let their kids run around in wet underwear in public!

Lovely update... a wonderful, relaxed evening in WDW!

Kathy
Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #1955
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Hey Sweetie!!! Your DHS day sounded heavenly!!! I hope we have as much luck as you there too!!! I am so glad you got to enjoy the thrill rides with your dad!!! So nice to be able to switch off with the kids with all the extra help you had!!!

Your night at DTD sounded so relaxing!!! Is WP a CS or TS???? Sounds good.....sounds like something we would enjoy!

I am glad you had a good experience with the buses at CSR....this is why we like that resort...since busing is such an issue for us! I am sure that helped with all the kiddos and strollers and whatnot!!!

I am SO looking forward to details about your next day!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #1956
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Great update Laura! HOORAY for Luke getting his ears!!!! Wolfgang Puck sounds AWESOME! We never made it there! Oh well next time right! the girls looked like they had so much fun in the fountains!! Glad you found an ornament for Luke too!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #1957
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

so glad you got to go back to DTD without the rain! sounds like you had a great evening. and isn't wolfgang puck express sooooooo good? it's my favorite CS. such a great value on the dining plan! we always try to go there at least once a trip. there's one in downtown atlanta and i always go by there if i'm working down there. even if i've already eaten i'll get something to go for dinner that night. so good!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #1958
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I am uploading the next update. I have four days left, but I plan to get them done in the next week... we are busy with soccer starting, back to school work for me, and soaking up the last few free days. The first week of school for Hannah and I includes two birthdays so we have to also get a big birthday bash planned.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #1959
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Monday, June 21st

We were headed back to Magic Kingdom, hoping for a redo. This was a big day of eating- we were having breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:20 and then heading to LeCellier that night at 6:00.

Our plan for MK was this: Tomorrowland, Fantasyland and Toontown. We were also hoping to leave just after lunch so we could swim and rest before our night at EPCOT.

We got up early, caught the first bus around at 7:30 that we saw and had a pretty much empty bus to MK. There was less than five others with us on the bus. When we got there I was suprised to see a line where the early ADR entry was, and we waited until just a few minutes before 8 to get in. So there was a bit of a crowd on Mainstreet, but we did not need to hurry!

I tried to get all three... but no one cooperated. I do think though I have the girls with Walt already by themselves.

We stopped up towards the Castle for some pictures. It was a sunny day.. these look dark, much to my dismay!

Then we went to check in at Crystal Palace.

I was super worried about missing the characters, because I did not want to wait around. So I seemed to dash and dart to get my crazy kids food all the time. Luke ate I think half the buffet that day!

It was so different having Emily be so brave... she had a blast at this meal, she was really outgoing and in love with the characters!

Everyone ate a lot, the food was good and there were lots of choices. I am still not sure which breakfast I enjoyed more between CP and O'Hana's.

We were not in a huge hurry, I did not want to rush anyone but we did pay our tip and bill early so we could leave when we were done. It was super fun to watch the crowds race to the second rope drop while we were relaxing inside!

And we were off. We headed back towards Fantasyland. Emily again wanted to see Ariel (perhaps having the dresses on inspired this) and DH went to get PP FPs. There was of course no line for Ariel, since it again opened early and it was just about ten minutes after nine. (Dumbo however was crazy)

As we walked through the Grotto it was a fabulous moment.... Ariel was so excited to see the girls. She was once again terrific and gushed all about their beautiful dresses! She was beyond sweet and Emily adores Ariel. That is what inspired the dresses to begin with, my sister in law knew Em would love those dresses to met her Ariel.

Emily was on

Once we were done there we headed to Tomorrowland. We were going to ride the Racecars...

I was the official photographer, and the guys took the big girls!

Then we rode Astro Orbiter as a walk on, Tomorrowland was dead! We walked right on the elevator and up to ride!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #1960
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=IluvXU;32968745][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Quote:
This is priceless!

Quote:

Great picture of the girls!

Quote:

This is another great picture! You and your mom look so pretty!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #1961
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

By this point Toontown had opened, so we went to see Minnie's house. My girls loved showing my parents all the fun stuff in there.

Then into Mickey's house.

The girls also rode the Barnstormer this morning, but I stayed with Luke! We took a ride around on the train....

We stayed on and went the entire loop. Back to Fantasyland we headed.

The girls wanted to cool off in Ariel's Grotto! It was once again terribly hot!

and now we went to

After Mickey's Philharmagic, we went to use our Peter Pan FPs, but Peter Pan was down... so we did IASW- our longest line of the trip. Honestly since PP was down it had a long line, outside the building, in the sun...

and then we went back outside to see that PP was still down. I was sad, we had only gotten that FP and we knew we were leaving soon. I asked the CM if I could have a FPs for later the trip, since we were leaving MK and not coming back that day. The CM said to take it to another FP ride and they would honor it since PP was down- done!

We went to try to ride the Jungle Cruise. We had not rode it yet, so that was the ride of choice because everyone could do it. Well after a few minutes in a long FP line (btw the CM was not happy that the PP CM told us that, but he allowed it) DH, Luke, Em and I said we were done. Luke was tired, Em was tired and hot so we left Hannah with my parents in line and said we would see them at CSR.

We headed up a crowded Main Street through the shops, and Emily scored her beloved charm bracelet! Hannah had one, so she wanted one so Daddy got her that. We were off to the buses in a flash, waited just a minute or two and were back in our rooms quickly. We decided to take the kids swimming first nap second...and then the rest of the gang returned. They checked out the tree house next, which Hannah loved. Hence we have watched Swiss Family Robinson twice since returning home, and it is on the birthday list as a DVD Hannah wants!

After a bit Luke and I returned for naps, and even I got a bit of a Disney nap! Rested, showered and hungry we were off to EPCOT!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #1962
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures. The picture of Luke, Roy and Minnie is so cute. Luke has the cutest expression looking at Minnie.

The girls dresses were just right to meet Ariel, and the pictures were fun to view. I love the way Hannah poses in her pictures with her hands.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #1963
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=IluvXU;32968949]

Quote:
Another great picture of your guys!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #1964
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I love baby chub! It's so sweet! Were your girls all round and roly poly? Henry has always been a BIG boy, but lean. He had one little roll on his thigh as a baby.

What a relaxing evening you had! I treasure those slow paced nights where you kick back and enjoy. It's one of the best kinds of magic on the trip! WPE is a favorite of ours too, delicious! I think I might try that quesadilla this time around, I have read many positive reviews of it.

I look forward to the pics of Luke in his ears!
Hannah started at 8lbs 15 oz, Em was 7lbs 9 oz, and Luke was 7lbs 2 oz. Emily surpassed Hannah and well... she still has a baby look and some chunk. Luke does not have the belly or cheeks his sister has.

I am so looking forward to some more slow paced off days. I doubt we will ever do a seven straight park day again... and having three kids under six just added to the craziness of the days we had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Breakfast with Pooh!! I won't miss it!! I love WPE, too, it's just always so crowded!

Loved the fountain fun... how strange that parents would let their kids run around in wet underwear in public!

Lovely update... a wonderful, relaxed evening in WDW!

Kathy
My mom and I were disgusted about the underwear incident. No child is going to melt away in wet clothing when it is a heat wave like that one was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Hey Sweetie!!! Your DHS day sounded heavenly!!! I hope we have as much luck as you there too!!! I am so glad you got to enjoy the thrill rides with your dad!!! So nice to be able to switch off with the kids with all the extra help you had!!!

Your night at DTD sounded so relaxing!!! Is WP a CS or TS???? Sounds good.....sounds like something we would enjoy!

I am glad you had a good experience with the buses at CSR....this is why we like that resort...since busing is such an issue for us! I am sure that helped with all the kiddos and strollers and whatnot!!!

I am SO looking forward to details about your next day!!!
WP is a CS.... such a great deal and too many choices. I had hoped to try something else, but I got a standby favorite ( I had two kids who wanted to sit down at the only available table and a sleeping child to get out of line-so no time to study menu!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Great update Laura! HOORAY for Luke getting his ears!!!! Wolfgang Puck sounds AWESOME! We never made it there! Oh well next time right! the girls looked like they had so much fun in the fountains!! Glad you found an ornament for Luke too!
That was a fantastic day... the start of a great last few days. I am sure you will hit WP sometime, it is a great spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
so glad you got to go back to DTD without the rain! sounds like you had a great evening. and isn't wolfgang puck express sooooooo good? it's my favorite CS. such a great value on the dining plan! we always try to go there at least once a trip. there's one in downtown atlanta and i always go by there if i'm working down there. even if i've already eaten i'll get something to go for dinner that night. so good!
I could eat there everynight. DH loves Earl of Sandwich, but I think now he understands what he has been missing, especially on the dining plan!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #1965
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love the pictures of Emily with Ariel. They are so sweet. Looks like you had a wonderful time with Pooh and friends as well!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: