Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #166
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oh, thank you very much Mickey_Mom! I hadn't been able to find them, so this is great.

And BelleBway, I'm going to have to be careful at the dessert party now! If our room wasn't ready before we go to the park, he won't know about it until we get back! That means I have to keep my mouth shut about it around you!

Are your nieces getting really excited?
Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #167
BelleBway
Spreading Sparkly Purple Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
And BelleBway, I'm going to have to be careful at the dessert party now! If our room wasn't ready before we go to the park, he won't know about it until we get back! That means I have to keep my mouth shut about it around you!

Are your nieces getting really excited?
ooooh, thanks for mentioning that so I'll know not to ask you about it!

I haven't seen them for a few weeks due to illness and stuff, but I should see them tomorrow! They have no clue what it's like to be at WDW and I have so many little surprises planned on top of that. I can't wait to see their reactions- starting when I go over all the plans with them at the airport.
WDW: 1976, 1985, 1986: Offsite | 1990: Disney Inn/ Big Red Boat | 1992: CBR | 1995: Dixie Landings | 1996: Poly | 1997: Offsite | Apr 1998: BW | July 1998: ASMu | Dec 1998: BC/ Disney Magic | June 1999: ASMu/ Contemporary Tower | Dec 1999: WL/ Contemporary Tower | 2000: CBR/ POFQ/ CSR | 2003: Contemporary Tower | 2009: AKL with the nieces| 2011: Disney Dream/ GF with the nieces | 2013: Poly with the nieces | 2014: Pop

DLP: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000
TDR: 1993, 2002, 2005, 2012
HKDL: 2007, 2010, 2013
DL: a bunch of times I can't remember, 2000, 2010, 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #168
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

So I totally forgot to say anything about it yesterday, even though that was the reason I came on to post.. so now I have to say it here:

THERE'S (less than) ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!

That's right! As of today, we officially have less than one month left!

So many times today, I thought about getting there, and I got butterflies in my stomach. I'm so excited!

Tomorrow (well, today, since it's 12:59 am), Lou is coming over to my house and we're going to watch the Disney Planning DVD he got (that I sent him), make a Garden Grocer list, etc. I just can't let him get on the Dis, so he doesn't see anything that will ruin the surprise. I have a great plan to capture his reaction:

I'm going to say "oh, I'm going to take a picture of our room number for the DIS" but really set the camera on video, and then have him open the door while I furtively film him. Then I'll show everyone when we get back!

Yesterday, to celebrate one month left (and because he loved the food on Friday), Lou brought me onto a boat (the Majesty) he was working for two days because the narrator has swine flu, so he covered for the guy during his lunch break from Codzilla.

It's a lunch cruise, so he still gets fed, and it has lots of good food. After he narrated part of it, he came down and ate with me, then went back up and did some more while I ate dessert (strawberry shortcake, yum!)

Then he scared me by poking me and saying "Hey" , I didn't know he was going to come back down! He invited me into the wheelhouse, where I got to meet the captain (she's incredibly nice!) and sit there for the rest of the time, so I had a great view!

We looked at the time while we were eating and realized that at that time we should be at our hotel next month! And then when we talked later that night while I was looking up a bus schedule for him, we realized that in a month, we'd be sitting down at the Dessert Buffet!

This is so exciting! I'm waiting for my new Magical Express luggage tags, and then we're done with mail and stuff until we leave!

I went to the store the other day to buy a few things:
Benedryl because his hands swell up sometimes (we don't know why), and he has seasonal allergies, and because I sometimes have trouble breathing, which I also think is seasonal allergies, but I'm not sure.
He bought a new water bottle the day we got the upgrade, it has one of those gel tubes in it that you freeze - that one's going to be his, I'll use my little Kool-Aid and Lemonade packets in plastic bottles, thank you very much! (Yes, I will probably end up stealing his water, I know.)
SPF 70 sunscreen - It was only a dollar more than the SPF 35, and I don't know if he'll have had the surgery on his shoulder to remove a mole that the doctor didn't like (I forget if I told this story already?). If not, better safe than sorry.

I think that's it for now.... it's getting close! And for a lot of you who are reading this, you're going before me, so it's even closer for you!

Are we all excited?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #169
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm super Excited!!!!! I really can't wait! I just got back from my MINI Hershey Vaca now it's time for a real vaca!!!!
That's great you got to ride a different boat the view you had sounds awesome! I have to sit down and make all my days out etc...etc.... I'm behind this year I'll do that in work this week if we're slow! Cheerleading starts this week so it's major crunch time and I might not be around here as much!! I'm going to have to log on late at night!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #170
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

29 Days!! That's so fun realizing where you'll be at certain times. And a nice way to think about it on a boat cruise!

Watching the DVD sounds like fun, I think we'll do that today too. And your sneaky video plans sound like it'll work no problem

I don't remember the mole story.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #171
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Great update! I'm super Excited!!!!! I really can't wait! I just got back from my MINI Hershey Vaca now it's time for a real vaca!!!!
That's great you got to ride a different boat the view you had sounds awesome! I have to sit down and make all my days out etc...etc.... I'm behind this year I'll do that in work this week if we're slow! Cheerleading starts this week so it's major crunch time and I might not be around here as much!! I'm going to have to log on late at night!!!!
Don't you do that already?

I read about your Hershey Vacation - besides the rain, it sounded nice!

For Cheerleading, is it Pop Warner cheerleading? Do you go to Disney with them? If not, I might suggest a switch in teams. Just kidding!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #172
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
29 Days!! That's so fun realizing where you'll be at certain times. And a nice way to think about it on a boat cruise!

Watching the DVD sounds like fun, I think we'll do that today too. And your sneaky video plans sound like it'll work no problem

I don't remember the mole story.
Alright, well, advance warning then, it's Semi-Gross Story Time!!

So I don't know if it's an Italian thing or just a Lou thing, but he's got a lot of... "beauty marks".

A couple of them worry me, especially because his family tends not to wear sunscreen. He's better about it, and at least he doesn't go tanning like the rest of them, but when his family doesn't even own sunscreen, that's a problem. So I kept nagging (yes, nagging, because I know my mother is reading this and that's what she says I do... ) him to get a body scan at a dermatologist. And FINALLY, after a really long time, he finally did.

And guess what? I was right. He has a mark on his shoulder that's about as big as my thumbnail, if not bigger, and it's really pigmented. So those things combined worried me. And the doctor too, because she said he had to get it out. Immediately. And scheduled an appointment for the next week. Which he then canceled so we could go to the Cape. But when his mom called to cancel, she was supposed to reschedule it, and I guess she didn't.... she also was in the "Danica is just worrying over nothing" crowd.

And now, he and his mother haven't been home together for the past couple days (because he works the day shift, and her the night), so he hasn't been able to reschedule... and after this upcoming weekend, he's working every day for the next week and a half or so. And then he has a little buffer (and hopefully they have still have open appointments then), and then it's Disney!

And I don't want to have to take stitches out on my Disney trip, but I will if I have to. But what I really don't want on my Disney trip is a call telling us that it was cancerous, after they do the tests, and that he has to go back and get more taken out - he's already going to have a big scar on his shoulder as it is.

Phew! And there you go, there's the story.

Sorry you asked?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #173
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Not at all! Those kinds of things are scary to be sure, but I also have a co-worker who gets these 'beauty marks' removed all the time. He's so nonchalant about them that he's sort of jaded me on their seriousness and he's quick to always say there's nothing to it, just another day do-do-do .

Have it done and enjoy yourselves. And huge kudos to you for making him check it out!!! Nagging or not - you were right!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #174
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

Your lunch cruise sounds like fun! I meant to tell you - we love BHC and always do at least one every summer. I would do the Codzilla, but I'm not too crazy about getting wet, so it's probably not for me. DH and the kids would love it though, so maybe I'll send them sometime!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #175
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

You could always sit in the front - those people don't get (as) wet (and sometimes even not at all)! And you could say hi to Lou and confuse him so much - it's almost worth it just for that!

And if I get a job there next year, as I might, looking at his steadily increasing bank account, then you can visit me too!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #176
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #177
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

How awesome for the upgrade. I am so jealous of all you going. I know I went once this year, and thats more than alot of people do, but I just so want to go again. LOL!
I have decided to really work on paying down some debt I have, and then saving any extra cash after that so that I can do maybe a second trip in the future.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #178
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I hear you got an upgrade!!! We'll miss you at Pop but we'll still meet up and hang out if you want! Our trip is just a few days away now!!! Can you believe it? Days....not months!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #179
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I hear you got an upgrade!!! We'll miss you at Pop but we'll still meet up and hang out if you want! Our trip is just a few days away now!!! Can you believe it? Days....not months!
I can't wait! It's soooo close.... and I definitely hope we can still meet up!

Can I still be a part of your cab share? Is that still doable?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #180
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I can't wait! It's soooo close.... and I definitely hope we can still meet up!

Can I still be a part of your cab share? Is that still doable?
HECK YEAH! We drive down so I'm good for a meet anywhere...almost anytime. I just texted you to make sure the # I put in is right!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: