Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #151
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Uhm, I booked online, so I got a packet with my vouchers (arcade, Planet Hollywood, Sea Raycer, etc), the luggage tags, a little breakdown of everything that we get with a Magic Your Way Package with Dining, and receipts (at least, I think it's a receipt).

It has a picture of Mickey and a surprised little boy on the front, I can take a photo and show you if you want?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #152
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I hate double posts.....

Last edited by ZeroToHero; 07-22-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Double.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #153
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Uhm, I booked online, so I got a packet with my vouchers (arcade, Planet Hollywood, Sea Raycer, etc), the luggage tags, a little breakdown of everything that we get with a Magic Your Way Package with Dining, and receipts (at least, I think it's a receipt).

It has a picture of Mickey and a surprised little boy on the front, I can take a photo and show you if you want?

Oooooooh, that stuff sorry. I got another message from my TA this afternoon to tell me it arrived too! Thanks!!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #154
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then the codes came out, and I ended up booking online - at Pop Century . I had wanted to call in to get a request made for a certain room, but I decided that whatever we get, we get, and we'll be happy with. After all, we're only sleeping there. Which is what I keep telling myself, but I hope that we'll get a call at 9 pm the night before, telling us we're upgraded to something better.
So everyone remember when I said this? Well, my wish has been granted!!!!

I was over Lou's house this morning, to watch the shows "Wipeout!" and "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" (he Tivos them because I only have basic cable and no tivo for when I miss shows). And after that, we were going to go shopping. But first, he was hungry, which turned out to be wondeful, because that meant I checked my email.

AND I HAD A PIN CODE FOR A FREE UPGRADE TO A DELUXE VILLA RESORT!

Of course, I didn't have my reservation number on me, so after I stopped dancing around his house, his mother drove us to my house, where I grabbed all my information and was on hold as we drove to the store to go shopping. Right before we went in the store, I was taken off of hold, so I had to stay outside and arrange everything.

We had the option of Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, and after looking at things, Lou decided on Saratoga Springs (I let him pick, and he chose the one I liked more, which is good). So I told her which resort we wanted, and then she asked me if I wanted a 1 bedroom villa or a studio. Now, in the email, the only option was a studio, so I was momentarily struck dumb. I asked her which one she would recommend, and she said the "1 bedroom, of course." So I was like "Ok!" Later, after looking at it, I was really glad I went with that one - it's amazing!

However, I didn't tell Lou about the upgrade from studio to 1 bedroom. He still thinks we got a studio. That's going to be the big surprise, because he found out about the cake. He doesn't know what it's going to look like, just that I'm getting one. He found a note in my calendar that said "Call for C. for 1900", and I guess he was able to piece everything together... because he snooped!

But this surprise is so much better, I've been doing a very good job of being upset about the fact that other people got 1 bedrooms ("because they must have called before us!!!! ") and that we got a studio. Although I told him that the studio is still amazing.

I also fixed my Magical Express stuff while I was on the phone. However, I haven't received my confirmation email, but everything is right on the Disney Website when I check "My Disney Vacation".

This is an amazing surprise, just a little over one month before we leave!
..I need to go find out information about Saratoga now!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #155
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

I just commented on FB, but this calls for smilies!

That is fantastic!! Talk about starting the trip off on an amazing foot!

(Now are you sorry you didn't join the SS group in my swap? )
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #156
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Eeyore View Post
I just commented on FB, but this calls for smilies!

That is fantastic!! Talk about starting the trip off on an amazing foot!

(Now are you sorry you didn't join the SS group in my swap? )
arggg!!!!!! And now I have Pop stuff that I don't know what to do with... I guess I'll have to save it for another trip! Haha.

Well, if someone needs to drop out of SS, angel me in immediately...
Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #157
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So everyone remember when I said this? Well, my wish has been granted!!!!

I was over Lou's house this morning, to watch the shows "Wipeout!" and "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" (he Tivos them because I only have basic cable and no tivo for when I miss shows). And after that, we were going to go shopping. But first, he was hungry, which turned out to be wondeful, because that meant I checked my email.

AND I HAD A PIN CODE FOR A FREE UPGRADE TO A DELUXE VILLA RESORT!

Of course, I didn't have my reservation number on me, so after I stopped dancing around his house, his mother drove us to my house, where I grabbed all my information and was on hold as we drove to the store to go shopping. Right before we went in the store, I was taken off of hold, so I had to stay outside and arrange everything.

We had the option of Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, and after looking at things, Lou decided on Saratoga Springs (I let him pick, and he chose the one I liked more, which is good). So I told her which resort we wanted, and then she asked me if I wanted a 1 bedroom villa or a studio. Now, in the email, the only option was a studio, so I was momentarily struck dumb. I asked her which one she would recommend, and she said the "1 bedroom, of course." So I was like "Ok!" Later, after looking at it, I was really glad I went with that one - it's amazing!

However, I didn't tell Lou about the upgrade from studio to 1 bedroom. He still thinks we got a studio. That's going to be the big surprise, because he found out about the cake. He doesn't know what it's going to look like, just that I'm getting one. He found a note in my calendar that said "Call for C. for 1900", and I guess he was able to piece everything together... because he snooped!

But this surprise is so much better, I've been doing a very good job of being upset about the fact that other people got 1 bedrooms ("because they must have called before us!!!! ") and that we got a studio. Although I told him that the studio is still amazing.

I also fixed my Magical Express stuff while I was on the phone. However, I haven't received my confirmation email, but everything is right on the Disney Website when I check "My Disney Vacation".

This is an amazing surprise, just a little over one month before we leave!
..I need to go find out information about Saratoga now!
Is this for your entire trip???? You are to lucky!! I love the dvc resorts! We've stayed at both SSR and OKW both are amazing!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #158
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

That is so AMAZING!!!! Of course you know I am now insanely jealous of you......
Old 07-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #159
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
That is so AMAZING!!!! Of course you know I am now insanely jealous of you......
I wish I was going earlier! I'd totally have you over for a DISmeet/party one night!

I keep feeling like they're going to call back and take it away....
Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #160
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish I was going earlier! I'd totally have you over for a DISmeet/party one night!

I keep feeling like they're going to call back and take it away....
Awww I was going to leave a lime-green-mickey-head-hello at the Pop as a surprise for you two but I don't think you'll get it now

I know what you mean about getting a call back I'm the same way, like the bubble is going to burst or something. But no way! You're in girl!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #161
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Awww I was going to leave a lime-green-mickey-head-hello at the Pop as a surprise for you two but I don't think you'll get it now
Aww, thank you!

You know, I'm a little sad about not staying at POP now.

What happened to my "elitist nature," as Lou likes to call it?

I'm going to miss having a pool party with everyone... hopefully we still can meet up at the parks on some day.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #162
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

All righty, just got caught up! So exciting to read a PTR of someone I know in real life!! Let's see:

* I saw Lou and I didn't even know it!!! The DBF wanted to go on Codzilla for his birthday and we did....it was ok, didn't help that it was FREEZING out in the Harbor. But as soon as I saw his picture and you mentioned his job I remembered him immeadiately; he did a great job!

* I can't believe your trip is so soon!!! I wish I could take the DBF but.....he's anti-Disney That and financially strapped means a trip's not happening anytime soon...but I'm trying to rope some friends into going next summer, I'm just itching to start planning a trip!

* Have you read KathyRN137's Adventures in Autism trip reports? She's got three I think, and they're absolutely hysterical, the stuff that happens to her family. If you're looking for trips to read head there, they kept me mightily entertained at work.

* Can't believe you got an upgrade to SSR!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #163
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
All righty, just got caught up! So exciting to read a PTR of someone I know in real life!! Let's see:

* I saw Lou and I didn't even know it!!! The DBF wanted to go on Codzilla for his birthday and we did....it was ok, didn't help that it was FREEZING out in the Harbor. But as soon as I saw his picture and you mentioned his job I remembered him immeadiately; he did a great job!
Yay! I'm glad you liked it (at least sort of)! When did you go? It's an awful day for it today, but he has to stay because they have a 6 o'clock boat, even if they don't take any other boats out.

Quote:
* I can't believe your trip is so soon!!! I wish I could take the DBF but.....he's anti-Disney That and financially strapped means a trip's not happening anytime soon...but I'm trying to rope some friends into going next summer, I'm just itching to start planning a trip!
Just think of all the money that you made this year being an OL - save that for Disney! And going with people who will actually enjoy it will be so much better than having someone drag you down... Lou still doesn't understand why we need to get there at rope-drop. Ack!

And no matter how many times I've explained the room-key/charge card thing to him, he still wants to bring cash to pay for everything....
I'll try again one more time.

Quote:
* Have you read KathyRN137's Adventures in Autism trip reports? She's got three I think, and they're absolutely hysterical, the stuff that happens to her family. If you're looking for trips to read head there, they kept me mightily entertained at work.
I haven't yet, but I've heard of them. I shall do that (probably today) to make time go by.

Quote:
* Can't believe you got an upgrade to SSR!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!
I can't either! It's like Disney apologizing for not letting me into the CP. I'll take lots of pictures. Probably so many that you'll get sick of them, actually.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #164
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Did you find the tip envelopes you wanted? I finally remembered to look for the thread I got mine from

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2225095

Now you'll have to change your mousekeeping envelopes to SSR !! I'm still jealous by the way....
Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #165
BelleBway
Spreading Sparkly Purple Pixie Dust

So happy for your upgrade!!! It's getting so close now!
WDW: 1976, 1985, 1986: Offsite | 1990: Disney Inn/ Big Red Boat | 1992: CBR | 1995: Dixie Landings | 1996: Poly | 1997: Offsite | Apr 1998: BW | July 1998: ASMu | Dec 1998: BC/ Disney Magic | June 1999: ASMu/ Contemporary Tower | Dec 1999: WL/ Contemporary Tower | 2000: CBR/ POFQ/ CSR | 2003: Contemporary Tower | 2009: AKL with the nieces| 2011: Disney Dream/ GF with the nieces | 2013: Poly with the nieces | 2014: Pop

DLP: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000
TDR: 1993, 2002, 2005, 2012
HKDL: 2007, 2010, 2013
DL: a bunch of times I can't remember, 2000, 2010, 2011

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: