Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #181
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

The rest of day 5

After the World of Disney, we browsed in a few more stores...

We hit Team Mickey! The boys loved these mugs!

then we went into Tren-D! Such a fun, pretty store!

We made a visit to the pin store!

This is when Bryan called and said he was on his way over, so I told him where we would be and to call when he got over to where we were!

I decide to go over to the Christmas Tree store to see if I could take our Christmas card photo picture! They didn't turn out very well!

After this Bryan called and we met him at the Animal kingdom Lodge bus stop!

Turns out, he LOVED his massasge once he relaxed and said it was so relaxing! From that point on whenever I would rub his back he would say "that isn't how Chelsea did it" such a BUSTER!! Turns out he went in the sauna and had some tea! Sounds like heaven to me!

We pulled into the Lodge and I was SO HAPPY to be there! We REALLY missed staying there this year! It is so well themed and SO VERY relaxing!

Well, happy to be "home" we went down to Boma and checked in! We were seated rather quickly as it wasn't very busy!

I have NO pictures from dinner guys! Sorry I guess I was just into my meal!! Boma did not disappoint and was delicious as always!!!

We had talked with lesley about the possibility of the kids swimming together so I brought their suits ( I know, no pool hopping!) The kids had so much fun swimming together!

We had made Luke and Lauren goody bags before we left home for our meet on 7/1 but we decided to bring them on this night!

The boys couldn't wait to give them to them!

Happy kids! Givers and receivers!!

the adults had a few drinks and watched the kids swim and we really enjoyed our time with them! They are such a nice family and we all got along really well!!

Unfortunately, storms started rolling in and our fun was cut short! We brought the kids inside and said our goodbyes changed the boys and headed back to Saratoga!

We got back and showered and went to sleep!

What a GREAT and relaxing day! So nice to just take it easy!!!

Coming up next! I have waited SO LONG for this moment!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #182
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Your boys have so much personality, you can tell that in their pictures! Darling!

I like the Turf Club; we ate there in September 07 and it was very good. I especially liked how you could eat and gaze at DTD - but it was way hot when we were there as well.

I like having "down days" too - it's not not to go, go, go all the time; and don't you love that you can do laundry?! I think that is one of the best things about the DVC resorts. It's so nice not having to go home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #183
jojo0612
Mouseketeer

Just getting caught up...but loving your report. We have little while to go before our trip, so reading your and seeing all the pictures is definately getting my fix!!!
Me DH DS (12) DD (9) Sammy our rescued dog/1994 18 and fancy free - trip with friends - offsite 9/2007 First Family Trip - POR 9/2008 Going back for seconds with free Dining - POR Sept 09 Bounceback at POP 9/11 Free dining at Saratoga Springs

Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #184
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great relaxing day! What a great Father's Day gift, glad he enjoyed it. Too funny him saying that after your rubbed his back. Loved the boys outfits, they (the boys) are too cute and very photogenic. I didn't know about the photo op at the Christmas store, good to know!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #185
pmama
DIS Veteran

Those relaxing days interspersed really do make for the best Disney vacation ever. Sounds like a fabulous day!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #186
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

What a lovely relaxing day. I love the pictures of the boy with their green shirts and sunglasses. You found the perfect gift for Bryan and I'm glad he was able to relax and enjoy it. Tell me about the lego thing. I've never done that. We did the potatoe head stuffed box, is it like that? Danielle enjoys legos but my 23 year old still likes them too.

We slept in this day too, but still hit AK. It was Danielle's real birthday. The skies opened up on us as we were leaving 1900 Park Fair that night. We got soaked even with our ponchos.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #187
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Great installment!

Your dessert looks so delicious! That one sounds right up my alley.

I love the boys' coordinating shirts. Very cute! You looked so pretty that night with your hair all done and all! Not that you're not pretty to begin with, but you look especially pretty on this night.

Glad Bryan's gift worked out well. Sounds like pure heaven to me - tea and a sauna. I love the heat like that!

Can't wait for more!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #188
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

Hi starting reading you TR today, I love it. Seems like you had a wonderful time, can't wait to read more.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #189
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

such a fun relaxing day, especially for Brian
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #190
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

I was so behind, but am now caught up!

Looks like a great couple of days! WTG on a non-park day, sounds like it was wonderful.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #191
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying your report. My goal is to stay at AKL next year when we go back over Thanksgiving. I wanted to this time but Jeremy saw the slide at Coronado Springs and wanted to do that. Go figure, water slide, over seeing animals from the room! That child never ceases to amaze me!

I have never done the lego bucket. I assume you fill up the container and pay a set price, pretty much like the Mr. Potato Head. Is that right? If so, do you remember the cost? Jeremy would love this. I had not planned on going to DTD in September but might just for that.

Looking forward to your next update!

Erika

Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #192
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Exited to see what is next and glad you took a day off. Lunch looked fantastic, good to know.

You were legal pool hoppers-- can't you go to AKL with DVC, not AKV though or Stormalong bay.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #193
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a fun, relaxing day. The massage sounds like a great treat for Brian. And the goody bags for Lesley's kids was a very sweet idea.

We will have to try Boma and the Turf club.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #194
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

sounds like a fablous day!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #195
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a fun/relaxing day! That is the good thing about a longer vacation, you can really relax and aren't worried about missing something.

Thanks for the review of Turf Club. I was thinking about making an ADR there for our trip.

Your boys are so cute. I love that they dress alike. Where did you get their "green" shirt?

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: