Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #496
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
What a lovely update! I do have to laugh at your pal mickey / urinal incident lol, as we girls love to chat in the bathroom......
I used to work in a midtown manhattan building that had the restrooms in the center of each floor. There were doors on both ends so no one had to walk all the way around. I once saw a coworker go into the men's room as I going to an office on the other side. When I rounded the second corner, there he was outside! I said "short cut through the men's room?" He say "VP at the urinal. Had to just pass through. He likes to chitchat about work while he does his business." lol Women don't have THAT problem.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #497
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
Anyone else notice the last chapter did not mention Wishes once despite the title saying it was their last chance for Wishes?

I actually find that impressive.
That's not the worst part.....the chapter wasn't even about the right park.....because we spent the morning in Epcot.

This may surprise some people.....but I don't put a heck of a lot of thought into my chapter titles. The Wishes story won't even come until the end of the day....which could be a few dozen chapters away.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #498
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
I used to work in a midtown manhattan building that had the restrooms in the center of each floor. There were doors on both ends so no one had to walk all the way around. I once saw a coworker go into the men's room as I going to an office on the other side. When I rounded the second corner, there he was outside! I said "short cut through the men's room?" He say "VP at the urinal. Had to just pass through. He likes to chitchat about work while he does his business." lol Women don't have THAT problem.
See....even a VP is not allowed to break the unwritten rule about unnecessary chatter at the urinal. I'm not just making this stuff up ya know.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Old 07-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #499
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
See....even a VP is not allowed to break the unwritten rule about unnecessary chatter at the urinal. I'm not just making this stuff up ya know.
I believe you. Many women chit-chat in the loo, but we have stalls to provide some privacy.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #500
Peter Panic Attack

Chpt 41 - Black Forest Cake for lunch

Soaring was a blast. We love that bugger. Itís totally like hang gliding.....except you get to skip all that pesky training and exercise......and fresh air. Although, it seems like youíre getting fresh air when you fly over those orange trees. Speaking of oranges......is anybody else getting hungry?

Coincidentally, it was getting pretty close to lunch time. Sometimes, I can just sense these kinds of things. I know this may sound bizarre....but my body sends me signals when itís hungry....or cold.....or sleepy. I donít tell you of my special powers to make you jealous.....just so youíll envy me. Honestly, I really do have special eyes though. Theyíre not bionic or anything....although how cool would that be? ďSo which park do you think will be least crowded today honey? Well, let me just step outside the hotel room and take a look.....with my bionic eyes.Ē Anyway, itís nothing like that. They just have something unique on the inside with the myelin....or nerve insulation to the layman. Every time I go in for an eye examine...the doctor brings in the entire staff.....and they all poke me and prod me like Iím some kind of animal. When I was really little, the doctor told me my eyes were ďone in a millionĒ. But when I asked him if I could exchange them someday for a large bag of gold......he said no.....and that he couldnít be my doctor anymore.

We headed for Canada to pick up the kids Le Happy Meal and then lugged their lunch over to England where we sat at a table in a beautiful garden surrounded by lush greenery.....and singing birds....and......frolicking woodland creatures....yeah, thatís the ticket. We felt a little guilty using Englandís facilities without buying so much as a single fish or chip...which are actually french fries by the way. Apparently, there are no truth in advertising laws in the UK. On the other hand....if England had put a little effort into that whole revolutionary war deal a couple of hundred years ago.....instead of just phoning it in because they thought the American colonials were a bunch of farmer bumpkins who just happened to hate tea......theyíd have owned the whole state of Florida right now. So.....really....they had only themselves to blame. Plus, the line for the fish and chips was ginormous.....so Tinkershell and I just ate the kidís McFlurrys to tide us over until we decided where we wanted to eat.

What really sounded good to us......and when I say ďusĒ I mean me.....was the Sommerfest over in Germany. Because, itís got the three Bís: Bratwurst, Beer, and Black Forest Cake. Granted, it was absolutely the farthest point in the showcase away from England.....but I was willing to log a few miles on the old pedometer for the three Bís. So we headed off in the direction of France to start our long journey around the lagoon....which always reminds me of Gilliganís Island because, as a kid, that was my first encounter with the word ďlagoonĒ. By the way, we got to see the lagoon from Gilliganís Island on our honeymoon cruise....and it turns out that itís super close to the Bahamas. How ironic is that? Stranded all those years.....when they probably could have just flagged down a Carnival Cruise ship. Iím starting to wonder if the Professor was as smart as he claimed to be.

Speaking of chunnels, did you realize that thereís no chunnel in Epcot between the UK and France? How do you have England and France right next to each other....separated by water.....and not have a chunnel? I mean.....obviously Pal Mickey would have hated it...because of his unreasonable fear of water......covered tunnels. But still.....to me, itís a no-brainer. Anyway, after crossing the boring bridge.... which is definitely not a chunnel... over to France, we stopped for a few pictures by their fountains. One thing I have picked up from reading other peopleís trip reports is that we stink at pictures. Seriously, with digital cameras these days, we should be snapping a picture every half a dozen steps or so....but we went whole mornings without taking a single snapshot. In our defense, we videotaped the heck out of WDW....but why canít we do both? Obviously, I donít know....thatís why Iím asking you. We also stopped and got a couple of shots at the photopass spot in Morocco. Morocco will always be special to Tinkershell and I because thatís where we had our very first dinner in WDW on our honeymoon. Weíve even got some video of Tinkershell shaking her moneymaker after she was pulled into some type of Moroccan street parade. Yup, it was a blast. We used to have a bunch of video I took of the Marrakesh belly-dancer....because I found her performance culturally fascinating .....but Tinkershell accidently deleted it.

Which way to the chunnel?

When we finally pulled into Germany, the temporary sugar rush from the McFlurry had totally worn off and we were ready to tuck into some bratwurst and beer. The seating at Sommerfest was limited.....so we located a table where it looked like the family was nearly finished.....and then stood right next to it.....drumming our fingers on the edge of the table....and repeatedly checking our watch and sighing loudly. After a couple of minutes of this treatment, the targeted family got up in a huff....and gave us the dirtiest look as they cleared away their stuff. Honestly.....can you even believe the attitude of some people? Anyway, we got our table and thatís what counts. The lunch was very tasty....especially the Black Forest Cake. But then again, I love those Hostess fruit pies that you can buy at the gas station....even though they are probably the exact same ones that have been on the shelf since I was a kid.....so you might want to take that review with a grain of salt.

Next up: Chpt 42 - Park Hopping to MK

Last edited by Peter Panic Attack; 07-06-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #501
luvngoofy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update! But...
I'll let my ignorance show here...what is a chunnel?
I have been to the UK and France but it was a very long time ago so, maybe this is something after my time there!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #502
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
We headed for Canada to pick up the kids Le Happy Meal
Is that Canadian for "The Happy Meal"?

Quote:
We felt a little guilty using Englandís facilities without buying some much as a single fish or chip...which are actually french fries by the way.
See? This is why I read your trip report. Because I learn stuff.

Quote:
By the way, we got to see the lagoon from Gilliganís Island on our honeymoon cruise....and it turns out that itís super close to the Bahamas. How ironic is that? Stranded all those years.....when they probably could have just flagged down a Carnival Cruise ship. Iím starting to wonder if the Professor was as smart as he claimed to be.
Actually, that man was brilliant. He was stuck on an island with that hot Mary Ann for several years. Sure, he had to put up with daily cries of "Doooop!" from Skipper and outrageously ostentatious behavior from the Thurstons. But a cute chick in short shorts was totally worth it. Or so I hear.

Quote:
Speaking of chunnels, did you realize that thereís no chunnel in Epcot between the UK and France? How do you have England and France right next to each other....separated by water.....and not have a chunnel?
Brilliant observation. No, seriously. Brilliant.

Quote:
We used to have a bunch of video I took of the Marrakesh belly-dancer....because I found her performance culturally fascinating .....but Tinkershell accidently deleted it.
We women can be so technically dumb sometimes!

Quote:
I love those Hostess fruit pies that you can buy at the gas station....even though they are probably the exact same ones that have been on the shelf since I was a kid.....so you might want to take that review with a grain of salt.
Or two.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #503
babydinosaur03
loves red shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvngoofy View Post
I have been to the UK and France but it was a very long time ago so, maybe this is something after my time there!
Here you go! The Chunnel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Tunnel
Old 07-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #504
erinch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chpt 41 - Black Forest Cake for lunch
So we headed off in the direction of France to start our long journey around the lagoon....which always reminds me of Gilligan’s Island because, as a kid, that was my first encounter with the word “lagoon”. By the way, we got to see the lagoon from Gilligan’s Island on our honeymoon cruise....and it turns out that it’s super close to the Bahamas. How ironic is that? Stranded all those years.....when they probably could have just flagged down a Carnival Cruise ship. I’m starting to wonder if the Professor was as smart as he claimed to be.
A couple of thoughts:

first, did you know that you can sing "Amazing Grace" to the tune to Gilligan's Island???
Why would you want to, you ask? Well, it is a good way to drive Church Ladies totally crazy.

Second, the flagging down the Carnival Cruise ship reminded me of the one episode on the History Channel that hubby and I watched of a reality series called something like "Livingstone, I presume??" Oh, I just googled it, it was called "Expedition, Africa" except we called it "Livingstone, I Presume." It was billed as modern adventurers trying to trace the route of Stanley on his way to presuming Livingstone. We watched the first episode, which was a longer hour than an hour sitting on International Drive watching taillights. It featured 4 whiners fighting whenever they were on camera, except for the part where the "native" grad student from Oxford they hired was prancing about in "native attire" shaking sacred gourds to scare away the spirits. (I hear that chanting to the tune of Gilligan's Island is also good for that.)

But the kicker came when the only chick, on the second day of the expedition, was sobbing on camera, because all of the experienced adventurers had totally forgotten that they might want to bring some WATER along. She sobbed, (one day into the trip) "I'm SO scared! We're LOST in this wilderness. This is the first time on this trip that I actually think we might all DIE out here."

As she is sobbing, you can see behind her, a row of electric wires.

I also think there was a Carnival ship going by.

And, not intimating about where Pal Mickey might have gotten off to, but I do need to point out her hair was red. And since they didn't have any water, well, you get my drift.

Last edited by erinch; 07-26-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #505
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvngoofy View Post
I even stumped my family on that one. DS Buddy took a shot at it... but he was thinking of the "channel" between France and England instead of the "chunnel". Whoever is in charge of publicity for the Chunnel ought to be ashamed of themselves.....because they're not getting the word out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
Is that Canadian for "The Happy Meal"?.
Sometimes I worry that I come off pompous when I flaunt my proficiency in foreign languages. After all, I'd hate to lose my connection with the regular folk.

I wonder if subtitles would help?

Quote:
Actually, that man was brilliant. He was stuck on an island with that hot Mary Ann for several years. Sure, he had to put up with daily cries of "Doooop!" from Skipper and outrageously ostentatious behavior from the Thurstons. But a cute chick in short shorts was totally worth it. Or so I hear..
I must admit.....it's an interesting hypothesis......although I think Mary Ann's wore her shorts at that length for practical reasons. You know....to counter the extreme mugginess of the tropical jungle environment. Plus....you're forgetting about Ginger....the glamorous movie star. I don't think the typical adult male would enjoy be marooned with two single provocatively-dressed young women.....it just seems unnatural.

By the way....I don't think I've ever seen anybody spell "doooop" before....so kudos to you.

Quote:
We women can be so technically dumb sometimes!.
To be honest......there are times I suspect it wasn't an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydinosaur03 View Post
Thank you for your timely assistance. What did we ever do without wikipedia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinch View Post
first, did you know that you can sing "Amazing Grace" to the tune to Gilligan's Island???.
I tried this on Sunday.....to very mixed reviews.

Quote:
As she is sobbing, you can see behind her, a row of electric wires. .
Reminds me of "Lost"....where a plane goes down on an uncharted island that just happens to have underground bunkers with all the comforts of home.....and polar bears.

Quote:
And, not intimating about where Pal Mickey might have gotten off to, but I do need to point out her hair was red. And since they didn't have any water, well, you get my drift.
That would be a combination that Pal Mickey would have had difficulty resisting.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #506
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I have missed several updates. I guess I didn't want to hear of the end of Pal Mickey. I am glad that you all where about to continue on without him.

So would you suggest ignoring your itinerary? Two EMH parks in two days?! I'm sure Pal Mickey would not have let you do such a thing. Too bad he is not around.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #507
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I have missed several updates. I guess I didn't want to hear of the end of Pal Mickey. I am glad that you all where about to continue on without him.

So would you suggest ignoring your itinerary? Two EMH parks in two days?! I'm sure Pal Mickey would not have let you do such a thing. Too bad he is not around.
No.....going to a park after the EMH crowd has already arrived is bad news. Pal Mickey would not have been pleased.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #508
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

The three B's. I'd partake in two out of the three. Bratts aren't my favorite thing in the world (Epcot and in general). We've always eaten inside at Germany, never at Somerfest. This year we'll probably be doing that because DH wants to do the CS dining plan instead of TS. I am not very happy about that, but for some strange reason I'm letting him get his way. Perhaps it's because he's going to let me drink my way through the world at Epcot. . .

The Fish and Fries () in England is one of my favorites, despite the extremely long line.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #509
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Glad to see you update again. I mean jeepers it is no fun to be at work, not wanting to do work and not have an update available.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #510
DisneyChristian
Earning my Mouse Ears

My DW (Mickey'sGal) and I absolutely love your trip report. We sat and read all 40 chapters together in one sitting (ok actually two seperate sittings), well she read it to me because she can read outloud with "inflection" which made it even more funny I must admit. It only took us about 4.5 hours to get through too! We see that you are leaving WDW on the day we arrive this year. We are having a terrible time trying to work out our touring plan this year. Too bad we don't have Tinkershell's non-negotiable itinerary. It probably could tell us what parks to go to on what days that would be the least crowded. Do you and Tinkershell have your schedule's worked out for Christmas 2009?

PS. DW and I both think your Trip Report could be published.

me DW : DD DD DD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: