Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #196
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great updates and wonderful pics too. I would have been annoyed with all the broken down rides too could you imagine if that was your only day. I know things happen but I would be POed. I still love 'Ohana even with the changes. that Pina Colova looks yummy as does that banana's foster For meeting up with Tim & Lesley at MK. Glad you were all able to have a fun night. When you go on a nice long Disney trip you can take the time to just swim and relax a bit instead of going to meals and parks. Glad you enjoyed Boma and were happy to be back at AKL. You pool hopper . JK you own DVC your allowed to pool hop. Hey I reused my WL mugs back in 2003 it was 10 months after my last trip and they said we could reuse them. That was before DIS.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #197
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad you had a great meal and boys got to play Pool. Those balls were too cute

That is great Bryan enjoyed his massage.

At the lego store, do they have fill up a bucket for a certain price like they do with Mr Potato Head?

Glad all kids got swim together....that was so nice about the goody bags

U have me super curious now about your next update... Great cliffhanger
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #198
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Another great review Diane!! We love Boma too, one of our fav's, we're doing breakfast and dinner this summer and I can't wait....we've only done it once before for breakfast but have visited every trip for dinner.

Cutest pics!!! Can't wait for more. When you were talking about going to AKL for dinner and saying how excited you were, made me so excited for our first stay there. It will be our first at SSR too, I can't wait!!!

I tried to locate the pics of Jasmine eating the wings at O'Hana's so you can see her in actionbut so far no luck....but don't worry Diane, I'm still looking!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #199
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Phew, all caught up! Great pictures! My girls are horse lovers and I think would LOVE SSR! Right up their alley!

Glad you liked La Nouba. I would love to see it sometime. It looks so unique and different. Your son is too funny with his Abe Lincoln comment!

Neat that you met up with Tim and Lesley. I think any DISmeets are just too cool when you get to put a real live face to the name!

Allyson
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #200
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Oh that was just a lovely lovely update! What great photos, you all look so nice!!! I bought that same Mickey Be Green T for my guys after I saw it on your PTR in their Easter baskets I think??!! They look so handsome, and the pics of them and Brian are very nice -- a dad and his boys! SO SO funny about DH's comment about his massage -- "Chelsea" THAT is funny... I could totally hear my DH dishing that same joke.. that was a LOL for me!
Your Downtown Disney job with the Legos, that made me laugh, too... never thought about that "task" with the lego buckets, but that makes sense to use the same potato head strategy!!!

Lunch looked great, and of course I know Boma didn't disappoint! So nice you spent the evening with Lesley and crew.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #201
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

It looks like you guys had the Turf Club to your selves, I'm glad the food was good and everyone enjoyed the food.
The boys looked adorable in their "green" outfits, it was cool that Brian had one too.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #202
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The food does look and sound delicious at Turf Club!

What a great day with shopping, dinner at Boma, and swimming at the AKL! Does it get any better?

After your relaxing day, I bet you were all ready to hit the parks again!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #203
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Your boys have so much personality, you can tell that in their pictures! Darling!

I like the Turf Club; we ate there in September 07 and it was very good. I especially liked how you could eat and gaze at DTD - but it was way hot when we were there as well.

I like having "down days" too - it's not not to go, go, go all the time; and don't you love that you can do laundry?! I think that is one of the best things about the DVC resorts. It's so nice not having to go home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes!
Thank you so much! We really enjoyed Turf Club! It was great just relaxing that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo0612 View Post
Just getting caught up...but loving your report. We have little while to go before our trip, so reading your and seeing all the pictures is definately getting my fix!!!
Thank you! I am glad reading our report is helping you get ready for your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Sounds like a great relaxing day! What a great Father's Day gift, glad he enjoyed it. Too funny him saying that after your rubbed his back. Loved the boys outfits, they (the boys) are too cute and very photogenic. I didn't know about the photo op at the Christmas store, good to know!
Thanks Tammy! I love those "green" t-shirts too! There is a few X-mas phot ops at DTD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Those relaxing days interspersed really do make for the best Disney vacation ever. Sounds like a fabulous day!
Very true! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
What a lovely relaxing day. I love the pictures of the boy with their green shirts and sunglasses. You found the perfect gift for Bryan and I'm glad he was able to relax and enjoy it. Tell me about the lego thing. I've never done that. We did the potatoe head stuffed box, is it like that? Danielle enjoys legos but my 23 year old still likes them too.

We slept in this day too, but still hit AK. It was Danielle's real birthday. The skies opened up on us as we were leaving 1900 Park Fair that night. We got soaked even with our ponchos.
Thanks! Yes, Bryan LOVED his massage! Sorry you got so soaking wet, what a bummer! There are 2 sized tubs you can purchase to fill with legos. One is about $8-9 and the big one is $13-15! once you have it filled the cashier will add some more to it and then tape the lid down! It is just like the potato heads, the more strategically you place them, the more you can fit!! Too funny about your 23 year old! I like to play with the kids sometimes too! Sssh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Great installment!

Your dessert looks so delicious! That one sounds right up my alley.

I love the boys' coordinating shirts. Very cute! You looked so pretty that night with your hair all done and all! Not that you're not pretty to begin with, but you look especially pretty on this night.

Glad Bryan's gift worked out well. Sounds like pure heaven to me - tea and a sauna. I love the heat like that!

Can't wait for more!!!
You are so sweet! Thanks for the compliment! It was nice to actually do my hair and not wear a visor! Bryan did love his gift, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
Hi starting reading you TR today, I love it. Seems like you had a wonderful time, can't wait to read more.
WELCOME and thanks so much!! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
such a fun relaxing day, especially for Brian
It sure was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
I was so behind, but am now caught up!

Looks like a great couple of days! WTG on a non-park day, sounds like it was wonderful.
Glad you are all caught up! The non park day was JUST what we needed at the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I am really enjoying your report. My goal is to stay at AKL next year when we go back over Thanksgiving. I wanted to this time but Jeremy saw the slide at Coronado Springs and wanted to do that. Go figure, water slide, over seeing animals from the room! That child never ceases to amaze me!

I have never done the lego bucket. I assume you fill up the container and pay a set price, pretty much like the Mr. Potato Head. Is that right? If so, do you remember the cost? Jeremy would love this. I had not planned on going to DTD in September but might just for that.

Looking forward to your next update!

Erika
Thanks Erika! Too funny about Jeremy choosing CSR over AKL...who knows how kids minds work? Yes, the Legos are very much like the Potato head thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Exited to see what is next and glad you took a day off. Lunch looked fantastic, good to know.

You were legal pool hoppers-- can't you go to AKL with DVC, not AKV though or Stormalong bay.
Yes, Turf Club was great! Our off day was GREAT! The put a ban on all pool hopping the 4th of July weekend so I think it may have been ok when we did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Sounds like a fun, relaxing day. The massage sounds like a great treat for Brian. And the goody bags for Lesley's kids was a very sweet idea.

We will have to try Boma and the Turf club.
Thanks so much! Bryan loved his massage and the boys really enjoyed putting the goody bags together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
sounds like a fablous day!
It was, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
What a fun/relaxing day! That is the good thing about a longer vacation, you can really relax and aren't worried about missing something.

Thanks for the review of Turf Club. I was thinking about making an ADR there for our trip.

Your boys are so cute. I love that they dress alike. Where did you get their "green" shirt?
It was a fun relaxing day! Turf Club is like a hidden gem, never very busy but very good! I ordered the boys shirts on disneyshopping!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #204
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great updates and wonderful pics too. I would have been annoyed with all the broken down rides too could you imagine if that was your only day. I know things happen but I would be POed. I still love 'Ohana even with the changes. that Pina Colova looks yummy as does that banana's foster For meeting up with Tim & Lesley at MK. Glad you were all able to have a fun night. When you go on a nice long Disney trip you can take the time to just swim and relax a bit instead of going to meals and parks. Glad you enjoyed Boma and were happy to be back at AKL. You pool hopper . JK you own DVC your allowed to pool hop. Hey I reused my WL mugs back in 2003 it was 10 months after my last trip and they said we could reuse them. That was before DIS.
Hi Nichole! I was disappointed about all the closures and breakdowns but it all worked out in the end! Ohana was great as usual, I LOVE it there! Meeting up with Tim and Lesley was great, it was nice to have other kids to entertain and play with our kids and of course it was great that we all got along so well! Too funny about reusing your mugs, maybe Disney will be looking for you and Bryan now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad you had a great meal and boys got to play Pool. Those balls were too cute

That is great Bryan enjoyed his massage.

At the lego store, do they have fill up a bucket for a certain price like they do with Mr Potato Head?

Glad all kids got swim together....that was so nice about the goody bags

U have me super curious now about your next update... Great cliffhanger
Thanks Kelly! I thought those pool balls were super cute too! Bryan did enjoy his massage! The Lego thing is VERY similar to the Potato Head thing, same concept! The kids had so much fun with Luke and Lauren, they spent a TON of time with them and still talk about them daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Another great review Diane!! We love Boma too, one of our fav's, we're doing breakfast and dinner this summer and I can't wait....we've only done it once before for breakfast but have visited every trip for dinner.

Cutest pics!!! Can't wait for more. When you were talking about going to AKL for dinner and saying how excited you were, made me so excited for our first stay there. It will be our first at SSR too, I can't wait!!!

I tried to locate the pics of Jasmine eating the wings at O'Hana's so you can see her in actionbut so far no luck....but don't worry Diane, I'm still looking!!!!
Thanks so much! We LOVE Boma, it never disappoints! You will LOVE staying at the AKL, it is so beautiful! Keep searching for those pics. I would love to see them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Phew, all caught up! Great pictures! My girls are horse lovers and I think would LOVE SSR! Right up their alley!

Glad you liked La Nouba. I would love to see it sometime. It looks so unique and different. Your son is too funny with his Abe Lincoln comment!

Neat that you met up with Tim and Lesley. I think any DISmeets are just too cool when you get to put a real live face to the name!

Allyson
Thanks Allyson! La Nouba is great and very different from anything I had ever seen before! Thanks about Abe Lincoln, that has now been written in his baby book!! DIS meets are the BEST!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh that was just a lovely lovely update! What great photos, you all look so nice!!! I bought that same Mickey Be Green T for my guys after I saw it on your PTR in their Easter baskets I think??!! They look so handsome, and the pics of them and Brian are very nice -- a dad and his boys! SO SO funny about DH's comment about his massage -- "Chelsea" THAT is funny... I could totally hear my DH dishing that same joke.. that was a LOL for me!
Your Downtown Disney job with the Legos, that made me laugh, too... never thought about that "task" with the lego buckets, but that makes sense to use the same potato head strategy!!!

Lunch looked great, and of course I know Boma didn't disappoint! So nice you spent the evening with Lesley and crew.

Thanks for sharing!!!!
You are so sweet, thank you so much! That green Mickey T is so cute isn't it, glad you got some too! Yes, Bryan can be quite the buster when he wants to be! What we moms go through for Legos and Potato Heads!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
It looks like you guys had the Turf Club to your selves, I'm glad the food was good and everyone enjoyed the food.
The boys looked adorable in their "green" outfits, it was cool that Brian had one too.
Thanks Anita! We did basically have Turf Club to ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The food does look and sound delicious at Turf Club!

What a great day with shopping, dinner at Boma, and swimming at the AKL! Does it get any better?

After your relaxing day, I bet you were all ready to hit the parks again!
Thanks Jackie, the food was very good! It was the PERFECT day!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #205
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun!!! looks like you guys have had a great trip so far. 2 weeks...I'm so jealous!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #206
kshattuck
DIS Veteran

Love your TR! Your boys are so adorable. The Abe Lincoln commented had me on the floor. TOO funny!

Your MK day sounds like a bummer -- wonder what was up?! Thank goodness you have such a loooong trip to make up for it!

Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #207
stace208
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful, relaxing day! We've never stayed longer than a week so I have a hard time giving up my *park* time.

All your photos are great! Everyone looks so well rested, happy, and ready for more!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #208
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Joining in for the fun!!! looks like you guys have had a great trip so far. 2 weeks...I'm so jealous!!!
WELCOME, thanks for joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshattuck View Post
Love your TR! Your boys are so adorable. The Abe Lincoln commented had me on the floor. TOO funny!

Your MK day sounds like a bummer -- wonder what was up?! Thank goodness you have such a loooong trip to make up for it!

Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! Yes, Eric is quite the comedian! Being there so long did make touring MUCH easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
What a wonderful, relaxing day! We've never stayed longer than a week so I have a hard time giving up my *park* time.

All your photos are great! Everyone looks so well rested, happy, and ready for more!
Thanks so much! Yes, one of the good things about being there so long was being able to take it easy here and there!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #209
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 6 part 1

This was it, the day I had been waiting for! It was finally my turn to do something that was ALL FOR ME! It was our morning to eat with the princesses and I was beaming with excitement! I was so happy that my 3 "men" agreed to do this for me!!

We woke up to Eric all smooshed against Matthew again!

Finally we all got up and dressed and were out the door! We got lucky and got a bus to Epcot within 5 minutes!

TIMEOUT!!! I have to say we had read HORROR stories about the buses at SSR before we left. We never waited more than 15 minutes and that was only 1 time! Every morning we went to the bus stop, there was a rep from Disney Transportation taking down the times between buses! I was so pleasantly surprised!

OK back to the TR!

We arrived at Epcot and only had about 3 families in front of us!

Finally we were let in and we were off to Norway! We took a few empty park pictures on our way! I just LOVE the before the park opening breakfasts, SO PEACEFUL!

We finally arrived at our destination!

It was at this point that my sweet boy Matthew turned to me and said "Mom, I am so happy for you that you finally get to see the princesses"!!!! I'll admit, I teared up and stayed that way as soon as I saw this!

The food was delicious, this is jjust a picture of some of the stuff from the buffet, the hot stuff was brought directly to our table!

Then the beautiful princesses started coming!!!

Aurora was AWESOME, she started twirling her hair and asked the boys if they were here to keep us all safe!!! The boys ATE THAT UP!!!

This beauty was next!

Snow White said "I feel better knowing you boys are here with us today!"

Matthew then said to me "Why do they keep saying that?" I had to laugh!

Next up was Cinderella and I am upset because the picture is dark!

Cinderella said "You boys are very brave and handsome" then she walked away and Eric says "Prince Charming would NOT be happy if he heard her say that"!! That CRACKED us up!

Next up was Ariel!

She heard me say "Eric" so she stopped and said "Prince Eric, oh my goodness" he blushed and you can tell in the picture how embarrassed he was!

Bryan said to me Diane you have permagrin! I just couldn't stop smiling! Corny I know but I was just SO HAPPY and the meal was delicious!!! A PERFECT morning!!! A trip highlight for me, for sure!

After breakfast, we made our way back towards Future World along that building and path that leads to the Test Track area, we stopped to use the bathroom that is over there and this is when it happened...........................

Bryan coerced us into his world of Disney lawbreaking!! WE WENT UNDER ANOTHER ROPE!!!!!! It was for a good cause....sort of! We were the first to the fastpass machines!!!! Then we got in the standby line and were there first too..............that is why there is no pictures, I was too busy ducking and running!!!!!!

After the crime!

After Test Track we went to Mission Space!

Then it was on to Spaceship Earth!

next it was time to learn how to save some money!

COMING UP: LEARNING FROM A PIG

LUNCH WITH A RAT

ARE WE REALLY EATING AGAIN

Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #210
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

so glad you had a girlie meal!! the boys and the princesses look great

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: