Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #31
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Great update. The Stepfamily is awesome. You should post the pictures that you and Anastasia drew.
I totally should! I'll do that later today. I have to find my book hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEeyore View Post
Sorry I am so clueless - but what is Ridemax????
Ridemax is a program for either WDW or Disneyland that you download to your computer. You can pick the day and park, choose the rides/shows/breaks and food you want to do that day, and it makes you a schedule. You can use either the slow or normal rate depending on if you have a large group or small kids. It then tells you when to go where. I wasn't sure DH would like it since he's not a planner, but after the first day he loved it! We got to ride everything with minimal wait. It was pretty great

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Whoa, that lobster looks yummy! What a great view of the Castle too!
It WAS yummy!! I definitely enjoyed it.

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
Old 07-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
mmtska

Magic Kingdom part deux (Lots of pics)

Ok as requested: This is the page that the stepsisters/Lady Tremaine signed/and drew

I started the really crappy sketch dress. Heh.

Anyway, after we hit pretty much every ride that we wanted to ride, we decided to stop for lunch. We had ended with Buzz Lightyear, so we walked over to Cosmic Rays and had lunch there. I had the grilled chicken sandwich-I thought it was pretty yummy.

DH however had the chicken and ribs combo with mashed potatoes. I kept stealing some of his food. We both thought the chicken was really good. The ribs were ok. I wasn't too fond of the bbq sauce though. For a CS meal I thought this was a really good value. There was plenty of food. I liked that you could get a large drink as well. I'm a picky person for dessert so I didn't get one. We also had fun listening to Sunny Eclipse

We wandered over to the Carousel of Progress-I've never ridden and went in there-I'm still singing the song! We also met Buzz right outside and Stitch right next door I love me some Stitch! Stitch loved the fact that he had his own page in my book and went crazy about it! We also saw Push the trashcan

I wanted to ride the PotC again, so we headed over, but it was closed! I wasn't sure why, but I realized that we were by Aloha Isle so we went and got a Dole Whip float to split. Ok, it may not be my most fave snack we got, but the Dole Whips are really yummy. I would definitely make that a stop again though!

Then off to Toon Town! I figured we'd just check out the area. When we went into the area where the Fairies and Princesses were and saw that the line for Princesses was only 25 minutes-the Fairies were over an hour! I thought it would be cool to get some Photopass pics with them so in we went!

The photog for Cinderella mentioned that I had Pooh on my shirt-I thought he said blue, so I was trying to figure out where the blue was. It was pretty pathetic when I realized what he said hehe.

Anyway the 3 Princesses were Aurora (YAY!) Cinderella and Belle

At this point it was more than sweltering outside. We took the train back to the Main Street Station and checked out Exposition Hall. I'm so glad that I heard about what is in there! We headed in and went to the back where the cartoons are supposed to be. They weren't showing. While we were back there, Mary Poppins showed up and even made a comment how they weren't showing! We took some pictures with the character boards. Then as we walked outside we saw Pinocchio!

We decided to wait for the parade at that point. We just wanted to sit too so we watched the band and parade. It was pretty cool-Hi Mickey! Since we had caught the end of Dream Along with Mickey the day before, we headed over there to watch it before dinner.

If you haven't seen it, the whole premise is that Donald doesn't believe in dreams anymore, and doesn't think that anyone else does either. So of course we (the audience and Mickey) has to prove that people still believe in dreams. Minnie wishes that she could be a princess, and Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, Cinderella and Prince Charming and Snow White and her Prince come out and they dance around and Minnie is Mickey's princess. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Then Goofy want's to be a pirate and Peter Pan, Wendy, Capt. Hook and Smee come out and they act all piratey Maleficent comes out and tried to destroy all the dreams, but we all get together and overcome! YAY DREAMS!!! LOL The end-ish.

Then off to the Crystal Palace for dinner. Next post!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
mmtska

Crystal Palace

We checked in about 20 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes we were called up and taken in.
They had a little surprise for us at the table. How sweet!

The buffet here for dinner is really good. I had trouble deciding exactly what I wanted, and I managed to only take 2 pictures of food here. The first plate was the mixed greens salad and the peel and eat shrimp. They were so good! I also had mac and cheese, chicken nuggets with bbq, pulled pork, turkey, mashed potatoes and broccoli. Everything we had was absolutely delicious there, and I would recommend it to anyone. There was plenty to choose from, and even picky eaters would find something. I think it's a great place for families and couples alike.

The character interaction is great too! We saw both Pooh and Piglet twice in the time we were there.

They also have a parade every 20 minutes or so where the characters lead the kids in the restaurant around. The kids seemed to have fun with it. I teased DH that someday he'd be the dad walking around with our kids who were too small to walk by themselves or wanted to go, but with the parents

We then met Tigger can you tell he's my favorite??? All the pics I've ever taken with Tigger have me hugging him. It's tradition at this point hehe. Eeyore came over as well and really enjoyed my autograph book. He stayed around and made me flip through almost the entire book!

We went back to CSR after MK and just chilled. We had a surprise when we got back! Yay for towel Mickeys!! I really wanted to go swimming, but DH was tired so he took a nap. I didn't feel like going by myself so I wrote my live report By the time he woke up I was over swimming so we took a walk around the resort. That was a lot of fun too, we ended up grabbing a snack at the PM and chilled by the lake. Great ending to a great day!

Tomorrow-Animal Kingdom. My first time ever!

Old 07-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #34
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Awesome update. Tigger is my favorite too!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #35
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I love your TR! It's so upbeat and happy and excited!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #36
PalmettoPrincess
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info about the "Do you Dis" sign! I've started working on mine!

I think my DBF would like this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtska View Post
Loving your pics and reviews! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-18-2009, 02:32 AM   #37
dd50
DIS Veteran

Loving your report. I wish you didn't show me the picture of the lobster or suft & turf. They are some of my favorite foods.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #38
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info about Ridemax. I'd never heard of it before!
We love CP too - we've been every trip the last 4 times. We had decided we'd skip it on our upcoming trip but changed our minds, and now we'll be eating there yet again!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
Old 07-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #39
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Great update. Thanks for posting the autographs and drawings. How cute is that? Anastasia did a nice job.

Looking forward to your first time at Animal Kingdom.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #40
mmtska

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Awesome update. Tigger is my favorite too!
YAY He makes me happy. I had the BEST character interaction with him my senior year trip. He cracked me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I love your TR! It's so upbeat and happy and excited!
Thanks I tend to get excited over little things, so this being a big one....hehe it helps relive the trip too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoPrincess View Post
Thank you for the info about the "Do you Dis" sign! I've started working on mine!

I think my DBF would like this...

Loving your pics and reviews! Keep up the good work!
No problem! The window clings made it so easy. I just wish I had made a few more-the window looked so bare compared to the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Loving your report. I wish you didn't show me the picture of the lobster or suft & turf. They are some of my favorite foods.
Thank you I wish I didn't look at them again, I've been craving lobster for a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Great update. Thanks for posting the autographs and drawings. How cute is that? Anastasia did a nice job.

Looking forward to your first time at Animal Kingdom.
Sure! I took a couple pictures of other autographs that made me laugh, but that goes with another day

And sorry for the delay! It's been a busy weekend, and I didn't realize how long it takes to type one segment up-although it takes less time when your computer doesn't delete things....sigh. I have nothing to do tomorrow, so Animal Kingdom-here I come!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #41
mmtska

Animal Kingdom-a first time experience!

Well every experience can't be perfect right? We'd had a good time so far, but Wednesday didn't start out so good. Our goal was to be out at the bus stop for AK at 7. We walked outside at about 710ish and saw 2 buses go by. BOTH were Animal Kingdom, so I started hurrying over, but we missed the bus. No biggie, we figured more buses would come. Well more buses came, but none of them for the AK. We didn't get a bus until 745. Good thing AK isn't super far away. We got there just in time to follow everyone else in.

So far it's not going too well. We headed over to Everest and got fastpasses and went to the Safari. I still have no idea what happened, but we were in line forever and the time listed was only 20 minutes. After that we were completely off of our Ridemax schedule, and apparently we were never to get back on track. Not that made much of a difference until we got to Primeval Whirl. We ended up not riding it.

I do have to say-EE was an extremely fun ride! I have been on tons of coasters-I grew up pretty close to Cedar Point-and this wasn't a huge thrill ride, but it was just FUN!! The backwards-ness didn't bother me and a lot of times it does. The Safari was pretty cool itself. Well minus the lady who kept telling her kid that everything was a deer. Ok, I STILL couldn't tell you what half of the animals were, but they weren't deer. GAH! Here's a couple pictures from the ride.

This is one of my fave pics-a meerkat on a termite mound! I didn't even notice the meerkat at first!

I like this one too-we were walking across a bridge and it was just a great shot of Everest!

And then there were the trails:

Tigers!

I don't remember what this was, but it's not a deer.

If you look close, there's a monkey in the tower!

Some photopass pics-including one with Simba!

We were meeting a friend of mine from a chat board for lunch, so we decided to head over to the Rainforest Cafe. The one thing I had wanted to see in AK was DeVine, but I wasn't sure we'd get to see her. Imagine my surprise when we were walking out and there she was! It was so neat, and DH had no idea what was going on. If you've never see her, you have to find out her times and scout her out! So impressive to see. I must have taken a kazillion pictures and video of her, but here are just a few.

I have to say before I go on that I didn't believe that any one park could be hotter than another. I know fully believe it and agree! I was MUCH hotter at AK then any of the parks. After that, rude people and just running over the park a million times, I had had enough of AK. I might have had a better time if I wasn't so hot, but dang.

Rainforest Cafe didn't make it that much better. We got there and was a really long line. We get into the line-I'm thinking it's the ADR line, but no-the person in front of us didn't have an ADR, so I tell DH to chill there and I'll go ask questions. I find someone and ask if there is a separate ADR line-he says no, you have to just wait in this line. Odd, but ok. I go back in line, and the lady behind us is wondering the same thing so I told her what the guy had said. We waited for a little longer and I found someone else-but same story. A little later we see people just walking up. So I walked up and asked the person at the podium what the deal is (again) she says, yeah you just had to come right up. So I tell her, uh that's NOT what the other people said. And, that it's not that big of a deal, but there might be other people confused. She made an announcement that if you had an ADR you could just walk up. We checked and waited to be called.

My friend hadn't shown up yet, and since I'd know her and DH wouldn't, he stayed in the nice A/C and I walked out to find her. She showed up a couple minutes later, and DH came out to tell us that we had been called. We walked in maybe 30 seconds later to find out that they couldn't 'find' us and we were back on the waiting list. Ok WHAT!? There are people all over the place-you can't just stand right next to the podium because there are 85 people already standing there. A manager happened to walk by and my friend grabbed her and explained. She apologized and we got seated quickly, but it was just strange. Oh and while we were waiting, one of the seaters must have called for 1 family a good 15 times-they said after 3 times they move on, which is why we were skipped. WHATEVER.

After we were seated though we had fun. The RC at AK is the largest in the world, so maybe that's why we hardly ever saw our waitress.....oh well. The food was really good, but it was dark and loud (normal for a RC) so no pictures. We had a sampler for the appetizer: Calamari-excellent, spinach dip-awesome, fried cheese-well you can't really ruin fried cheese. And the rollup thingys were pretty good, but I don't like them so I had to go with what they all said hehe. 3 of us got the bacon cheeseburger, and it was good-but it was a bacon cheeseburger so we didn't do the whole fancy thing. I like RC and have eaten there several times. I've never had a bad experience until now, and the ONLY problem was the seating, everything else was just as good as usual! It's a chain restaurant, but the theming is just FUN!

Oh and here is a pic to end our AK adventure. This is me, my friend Amy and her daughter. We had a blast!

Last edited by mmtska; 07-20-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #42
dd50
DIS Veteran

I haven't been to AK yet but have heard that it is hotter there. At least you enjoyed your meal after all that.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #43
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh look at all the pictures of the deer! Sorry, just had to say it.

How cool is it that you got to see Devine. We've only seen her once and that was in passing. It was on one of the little paths and everybody and their grandma were standing around so we didn't get to see her very well. My husband was totally oblivious to what was going on too.

We had a similar problem with Rainforest Cafe. I kept asking the employees where did we go if we had ADR and several looked at me funny. I finally found somebody to help me and we were seated in less than 5 minutes.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #44
mmtska

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
I haven't been to AK yet but have heard that it is hotter there. At least you enjoyed your meal after all that.
It is! I don't understand it, but it is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh look at all the pictures of the deer! Sorry, just had to say it.

How cool is it that you got to see Devine. We've only seen her once and that was in passing. It was on one of the little paths and everybody and their grandma were standing around so we didn't get to see her very well. My husband was totally oblivious to what was going on too.

We had a similar problem with Rainforest Cafe. I kept asking the employees where did we go if we had ADR and several looked at me funny. I finally found somebody to help me and we were seated in less than 5 minutes.
Stupid deer. They always are in the road. Devine was sooooo neat to see! I couldn't believe we got to see her! So lucky

I'm sad to hear you had the same problem at RC. It was just so odd-like I was completely confused as to why there would be a different line. Oh well....it was yummy!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #45
mmtska

Epcot and Akershus

So after the whole semi-stinky Animal Kingdom trip, DH and I headed to EPCOT. We had an ADR for the Princess Dinner later that night, but I figured we could walk around and check things out over there.

As we walked towards the buses, we decided to go to the Boardwalk. Neither of us had ever been there, so we walked around, checked out the sights and got some liquid refreshment. If you've never had a chance to go over to the boardwalk, I highly suggest that. I really want to try Big River Grille next time we go to Disney. Yum!

Some shots from across the lake:

We walked over to the International Gateway and then headed over to Future World to ride some rides and play in Innoventions. Test Track ended up having a fairly short line so we rode that first. There happened to be a CM around who told us to hurry if we wanted to ride it because that never happened. So we did! So much fun. The last part was a total blast

We checked out Honey I Shrunk the Audience-lame. Then went to Journey into Imagination-I miss the old ride. Figment is still pretty rockin, but the rest of the ride needs to go back to the old ride. We checked out Club Cool, and I tried to get a reaction from DH when he drank Beverly, but he had a seriously delayed reaction and I missed.

At some point we wandered into the WS and checked out the shop in Norway. Got some hat shots too

Then it was time for dinner! This was the dinner I was really excited for I know, I know. I'm 29 and should be over this, but hey-everyone's a kid in Disney! We checked in and about 10 minutes later, we were called in.

We stood in a line (gee...a line....at Disney) to get our pictures taken with Belle in her yellow dress. We were then seated at a table for 2 that was right by the appetizer buffet. Our server took our drink orders and explained how the food worked. The appetizer buffet was all you can eat, and then you had a choice of 6 or so entrees. Then the dessert was brought out on a plate to share.

So up to the buffet. They had several different kinds of salad-mixed greens, potato salad, herring salad-and lunch meats and cheeses, as well as 3 different kinds of salmon. The lady in front of me asked about the salmon and the CM said, well we are in Norway! I almost choked to not laugh. The best part for me was the bleu cheese like dressing and the peel and eat shrimp. I was a pig and ate 2 helpings!

Then came the entrees. DH had the meatball type things-the Kjottkate. He really liked it. I know some people don't know what to make of it, but we both thought it was pretty yummy.

I had the pork chop. This was so delicious! I asked what seasoning they used, and apparently it's pretty simple-garlic, salt and pepper and cardamon. Whatever, it was a VERY good pork chop!

It came with the same potato gratin we had at Narcoosee's basically. Maybe a little more cheese, but just as yummy.

As we were eating, the princesses came around. First Aurora, then Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel. They do spend quite a bit of time at each table-more so with the kids obviously, but they all commented on my Aurora shirt Sleeping Beauty especially liked it of course!

At this point we were pretty stuffed, but out came the dessert plate!
I can't say enough how delicious these were! I adore chocolate mousse, and this was so creamy and chocolatey. The dark chocolate was smooth as silk and the outer chocolate was just thin enough to give it a little extra kick. The school bread was so yummy, but if you don't like coconut-it wouldn't really be for you. It was a pastry dough with custard in the middle and covered in coconut. I could eat 4 of them and be happy, but I'd gain even more weight! The rice cream was pretty good, but I was concentrating on the mousse

Our server was very helpful and attentive. He even helped with the pronunciation of the dishes. We had a lot of fun there, and once again-I recommend it!

After dinner we walked out just in time for Illuminations. Of course it started to rain, and we watched just the beginning.

So far we loved it! But figured it was better to wait for the next day when we had something to keep dry......

The next day was supposed to be EPCOT all day, but it turned out to be the BEST DAY EVER!!! I'll type about that tomorrow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: