Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #61
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Well, I called Monday and did not get Chef's Table. That's how fast it went. But I found it strange that the seating time they wanted for us was 5:15pm for the main dining room. They didn't have any other available times for first seating, and it's odd if Tricia's correct about 5:45pm being the first seating time.

I didn't give the dining likes/dislikes yet, so I will call back soon to do that. I'll verify the time, because that doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #62
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Lori - I am sorry you missed out on the Chef's Table but got a reservation for the main room at least.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #63
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Lori - I am sorry you missed out on the Chef's Table but got a reservation for the main room at least.
Thanks, Elin. I'm completely fine with that, since they only take the Tables in Wonderland discount in the main dining room!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #64
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Thanks, Elin. I'm completely fine with that, since they only take the Tables in Wonderland discount in the main dining room!
I am betting they don't take it on Christmas Eve though... Although, last year the only location that did not accept TiW over the holidays was Jiko. Every other place we ate on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day opted to accept it. So, who knows!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #65
spayne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Well, I called Monday and did not get Chef's Table. That's how fast it went. But I found it strange that the seating time they wanted for us was 5:15pm for the main dining room. They didn't have any other available times for first seating, and it's odd if Tricia's correct about 5:45pm being the first seating time.

I didn't give the dining likes/dislikes yet, so I will call back soon to do that. I'll verify the time, because that doesn't make sense to me.
I called yesterday and could only get 5:15 on Tuesday Oct. 20. That's a little early for us to eat. I'm not sure I'll keep it. Sue
spayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #66
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

omg!!
hello from the uk, i have just been reading bits of this thread to dh, who is a french head chef, and so a massivvvee foodie!
this will be our first trip and i would love to do the chefs table, i teach food and hospitality, so i think with our "background" we d get a massive kick out of watching them prep.
we are travelling next aug, so i have alot of time, but any tips for getting the chefs table?? can i 90+10 it??

thanks
tracy

p.s as we are on the ddp, do you think the tow would be beneficila to us?
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #67
nemmie
DIS Veteran

You are all making me SO excited for our 1st time at V and A next month!!!
We are celebrating 2 wonderful years of being married and I think I shall call and ask them to play ''our'' song. Thanks
nemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #68
tiggr33
DVC '97

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
omg!!
hello from the uk, i have just been reading bits of this thread to dh, who is a french head chef, and so a massivvvee foodie!
this will be our first trip and i would love to do the chefs table, i teach food and hospitality, so i think with our "background" we d get a massive kick out of watching them prep.
we are travelling next aug, so i have alot of time, but any tips for getting the chefs table?? can i 90+10 it??

thanks
tracy

p.s as we are on the ddp, do you think the tow would be beneficila to us?
V&A is booked at 90 days. It does not honor 90+10. It is 90 days for everyone. You will have to phone them at 90 days from the date you want.

DDP has no bearing on V&A. The dining plan isn't accepted there.

Club 33 Guest x2
Victoria & Albert's March 2009
50+ WDW trips (stopped counting @ 50)
Platinum Castaway Club Member
eBay = Rabats-Sales
tiggr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #69
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Quote:
I am betting they don't take it on Christmas Eve though... Although, last year the only location that did not accept TiW over the holidays was Jiko. Every other place we ate on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day opted to accept it. So, who knows!
Really? You got lucky then. We ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Christmas Day and they did not take the TIW card.

Sorry you didn't get the CT, Lori. How many of you are going to V&A that night? I hope you have a wonderful time!

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #70
bzelf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggr33 View Post
V&A is booked at 90 days. It does not honor 90+10. It is 90 days for everyone. You will have to phone them at 90 days from the date you want.

DDP has no bearing on V&A. The dining plan isn't accepted there.
I'm not so sure about that. I called to book the Chef's Table yesterday and again this morning. Both times I was asked if I was a resort guest and they looked for a range of dates to see if the Chef's Table was available. The CM at Victoria & Albert's said since I was staying on property, they could book at 90+10. I was quite surprised. I'm not sure it this makes it more difficult to book the Chef's Table or easier if you have a long stay planned.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #71
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
Really? You got lucky then. We ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Christmas Day and they did not take the TIW card.
Every restaurant has the option of honoring it or not. We knew it was a long shot but the Sassagoula Food Court at POFQ, Martha's Vineyard Lounge at BC, Boma and Cape May Cafe all took it on the 24th and 25th. It has to be approved by a supervisor so I know it was not a quirk.

By the way, we ate at Yachtsman on Christmas Eve 2006, and they took it that night too. You never know.... and it never hurts to ask, does it!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #72
TheDISneyFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzelf View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I called to book the Chef's Table yesterday and again this morning. Both times I was asked if I was a resort guest and they looked for a range of dates to see if the Chef's Table was available. The CM at Victoria & Albert's said since I was staying on property, they could book at 90+10. I was quite surprised. I'm not sure it this makes it more difficult to book the Chef's Table or easier if you have a long stay planned.
They have changed their policy several times. Up until recently (before the online dining changeover), the Chef's Table was still a 180 day ADR, along with Cinderella's Table, and I think one other... Maybe they are doing the 90 +10 now...

For those of you who don't get the Chef's Table the 1st time - put yourself on a wait list. They do work. Just give them your info and they will call you if there is a cancellation, or if it becomes available to book.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #73
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

I just called and made a reservation for the last night of our 3 week trip in September. We have never been to V&A's before as I am really picky eater but after reading this thread I thought why not go for it. My hubby will love it.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #74
TheDISneyFamily

Quote:
Every restaurant has the option of honoring it or not. We knew it was a long shot but the Sassagoula Food Court at POFQ, Martha's Vineyard Lounge at BC, Boma and Cape May Cafe all took it on the 24th and 25th. It has to be approved by a supervisor so I know it was not a quirk.

By the way, we ate at Yachtsman on Christmas Eve 2006, and they took it that night too. You never know.... and it never hurts to ask, does it!
Interesting! I never thought to ask for a supervisor's approval... I just took it at face value from our server, saying that the holidays were during the 'black out' period. I'll have to see what happens this year! Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #75
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
Interesting! I never thought to ask for a supervisor's approval... I just took it at face value from our server, saying that the holidays were during the 'black out' period. I'll have to see what happens this year! Thanks for the tip!
Every time we used our card in October and December last year the servers had to take it to get approval. That was new to me then, but with that one exception at Jiko, it was approved every time. Just for our December trip we saved almost $110. It is a great deal.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: