Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #1096
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

The extension looks wonderful! How exciting to have an whole new area to decorate!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #1097
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
The addition is looking good!

I love bamboo floors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
The addition is looking great!! I can't wait to see what you do with it when it is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Heidi, the addition is looking great!
Thanks....I'll most more pictures as we get further along in the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hang in there.... I went through that whole thing last summer. It was very stressful, but now we are enjoying our "new" old house every day!!!
Kathy
I keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
The extension looks wonderful! How exciting to have an whole new area to decorate!
Thanks....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #1098
MRYPPNS

The end of Day #752, or something like that

When I last wrote we had just spent a great day at Animal Kingdom. I don’t think Liam make it to the car before he fell asleep in his stroller. One of us carried him into our resort room only to find that his bed was full.

Mousekeeping had tucked Snow-Bear and Mickey in for their nap while we were gone.

After we had all rested in the room we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom and get dinner there. I’m working here without notes and very few pictures so I can only sum up what we did that night. We had had an ADR for the Plaza Restaurant which we didn’t make….I don’t remember if it was by choice or because we got to the park too late (the ADR was for 5:30pm)

At about 7pm DH and I got dinner at Casey’s –two hot dog combos ($12.98 total) and ate them at the Tomorrowland Terrance (we must have brought food for Liam with us). Those dogs were gud!

Next we rode the TTA. I know, I know….we dared ride a ride with Liam! Thankfully I had a glow stick for him and that helped get him thru the parts that were pitch black…d’oh! He didn't do too bad...no crying and I think there were parts that he enjoyed.....just not the pitch black darkness thru Space Mountain.

Then I believe we headed to Toontown but Mickey and Minnie’s houses were too busy to let Liam walk around in them so we went into that big gift shop….in case you were wondering….it’s name is Cornelius Coot’s County Bounty. That's got to be a trivia question somewhere! We decided to get Liam one of those light up Buzz’s ($15.00).

Next we headed to Fantasyland and let Liam run around again at Pooh’s Playful Spot. There were more kids this time but he still had a lot of fun.

In Fantasyland I spotted a Churro cart. The last time I had a Churro was at Disneyland in 1988 and I remember it being delish. Well this one was far away from being delish. Degross is more like it. Dry and flavorless. I can cross that snack off my list forever.

We were headed to Frontierland but I had either lost track of time or just totally forgot about the Specto Magic parade. We hadn’t planned on watching it and found ourselves pretty much trapped watching it from the boardwalk next to the river (sort of across from the Bear show). Liam did not like the loud music or that the park had gotten really dark. Plus it was near his bedtime. Of course he started to cry. I found a bench and tried to roll the stroller back and forth in hopes of getting him to sleep….no dice. Once the parade was done and we could move again, we went all the way down to Big Thunder Mountain looking for a place to get Liam asleep. Nothing was working and he was sobbing. I got a couple “I feel your pain/been there” glances from other moms/grams. I have never really been in that area before other than after riding BTMRR. So I walked with Liam down by the water and low and behold I found rocking chairs!!!! If you look on a park map just to the right of the drawing of Thunder Mtn. is a smoking symbol. That’s where these rocking chairs were, under a little roof. Now I’m the first one to steer clear of smoking areas with my kids but it didn’t matter at this point….he was so tired and upset, I had to get him to sleep. And my luck actually held out because no one smoked the whole time we were there.

DH knew how badly I had wanted to see Wishes. The year before I screwed up and had us watch them from Fantasyland. That location sucked to be blunt. And I needed a re-do. DH took Liam in the stroller to try to keep him asleep when I watched Wishes. So I took off to find a spot….I ended up not going very far. On that wooden boardwalk in Frontierland I found a little area that’s behind a little building and watched them from there.

Now this spot was better then Fantasyland, but it’s no way near as good as watching them from somewhere in front of the castle. I have learned my lesson. The main problem was that most of the fireworks were shot off from my left and the castle was on my right….so I had to constantly be looking back and forth….I never got the full effect. And the other fireworks that are nearer the castle were too low for me to see them. I took way too many pictures and video. I think I was trying to re-capture one great fireworks picture that I took years ago….(Scrappie-Do actually has this picture in one of her scrapbooks….cool huh?).

After Wishes, DH and I met back up…he had hid out in the Briar Patch gift shop the whole time (I’ve never been in there…have to look for it in October ) Liam stayed asleep and we headed to the Monorail to get our car at the TTC. When we had arrived we got a great parking spot so we didn’t have to take the tram to our car. Although I remember being very tired at that point and walking very s-l-o-w-l-y. It had been a long day but a very good day in retrospect.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #1099
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I am so happy you had a good day!! Liam is so adorable, it was great luck to find the rocking chairs, I don't remember seeing those when Amy went there for a smoke break in October.

The only place I have ever seen Wishes in the park is in front of the Castle, I just can't bring myself to try anywhere else.

I love how the mousekeeper arranged the stuffed animals, that is too cute!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #1100
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I agree, the churros there are very degross!
I love your new word.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #1102
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a nice evening (well, except for Liam not wanting to fall asleep after Spectro)! I am glad you got to see Wishes even though the view was not the best!

We had churros in World Showcase's Mexico that were very good!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #1103
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post

The only place I have ever seen Wishes in the park is in front of the Castle, I just can't bring myself to try anywhere else.
I see no reason for you to try anywhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I agree, the churros there are very degross!
I love your new word.
We DISers have our own language don't we??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm glad you had a nice evening... other than the one little meltdown... Let me guess, Wishes in front of the castle is at the top of your list for October?
How did you guess? I'm going over to MK one night just to see Wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a nice evening (well, except for Liam not wanting to fall asleep after Spectro)! I am glad you got to see Wishes even though the view was not the best!

We had churros in World Showcase's Mexico that were very good!
I broke one of the golden rules of the Unofficial Guide....Don't eat in Fantasyland!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #1104
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Mousekeeping had tucked Snow-Bear and Mickey in for their nap while we were gone.

too cute!

In Fantasyland I spotted a Churro cart. The last time I had a Churro was at Disneyland in 1988 and I remember it being delish. Well this one was far away from being delish. Degross is more like it. Dry and flavorless. I can cross that snack off my list forever.

that is funny....(not your gross Churro) but the first time I have had a Churro was in So Cal too, at the San Diego Zoo I think in '87 or '88 have to ask my Mom if she remembers what yr we were there

I had a Churro from the Mexican Cantina CS in WS, and thought it was OK...

So I walked with Liam down by the water and low and behold I found rocking chairs!!!! If you look on a park map just to the right of the drawing of Thunder Mtn. is a smoking symbol. That’s where these rocking chairs were, under a little roof.

I know that spot....in 08 while waiting on Matt and the twins riding Splash, I needed to find a quiet discreet spot to change a diaper, couldn't get over to the restrooms and did it there.

I think I was trying to re-capture one great fireworks picture that I took years ago….(Scrappie-Do actually has this picture in one of her scrapbooks….cool huh?).

Yes I do....guess your pic is famous now

It had been a long day but a very good day in retrospect.
Glad you had a day!!!!!

Scrappie
Old 08-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #1105
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I broke one of the golden rules of the Unofficial Guide....Don't eat in Fantasyland!
Speaking of books and golden rules -- have you read Mousejunkies yet? You really must if you haven't -- I just finished it yesterday and just loved it!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #1106
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Speaking of books and golden rules -- have you read Mousejunkies yet? You really must if you haven't -- I just finished it yesterday and just loved it!
What is Mousejunkies?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #1107
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What is Mousejunkies?
It is a pseudo-guidebook by Bill Burke -- it has a lot of tips in it for new visitors to Walt Disney World which we don't really need. The best part of it though are the anecdotes and stories by the author of his many visits to WDW. I knew I would love the book when I read the line:

"Falling in love with the idea of having my breakfast served by adults making minimum wage dressed as fictional cartoon characters was the farthest thing from my mind when I got on a plane with my wife..."

His chapter about taking his toddler to WDW for the first time had me wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing too hard because it was so spot-on with what we have all experience taking children there.

It would make a great read for your solo trip.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #1108
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I love how Mousekeeping arranged Liam's stuffed animals. It's so cute when they do that.

Very sweet of your DH to take Liam so you can watch Wishes! Sounds like a good evening overall-except getting trapped by Spectro.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #1109
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
It is a pseudo-guidebook by Bill Burke -- it has a lot of tips in it for new visitors to Walt Disney World which we don't really need. The best part of it though are the anecdotes and stories by the author of his many visits to WDW. I knew I would love the book when I read the line:

"Falling in love with the idea of having my breakfast served by adults making minimum wage dressed as fictional cartoon characters was the farthest thing from my mind when I got on a plane with my wife..."

His chapter about taking his toddler to WDW for the first time had me wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing too hard because it was so spot-on with what we have all experience taking children there.

It would make a great read for your solo trip.
Thank you for the review!! I've been eying this book the past couple of days....
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #1110
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Thank you for the review!! I've been eying this book the past couple of days....
Definitely get it -- it will make you laugh and miss Disney at the same time! Thank goodness I already had the October trip planned because otherwise I would have had to make a reservation!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: