Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #346
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fabulous date night. Hubby and I are going to Yachtsman and kids are going to the Sandcastle club About how long did it take you to get to the Beach Club and then how much longer to walk to the Yacht Club. We've never been to either. Is the signage good?

I'm a bit nervous about what you're going to say about the toy

Loved the boat story

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #347
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the pictures of my happy Beach Club....Baylor had a blast at the Sandcastle club, what did your guys think?
Geesh, on the screaming child, sounded like a trip to the bathroom was in order!

I hope they ended up with R2 D2 but it isn't sounding good. I'm learning to buy things when I see them and not wait for another time...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #348
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an awesome anniversary evening, if you could have just foregone the screaming child!! If all goes according to plan, we have a reservation at Yachtsmans during our Sept. trip. I have looked at the menu and the two appetizers you both had are the two that sound the best to me. So glad I got to see pictures. Thanks!

I hope the day will be saved and you will find R2D2!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #349
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice anniversary dinner minus the screaming child! I'm always so mindful of my children bothering others when we're out - I can't imagine my child screaming for 20 minutes and not taking them out.

That trio of chocolate looked so yummy!

Uh oh about R2D2! Interested to know what happened!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #350
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

What a great Anniversary date! I'm glad your kids like the kid's club...makes it easier, doesn't it? Can't wait until both of mine are of age for the club so we can finally have a night out together!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #351
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

The Beach Club looks so nice! That is for sure on my "short list" of places I would like to stay!

I'm sorry that child was making your dinner less than romantic...I will never understand why people don't remove their child and let them diffuse away from the table, instead of them screaming and making everyone uncomfortable - one of my pet peeves. Babies of course you can understand, but if they're older than 4, it bothers me.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #352
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I just caught up on your reort. I have been behind.

I hate those Indy cars as well. Of course, my son loves them.

Every time I get to go out and eat without my kids, I always get seated by kids. I hate that.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #353
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Late to the party and frantically trying to catch up on your trip report, Diane! I'm loving it--seeing you all on the ME bus gave me that little thrill of anticipation of a trip JUST starting.

You have made me realize one thing, though, pal. I don't think I can ever go in the summertime--the heat would kill me.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #354
Happydog
DIS Veteran

HEY!!! That was a great day! nice date night update, and good to hear all about Beach Club, I have never stayed there, have only walked through, but that is where we are headed in Dec, so I hope it will be nice How did your boys like the Sandcastle club? I was going to consider it for December, depending on where we go for "date night dinner"!! We tried the Neverland club, which the kids really liked, this past trip... Oh no, so I am worried about the R2D2....!!!! I am glad you had a great evening as a family, too!! Great update looking forward to what is next!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #355
I<3stitch626
Mouseketeer

Hi!! joining
so far looks like a great trip!! Your boys are adorable and crack me up!
15 day vacation?! that's SO awesome!

yayy breakfast w/ stitch! My FAV breakfast ever!! can't wait to read about it!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #356
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Great date night! Minus the loud child. Again, like duck poo, not so magical. Yes I know it is Disney, there are a zillion kids, but in a nicer restaurant like the Yachtsman I would have hoped the parents would have had some consideration for the other diners and taken her for walk, done something to calm her down. Glad you were able to enjoy your dinner nonetheless!

Allyson
Old 07-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #357
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
What a great evening. I'm dreaming of the day our kids can go to Kids Club so we can have a nice meal in peace.

I was dying over the I...DID...NOT!

Oh no, I see some ominous foreshadowing.

It was so funny! The kids club is so great, hope you get to use it someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Another great update

Glad you enjoyed your meal minus the wailing Child.

That is a riot about the boat

It does not sound good about not purchasing R2 D2 that night

I hope it all turned out good at the end
Thanks Kelly! We did end up enjoying our meal! More to follow on R2 D2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
What a nice night. I am so sorry that you were seated by a misbehaving child. There is no excuse for that, even at Disney. Too bad you could have not been seated by it, we went out a few weeks ago to a place I would not bring my kids and I balked at sitting by the kids there, so I understand.

I see bad things about not making the boy's purchases....and will be waiting for more.
Thanks Laura! I agree just a few minutes outside calming her down would have worked wonders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
I'm glad you guys are enjoying Disney at a slower pace than usual!! All you look so relaxed and happy
Thanks so much, it really was a very relaxing trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Screaming children, I expect this at Disney, however, not when I'm trying to enjoy a wonderful meal. Agree 100%, take the child out, calm them down and return....we all don't need to hear it Ok I'm good now!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Peg and Geodoc are going there the night before we arrive, I hope they enjoy it as much as you guys did. I think her girls are going to kids club too.....

I am so excited Diane I have to share with you.....I got an ADR for CG this morning. It's for our last night in WDW and we'll be able to enjoy Wishes I seriously almost wept when it came up....I've been trying and trying to get this as Jasmine has always wanted to eat there. Yup. See even now....have a little tear in my eye.......

I have a little bit of a sick feeling in my tummy about that toy.......
HOORAY for getting Cali Grill! You will LOVE it! The kids club was great so they should enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
It sounds like you all had a wonderful night! I've wanted to try Yachtsman but haven't yet. There are some new places on my wish list now for sure.

I have an idea of your foreshadowing...
We did have a very nice evening! You should try Yachtsman, the food was very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Just found your TR and I'm now all caught up! We were there June 22-July 1, so I keep looking to see if we're in any of your pics. Haha.

LOVE the pics from the Cali Grill. I really want to try there sometime.
That is too funny! Glad you joined us! The Cali Grill was AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
Oh! It sounds like it was a wonderful dinner. I am sorry about the misbehaving child. Funny thing is my DH and I had the same type of encounter the last time we were in the Yachtsman. There was a child of about 4 or 5 and her parents were letting her run laps around there table and they were sat right next to us. Quite frankly I have had enough of it and if something like this occurs on our trip in September I will ask to be moved.

The part about the boat is absolutely hilarious. If your DH is anything like mine he wouldn't know the first thing about how to book an Illuminations cruise.

I am looking forward to your next update.
The boat story will be a cherished memory for sure and yes, Bryan would have NO CLUE how to book a cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Wow, I was sure I was going to read about a nap somewhere in this day because of your late night at CG and early morning at CP. But no! You all are the energizer bunnies. Even an evening at DTD.

That's a cute story about the Anniversary boat. Thanks for sharing. I can see how your DH must have been like a dear in the head-lights. That will be a great story for you all to share for years to come.
We were the energizer bunnies on that day but when it was bedtime, we crashed HARD!! Yes, poor Bryan was like a deer in the headlights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
How did the boys enjoy the Sandcastle kids club?
They really enjoyed it! There were video games, movies, puppet shows, board games and puzzles and coloring activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Sounds like a great date night. I love the Yacht & Beach clubs. The decor is very nice with all the pastel colors and beach themes. I liked your review of the Yachtsman because I will be eating there in Oct.

I am worried that the boys don't get their R2-D2s.
It was a great date night and we enjoyed the food at Yachtsman, more to follow on the R2-D2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a lovely date night even without the boat ride!

So, are the Beach Club Villas on your next-time list now that you have visited the resort?

As a mom, my heart just sank when I read that you had made a mistake telling the boys to wait on the R2-D2 -- I so hope I am wrong about what I think must have happened!
Thanks Jackie! I would LOVE to stay at the Beach Club Villas someday but we are excited to go back to the AKV in June, we really missed it there this past trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
I totally agree, even as a Y&BC lover, I like California Grill better than Yachtsman, and I really like Yachtsman!

Sound like it was a nice evening, interested to hear what your mistake is regarding the R2D2.
Yes, I definitely liked Cali Grill better but I did like the food at yachtsman! More on R2-D2 later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Oh no on the R2D2 your scaring me. Thomas would be devastated if he was not able to get it with his Bday money. Yachtsman Steakhouse looks great! Sorry about the screaming little girl, you would think people would be more considerate and take the kid for a calming walk. I think I'm going to book Cali Grille for our Anniversary.
Hi Nichole! i am so happy you and Tommy are going alone for your anniversary! The R2=D2 thing was a HUGE drama filled event! I hope you get Cali Grill!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #358
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Sounds like a fabulous date night. Hubby and I are going to Yachtsman and kids are going to the Sandcastle club About how long did it take you to get to the Beach Club and then how much longer to walk to the Yacht Club. We've never been to either. Is the signage good?

I'm a bit nervous about what you're going to say about the toy

Loved the boat story
Hi! i would say with waiting at SSR for a bus and then transferring at DTD to a Beach Club bus it took about 35 minutes BUT we got a Beach club bus right away. You can walk inside the Beach Club pretty far to the YachtClub and then the Yachtsman is just around the corner. I would say that the yachtsman is about a 4-5 minute walk from the Beach club lobby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Thanks so much for the pictures of my happy Beach Club....Baylor had a blast at the Sandcastle club, what did your guys think?
Geesh, on the screaming child, sounded like a trip to the bathroom was in order!

I hope they ended up with R2 D2 but it isn't sounding good. I'm learning to buy things when I see them and not wait for another time...
Hi Anita, you are welcome for the pictures! Our boys loved the sandcastle club! A bathroom trip was definitely in order for that little girl!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Sounds like an awesome anniversary evening, if you could have just foregone the screaming child!! If all goes according to plan, we have a reservation at Yachtsmans during our Sept. trip. I have looked at the menu and the two appetizers you both had are the two that sound the best to me. So glad I got to see pictures. Thanks!

I hope the day will be saved and you will find R2D2!!
I think you will really enjoy Yachtsman, the food really is very good and my appetizer was AMAZING, I wish I had some now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Sounds like a nice anniversary dinner minus the screaming child! I'm always so mindful of my children bothering others when we're out - I can't imagine my child screaming for 20 minutes and not taking them out.

That trio of chocolate looked so yummy!

Uh oh about R2D2! Interested to know what happened!
Thanks Carissa! i was in awe that the other adults were not affected by her screaming!! The chocolate was YUMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
What a great Anniversary date! I'm glad your kids like the kid's club...makes it easier, doesn't it? Can't wait until both of mine are of age for the club so we can finally have a night out together!
It was a GREAT night! The kids clubs are SO WORTH IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
The Beach Club looks so nice! That is for sure on my "short list" of places I would like to stay!

I'm sorry that child was making your dinner less than romantic...I will never understand why people don't remove their child and let them diffuse away from the table, instead of them screaming and making everyone uncomfortable - one of my pet peeves. Babies of course you can understand, but if they're older than 4, it bothers me.
The Beach Club is beautiful isn't it! The screaming kids are a pet peeve of mine too and this was a 3-4 year old child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I just caught up on your reort. I have been behind.

I hate those Indy cars as well. Of course, my son loves them.

Every time I get to go out and eat without my kids, I always get seated by kids. I hate that.
Yay, another person that is not a fan of the Indy cars!! Yes, We always seem to be seated by children too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
Late to the party and frantically trying to catch up on your trip report, Diane! I'm loving it--seeing you all on the ME bus gave me that little thrill of anticipation of a trip JUST starting.

You have made me realize one thing, though, pal. I don't think I can ever go in the summertime--the heat would kill me.
Hi AMy!!!!!!! How are you? I hope all is well!! I am so glad you made it over! the boys enjoyed the arcade card immensly so THANK YOU again!!! The heat was pretty bad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
HEY!!! That was a great day! nice date night update, and good to hear all about Beach Club, I have never stayed there, have only walked through, but that is where we are headed in Dec, so I hope it will be nice How did your boys like the Sandcastle club? I was going to consider it for December, depending on where we go for "date night dinner"!! We tried the Neverland club, which the kids really liked, this past trip... Oh no, so I am worried about the R2D2....!!!! I am glad you had a great evening as a family, too!! Great update looking forward to what is next!!!
You will LOVE BEach Club and how nice to stay there at Christmas time!! The boys really enjoyed the sandcastle club, the staff were very nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3stitch626 View Post
Hi!! joining
so far looks like a great trip!! Your boys are adorable and crack me up!
15 day vacation?! that's SO awesome!

yayy breakfast w/ stitch! My FAV breakfast ever!! can't wait to read about it!
WELCOME, thanks for joining us! Thank you for all of your sweet comments too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Great date night! Minus the loud child. Again, like duck poo, not so magical. Yes I know it is Disney, there are a zillion kids, but in a nicer restaurant like the Yachtsman I would have hoped the parents would have had some consideration for the other diners and taken her for walk, done something to calm her down. Glad you were able to enjoy your dinner nonetheless!

Allyson
Thanks Allyson! Too funny I was thinking of your not so magical line when I was typing up that installment!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #359
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 8

We woke up after a GREAT nights sleep and were ready to head to the Polynesian for our breakfast with Lilo and Stitch! We went down to the bus stop at about 7:30 as our breakfast was at 8:30! A bus came pretty quickly! We got on and I said to the boys "Are you guys hungry?" to which the bus driver replied "I am where are you all eating?" I said "Ohana with Lilo and Stitch!" She then said "stay on after we go to the Magic Kingdom and I will drop you off at the Polynesian!" WOO HOO! Well, it turned out to be even better than that, we went around SSR and NO ONE else got on the bus! The bus driver drove us directly to the Poly!!! How is that for service! We were so HAPPY! Of course because we had such awesome service, we arrived at the Poly at 8:00am a whole 1/2 hour early! I was surprised that they sat us within 10 minutes! We all got lei'd!!! We then were shown to our table and the characters started coming immediately!

The food was AWESOME and so was the juice!!!

Bryan and the boys enjoying their breakfast!

Then it was time for the parade and Eric decided to participate!

After the parade these guys stopped by!

We wrapped up our delicious breakfast and then went out to catch the monorail to the Magic Kingdom!

We arrived just after it opened and I can't believe I am going to say this but it was nice to not have to wait around in the heat for the park to open! We went right in and headed for the Haunted Mansion..........

We waited for Bryan as he went ot go fastpass BTMRR first!

Then he met up with us and we all went in!

We then went into Fantasyland and hit up Peter pan!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST......

Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #360
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 8 continued

After Peter Pan, the boys and Bryan went here...........

So I went here.........

Then we all met up here.....

Then we went over to the Hall of Presidents! Bryan was really excited to be able to see it as it was something he and his dad enjoyed together and was a wonderful memory for him! It was great because it was an annual passholder event that day so we got to see it before the actual opening!

An excited Bryan...

A goofy Eric....

A nice portrait....

The show was GREAT, they added alot of new detail and 9/11 was shown in parts and I will admit it made me cry!!! The sound and picture quality were great too! Some parts of it I didn't like but overall we thought it was very well done!!

When we came out, it was POURING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our stroller got SOAKED, so we went to have lunch to get out of the rain!

After lunch we went to Splash as we had gotten fastpasses before the Hall of Presidents!

It was our return time!!!

After Splash, we decided to make our way out and head back to SSR, the past few days were starting to catch up with us!

We stopped to shop along the way!

Matthew contemplating a purchase...

Eric and Matthew trying to make a decision...

Finally a decision and a purchase!

We made one final stop at the Chapeau to exchange one of Matthew's ears from his hat! The ear had gotten crushed a few days earlier!

Bryan and Matthew enjoying a game of checkers!

Then we were headed out and back to SSR!!

Coming up: Another AMAZING MEAL
A funny mystery at the pool

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: