Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #811
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess View Post
We leave for 8 days at POFQ tomorrow! We are taking ME to our resort. The luggage tags we received have the wrong date on them. I called ME and was told not to use the tags, just give them the baggage claim stubs when we get there. I am a worrier and am thinking it would be much safer if we go to baggage claim and get our bags and have them on the bus with us. Help please!
Completely up to you. If you feel safer just getting your own bags, then do so. Many guests have just given the baggage info to the DME checkin CMs and had their luggage delivered just fine. But it is certainly not worth worrying about. YOu need to start your vacation off on a happy note, not stressing over baggage delivery.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #812
Ksteele04
Earning My Ears

Ok so I have what could possibly be considered the dumbest question of all time. I got my package today (38 days out, for those who want to know) and I am looking at them, trying to figure out how they will go on. There are two of us and we got two long strips. Do we peel apart and stick both ends together and make two? Or do they tear at the half point and we would have 4? Seems they would be small if we made them into 4. I think I've seen a thread showing how they go on but I can't find it again. Any help?
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #813
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

You have one tag per person. Each one is about 12"-16" long. Do NOT tear them in the middle to make four tags. You will slip the entire tag through the luggage handle, tear off the little squarish piece at both ends, and stick them to each other..making one loop. It says 'peel off this portion only' at each end..this is what you peel off, not the whole strip. The loop has to be able to turn freely on the luggage.
If perchance you need more tags, call DME and request them...don't try to make four out of the two.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #814
Ksteele04
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You have one tag per person. Each one is about 12"-16" long. Do NOT tear them in the middle to make four tags. You will slip the entire tag through the luggage handle, tear off the little squarish piece at both ends, and stick them to each other..making one loop. It says 'peel off this portion only' at each end..this is what you peel off, not the whole strip. The loop has to be able to turn freely on the luggage.
If perchance you need more tags, call DME and request them...don't try to make four out of the two.
Thanks, as I stated it was probably dumb question of the year, but it just seemed weird to me either way. I called up and two more are on their way to me in case I need them. Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #815
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Not even close to the dumbest question of the year!!! No one should ever worry about asking a question here. There are no dumb questions..okay, maybe one or two. But no one will ever know what I think are the dumb questions...
Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #816
Va-bear
Dream World=we get to sit home and drink hot cocoa!
They need to offer speed reading classes to bears!

Oh gosh, I"m sure in 55 pages this has been asked...and I even read aobut 10 pages ubt need to get to bed, so please forgive me.

What is the latest (days/weeks-wise) you can add DME to a reservation? about 10 days ago we booked a "quickie", unexpected trip and paid for it that day - which put us right at 45 days out. (We got the paperwork w/in days....)

But I have just booked our flights today - so we are at about 35 days out now - can I call DME tomorrow and still get tags, etc., in time? Do I need to call WDW reservations too, or just the DME # I've seen posted here?

Thanks a TON!!

2014-Pop 2012 Pop 2011-POFQ/Disney Dream Cruise 2009-Pop 2008-AK 2007-POP/POR 2006-Wilderness Lodge 2005-Celebration Radisson 2001-Wyndham Palace 1993-offsite 1975-Fort Wilderness
Va-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:55 AM   #817
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-bear View Post
Oh gosh, I"m sure in 55 pages this has been asked...and I even read aobut 10 pages ubt need to get to bed, so please forgive me.

What is the latest (days/weeks-wise) you can add DME to a reservation? about 10 days ago we booked a "quickie", unexpected trip and paid for it that day - which put us right at 45 days out. (We got the paperwork w/in days....)

But I have just booked our flights today - so we are at about 35 days out now - can I call DME tomorrow and still get tags, etc., in time? Do I need to call WDW reservations too, or just the DME # I've seen posted here?

Thanks a TON!!
You'll be absolutely fine. Call tomorrow. Even for people who made reservations a year in advance, DME sends out the DME packet about 3-6 weeks before the arrival date. So like I said, you're fine.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #818
Va-bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You'll be absolutely fine. Call tomorrow. Even for people who made reservations a year in advance, DME sends out the DME packet about 3-6 weeks before the arrival date. So like I said, you're fine.
Thanks! You rock !!

2014-Pop 2012 Pop 2011-POFQ/Disney Dream Cruise 2009-Pop 2008-AK 2007-POP/POR 2006-Wilderness Lodge 2005-Celebration Radisson 2001-Wyndham Palace 1993-offsite 1975-Fort Wilderness
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #819
beachgrl001
DIS Veteran

my DME tags came today and they say POP on them but I got an upgrade to OKW so now I am a little uncomfortable putting the POP tags on my luggage. I called ME and they said that it goes by the bar code not what the tags say, has anyone had experience with something like this? I really dont want my bags to end up at the wrong place
Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #820
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl001 View Post
my DME tags came today and they say POP on them but I got an upgrade to OKW so now I am a little uncomfortable putting the POP tags on my luggage. I called ME and they said that it goes by the bar code not what the tags say, has anyone had experience with something like this? I really dont want my bags to end up at the wrong place
A few hours ago, someone else posted an almost identical question to yours. Here was my response:

You DON'T need new DME luggage tags.

The most important thing on each luggage tag os the barcode. The barcode is "computerese" for your reservation number ... that is, when the barcode is scanned, it gives them all the info they need to know about your reservation.

Yes, you upgraded, but your reservation number did not change. Therefore, the barcode still works. Your reservation number for your Pop Century reservation is the same reservation number for your OKW reservation. So when that barcode is scanned by DME, the bag will be routed to OKW and not to Pop.

But then there are those pesky humans. Pesky, helpful humans in the Disney luggage sorting facility (located on the airport grounds) might notice a bag seemingly tagged for Pop Century in the Old Key West area, and that pesky helpful human might decide to do his/her good deed for the day and "correctly" route your bag to Pop.

The way you fix this is very simple (and this advice came from DME itself in the past): take a black Sharpie (but I guess any brand will do ) and cross out the words "Pop Century," but be VERY careful not to mess with any of the barcodes. In addition, you can cross out (or color in) the letters "AK" inside the Mickey head on the tag. I'll explain:

For luggage delivery, DME has 4 zones. Pop Century is in the AK zone, so it will be initially grouped with other AK zone resorts (Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, the 3 All Stars) ... but you don't want your bag to end up in that part of the building ... you want your bag in with the bags from the "DD" zone (OKW, Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness Campground, both Port Orleans resorts). So if you just color in or otherwise cross out the "AK" on each tag you'll use, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

And if you really want, you can carefully write OKW or Old Key West on your tags.

Please, please follow these instructions carefully, and you and your luggage will have no trouble whatsoever.

No need for new tags.

But if you don't want to trust a stranger from New Jersey and you want to hear this exact same advice from DME itself, call DME directly at 866-599-0951.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #821
beachgrl001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
A few hours ago, someone else posted an almost identical question to yours. Here was my response:

You DON'T need new DME luggage tags.

The most important thing on each luggage tag os the barcode. The barcode is "computerese" for your reservation number ... that is, when the barcode is scanned, it gives them all the info they need to know about your reservation.

Yes, you upgraded, but your reservation number did not change. Therefore, the barcode still works. Your reservation number for your Pop Century reservation is the same reservation number for your OKW reservation. So when that barcode is scanned by DME, the bag will be routed to OKW and not to Pop.

But then there are those pesky humans. Pesky, helpful humans in the Disney luggage sorting facility (located on the airport grounds) might notice a bag seemingly tagged for Pop Century in the Old Key West area, and that pesky helpful human might decide to do his/her good deed for the day and "correctly" route your bag to Pop.

The way you fix this is very simple (and this advice came from DME itself in the past): take a black Sharpie (but I guess any brand will do ) and cross out the words "Pop Century," but be VERY careful not to mess with any of the barcodes. In addition, you can cross out (or color in) the letters "AK" inside the Mickey head on the tag. I'll explain:

For luggage delivery, DME has 4 zones. Pop Century is in the AK zone, so it will be initially grouped with other AK zone resorts (Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, the 3 All Stars) ... but you don't want your bag to end up in that part of the building ... you want your bag in with the bags from the "DD" zone (OKW, Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness Campground, both Port Orleans resorts). So if you just color in or otherwise cross out the "AK" on each tag you'll use, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

And if you really want, you can carefully write OKW or Old Key West on your tags.

Please, please follow these instructions carefully, and you and your luggage will have no trouble whatsoever.

No need for new tags.

But if you don't want to trust a stranger from New Jersey and you want to hear this exact same advice from DME itself, call DME directly at 866-599-0951.
nope I trust you, us jersey ppl have to stick together. I was thinking Of doing exactly that! crossing out pop w/a sharpie and writing okw! I just wasnt sure if I should(I feared it would make the situation worse). Also they sent only 3 luggage tags(3ppl in our party) so I am going to have to give them a call and ask for another tag (we are flying sw and I may want to take advantage of being able to have a 2nd bag)

thanks again!
ps. that was interesting about the "zones" Last year we stayed at AKL so when the luggage tags said AK on them I thought nothing of it. I cant remember what they said the years before that...
Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #822
MICKEEP
DIS Veteran

Someone wrote that the tags should arrive about 3-6 weeks before your check-in date. Is this correct? because we check into THV in 18 days and I have not seen anything yet. Should I wait a little longer or should I call Disney up right away. And if so, who do I call?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #823
Va-bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl001 View Post
...thanks again!
ps. that was interesting about the "zones" Last year we stayed at AKL so when the luggage tags said AK on them I thought nothing of it. I cant remember what they said the years before that...
We stayed at AKL last year too! And are scheduled to stay at Pop in just over a month this year! Do you mind if I ask when they offered you the upgrade (MAJOR Congrats, BTW!!!) - I would SO love to be offered that!

Also, when did you get your DME luggage tags? Since we are leaving about the same time I was just curious (I am now eagerly awaiting mine after rushing to plan a last minute trip - usually we do all of this so early that we get everything early... it is a bit nerve wracking to do it this way.)

Have a GREAT trip!!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #824
FingZing
Earning My Ears

DME Luggage Tags

Thanks for the concise summary Tyler!!
FingZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #825
beachgrl001
DIS Veteran

ok Im back again disney previously sent me the voucher packet and luggage tags for our upcomming stay(we were upgraded from pop to okw), the stuff all said pop century on it but I know now that it goes by the
res # ok so taday disney sent me another voucher (arcade, sea racer ect.) and it all says okw. so should I expect new ME tags to be on the way next???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: