Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

We wanted to do the Chef's Table so bad on our Honeymoon last year but it was booked every day of our trip. We thought about trying for it this year. I'm not sure we are "classy" enough for the regular dining room. I'm afraid we will stick out like a sore thumb. I have so many food allergies they might tell me I'm too much trouble to accommodate too. But I want to eat there SO bad.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

We plan on eating at V&A on our trip next year, I know I can request no sea food and no offal which will be OK, but can you also request how well cooked your meat is, or is that frowned upon? I really can't eat meat that isn't well cooked.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
2infinityandbeyond
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
We plan on eating at V&A on our trip next year, I know I can request no sea food and no offal which will be OK, but can you also request how well cooked your meat is, or is that frowned upon? I really can't eat meat that isn't well cooked.
I'm sure they'd accomodate your request, but considering the quality of the food, you'd really be ruining excellent cuts of meat by asking for it to be cooked anywhere past medium/medium rare. Also, Kobe/Wagyu should never be cooked past med rare. The fat melts away and the meat is very dry (I learned the hard way when I overcooked a piece at home).
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
One thing that brings the bill down a bit at Victoria & Albert's is to use a Tables in Wonderland card while dining there. That decreases the bill by 20%, and when dining there, that's pretty substantial.

Another tip is to not call it Vicky & Al's when you're there.
LOL! I think Nikki's seen me refer to the place as "Vicki and Al's Diner" when I wanted to be facetious. I used the Tables in Wonderland discount in October. FYI to everyone: It's only valid in the main dining room, not Chef's Table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
In addition to the price fixe, they have "upgrades" on several of the courses and I can definitely vouch for the quality of those upgrades. I've done the caviar, fois gras and kobe beef upgrades on various meals and it's all been excellent.
Sadly, the foie gras has been taken off the menus in the Disney-owned restaurants last October, JUST before my trip. Let me tell you I was not a happy camper. I wrote to Disney to voice my displeasure, and a nice sympathetic lady called me. Couldn't give me more than the "company spin" on the decision, but she was nice.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No online booking, and no 90 + 10 - it's a straight 90 days.

If you are after the Chef's Table, you can't use the TIW discount there - only in the main dining room.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #21
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

This has really been helpful. Just so I have it straight...

The main dining room has a fixed price menu that starts at $125. It goes up from there with the upgrades. When you make an ADR they discuss your likes and dislikes. This part worries me. I don't like duck, lamb, escargot, ostrich, etc. Will I look like an idiot?! Lol is there a TR somewhere with the choices? Do they have three choices per course when you arrive and then they let you pick?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #22
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

We dined at V&A in December the day after our wedding and it was fantastic. The most amazing dining experience I have ever experienced and I cant wait to go back in 2011. Yes my wife and I made a pact that we would eat there for our anniversary every other year

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

The main dining room has a fixed price menu that starts at $125. It goes up from there with the upgrades. When you make an ADR they discuss your likes and dislikes. This part worries me. I don't like duck, lamb, escargot, ostrich, etc. Will I look like an idiot?! Lol is there a TR somewhere with the choices? Do they have three choices per course when you arrive and then they let you pick?
I'm like you, there are lots of things I do not like, but there are lots of things I'm allergic to as well.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #24
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

They will let you order pretty much anything you want. They will let you substitute other courses for the ones you don't want. They also have a vegetarian menu. If you want you can select one course vegetarian, or all your courses.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #25
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

It's not when you make the ADR. They call about 10 days before your reservation, both to confirm your reservation and to get your likes/dislikes. Yes, you can tell them that you don't like certain things, as many as you wish. I'm sure they've heard it all. But realize that the particular dish you don't like would only be one choice of the three. When we were there, for each of the courses, there was at least one "normal" choice, like beef or chicken or "usual" fish. There are 6 courses, plus dessert. There is also a vegetarian menu from which you can choose. And yes, you order one option for each of the courses when you're there.

There's nowhere that you could have the "choices" since everyone's menu
is personalized. My d's was different than mine. Even our "amuse bouche", served before the first course, was different - mine was lobster 4 ways, but d doesn't like shellfish, so she had beef, I believe. But everything was delicious.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #26
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
I'm sure they'd accomodate your request, but considering the quality of the food, you'd really be ruining excellent cuts of meat by asking for it to be cooked anywhere past medium/medium rare. Also, Kobe/Wagyu should never be cooked past med rare. The fat melts away and the meat is very dry (I learned the hard way when I overcooked a piece at home).
Thanks for the info, but I really can not tollorate meat that is still red, I would rather skip the course (I have tried it in the past and I know it makes me gag!), my DH and friends whom I would be eating with would eat their meat this way though. My DH and friends would order the Kobe and apreciate this, but I know for my palate I would not enjoy it cooked as it is intended. Perhaps I should send my DH and friends to eat at V&A without me. Although this makes me quite sad, I know I would adore the ambiance of the restaurant.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Old 07-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #27
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I do not think you have to send your party to V&A without you only because you do not wish to eat meat that is not well done. You should not have any problem ordering meat cooked however you wish, and then you don't have to spend the upcharge for the kobe or waygu. In fact you would not need to order red meat at all if you do not wish to.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #28
Danauk

Thanks for the info, I really would like to dine at V&A with my DH and friends, I know I would love it. Maybe they could order the expensive cuts of meat and enjoy them, then I could stick to the regular menu, order it well cooked and bring the cost of the meal down!! lol
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #29
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

They will not even bat an eye to cook your food as you like it. And I'm sure they'll do a magnificent job - there's no way they would "ruin" the meat for you. Regular chefs, maybe; V&A chefs will know exactly how to do it and do it well.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
tmarquez
DIS Veteran

Kind of bummed, any suggestions?

My mom has a reservation for her and a friend at V & A's coming up for her birthday. She told me she didn't get the wine pairing because her friend didn't want to do it. So I was going to get it for her as a birthday surprise. I called and they said they couldn't do it in advance, that it is only done at the time of the dinner and paid for at that time.

It seems dumb that Disney doesn't want the $! I know she won't get it for herself.
tmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: