Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #1876
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh my. Poor Em! And I can't believe with her crying that NO ONE got up. My goodness! People. Pffft. So inconsiderate.
My mom agreed with me, but my dad said that probably the people thought she should have been in bed and I was a bad parent-- too bad she stays up late when she grabs a nap. Even if we are at home my kids stay up late a lot. It was a rough night for sweet Em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
awww poor Emily--first no ride and then to have to stand--how rude!!!
However, two favorite photos of mine were of her trying to pull out the sword and the one of the family prior to the parade
We were ready with our drinks... we had a ton that week. I especially loved the pink raspberry lemonade one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2wdisneyw View Post
AWWWW ~ Poor Em!!! No Splash! Then rude people who wouldn't let her sit!!! I just don't get it! And to top it all off coming back to rooms that weren't clean!! I hope that her day was better at the Studios!!

I had a hard time sleeping that night... a lot of bad moments to rehash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
This picture is just too cute! She looks like she is trying so hard!

Poor Em was having a rough night.
My aunt commented she hoped she did not get a hernia from that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Aw, poor Emily. She'll definitely be tall enough next year, but a year is a long time for a little one.

The lemonade slushies look super yummy again. Is Hannah's pink lemonade?

ARG to the bus meanies. I guess on some Disney buses, chivalry IS dead. It's too bad Emily or her mom wasn't holding a drink that they could have accidentally spilled on some of the inconsiderates when she was jostled because she didn't have a seat. OOPS!
It was a raspberry one.. we got them from the stand behind The Magic Carpets, next to the Tiki Birds. We got treats there before, short lines normally!
The real kicker is we had great bus rides the rest of the time. We found that the buses at CSR were the least crowded we had ever been on.... and overall we said it was a strength of that resort.

The first bus problem was not a CSR bus --- and I just should have thought before getting on the one that night, I am sure another one would have been there quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I was tuned into your trip report by my Dd who is 16....she thinks you have the cutest children on earth....Em reminds her of her youngest cousin who she is very close to.

I am stunned everytime I read about people on the buses...did they forget their manners at home Last year my DD who was 15 at the time never sat on the bus unless there was no one standing, she always gave up her seat...what is wrong with people? We were on our way to a park one morning with my sis and her family...the youngest being 3...she wanted to be with her auntie so I was trying to hold her and hold the overhead bar along with a bottle of water. This woman sitting in the seat in front of me looked up at me and said....Do you mind...your water is dripping on me....I lost it. I looked down at her and said well unless your the wicked witch of the west I'm quite certain you won't melt. I thought my DD was going to die of embarrassment, I don't know what happened, but I was sick and tired of rude people. Ok, vent over.

Can't wait to read more
That line is fantastic. Some people are just plain idiots! Thanks for the compliments on the kids too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
That is the most awesome come back I've ever "heard"!!! Bravo!!!

I'm sorry Em was having such a rough night. And then to top it off you come back to a dirty room. Ugh. I've noticed that it's the rare individual who has been taught that if you are able bodied you let women, children and the elderly have your seat.
I could have cared less to sit, but to make little kids stand. We made room one night for a little girl, probably our EPCOT night--- that is just what you do for kids--- remember it is a place for kids and it is summer, when kids are out of school and visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
How cute you all looked in your matching shirts at Chef Mickey's! How rude was that lady on the bus GEEZ!
I liked those shirts a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
LOVE the picture of your mom sitting in the stroller! TOO FUNNY! Poor Em that poor little girl had a rough night and I would have bought her a toy too! We encountered a few rude young men and women on our trip too! I would have felt bad too!
The funny part of the stroller sitting was that on our first day at EPCOT we saw a grandma (older looking than my mom) asleep in one--- and my dad said don't get any ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I probably would've said something to those boys, if I were another passenger sitting on the bus. I think that that comes from parenting too. I think that it needs to be taught at home.
Anyway, it just sounds like things weren't going your way that day.
I was glad to have that day behind me for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love the picture with Emily's look of grim determination as she tries to get the sword out of the stone!

Hurray for Luke loving It's a Small World!

Great spot to watch Spectro from!

What a shame about Splash Mountain -- I would have done the same exact thing and bought her something!

That's horrible about the bus ride home and the room! I am appalled at the troubles you have had with CSR! I hope the next day is much better!
It was thankfully... that was the worst day, the only bad day we had Park/Bus wise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I am so sorry you had so many troubles on buses that day. I'm with you - let her cry, if no one was going to give up their seat for a little one. And then a dirty room! I hope your troubles at CSR were over at this point...
It is probably why I doubt we would stay there again. I loved the pool, the buses were overall fantastic, the food was good (expensive but good) but the luggage situation and room not getting cleaned stunk--
I have heard many times that Disney really cut back in those areas (housekeeping etc). I even found that the bathrooms in the parks were not as immaculate as in previous years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Man... I can't believe the audacity of your fellow bus riders that day - really puts a sour note on the trip and then to come home and find the room not clean... TOTAL bummer!

LOVE the photo of Em with the sword! I laughed out loud and then showed Ryan your adorable little girl. Don't worry about Luke outgrowing Small World too fast. Both Doug and Liam still tell me it's their favorite ride!

You had asked about the rincess: and me. She is doing PERFECTLY! I had an ultrasound on Monday and it showed that she is doing exactly what she should be and all is well. With me, things are slightly more precarious. My blood pressure is up more and they have me medication in hopes of keeping it under control. I developed pre-eclampsia with both boys near this time frame so every day is now an important step and a blessing. Right now, my goal is to make it to August 1st. We shall see!

August 1st is not too far... take care and rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Man! What a night! I would have done the exact same thing as you. Tried to get on the ride and then when it didn't work out, got her a treat. I know exactly the "still mad" you are talking about it as I've witnessed it myself so many times in the last few weeks.

I'm glad Luke enjoyed Small World! He is just so cute.

Rude people on the bus amaze me. They are part of the reason why we are renting a car this trip. Between our monster stroller and rude bus riders my DH had enough last trip. I would have done the same, tried to console her but sometimes nothing can be done because they know what they want and will cry until they get it. Poor Em, she just wanted to rest.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day. :
One of the best things I have heard about AKL/AKV is the buses are good- and to be honest that is truly important to me. I know it will never be as hard as this trip, but I have a while until I have kids that can all stand on the bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
WOW! I can't believe it happened TWICE on the bus! Uggh!! So sorry! And your room hadn't been cleaned?! That is unacceptable! Glad you had fun at MK, though. Claire LOVED IASW, too!! Her absolute favorite ride! We LOVED Spectro, too! Can't wait to read more!
I was so far done at the point of seeing an unclean room... I said to bring the towels to my parents room because I had kids who needed to go to bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That pic of Em trying to pull the sword out is just adorable! She is so determined!

My little guy still likes ITASW. I'm hoping it lasts for a while longer, until he realizes it's all dolls! It's so fun to watch their eyes light up on that ride.

That is AWFUL about the bus ride!! Poor Em and poor you! Those men, especially the young ones, should have been on their feet in seconds realizing how exhausted she was.

And your room still not clean. Ugh. After that bus ride and coming home to that, I would have felt so defeated and frustrated. I hope this is not the norm for CSR!
I wish I could have thrown their stupid cell phones out the window--- what teen needs to text at WDW???? mine won't be texting home that is for sure!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #1877
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Readers I promise no more downers, complaining or drama. As I went to bed that night I was so down in in the dumps. I wondered how I would ever get DH to go back, and if my parents would ever want to go back.... I had a hard time sleeping. But I promised myself the day would be better tomorrow, and I was going to keep myself composed no matter what! I truly believe we had been blessed with so many wonderful days at WDW over our past two trips, we were due for some not so magical moments( hopefully all were that day)... and we would get our magic back!
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #1878
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about your bus incident. That is just awful no one would offer up Em a seat. I can remember many a times when my boys were little that other people on the bus would either get up or squish together to let the little ones sit down.

Hope the magic comes back ...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #1879
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean, Laura! Unfortunately, even at WDW everything can't be perfect all the time, so it's okay to tell us about the meltdowns and bad situations -- it makes the rest of us feel better when are own trips aren't all pixie dust and happiness.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #1880
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I am hoping for some more magic for you all!!!! Can't wait for more!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #1881
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I am sorry you have unpleasant memories of your last trip. My last visit to WDW world have memories I would like to block, it was too commando, so to erase the those memories I have decided to make new memories with a slower pace trip in September. I think you need to start planning your next trip, with lessons you have learned.

Your experience on the bus have made me more aware of the people standing. My husband and I do not have children, and by the time we started going to WDW with his family the youngest was 10. My husband and I along with my nephews have always given up our seats, but reading your report, along with other reports with kids has given me a new understanding.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #1882
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Sorry to hear about your bus incident. That is just awful no one would offer up Em a seat. I can remember many a times when my boys were little that other people on the bus would either get up or squish together to let the little ones sit down.

Hope the magic comes back ...
It does.. we had no more issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I know what you mean, Laura! Unfortunately, even at WDW everything can't be perfect all the time, so it's okay to tell us about the meltdowns and bad situations -- it makes the rest of us feel better when are own trips aren't all pixie dust and happiness.
I just prayed hard that things got better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I am hoping for some more magic for you all!!!! Can't wait for more!
Tomorrow I up to start DHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I am sorry you have unpleasant memories of your last trip. My last visit to WDW world have memories I would like to block, it was too commando, so to erase the those memories I have decided to make new memories with a slower pace trip in September. I think you need to start planning your next trip, with lessons you have learned.

Your experience on the bus have made me more aware of the people standing. My husband and I do not have children, and by the time we started going to WDW with his family the youngest was 10. My husband and I along with my nephews have always given up our seats, but reading your report, along with other reports with kids has given me a new understanding.
And I don't think people have to give up seats. However being told to watch for a baby in an aisle is just insane... and when a 3 year old is tired.. sitting would have helped!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1883
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh gosh, I'm finally all caught up! Sorry Hanna got upset about losing the tooth but I loved the picture of her with the gap. You need to post another now that she is even gappier! (I know, it's not a word...)
Emily pulling on that sword gave me quite a laugh! What's with people on Disney buses? Can the be any more thoughtless? I hate the thought of Em crying all the way back.
Glad the girls liked the rings, I took a bunch to Vegas and they were quite a hit there, people kept asking where we got them. I could have made a bundle....

Hoping for better times in the next update!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #1884
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying the honesty of your TR. Sometimes I read them and wonder how the heck the parents keep all their kids happy all the time.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #1885
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
he's more interested in the peas!

so glad emily is liking the characters now!

Quote:
and of course Em thought she could...

that is PRECIOUS!

Quote:
He was so busy looking around, he loved it. He clapped and just could not get enough of it. The video of him on this is precious. I know my boy won't love it long, so I soaked it up this trip!
that's so sweet! this is one ride i *almost* can't tolerate myself but i know when i have a little one i will want to ride it multiple times because they are so cute on this ride! i remember my little sister riding it when she was 11 months old and she was SO cute!

so sorry em didn't get to ride splash! i remember my little sister being at that "almost" height at opryland one year and she was just CRUSHED every time she couldn't ride something. it's so frustrating!

and about the bus situations...... what is WRONG with people????? i will admit to not giving up my seat to someone on the bus if i'm exhausted but when it comes to a woman carrying a kid, a pregnant woman, anyone over the age of 60 and kids, i'm DEFINITELY giving them my seat, no questions asked! people just kill me.

sorry for your not-so-magical moments that day. it happens to everyone. ray and i count the number of meltdowns we hear at WDW just because it's sort of an anamoly there. we even heard one dad say to his screaming little girl, "wow......you melted down really early today!" you just have to kind of shrug your shoulders and keep going on with your day. you can't control the behavior of the idiots around you, you know? (not your kids but the adults that have an IQ of 2, i.e, the people on the bus that let emily scream and didn't give her a seat or the maid who forgot to clean your room!)
Old 07-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #1886
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Sunday, June 21st

Hollywood Studios Day! Father's Day!

This park is one of my dad's favorites, and well my girls were not too excited. Neither one wanted to go there because they did not ride a thing last trip there. But I thought Toy Story Mania might change their minds.

We had no ADRs this day, and really were planning to play this park by ear. After yesterday I promised myself it would have to be a better day, and I was going to just enjoy our day and remember we were at Disney World!

We got up a tad bit later, we hoped to get there at rope drop, but knew we would not be in the front. We walked to the bus stop at 8:30 and were in the park by a quarter till, which I think is great, especially when you have a stroller to grab and bags to be checked.

DH made his way to the front on the mass of people, and to be honest we were pretty far forward too. It just was not crowded (for a summer day). I think no EMH and Fantasmic both lead this park to be less crowded.

My camera reacting to the humidity!

I also noticed their opening show.... it last until 9:07- kinda weird right?

We followed the crowds towards TSM as DH went fast. The goal was to meet up after he got the FPs. We did a great job of moving...we were ahead of most of the masses, and I was thrilled to see DH getting FPs at the first machine next to the entrance.

It was perfect timing... and we walked through the que! Boy it was cute, everyone says that but it was fun to see how great it looks...

What a fantastic ride! We all loved it, I can see why it is so popular! I felt like I had a bit of a handicap (I held Luke)... so I made sure next time I was not holding him!

As we exited we decided to go over and we caught the first Playhouse Disney show. Fun times, glad it was characters that my girls love! We exited that show and it was just about 10:00!

We were ready to meet someone....

There was nobody there to see Mickey...and we got tons of great pictures. I am kicking myself that we did not get a picture of the five of us, but it was so fun. Mickey was fantastic... we had 20 photopass pics of this!

We then split apart. Luke and my parents went on the Great Movie Ride, and we met some more characters.....

and then back to meet the Playhouse Disney Friends.

Emily sure enjoyed it now that she was super brave!

Continued in next post
Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #1887
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Then DH went to find my parents and Luke and we went to meet Buzz and Woody and to get some FPS for ToT and RRC. That place was awfully cute where they do the meet and greet!

I saw them outside... so then we had some decisions to make....

"Up" next: should we stay or should we go now?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #1888
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

You got some great character interactions that morning!! Em did great with the characters, I can only hope A. does the same.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #1889
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:

Awww, great shot! Your dad seems wonderful with the kids!

Go Luke! Lovin' that POC!! (I'm sure the girls were thinking, "Well, if the baby is smiling and clapping, it can't be all that bad!!)

I am in total agreement about the water temps at the WDW pools... too warm to be refreshing!

Kathy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: