Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #76
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That is so strange about WDW not advertising to the German market! Very, very strange... If you would like a planning DVD, just let me know-I'll order one and can mail it to you!

The rumor for Fantasyland is really interesting! I read just a tidbit on it in my RSS reader from Touringplans.com but didn't look into it. It certainly is a wise time for Disney to build being that labor and materials can be had very cheaply due to the economy. DLRP's Fantasyland is beautiful! I would love to see something like that!

In whatever happens, I do hope you somehow get to ride Barnstormer!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #77
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Flossbolna-

I followed you over here from Brook's thread-I too went and bought some Keens on her recommendation and hooked DH up with some too...

You are very lucky to have a sister...I was almost 5 when my brother was born and my mother tells the story that when she went to the hospital before he was born that I told her to only bring the baby home if it was girl......I can't believe I said that-horrid-but I did always want a sister...fortunately I am happy with my brother now and my own daughter was thrilled when her brother was born...she is obviously a much more gracious child than I was...

The AKL and the WL are both stunning hotels...the lobbies are amazing...both they and the Grand Californian were all designed by the same architect and when you look at them-you can tell...

I think the Fantasyland at WDW could use a little refurb but I hope for you it doesn't happen during your trip...I personally like the one at DL in Ca. very much...-I like the Alice ride there, the Matterhorn and now they have the Nemo subs......Disney must be in a refurbish mode because they are also doing a whole overhaul to their California Adventure Park-which from everything I read about what they are doing-will be amazing when done...

I was curious about your feelings about DLParis-I've heard some people feel it to be the prettiest park...We may have have an opportunity to visit Paris next Spring for a week and I was already thinking about a least doing a daytrip from Paris or whether I should try to add a couple of days... I'm not sure if DH would go for more than a daytrip since we'll have been in WDW this summer *next month- and I think his philosophy is that Disney is an American thing culturally and while in Paris we should concentrate on French things...maybe he's right-but its tough knowing its so close...

Anyway good luck with your planning...it is one of the best parts of the trip...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 AM   #78
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

That is a very, very interesting rumor! It sounds like it would be wonderful if they did it!

You DLP pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! Holy cow! So pretty! I'd love to visit there someday!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #79
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I have always loved the fact that the Tiki Birds were supposed to be in a restaurant. It would be GREAT for there to be audio animatronics at the Beast's restaurant.
I think if this restaurant would be themed that way it will be by far the mots difficult ADR to get, especially if you can also dine with Belle there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That is so strange about WDW not advertising to the German market! Very, very strange... If you would like a planning DVD, just let me know-I'll order one and can mail it to you!

The rumor for Fantasyland is really interesting! I read just a tidbit on it in my RSS reader from Touringplans.com but didn't look into it. It certainly is a wise time for Disney to build being that labor and materials can be had very cheaply due to the economy. DLRP's Fantasyland is beautiful! I would love to see something like that!

In whatever happens, I do hope you somehow get to ride Barnstormer!!!
Oh, I really hope we will make it on the Barnstormer. So far I never yould be bothered to wait for it, but Katharina and I share a love for kiddie coasters as those got me riding roller coasters when I was 15 for the first time in my life!

Thanks you very much for your nice offer to send the DVD! I will send you a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Flossbolna-

I followed you over here from Brook's thread-I too went and bought some Keens on her recommendation and hooked DH up with some too...

You are very lucky to have a sister...I was almost 5 when my brother was born and my mother tells the story that when she went to the hospital before he was born that I told her to only bring the baby home if it was girl......I can't believe I said that-horrid-but I did always want a sister...fortunately I am happy with my brother now and my own daughter was thrilled when her brother was born...she is obviously a much more gracious child than I was...

The AKL and the WL are both stunning hotels...the lobbies are amazing...both they and the Grand Californian were all designed by the same architect and when you look at them-you can tell...

I think the Fantasyland at WDW could use a little refurb but I hope for you it doesn't happen during your trip...I personally like the one at DL in Ca. very much...-I like the Alice ride there, the Matterhorn and now they have the Nemo subs......Disney must be in a refurbish mode because they are also doing a whole overhaul to their California Adventure Park-which from everything I read about what they are doing-will be amazing when done...

I was curious about your feelings about DLParis-I've heard some people feel it to be the prettiest park...We may have have an opportunity to visit Paris next Spring for a week and I was already thinking about a least doing a daytrip from Paris or whether I should try to add a couple of days... I'm not sure if DH would go for more than a daytrip since we'll have been in WDW this summer *next month- and I think his philosophy is that Disney is an American thing culturally and while in Paris we should concentrate on French things...maybe he's right-but its tough knowing its so close...

Anyway good luck with your planning...it is one of the best parts of the trip...
Welcome to my PTR!! What a sweet story about you not wanting a brother! But I think kids just have strange ideas. I was rather dissappointed that my little sister was not someone I could play with immediately but a rather useless baby. She is lucky that she grew up and became more usefull to me!

I really love DL. I have only been there twice, but I think it really is a very beutiful park. And the Matterhorn was our favourite ride when Katharina and I were there in 1992. We admired the cast member uniforms which were lederhosen made from velvet! They looked so cheesy!!

If you are in Paris for only a week, I think your DH really has a point when he wants to stay immersed in French culture. There is so much to see in Paris! DLP really is very beutiful and great to look at, but as I said before, it lacks a bit of that magic. If you want to go, I would suggest to really concetrate on experiencing the eleborate theming and those rides that are better there (BTM, Peter Pan, Space Mountain and PoC come into mind first). It can easily be done as a daytrip from Paris as the commuter train only takes 30 mins or so. But it would be a very exhausting day and it would make your other days more intense as well because you would want to see all the other sights as well. I think there is much to be said for having more time for browsing french shops and drinking coffee or a glass of wine in a café (just be prepared for it being extremely pricey!!). I guess it really is a tough decision to make!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
That is a very, very interesting rumor! It sounds like it would be wonderful if they did it!

You DLP pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! Holy cow! So pretty! I'd love to visit there someday!
I really hope they will do something to Fantasyland, to me it always seems so unfinished and small.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #80
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Update 7/20: Mini-TR about Köpenick

Last Saturday two friends and I went to the outskirts of Berlin, to Köpenick. This used to be a town of its own until it became part of Berlin in 1920. It even has a small palace which belonged (as a hunting “hut”) to the Hohenzollern, the family that were the kings of Prussia and later the emperors of Germany:

Köpenick's old part is on an island and still has a very quaint feel to it.

But that was not the reason we went there. One of my friends had seen a report on local TV about a café there which specialized in old-fashioned cakes. And to go with the old-fashioned cakes, the owner had made the whole place old-fashioned looking, too.

I was really impressed with the level of detail she used to decorate the place. I felt reminded so much of the Main Street Bakery and that's why I am posting this mini-TR here. I am sure you all will appreciate it!

So this is what the main room loked like, even the waitresses had those white caps!

And this is the cake display:

As you can see these were not plain cakes, but rather fancy ones!

Every table had an individual sugar container:

And these were our choices: I had a piece of “Frankfurter Kranz” I guess you might translate that into “Frankfurt Wreath”. It is vanilla cake layered with butter cream and with butter cream icing covered with brittle. I actually ordered only half a piece of it, so that's why it looks so small!

Friend 1 had two half pieces, a blueberry cheese cake and the “house cake”. I only remember that it was covered in marzipan which I don't like, but friend 1 really liked both cakes.

Friend 2 chose something which has an extremely politically incorrect name. It is called “Mohr im Hemd” (meaning a black person in a shirt) and it is a small chocolate bundt cake with ice cream and vanilla sauce. Friend 2 said that is was very good!

Hope you enjoyed that! The rest of my weekend by the way was spent reading Harry Potter 6 so that I will understand what's going on on Wednesday!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #81
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Wow - what a fantastic and yummy looking place...an excellent find!

And I must say DLRP Fantasyland is so pretty - the MK could use just a bit of that here.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #82
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

WOW-Super Wow...Those pictures are so lovely-I looked at them three times...I wish I was there right now......

I love the facade of that palace...and that cafe has so much charm...and those desserts look amazing... I think that you are being generous w/ the comparison to Main Street Bakery-the things in there look good-but not as good as those cakes in that cafe...

I'll bet the coffee was good there too...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #83
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Thanks for your mini TR to Köpenick! The pics are lovely. It is so interesting that they had half pieces; what a great idea! I would always order two half pieces so I could try more!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 16/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #84
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

The bakery looks absolutely charming, and the cakes delicious!

I want to try one of those white cakes in the jars!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #85
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

What a great place!!! All of those cakes look soooo good! I got hungry just looking at them!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #86
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

What a beautiful place!

And the desserts, even beauti-fuller!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #87
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I got your PM, I'm just slow at replying - I'll probably reply tomorrow morning when I have a bit of energy...right now I'm barely awake!

That little bakery is so cute!! I love the sugar bowl.

I think your cake sounds DELISH...yummmm!

How was the coffee there? Nothing beats coffee with dessert.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #88
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Hi! I just found your PTR.

It caught my eye for 2 reasons, 1, a "sister" trip and 2, my brother lives in Bad Windsheim, Ickelheim, so your Nuremburg note in your location caught my eye!

How lovely to plan a trip with your sister. As a sister myself, there is nothing better than a "sista" trip as we call it. We are still hoping, someday, to do one to WDW.

I Teva Mush (have a pair)

and Keens! (have 2. should have 3 but one is mia)

I have not seen the canvas tennis shoe version before though, those are absolutely adorable!

Bring layers, at that time of year you can have swings from 50-80F! We did.

Loving the report so far. When we visit my brother, likely 2011, I hope to hit DLRP (though am keeping that idea from DH for now lol)
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #90
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness - you do know you are torturing me now, right? A German bakery??? YUM!! I love the quaintness of it all and what a neat find!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: