Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #76
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck93 View Post
Has anyone ordered from disneyaddicts, galpaisley or yankeefan77 ? Thanks so much! April
No, sorry

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #77
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

I ordered several sets of booster packs from ebay seller, lvnapoli, and they all appear legit, in the packaging, for under $10 for 4 pins, plus shipping per lot.
iheartdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #78
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
No, sorry
I hope they're good. They all had great feedback, Thanks for your response April
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
starstruck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #79
MountNittany

Quote:
I hope they're good. They all had great feedback, Thanks for your response April
Feedback often means nothing... Most people can't tell a scrapper from a real pin, and that's understandable. I'll check out their auctions and report back with my best guess.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #80
MountNittany

Quote:
No big lots, so I think you may be good with those three. I can't tell, obviously, without looking at one of their pins, though, and even then, I probably still won't be able to tell.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #81
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
No big lots, so I think you may be good with those three. I can't tell, obviously, without looking at one of their pins, though, and even then, I probably still won't be able to tell.

Thanks so much for checking them out for me! Very nice of you! I did'nt by any large lots... all were about 2-7$ each. I bought an Aristrocats 4 piece pin set on a card. I LOOOOVVE that movie! I'm totally new to this so I have no idea how to tell a fake from a real.... I won a really cute one today...it this one.. It's so cute!..................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350228634333

I'm also obsessed with the Haunted Mansion pins!
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
starstruck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #82
MountNittany

Quote:
Thanks so much for checking them out for me! Very nice of you! I did'nt by any large lots... all were about 2-7$ each. I bought an Aristrocats 4 piece pin set on a card. I LOOOOVVE that movie! I'm totally new to this so I have no idea how to tell a fake from a real.... I won a really cute one today...it this one.. It's so cute!..................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350228634333

I'm also obsessed with the Haunted Mansion pins!
I LOVE the Dole Whip pin... I traded for it a few years back. I actually have that whole set.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #83
MountNittany

I am putting pinsonthego on the red list. This lady is obviously bibbity bobbity botuique, or whatever her name is. She writes the same way, her feedback responses are the same "blackmail" "responded to all emails" and the title of her "buy as many as you need" is the same as BBBC. Anyways, if I am wrong about her being BBBC, she sells scrappers anyway. She only has 40 styles, which is an immediate red flag. Think about it, how could she only have 40 styles? The only way to sell pins at a low price is to buy them for a low price from someone else and sell them at a low price, unless you are the person trying to liquidate them. If you do buy cheap pins and resell them, you will have a variety of pins, not just 40 styles. DO NOT BUY FROM PINSONTHEGO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #84
MountNittany

bump

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #85
Meezers
Mouseketeer
my cats eat and drink out of Waterford crystal

Now I am just sick. Haven't done disney or boards in about 3 years. Just bought some pins on e-bay cause I enjoy putting CL/HM pins back INTO the park. Think I got some from shells7pak.

Why do people do this? I think some on e-bay buy from China and then go and trade in the parks and sell those online. So there is JUNK on the CM lanyards most of the time.

I am an adult pin trader and HATE to see kids trading away what I KNOW are good pins for scrap. I have been known to speak quietly to a parent and tell them (not sure if it is appreciated or not). I wish the CM knew more about the pins and would refresh their lanyard after it was full of junk.

Oh well....I KNOW I have some good HM/CL from last time and will be hoping to find some people who just like pin trading for what it is (saying hello and meeting new people) and who are NOT in it for profit. Karma stinks and these lowlifes will get what they deserve....eventually!

Meezers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #86
MountNittany

Don't worry about it. You didn't know about scrappers back then. Glad you now see how greedy people are though.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #87
wanna_b_n_disney
Earning My Ears

I scan through this thread, and I may of missed it, but I am wondering about Zoom-time? Are they ligit? My DH is thinking of ordering, and I told him before he does I'd like to check with my Dis Friends to be sure... I trust you guys... Cus you can't always belive they are by the FB

oh and 2 more cfc93 and mikeand nancy1020 sorry

TIA

2010 Family Trip ~ Hoping 4 Pop's Century --Me, DH, DD, D Uncle and D Aunt, DSis
2009 Family Trip ~ Universal Hard Rock Hotel
2008 Family Trip ~ Pop's Resort
2007 Family Trip MNSSH ~ CSR
2006 MNSSH x 2 ~ Pop's Resort
2003 Family Trip ~ Offsite
2001 15th Annv ~Grovsner Hotel DTD
wanna_b_n_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #88
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I don't find zoom time with any searches, but I did find cfc93 and I would assume from the quantity of pins they have available that the majority of them are not good. And mikeand nancy1020 I'd assume the same thing. I have not purchased from either of them tho so I cannot say for sure. If it was me, I would not purchase from them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #89
MountNittany

cfc is probably all scrappers

I'd try buying from mikeandnancy, I probably will soon.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #90
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I ordered a while ago from gold747, I got a lot of 15, all but 2 were bad. I contacted him and he offered me a refund, I told him I would accept either a refund or replacement and he was going to replace them. I got a message from him yesterday asking if I would accept a refund as he wasn't sure what he has that is good and what is bad, I told him I'd accept either resolution and today he refunded me. I probably won't bid on any of his other auctions after this transaction but I cannot say that he is knowingly selling scrappers.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: