Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #1771
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I am so glad that location worked for you all!!! I was hoping it would! I am sure it was hard to come back to CSR after your time at the CR, but I hope your stay there was still good!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #1772
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great finish to your day at AK. Glad you got to stick around and see the parade. I love the AK parade. It's one of my favs. You really got to see and do a lot!

I wanted to try the Pepper Market while I was at CSR, but I was finished with the meal plan and had used up all my CS. The price just seemed a little high to pay OOP.

Did you start getting adjusted to your new room and move? I really had a hard time going from AKV to CSR. My organization was gone!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #1773
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your MK update....
I will get started with the day later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Nope, no scrapbooking for me today. We had the orthodontist consult this morning, and I think I was pretty worthless the rest of the day. I finally realized I wasn't getting anything done, so we headed to the pool. Tomorrow...I hope.
I have been staying up too late scrapbooking, I think I am taking tonight off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I am so glad that location worked for you all!!! I was hoping it would! I am sure it was hard to come back to CSR after your time at the CR, but I hope your stay there was still good!
We enjoyed CSR. Overall we have nothing bad to say about it, I personally like PO better but I am glad we stayed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great finish to your day at AK. Glad you got to stick around and see the parade. I love the AK parade. It's one of my favs. You really got to see and do a lot!

I wanted to try the Pepper Market while I was at CSR, but I was finished with the meal plan and had used up all my CS. The price just seemed a little high to pay OOP.

Did you start getting adjusted to your new room and move? I really had a hard time going from AKV to CSR. My organization was gone!
Our room at CSR was always trashed. (part of today's update) My mom brought a lot of snacks, which with the heat and dining plan we did not eat. Plus strollers, etc.... we were stuffed!

I totally agree Pepper Market would be a killer out of pocket!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #1774
moparop
DIS Veteran

Way to go Doug taking Luke back like that. Looks like the girls had an awesome time at the parade. I know much you wanted to get there and I am glad you did! The pool looks so fun, and I think Pepper Market would be the #1 reason I'd want to stay at CSR.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #1775
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up! Such a great report. Hope I can remember all I want to comment on!
We have some of the same princess shirts! Congrat on the upgrade! All your pool pics were so cute. Yay for Emily going all the way down the slide, Cayley stopped half way and I had to crawl down and get her at CBR-fun times LOL
CONGRATS on DVC. We are also buying and AKV is our front runner as of now. Though we are planning to go back in May and would like to try BLT for the monorail! Love the report so far!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #1776
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ahhhh, loving all your CSR pictures!

Sounds like a great day at AK-your girls braving the 'big rides' and DH taking Luke! Plus accomplishing Nemo and the parade! I really enjoyed the parade there too-so unique and colorful and fun.

I'm glad to read you found the bag!!!

Hannah's pose at the pool is priceless. She's adorable!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #1777
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I am trying to get the update done. I am struggling with my photopass share copying (I got the CDs today... but grr I have two CDs with the same pictures, missing the last 120 pics. Of course I tried to call and the office was closed, so no resolving that today. Luckily my pictures are not the ones that I don't have, but I hoped to get the CDs out this weekend, and that is not going to happen now.

So the update is coming...
Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #1778
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Saturday, June 20th

Magic Kingdom Day! This is always my favorite day, and this trip I was super excited. We had three MK mornings planned, and two nights, so we had lots of MK time. Plus dinner tonight was at Chef Mickey's does it get any better than that?

We were up and ready to go by 7:30 ish. Infact, DH called housekeeping to see if they could clean our room before we returned in the afternoon, we knew Luke would need a nap, and thought maybe it could happen. The CM assured him no problem, thanks for calling it would be done by 9! Great... and they would do my parents room too!

So we headed to the bus stop and had just a minute or two wait and we were off.

We arrived super early again, but we wanted to catch Dumbo and be in front of the rope drop crowd. I had tried to have our paper tickets put on our Keys to the World the day before at CSR... it did not work. Who knows why, but I was glad I kept the paper ones in my wallet... that would have been a mess!

We actually saw an old co-worker of DH's as we waited to get in...so we caught up with her and her husband.

We snapped a few pictures..

I have a picture of the girls sitting there from last year I tried to recreate... no go. they would not cooperate....

We did not watch the show to open the park, but boy we sang along since we listen to it on our CD a ton. We promised we would watch it another day... we wanted to not give up our prize spot...

Pretty empty... and we made it on the second ride of Dumbo for the day. We did witness a pusher upper who had not stayed with her group.... I cannot get why people think lines are not meant for them to wait in

As we were waiting for Dumbo we saw that Ariel was open, and the girls wanted to see her. I was not wanting to do this (they had their Tink dresses on, not the Ariel ones) but we went in... and once again the same lady pushed in front of us there... I need to get with my group. Luckily we did not see her again!

Then we rode Snow White and I headed over to wait for Tinkerbell. I was very specific... ride Winnie the Pooh and get the girls to me ASAP! The rest went on Winnie the Pooh, and I got over to Toontown. There were maybe five groups there, some with strollers which I knew they would have to park....I wanted the girls on foot so we would bypass that.

After waiting a few minutes I heard the CM say they would open at 9:45. I was getting a bit nervous that they would not be there... and people kept coming over. I see DH and the girls exit Winnie the Pooh...but they are not coming my way. At this point it is like 9:43 and my spot is a waste if I don't have the girls and I was just getting steaming mad. It was hot, and I had told him time and time again we needed to get this done today and first thing..... I gave up and went to find them, because the rope was dropping and I had no girls, who were in their beautiful dresses to see Tink. This was not my finest moment, and to be honest it is something I won't live down. It is referred to as the Tinkerbell Massacre!

I walked very briskly up to the Pooh Playful spot where they were all standing and lost it... I was so stinking mad that DH was just standing there with the girls. So after I screamed (yes I yelled) at him, I took the girls with me and off we went. We were now in the back of the pack that were entering Toontown, instead of the front. Looking back it probably only lost about twenty minutes.... but I was ticked I was standing in the heat and he did not listen. We did make up ground because we did not have the stroller...and I was not sure where the rest of them would be. I had my camera, no video camera though.

It was cool in there, and the line did move. I would suspect we waited less than twenty five minutes, but oh well. I did regain a bit of composure, but to be honest I did not enjoy this much because I was mad at DH, and mostly myself.... and I needed out of my funk!

Fawn greeted us... she was great!

Then Tink... she was sassy! Funny though!

Then Rosetta,

(I have tons of Photopass pics I will post tomorrow from AK, EPCOT and the Fairies... to get caught up)

The girls loved it, they looked so cute in their dresses, and my number one thing to do was done, but my unmagical moment was just not something I could shake!

Luckily they were all in the hallway waiting for us. I felt somewhat bad DH missed it, but I was still mad that he did not listen. I also think once they saw the line was over an hour that quick they realized I was right (no one ever admitted that though).

Up next... would I get over my funk....all three children melt down, and a bus moment I will never forget!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #1779
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

I hate when husbands don't listen in Disney World.
They should all have known you knew what you were talking about... You are a Diser!!!
I hope you got out of your funk!

-nat
Old 07-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #1780
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Way to go Doug taking Luke back like that. Looks like the girls had an awesome time at the parade. I know much you wanted to get there and I am glad you did! The pool looks so fun, and I think Pepper Market would be the #1 reason I'd want to stay at CSR.
I was thrilled to see the parade with my girls. I hope as they get bigger when can split more often apart and do what they want. Pepper Market was yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Finally all caught up! Such a great report. Hope I can remember all I want to comment on!
We have some of the same princess shirts! Congrat on the upgrade! All your pool pics were so cute. Yay for Emily going all the way down the slide, Cayley stopped half way and I had to crawl down and get her at CBR-fun times LOL
CONGRATS on DVC. We are also buying and AKV is our front runner as of now. Though we are planning to go back in May and would like to try BLT for the monorail! Love the report so far!!
BLT and the monorail will be nice. I hope we do a short trip someday and just hit MK and EPCOT and stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ahhhh, loving all your CSR pictures!

Sounds like a great day at AK-your girls braving the 'big rides' and DH taking Luke! Plus accomplishing Nemo and the parade! I really enjoyed the parade there too-so unique and colorful and fun.

I'm glad to read you found the bag!!!

Hannah's pose at the pool is priceless. She's adorable!
AK might have been our best day. I felt like we left there and had done a lot.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #1781
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I can relate, WHY don't they listen???
Don't you ever just want to reach over and push, the pusher upper? They make me mad!
I'm glad the girls had some fun with the fairies and I'm sorry you were in a funk. I hope you recovered quickly because I have a feeling you are going to be taking care of some meltdowns.... Three in fact!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #1782
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

You know I think everybody has at least one of those moments where things just seem out of control and you just lose it. I hope your day and mood improved.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #1783
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Yes, everyone has their moments at WDW! I hope you were able to have fun the rest of the day!! I can totally relate to what you were saying about not wanting to get the girls pics taken w/Ariel b/c they were wearing their Tink dresses!! I was the same way! I made the girls wait to visit Ariel's Grotto until the day they wore thier Ariel dresses!! The girls look so happy with the faires!! We saw Tink and Fawn, too!! But we saw Silvermist instead of Rosetta.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #1784
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The Tinkerbell Massacre -- I love the name! Laura, you know I can relate to this! You were very specific about what to do with the girls and yet, no one was listening. I would have been furious especially since meeting the fairies without a super long wait takes a lot of preplannning! I am glad you were able to meet them though -- the pics with Tink are too cute!

I am very worried about the rest of your day though!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #1785
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Oh gee.... my kids are not really into meeting characters, I don't know why, but I really understand how time consuming and important it is to get these in without wasting time overall, and so I get why you snapped! Obviously this was an important moment for your girls, and it meant a lot to you to get them there! I don't know if I should look forward to the next update...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: