Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #16
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Another update:

Right now I'm feeling frustrated and angry. The oncologist that my mum saw on June 24th, the one who told her the devastating news, has done NOTHING since then. We went for the scope on July 8th, and they said it would be about a week for the results. We called and called last week, left messages, and FINALLY spoke to his nurse. He's on vacation until the 17th of August!!

Which means that he intends to just leave her, with no information or access to any. She doesn't even know what to expect, how things will progress, or what to do about anything. She should have had the results last week and been referred as needed either to a surgeon (if the lymph nodes aren't cancerous) or to the Cross Cancer Center for treatment if they are.

I mean, you don't announce to someone they're going to die and then never see them again!! Now we have this wonderful doctor in the UK and no one for him to talk to!

GRRRR!

So we're going back on Monday to the family doctor to get a referral to a new oncologist. Hopefully, we can get in to see them before we go on vacation. If not, or if it has to be, I'll cancel everything. I'm just so angry about this whole thing. My mum is scared and hurting and it seems SO irresponsible! Not to mention that apparently this oncologist didn't actually SEE the MRI. He just read the report. They hadn't even done a biopsy yet and he felt that it was right to tell my mother she was going to die.

Wish us well on Monday, I should know more by then. Or someone is getting an ear-full!
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: