Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #1936
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I am still amazed at how many characters you guys manage to see in each park! So glad you got to enjoy the thrill rides with your dad! Great that you got to have a Luke free TSM ride too!! All the pictures are so adorable!!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #1937
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

You got some great character pictures! A. and I looked at/read your update together and she was so excited to see her "friends".

It does look hot that day, but worth it for all those smiles. Can't wait for your DTD redo!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #1938
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
It just looks like the perfect day! I loved the character pictures, you got so many! We didn't even make it back there for pictures and we were there for 2 weeks! UGH!
I'm glad you made it to the thrill rides after missing them last year. Woo Hoo!
That photo of Luke and Daddy is priceless!
I can't wait to see how your evening was, hope the good luck continues!

I want to do the whole Animation Building next trip. It has been a while.

I was glad to ride the biggies. I wanted to get Hannah on ToT, but she did not want to, and I am not going to force her. The characters made for good switch entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
What a fantastic picture!

I'm glad you got to see the "Up" characters. I should have looked to see if they were there, but I didn't really think about it.
We caught Remy two summers ago, so we checked the Times Guide and matched it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
What an awesome afternoon! Once again, you got so much accomplished and it sounds like you really got to hit highlights for everyone. How awesome for the whole group!

That picture of Luke and your hubby is priceless! Is that going on your desk at work?
It made the collage frame. I am not sure if he took that one to work. I think the one of the five of us at AK is in his Disney work frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Oh, the scrapbooker's dilemma - how to choose from all of those great pictures!! You really got some great ones!

What a great day at HS, too. I'm so glad - you'd had enough frustrations for one trip! Thanks for the update!
I am ready to scrapbook Disney now--- I am caught up (Luke has a few random pages left.... ) but I am so close. I think I will have trouble deciding this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Both Photopass pictures are just great!!! Love the one of DH and Luke!

I liked reading that you were able to head off and ride ToT and RNRC -- that must have been very nice to be kid-free for a little bit!
It was so nice. I was super glad my dad got to ride them both twice. He loves them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a great end to your DHS day!

All of the pictures are adorable.

Can't wait to hear about your DTD redo!
Let's just say we have a dinner pattern with Emily that continues, but no rain, just happy wet kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
What a great update!! Ya'll DID get to do a lot!! I am kicking myself now for not going in to meet the Up characters--we didn't even go into the animation building. Next time!! We loved The Little Mermaid show, too!! And what a great PP pic to end the day at HS!!

I just wish we did not look so hot... but I would take the heat now... we have not had a ninety degree day all July- which is crazy for OH in summer! I need heat.... and warm pool water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
What a great afternoon. It sounds like everyone got to do or see their favorites.

I love the picture of the girls with the Up characters. Hannah looks like she's not too sure what the old man is doing with her sister.

Adorable picture of DH and Luke.
Splitting up is important. I think I will make sure we do it more next time my parents come with us and as the kids get bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Sounds like such a fun day. Great pics!
We had a great day. It eased the terrible vibes from the day before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I'm with everyone else gushing about the gorgeous picture of DH and Luke... I especially like that you can read his shirt, "Luke, I am your father!" It's so perfect!

The Up characters look so much like their movie counterparts... I am looking forward to seeing them myself!!

So nice to keep one evening ADR free so you can be flexible....

Kathy

I like not having an ADR everyday to be tied to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
do you have a video setting on your digital camera? what i do is hook my camcorder up to the TV, play it on the TV and record it with my digital camera on the video setting. then when you put it on photobucket it's already in the right format. you can convert it through a firewire but it takes forever. the quality isn't as good as it would be if it was converted, but it's SO much quicker!

looks like mickey's gonna get whopped in the nose!

this is SO cute! she sure is getting brave!

so glad you guys got to do TSM. it's so much fun for everyone! and i LOVE your DH's "luke, i am your father" shirt. that's hilarious!
I need to look at the video, the girls want to see some too, and we have not seen any yet. That makes sense Dawn... thanks!

Em did get brave.. and Luke hits everything when he is super excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannn View Post
That is such a gorgeous picture of Luke & DH. And what a great shirt!! Where'd you get it?

The UP characters are great. My kids LOVE Doug so I know that will have to be a priority!
DH got the shirt online last year, he made it through some site-- I can't remember right now.

The UP characters DH said were super fun and cute. The girls loved it, I am sad I missed it, but not said enough to miss ToT and RRC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You got a ton done at DHS! What a great day!! Both Photopass pics are good ones, love that baby chub on Luke.

Believe it or not he is my skinny baby---

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great photos and a fun time, who could ask for more. I hope the pixiedust continues.
We had a great three last days too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I am still amazed at how many characters you guys manage to see in each park! So glad you got to enjoy the thrill rides with your dad! Great that you got to have a Luke free TSM ride too!! All the pictures are so adorable!!
Thanks Diane. The characters kept my kids happy at HS especially so we could go do the big rides. We did not visit too many after this day.... we had seen them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
You got some great character pictures! A. and I looked at/read your update together and she was so excited to see her "friends".

It does look hot that day, but worth it for all those smiles. Can't wait for your DTD redo!
It was so hot that day. We were so glad we were not at AK---- we would have melted. Glad A liked it... you will be there so soon!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #1939
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I need to look at the video, the girls want to see some too, and we have not seen any yet. That makes sense Dawn... thanks!
just be sure to keep the video to 2 minutes or less. in other words, if you have something that you want to show that's 6 minutes, divide it into about 3 videos. they tend to get too big for photobucket to handle if they're over 2 minutes, at least from my camera.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #1940
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I just noticed Dawn's comment above about video....I kept running into the size limit on Photobucket, so I switched to YouTube that allows you to upload a 10 minute video! of course that means ANOTHER account at ANOTHER site to store your stuff though...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #1941
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

That photo of your DH and Luke is priceless!!! I love your DH's shirt too.
You are an inspiration - getting so much done with 3 young kids in tow! We have our first 2 kid trip coming up and I am starting to get nervous!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #1942
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Love your DHS day!!! I really love the picture of Luke with his daddy...what great smiles and got to love the shirt your DH is wearing LOL!!!!

You guys looked like you had so much fun!!!!!!

I can't wait to read more!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #1943
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Off again to DTD (fanastic bus service again). We did really great in terms of not waiting often or honestly always having seats (we only had two rides that were packed, and one was not a CSR bus and the other well...) I would actually say that bus service was one of the best things about this resort. I felt we got places really quickly and not sharing with another resort was nice, we also moved quickly through the stops at our hotel- another bonus.

With this fantastic bus ride we also had a sleeping Emily - again. She had slept the day before on the bus, but woke up for dinner. Tonight we did not have that happen. Emily was asleep when we hit downtown Disney, and so was Hannah. Fortunately with four adults we had taken two strollers that night. Hannah woke up upon arrival, so we switched her and Luke in the stroller. Our first stop was to finally get this boy some ears!

It was so fun to be in the Design a Tee Shop. We did not design shirts ... I think we will wait until we are older, but I hope we get to come back then.

There were so many great choices for ears, but we went with a classic... there are eventually some pics.

Our next stop was dinner- we went to

What a fantastic meal. It was an awesome deal on the dining plan too. DH got the spaghetti and a salad, yogurt and drink. I got the BBQ Chicken Quesadilla- I have had it before and was not disappointed. Hannah got a pizza. I did not have my dessert, I think Hannah had it rather I ate her cookie. This seemed to be a theme of the trip, me switching out some of my food. We will for sure be back- everyone left full and thrilled with our dinner. The only warning is it was crowded, we had the big butcher block table by the drinks for our group.
Our hungry Hannah!

Then we did some shopping and I also grabbed Luke's ornament from the Christmas Store-- it was darling and I will take a picture!

I went to the Pin store and grabbed a Toothfairy gift- Hannah was ready to give her tooth to the fairy tonight- so I got her a HS Musical Pin!

While everyone visited the stores the girls hit the fountains! Emily woke up just as we were ready...

There were a ton of kids there... and we headed down to the other set for a minute before drying off, changing and catching the bus back! There also was a group of kids in underwear--- bizarre. A CM took care of that thankfully!

So glad we got back to the fountains for fun... next time Luke can join in!

I did not do much shopping, but I had gotten the ornament, the ears, and the pins- mission complete. It was so relaxing just sitting there watching the girls. I did venture down to Guest services to get our O'Hana's pic put on our photopass that evening too-- way less wait than at the parks. It was almost cool that night, it was not too miserable being outside- finally. I wanted to venture down by the new T-Rex but we were hoping to get to bed early- we had a big breakfast date with Pooh and Friends at 8:20!

Last edited by IluvXU; 07-29-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #1944
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to seeing Luke in his ears, I'm sure he's adorable. The kids look like they're having a ball in the fountain. We let ours frolick this trip due to the pictures from your last TR. So what did Em have for dinner?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #1945
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Those fountains are great - it was the first thing we did on our first trip in 2005. It was completely unexpected, and exactly what my kids needed after a long day of delayed travels. I remember reading how much your kids loved them in your last report, too!

I really want to try Wolfgang Puck's on our June trip. My SIL and BIL went a month ago (they had the CS plan), and raved about it. I think they ended up going back during the week they were there!

Can't wait to see CP - hope you got some great shots on your own on Main Street!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #1946
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww...I love the picture of the girls playing in the water it looks like they were having a blast!!!

I can't wait to see a picture of Luke's ornament!! I bet its really awesome!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #1947
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Looks like fun times in the fountains! I remember the girls playing there last summer. I"m glad Em woke up in time to get wet!
Did you get a picture of Luke in his new ears?
I could see Hannah's ring flashing in that picture while she was waiting to eat.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #1948
moparop
DIS Veteran

That looks like a perfect relaxing evening at DTD! I love it when I can get shopping accomplished and have time to relax!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #1949
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I hear such good things about Wolfgang Puck's -- we must remember to do it the next time we are on the dining plan!

I always love the pictures of your girls in the fountains -- I even think of them when we actually pass the fountains because your girls always have such a great time there!

Can't wait to see Luke in his first set of ears!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #1950
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see the latest pair of Mickey Ears!!! And the fountain looks like a great way to cool off! I can't wait to see your Crystal Palace photos!!!

YAY for WPE!!!! I loved the frozen yogurt there!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: