Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #136
pmama
DIS Veteran

Good to know taxi service was so reasonable from HS-DTD. Also tip to have the right change for Taxi driver.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #137
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I just got in from driving with my DD (she is gearing up to get her license, god help us all) and I had a message from Purplepeg. She said, when you get home, log in, Diane's last installment is going to crack you up

I guilted DD into doing the supper dishes that we left so we could drive in daylight, and I promptly logged in as instructed....I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.....Eric will be the entertainment section of your TR, I see it all in the cards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #138
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Another great update! Loved the pics of the Grandstand pool area - I had no idea there was another water/spraypark area right there for kids - that's great!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #139
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Matthew's comment about Abe Lincoln was fall on the floor funny! Kids and the things that stick in their mind.

I really liked how their shirts turned out. I will make sure we do that next trip!

Looking forward to MK!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #140
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad you had a good waitress at Prime Time. They can make or break your experience there

That nerdy guy looked hilarious

Probably not funny at the time, but picturing you get on tram, go in a loop and get dropped off right where you were is making me laugh..sorry

Cab driver sounded crazy and then the flash photography guy....

wow...crazies were out in full force tonight

What Eric said was hilarious

LA Nouba sounds great

Sounds like you had a great day
Old 07-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #141
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Love that pic of your boys in Artist's Palette. They are so handsome and cute together!

The tshirts came out realy cool!

I agree about SSR. It really is a lovely resort with many amenities. It looks like you were in the same building but with a different view as us from our September 08 trip. Love that location! It is our favorite at SSR.

OMG!!! Does Eric ever STOP with the hilarious comments?! That boy must make you roll every day! Loved his comment about Abe Lincoln. That one is really thinking and making connections! Oh boy!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #142
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

I'm in! That stinks about the rain and the delay. I'm in NYC so I know exactly what you mean about the rain. It was getting downright ridiculous here with the horrible weather.

I'm so envious of all of you who are DVC members. We are in the process of trying to save for a house so I don't see it happening for us anytime soon but I am hopeful that dh will agree someday.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
Old 07-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #143
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Busy, Busy afternoon and night. I love your pictures of SS. It really looks beautiful. You had such a great experience at 50s. We ate there our last night and hour waiter was a dude. We didn't get bad service, just no fun. The waitress next to us was a hoot. Glad you enjoyed your night and Eric adds the laughter again.

Ready for MK next.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #144
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

Love the boys shirts! 50's Prime Time sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to read about the first morning in MK!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #145
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Wow, you guys did so much this day! Glad you all enjoyed La Nouba - I've seen a couple of Cirque Du Soliel's shows and they are amazing, but I'm not sure my kids would be as interested as I am - especially if they are tired. But your boys look happy on the boat ride, they sure are troopers!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #146
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Great update Diane ... glad that La Nouba was a hit with your family. We will have to try it someday.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #147
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great update. Looks like you had fun at 50's PT. It's Kaylee's favorite. Wow what a crazy cab ride and then the "no flash photography" guy. This night is sounding a little rough until Eric's comment . glad you loved the show. We are dying to go, but like you said it's expensive and we never find time to fit it in. But we will soon.
Thanks Nichole! The boys loved 50's! I hope you someday can fit La Nouba in, it really is unique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Great update! Glad you had a fun time at the 50s primetime! That was a good choice for us, too... We had a silly waiter. La Nouba seems like it was a memorable evening for you all! Looking forward to the MK day!!!
Thank you! The waitress made the meal so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
OMG, I just about bust a gut laughing at the kids and AbeThat is the funniest thing I think I have ever heardYou just made my whole night
THANKS! Your post had me laughing out loud too!! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
Love the Abe Lincoln comment. Where do kids come up with these things.
Thanks! eric is just a one liner machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The boys' shirts turned out so cute! Do you happen to remember how much it cost to do that?

50's looks like so much fun -- one day I hope to convince Charles to do it.

La Nouba sounds great -- I LOVED Matthew's comment about security! That's classic!
Thanks Jackie! La Nouba really was GREAT! The boys shirts were $24 each total!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Good to know taxi service was so reasonable from HS-DTD. Also tip to have the right change for Taxi driver.
We thought it was reasonable too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I just got in from driving with my DD (she is gearing up to get her license, god help us all) and I had a message from Purplepeg. She said, when you get home, log in, Diane's last installment is going to crack you up

I guilted DD into doing the supper dishes that we left so we could drive in daylight, and I promptly logged in as instructed....I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.....Eric will be the entertainment section of your TR, I see it all in the cards
OK you and purplepeg are TOO MUCH, I am cracking up at the 2 of you! Tell your DD I am sorry you made her do the dishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
Another great update! Loved the pics of the Grandstand pool area - I had no idea there was another water/spraypark area right there for kids - that's great!
I am glad I could help you out with that info! The Grandstand area was GREAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Great update!

Matthew's comment about Abe Lincoln was fall on the floor funny! Kids and the things that stick in their mind.

I really liked how their shirts turned out. I will make sure we do that next trip!

Looking forward to MK!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad you had a good waitress at Prime Time. They can make or break your experience there

That nerdy guy looked hilarious

Probably not funny at the time, but picturing you get on tram, go in a loop and get dropped off right where you were is making me laugh..sorry

Cab driver sounded crazy and then the flash photography guy....

wow...crazies were out in full force tonight

What Eric said was hilarious

LA Nouba sounds great

Sounds like you had a great day
You can laugh at us and the tram, we laughed pretty hard at ourselves!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Love that pic of your boys in Artist's Palette. They are so handsome and cute together!

The tshirts came out realy cool!

I agree about SSR. It really is a lovely resort with many amenities. It looks like you were in the same building but with a different view as us from our September 08 trip. Love that location! It is our favorite at SSR.

OMG!!! Does Eric ever STOP with the hilarious comments?! That boy must make you roll every day! Loved his comment about Abe Lincoln. That one is really thinking and making connections! Oh boy!
Thanks! That Grandstand location is GREAT! No, Eric never stops, that is him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
I'm in! That stinks about the rain and the delay. I'm in NYC so I know exactly what you mean about the rain. It was getting downright ridiculous here with the horrible weather.

I'm so envious of all of you who are DVC members. We are in the process of trying to save for a house so I don't see it happening for us anytime soon but I am hopeful that dh will agree someday.
WELCOME, and thanks for joining us! I sure hope you are aable to purchase DVC someday, don't worry we had to wait a long time to buy too, your time will come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Busy, Busy afternoon and night. I love your pictures of SS. It really looks beautiful. You had such a great experience at 50s. We ate there our last night and hour waiter was a dude. We didn't get bad service, just no fun. The waitress next to us was a hoot. Glad you enjoyed your night and Eric adds the laughter again.

Ready for MK next.
Thanks so much! Sorry you had a dud waiter at 50's, they really can make or break your experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Love the boys shirts! 50's Prime Time sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to read about the first morning in MK!
Thanks Tammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Wow, you guys did so much this day! Glad you all enjoyed La Nouba - I've seen a couple of Cirque Du Soliel's shows and they are amazing, but I'm not sure my kids would be as interested as I am - especially if they are tired. But your boys look happy on the boat ride, they sure are troopers!
Now that we have seen La Nouba, I would love to see other Cirque shows! I bet your kids would surprise you and be good and enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great update Diane ... glad that La Nouba was a hit with your family. We will have to try it someday.
Thanks so much! You should definitely give La Nouba a shot!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #148
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

DAY 4 Magic Kingdom!

Well the alarm went off at 7:15 and we were just SO TIRED! We snoozed a little and then finally around 7:40 we got up! We ate breakfast, got dressed and went to the bus stop! We waited about 10 minutes for a bus and got to the Magic Kingdom just as the opening show was ending! This is the park that gave me the most stress as far as touring is concerned! I wasn't sure which way we should head first! We decided to head to Tomorrowland and hit Buzz Lightyear first! It was so strange to be over that way and not have a mob scene at Space Mountain!

After Buzz, Bryan went ahead of us to fastpass BTMRR and he was going to meet us at the Haunted Mansion! The boys and I stopped and took some pictures of the stage show on our way!

We head to the Haunted Mansion and it was CLOSED due to technical difficulties! I was BUMMED and I felt like we were wasting SO MUCH TIME! poor Bryan comes back and is dripping sweat and then we couldn't even ride! BTMRR fastpasses in hand, we head over to Pirates...

We spent a good bit of time in the gift shop!

After the gift shop, we decided to ride IASW! Much to the boys dismay! I didn't take any pictures, I just wanted to sit back and relax!

After IASW, we went to use our fastpasses for BTMRR and fastpassed Splash Mountain on the way! Well don't you know we get all the way up to the gate before you actually get on the ride and an announcement comes on, that the ride is currently experiencing technical difficulties! COME ON! I am sorry to say but this really put me in a foul mood! I know it was really no one's fault but we had NO space mountain, no TTA, no haunted mansion and now no BTMRR! I was fed up so we headed over to Liberty Tree Tavern to try and check in early and get out of the stinking midday heat!

We got lucky and were able to get a table about 10 minutes early! SCORE! We were excited to try it here as we had never been!

I thought the mugs the drinks came in were so cute!

We really paced out this meal and took our time! Of course both kids had to go to the bathroom at 2 different times! Bryan and I took turns but it is not fun at this restaurant, because you have to upstairs to the bathroom!!

I ordered the Tavern Fried Cheese and shared with the kids!

Bryan finished his, before I remembered to take a picture!

For my entree I got the popular pot roast and I LOVED it! I thought it was better then at 50's Prime Time!

I guess my mood kept me from taking many pictures, because I didn't take one of Bryan's entree either!

The kids both got pizza and fries! SHOCKING I know!

For dessert, I had the very popular ooey gooey toffee cake and it was AMAZING!!!

Bryan had some no sugar added sorbet!

After our meal we decided to just take it easy! We had decided ahead of time that we would stay at the Magic Kingdom until it was time to go to the Poly for our Ohana dinner because our dinner ressie was early, right at 5:00pm!

We went over to the Carousel of Progress! We just LOVE that! Then we went over and browsed the shops on Main St., something we have never done!

The boys decided they wanted to design their own ears, so we headed over to the Chapeau!

It was cute and the boys had a good time doing it! We had to wait a few hours to get them back though because they wanted their names engraved on the back!

We decided to make a few pin trades!

As we were trading, we were chatting with a CM that appeared to be some sort of management and he was asking what we had ridden (I wanted to say "NOT MUCH, it was all BROKEN" but I didn't) Matthew said he was disappointed that he couldn't ride Space Mountain so the CM said OH just you wait, make sure you come back because it is going to be GREAT and totally different from how it used to be! I thought that was interesting!

During all of this Bryan was still deciding on what he would buy when he got his birthday gift card!

Then I spotted Casey's and realized I had no clue that it was ever even there!

It was getting close to the time we needed to leave so we walked down Main St. towards the exit boat launch!

I took these pics. on the way out!

I thought this picture was cute!

Then we boarded the boat headed for the Grand Floridian and then the Poly!

This picture, the boys got such a kick out of, it is the safety instructions for the boat but Mickey is on them so they asked me to take a picture!

Continued in the next post!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #149
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

I was so far behind that I only just now caught up--great pictures and updates!!
love the designed T-shirts of the boys
fun Mickey raviloi
sad, but good point about riding in the front of the monorail
glad you guys enjoyed La Nouba
Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #150
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Dinner at Ohana and our evening!

After getting off the boat at the Poly, we were about 30 minutes early for ur reservation and the waiting area was PACKED! I checked in anyway and hoped for the best!

Bryan was just about to go get us each a drink when our buzzer went off! I was shocked!

This is one of our favorite restaurants! The boys were excited about the coconut races! We were brought to a GREAT table with an amazing view of the lake and Magic Kingdom!

Bryan and I each ordered a drink! I had a Pina Colava which I loved!

Bryan had a bud light with Lime!

I was nervous about this meal, because I kept reading about all the menu changes but was relieved to find that it was exactly the same as it was last April!

First we had bread...

Then salad! I LOVE the dressing they use!

Then noodles!

Then my favorite pot stickers and wings! Man are these GOOD!!

Eric and I...

Bryan and Matthew...

Some of the decor...

It was about this time that Matthew said "I guess they aren't doing the coconut races anymore" well no sooner did he say that and a man came out and started the whole Ohana means family thing and the regular activities were onder way but it seemed strange without the woman who is usually there!

Matthew jumped into some coconut race action! Eric wasn't feeling it...

they started to bring the meats around !

Bryan's reaction to the hot towels they give you to clean your hands!

The yummy meats and shrimp!

My goodness we were STUFFED! Of course we had a little room left for banana bread foster (or whatever it's called)

I felt bad for Bryan of course because he couldn't have any, they made him a no sugar added apple stacker!

After we rolled out of Ohana we went back to the Magic Kingdom to pick up the boys ears and to use our BTMRR fastpasses that we got back after the ride brokedown and our Splash Mountain fastpasses!

Here are the boys with their ears! Don't mind my husband!

After we picked up our ears, we walked up Main St. and stopped near Casey's and the Plaza to have a photopass photographer take our picture! When we were done, I went to get the stroller that was off to the side and I saw Lesley (TimandLesley) standing outside Casey's so I went over to say Hi! well I noticed she was on the phone, so I backed off but she looked up and saw me and held up her finger telling me "hi, just a second" so I waited and I couldn't help but hear her talking and the poor thing was WORKING! Her family was inside finishing up their meal and this poor woman was outside working! I felt so bad! Anyway, she got off the phone and tells me that she had just an awful day! At this point Tim and Luke and Lauren come over so Bryan comes up and joins us too! We hadn't planned to really meet up until 7/1 but Luke was so cute, he said "Can we go on some rides?" So of course my boys were over the moon excited! It was funny because Lesley had told me before we even left for Disney that her kids might be shy at first and I said Oh mine too! WELL that was not the case AT ALL! They acted like they had known each other for years!!! We all had such a fun time! We decide to all ride Buzz together. Bryan and Eric rode together, Tim and Lauren, Matthew and Luke and Lesley and I! It was so much fun...Lesley kicked my BUTT!!

After Buzz, we decided to go over to the Haunted Mansion together!

After that we walked back over to the other side again and saw Monsters Inc. and they had a BLAST together in there!

After Monsters Inc, we parted ways because they were going to call it a night and leave and we wanted to use our fastpasses for Splash! It was so much fun spending time with them, what a GREAT family! It put my earlier foul mood out of my mind and I was happy again!!

We then RUSHED to Splash and rode...SUCH FUN at night! After the ride we FLEW to Main St. to try and beat Spectro so we wouldn't get stuck! We went through the Emporium all the way to the end and got delayed by 2 floats! It was fun to see them though!

After the second float, we were home free! We got to the stop and hardly anyone was in line! WOO HOO! We waited about 5 minutes and an SSR bus pulled up and we were headed home again!

We got back showered and fell asleep FAST!!

Coming up next: Animal Kingdom again?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: