Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #256
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great update! A very magical day for sure!
Loved all your pictures!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #257
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

I am so impressed!! La Nouba, princess breakfast. a fantastic get together with Tim and Lesley, a fabulous Wishes dinner and more to come!!

I'm so glad Donald was better behaved this year! Last year that was so sad!

Your family always looks so cute, but when you went to CA Grille, you looked super spiffy!! Love the boys shirts!

I really liked SS when we used our developer points, it is so pretty, We were in Congress Park and I loved going to DTD from there.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #258
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
We made your trip report! See the people in pink behind Ariel? That's us. We weren't called in until 8:30. Our adr was 8:15.
That is SO FUNNY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Another great day with a fabulous ending! Your day just sounded so Magical. This was one of my favorite days. After the mid morning rain it was such a nice temp. We left before it got real hot and then came back that night for our dinner at Biergarten.
Thanks! It was nice after the rain but then it got hot again quickly!!! Glad you enjoyed your day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
OMGoodness your pictures from Cali Grill were so great! I can't wait until my kids are older and we eat there. Perfect timing on your part as well, so happy you got to see Wishes!
Thanks so much! If you get the chance to go, you should def. try it, it is a wonderful experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Great update! A very magical day for sure!
Loved all your pictures!!
Thanks so much! Yes, VERY magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
I am so impressed!! La Nouba, princess breakfast. a fantastic get together with Tim and Lesley, a fabulous Wishes dinner and more to come!!

I'm so glad Donald was better behaved this year! Last year that was so sad!

Your family always looks so cute, but when you went to CA Grille, you looked super spiffy!! Love the boys shirts!

I really liked SS when we used our developer points, it is so pretty, We were in Congress Park and I loved going to DTD from there.

Looking forward to more.
Hi Sunnie! Yes, Donald was MUCH better this year! Thanks for the compliments about our outfits! This trip was definitely one of our best! So many new experiences!!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #259
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

what a great end to your EPCOT day. We did KP Mission in Japan as well - very fun! That piggy bank game looks amazing, wish we would have tried it

I've never eaten at Cali Grill, but everything I've read and your description and how it moved you... sounds amazing! What a magical day!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #260
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for you that you got to see Wishes from California Grill. Would love to do that someday!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #261
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

The boys look so cute with Ariel! What a fun day at Epcot, can't wait to read more!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #262
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Wow, what an amazing day you all had.

We haven't been to CG in several years but hope to have Christmas Eve dinner there this year. Your pics look amazing as did your meals. yum!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #263
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
what a great end to your EPCOT day. We did KP Mission in Japan as well - very fun! That piggy bank game looks amazing, wish we would have tried it

I've never eaten at Cali Grill, but everything I've read and your description and how it moved you... sounds amazing! What a magical day!!!
Thanks! Well you can do the piggy bank game next time, that is the GREAT thing about Disney, always something new and different to try!! Cali Grill is AWESOME, I hope you get to try it someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm so excited for you that you got to see Wishes from California Grill. Would love to do that someday!!!
Thanks so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
The boys look so cute with Ariel! What a fun day at Epcot, can't wait to read more!

Thank you! More coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Wow, what an amazing day you all had.

We haven't been to CG in several years but hope to have Christmas Eve dinner there this year. Your pics look amazing as did your meals. yum!
Thank you so much, it really was a special night!!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #264
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 7 part 1 our Anniversary!

Day 7....Our Anniversary!

I should have realized it sooner but with our very late night last night, I forgot we had a before park opening breakfast at the Crystal Palace scheduled for this morning! So we reluctantly all got up and went down to the bus stop! I never thought of canceling though because this is probably my favorite ADR to have! There is NOTHING like walking up Main St. and taking pictures with hardly anyone else around!!!

When we arrived at the Magic Kingdom, there was a little bit of a line so we passed the time taking pictures!!

Eventually we were let in and as we were walking through the tunrstile I recognized the woman standing there! She was the one that picked us to open the park last year! I was SO EXCITED to see her, I said "you probably don't remember us but you picked us to open the park last year!" Of course she didn't remember and I told her I understood and I also told her that she really made our dreams come true and that morning was something we will remember forever! She was so sweet and said she thought it was so thoughtful of us to let her know how much we enjoyed it and how that is the best part of her job! We then hightailed it to check in and then we waited!!

We were finally called to be seated and when we reached the door the CM announced Happy Anniversary! So everyone clapped!! I was impressed that Bryan wore his Anniversary button and I didn't even have to ask!!

We were seated at our table and they had it decorated with all of this ribbon!

Then our waitress brought us a card signed from the characters! SO CUTE!!

We went to get our food and the characters started coming quickly there after...

I had asked the waitress for our bill as soon as we sat down, because I wanted to make sure we were out in time for rope drop! You all know how much Bryan likes those ropes!!!!

The boys had fun in the 100 acre wood!!

Eeyore always seems to take forever to come around so we missed him!! Oh well, he is depressing anyway!!!! We finished up and went outside to head to one of the ropes!

I took these pics. on our way out of the Crystal Palace, this restaurant is so pretty!

We had decided on the Tommorowland rope but the one closest to Cosmic Rays and the Tea Cups!

We took these empty park pics. along the way!

COMING UP NEXT:

A speed bump!

A duck encounter of the disgusting kind!

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #265
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Hey Diane,

Happy Belated Anniversary!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, there is nothing I love more than the Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning, it truly is magical. We have always been late for our early morning CRT ressie's because I don't move quickly down Main Street when it's empty!! I take it all in and then some.

Love that Bryan wore his button without you even asking How wonderful is that....must have something to do with pixie dust maybe??

I love how they do the cards and decorate the table, just makes you feel even more special doesn't it?

As I was reading your report, I realized that this time in 3 weeks we will have just arrived in Orlando this trip has kinda snuck up on me....I'm not complaining though
Old 07-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #266
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Great update as always. Love the empty Mk park pics. So nice of you to tell the CM how much it meant to you all to open the park. Looks like you had a nice Anniversary breakfast. for Brian wearing his pin. My hubby is always good about that too.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #267
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the empty park and Crystal Palace are beautiful. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the glass dome.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 07-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #268
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Happy Belated ANniversary

Love your empty park pics

Can't wait to read what is next
Old 07-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #269
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

How nice that they decorated the table and gave you a card for your anniversary! Happy Belated Anniversary!!

I'm not sure I want to read about the duck...

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #270
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

Wow, breakfast looked like a lot of fun. Happy Anniversary!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: