Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #376
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

We also love 'Ohana for breakfast! The food is great & it never seems as crazy & crowded as some of the other breakfasts. I think part of the appeal is that they bring the food to you instead of going up to the buffet. That will definitely come in handy for us this year with a baby along! LOL Can't wait to read more!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #377
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post

Bryan and the boys enjoying their breakfast!

Matthew's face is cracking me up...he looks so disgusted with the fact that you took his picture!!!

Your day seemed like so much fun, I remember when you told me that night about the bus trip. So lucky......and I think I know what happens that evening. SPOILER ALERT!!!

Tim

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #378
katlamar
Earning My Ears

Great TR! I love seeing how others visit the world...
Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #379
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!! Great bus mojo!! I can't wait to see the Hall of Presidents in September! We didn't get to see it on either of our trips so far!

Looking forward to more!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #380
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
what a great morning!!
how cool to get some great transportation magic
Yes, that was a wonderful and unexpected treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wow! What a great way to start the day with an awesome bus driver!

Breakfast at Ohana is always yummy!

We were at Epcot for the first part of the day and then made it over to the MK to check out the Hall of Presidents for the Annual Passholder soft opening too! All the new changes are amazing!
The bus driver was awesome! How cool you got to see Hall of Presidents that ay too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
What a great day!

Ohana's looked fabulous! We have never eaten there before but have it reserved before we fly home in September. It looks like it will be lots of fun!

The Hall of Presidents is on the top of our list this trip. DH has wanted to do it every trip and Jeremy and I steer him to another ride. It was closed in November so we are definitely going in September.

Did I see in one of your posts that your boys had on a t-shirt from the movie UP? If so, where did you buy it? If not, I apologize! Jeremy is dressing as Russell from the movie for the MNSSHP. I ordered a t-shirt that is a replica from the outfit he wore in the movie from Disney.com but I am now looking for the hat.

Look forward to your next post!

Erika
Hi Erika! No, my boys didn't have an UP shirt on, if you read Lesley's report, her son Luke has one. You will enjoy the new HOP it really is a great tribute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiekins View Post
We are going for 2 weeks next year so I very interested to see how you fared on such a long trip!
Thanks and WELCOME! We had a great trip, but 15 days was a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Wow, how nice of the bus driver to drive you straight to the Poly! Score!

Breakfast at Ohana looks fun. I've been trying to convince my DD's to go there but they aren't all that interested in Lilo and Stitch.
The bus driver was AWESOME! Ohana is alot of fun and the food is GREAT, maybe you could convince your DD's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
How fun!
Ohana bfast and CHH are two of our favorite places! I love how you are now starting to kick back and take your time in no rush for things.

I am really enjoying your TR!
Thanks so much! It was so great to just take it easy and enjoy Disney in a whole new way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
Hello, pal! I'm doing fine--incredibly busy lately is all and, sadly, my trip report reading has suffered because of it. I see I need to catch up with tinkgurl as well.

I'm so happy that the boys enjoyed the arcade card. You are very, very welcome. I was thinking of you all during June and was wondering if you were having a fabulous time. I see now that you were! I'm still catching up--LOVED the Princess breakfast installment and I'm finding it hilarious that Bryan has turned into such a rebel by scooting under the ropes all the time.

I'll be reading some more tomorrow!
Hi Amy, glad to hear all is well! Glad you are getting caught up too. Yes, Bryan was quite the rebel on this trip! The princess meal was a dream come true for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That was so nice of your bus driver to take you right to Polynesian

Curious to see the new Hall of Presidents. I think I will have to see that alone though, as I know my son would never sit through that

Can't wait to read what is next
Thanks kelly, I thought it was super nice of the bus driver to do that for us too! Definitely see the new HOP if you can, it is really very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Great morning! Ohana's looks great for breakfast, I can't wait to try it in December!
You will love Ohana breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Another wonderful day for you and your family in the world!! How nice of that bus driver, it's those little pieces of magic that make it, isn't it? I love when I hear things like that....makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and I can't help but grin

I think next trip for sure we need to replace dinner at O'Hana's with breakfast, the food looks delicious. I think sometimes it's nice to have breakfast instead of dinner, then you can stay around the pool if you have no dinner ressies....somedays I do love that
The bus driver door to door service was definitely MAGICAL! We really loved Ohana for both meals, but I agree that sometimes it is nice at the end of the day not to have to go anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Don't you think having the bus to yourself is kind of like a limo ride? We had the same think happen to us at SSR this past trip too! We loved it...
Your breakfast pictures have me wanting breakfast for dinner. The food looks tasty!
You guys had a great morning! I can't wait to read about the mystery at the pool and your next great meal!
Too funny Anita, yes, it was like a limo ride! We did have a great morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
What a fabulous morning at MK, starting with a great surprise bus ride!!! Even if there had been others on the bus, I think it was so nice that the driver originally offered to drop you at the Poly after the MK stop !!!! A great looking breakfast, yes!, I love that you got in and over to MK just as they opened, and rode some great rides!!!! Looking forward to the evening and the pool surprise!!!
I agree, no matter what she was doing her part to spread the magic!! It was great arriving at the Mk and not waiting around in the heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wonderful start to your 8th day, Diane! How great that you were able to go straight to the Poly!!! We loved our Ohana's breakfast when we ate there in 2007 -- the food was sooo good! Sounds like you had a lovely morning at the Magic Kingdom! I had to laugh that you went shopping while the boys rode Indy -- I always go to Mousegears when the rest of the family heads to Mission Space.
Thanks Jackie! The bus ride definitely started the day off ona TERRIFIC note! Too funny about shopping while the family is riding. I just could not take another ride on those ridiculous cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
What a nice treat to not have the extra stops and bumps along the way to the Poly! I am so glad you got to see the new Hall of Presidents. DH and my dad really wanted to catch it and it would have been a great break from the heat!
Thanks Laura! Turned out that HOP was a break from the heat and the rain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
I'm sitting here working on my disney book from March and realized I haven't caught up on the TR's.
Love all the pics. I bypass the speedway too, let the kids ride with hubby. Last trip I secured a spot at toontown rope drop which worked nicely to get pics of them coming around the curve. Also got me and my daughter in to see Tink, 2nd in line

Beach club looks like a nice area, I'd like to try that sometime.
The anniversary sign on the boat cracked me up. Sound like something that would go on with us. I can hear him saying, No I really, really didn't.

Ohana's is my favorite breakfast. I could drink my weight in that guava juice.
Hi Julie! Glad you are all caught up now! How cool being 2nd in line for Tink! Yes, the boat story will go down as one of the funniest moments of the trip!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #381
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
We also love 'Ohana for breakfast! The food is great & it never seems as crazy & crowded as some of the other breakfasts. I think part of the appeal is that they bring the food to you instead of going up to the buffet. That will definitely come in handy for us this year with a baby along! LOL Can't wait to read more!
I agree, it was nice not to have to run up and get our own food, that is definitely appealing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Matthew's face is cracking me up...he looks so disgusted with the fact that you took his picture!!!

Your day seemed like so much fun, I remember when you told me that night about the bus trip. So lucky......and I think I know what happens that evening. SPOILER ALERT!!!

Tim
At least he wasn't giving me Eric's fist of fury! Door to door bus service now that's magical, Jealous? Yes, you do know what happens so BE QUIET!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlamar View Post
Great TR! I love seeing how others visit the world...
Can't wait to read more!
WELCOME and thank you for joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Woo hoo!! Great bus mojo!! I can't wait to see the Hall of Presidents in September! We didn't get to see it on either of our trips so far!

Looking forward to more!!
Thanks Sunnie! The HOP is really great I hope you get to see it!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #382
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 8 continued

We left the Magic Kingdom and went back to SSR for a nap! After about an hour, we got up and showered and ready for our dinner at Narcoosees! We were very excited about this because we had never been to the Grand Floridian before! We took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then took the boat launch to the Grand Floridian! We were a little early, so we just checked in and took some pictures!

After about 10 minutes we were shown to our table! This restaurant is beautiful and has views of the lake and the Magic Kingdom and the decor is so pretty too!

The views...

The decor...

Bryan and Matthew at the table...

Eric and I...

I ordered a lemonade fusion to drink and it was delicious, so light and refreshing!

Bryan ordered the Prince Edward Island mussels for an appetizer...

I ordered the atrichoke salad and it was great!

The waiter, who was AWESOME by the way, brought the boys these cute straws to use,...

A happy Eric waiting for his dinner...

Bryan ordered the Surf and Turf...

I had the filet mignon....

Matthew digging in to his steak....

All of our meals were delicious!

The waiter took this shot of the whole family at the table!

then it was time for dessert, Bryan ordered the no sugar added mango sorbet with berries, it looked delicious...

I had the almond crusted cheesecake and it was AMAZING!!!

Eric ordered the make your own smores and that thing was as big as his face, too funny!

I got emotional as I sat there looking out over the lake and at the Magic Kingdom and felt SO LUCKY to be there in that beautiful restaurant with my family, creating lifelong memories! Of course I was teased by all the boys in my family as I often am!!!

After our amazing meal, we decided to walk the grounds of the Grand Floridian and go see the lobby!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #383
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 8 continued

So we made our way into the lobby and it was beautiful!

Bryan checking out the goodies the GF had to offer!

After awhile, we ventured outside to catch a bus to DTD and took some pics. along the way!

My boys on the bus!

We got off at DTD and walked over to the West Side and walked back to SSR, taking these pics. along the way!

We then decided to let the kids swim, they love swimming at night! So we went back to the room and they got their suits on and we went down to the Grandstand pool!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #384
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 8 the end!

So we went down to the pool and I text Lesley to say we were at the pool. I knew they had transferred from AKL that day and were now at SSR and they decided to join us for a swim! The kids had a blast! I walked with Lesley down to Community hall to get lauren a lifevest because poor Tim's knee was shot! We had such a nice time chatting with them and it was nice that we were both at the same resort!

The kids started to get very silly, they were INSISTING that there was some kind of creature at the bottom of the pool, so they would all get out and report back about how it looked, "hairy, long tail, etc." too funny, but they were having fun and they spent a HUGE amount of time obsessed with this "creature"...

We had such a nice relaxing night! Lesley and I were talking and agreed that it was nice to have other kids to entertain our kids whenyou are on such a long vacation. I said to Lesley, "wouldn't it be nice to come back again and be here at the same time?" Sure enough she and Tim agreed and now we are both scheduled to be at the AKL next year at the same time!!! The kids are so EXCITED and cannot wait to see Luke and Lauren again, we all had such fun together!

Coming up next:

Sleeping in
Brunch with Mickey's best pals
Dinner in Canada

Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #385
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Another great update!

I know what you mean about getting emotional...I do that too! Mine usually happens the first fireworks or parade I see.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #386
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

What a nice evening. Isn't the Grand Floridian beautiful! Jeremy did the pirate cruise there last year on Thanksgiving Day. Tom and I enjoyed looking around the resort. If you are ever there over the holidays, check out the gingerbread house. Simply stunning!

Erika

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #387
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I am so hungry seeing your dinner pictures! Nothing in my house at the moment is going to cut it for lunch now! LOL! That looks like a lovely meal! And love the S'mores dessert! Yum!

Allyson
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #388
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

I am so torn for our trip in September. We are currently scheduled to eat dinner on Friday night at Artist Point at the WL (our goal was to try as many new places as possible). However, I love Narcossees and I keep thinking that I am doing myself an injustice not eating there.

Have you ever had dinner at Artist Point and if so if you could only choose one which would it be?

Thanks,

Lorrie
Old 07-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #389
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

Great Update

So cool that you guys are vacationing together next year.
I have to say the Mickey celebrate balloon on top the cone in your dessert was just the cutest thing!! Love all the extra touches they do.
Nice to bring the Mickey straws to the kids too.
GF is really pretty. The Christmas tree there for the holidays just took my breath away last year. Can't wait to go again. You guys are going to have to go for Christmas one year.

Where do they have the UP house and balloon at DTD? Too Cute.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #390
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great update Diane! I have never been to Narcoossee's either. But I think that is where we will have our Anniversary dinner. I was undecided about there or Cali grill but I think well try something new . the food pics look excellent, making me hungry. How long did you take you to walk back to SSR? We would have that one night we waited 45 minutes for a bus but it was pouring. Great night swimming with new friends. that your family and Lesley's will be at AKL at the same time next year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: